November 26, 2013
Score 10 out of 10
Saleslogix: Currently on 7.2 and considering an upgrade to v8-Web
- Easy to use and learn.
- Connect the correct contacts to the correct accounts and opportunities even if there are multiple people with the same name (not an easy task in Salesforce.com).
- Version 8 has great analytics and BI accessibility.
- SLX Mobile is an excellent tool.
- Extremely customizable.
- Great teams and security functionality.
- Filtering/sorting on multiple columns at the same time within a group.
- Easier report configuration.
- Make it easier to use Word templates in mail merge.
- Add a "Last Accessed Date" field to groups in the administrator to delete old/inactive groups.
- Quick access to accounts and contacts.
- Quick access to latest conversations with prospective clients - improved efficiency.
- On premise versioning keeps cost down vs hosted models - much better ROI over time.
Because we've already made the investment in the original on-premise version, the cost per user is relatively low. The product has grown with us and we can now choose a LAN or Web client version and host the site internally, giving us total control of our data. The iPhone and iPad versions allow the sales team quick access in the field and the voice-to-text option is quite handy. SalesLogix doesn't require that our technology stack be constantly up to date which again, keeps our cost down. They are always making enhancements to the product and we can choose to update/upgrade when those enhancements appeal to us enough to justify adding the service pack.
Compared to Salesforce.com and Microsoft CRM, the ROI is much quicker for the investing organization and the user interface is as good as anything out there. It requires no more resources than any other CRM and with minimal training one can be up to speed in a short time. There's a SalesLogix community on the web that can answer most any question.