Overall Satisfaction with Sage 50
Billing, payroll, payables and training clients on the product.
- Very costly with other products out there being less expensive
- Telephone support is very bad
- AccountEdge,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Premier,QuickBooks Pro,Profitt,Infor SunSystems,Oracle BPM Suite,PeopleSoft Financials,great plains,Oracle JD Edwards World
developed in BC
Cost is so high.
The nonprofit charitable receipts need to be improved and supported.
Using Sage 50
2 - data entry, payroll, invoicing
5 - basic knowledge of data entry, accounting, office software
- Created tracking of Union dues for CAW by percentage using projects to allocate costs
- Used build from assembly to process, package and ship product from coffee beans to packaged product
- Created billing for boats in harbour using projects
- Tracked funds for non profit using projects
- Electronic transfer of funds
- Credit card processing
- Remote update of invoices through smartphone/tablet
Evaluating Sage 50 and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
I have been using program since 1988 when it was Simply Accounting
Sage 50 Implementation
I do great work and have implemented many companies
- Vendor implemented
Change management was minimal - do not rely on tech support
- People do not like change and will fight it if they can.
Sage 50 Support
Give me an example, any example of when they could help me. I cannot think of one. Why can't I give a negative result for above?
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response
Not Available - I have people calling me from all over Canada for support issues that Sage has told them they can't do. I get it done, and clients are happy. Why call and sit on line for ever for no results.
Yes - never, never
No, but I can tell you when I gave Sage solutions for their product.
Using Sage 50
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Contacting support
Yes - I am in the process of testing it for a service company at this time. When I called for info on the product, I was told by customer service it did not exists. So I went looking on the internet and found one.