Overall Satisfaction with Sage One Accounting
We are using Sage One as our small business accounting package. We chose it because it is online, tracks our provincial and federal taxes, and gives our bookkeeper access to our accounting system without having to upload files. Other features that guided our choice were the price and the ability to generate invoices directly from the software.
- Anywhere access
- Ability to invoice directly from software, with pay by credit card or Paypal integrated into the invoice.
- Interacts with your bank to download and automatically match transactions
- The invoices do not have enough customization. Stock layouts are not pleasing, or straight forward
- Needs a statement report that you can send out to customers
- Interface times out if you don't click save without notification. You will go to save a long quote and be told that the system signed you out, forcing you to start over.
- Invoice numbers should be present throughout the invoice screens. Can only see invoice number from list screen and report, not while editing invoice.
- Needs an outstanding invoice screen that shows all customers that owe money
- Sorting doesn't stay, need to reset everytime
- Sage One promised a lot and failed. It has made us less efficient and more frustrated.
We looked at Xero and Wave. We chose Sage One because it is available in Canadian dollars allowing us to predict how much the monthly costs will be. Were weren't aware of Wave at the time but would have chosen it instead.
Our accounting needs are very simple, yet Simply Accounting One does not meet them. There are plenty of free accounting programs available that have more features and a more polished interface. If you are considering looking at Sage One I would take a close look at Wave or Xero.