salesPRISM Review 3 of 5
salesPRISM: "Lattice Engine Review"
Christian Wolfe profile photo
October 16, 2013

salesPRISM: "Lattice Engine Review"

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction

• As I mentioned, the software identified high potential customers and focused our reps on better opportunities.
  • It increased the velocity of sales of our new reps substantially. They spent much less time prospecting and much more time discussing real solutions with our customers
  • The product performed fine - at times change management was difficult. That said, The Lattice team did a great job supporting us through this change.
  • We were looking for >20% ROI overall and >$300,000 in incremental revenue in the first 5 months of implementation. We blew past the $$ target. I left CCH before we had meaningful ROI results.
In my new position I will certainly be calling the team from Lattice to help me identify high potential clients and drive the change through the sales force that is needed.
Lattice is a great team - they get in bed with you to WIN.

Product Usage

Identification of customers with a much higher likelihood to purchase software and information products than the average customer
3 - We had three DB specialists managing the BI component and a working team of several product managers and sales and marketing leaders that met weekly to review the results with sales teams. Suggestions from this group would be provided to Lattice.
  • We used Lattice engine to identify customers with a higher likelihood to purchase our products based on rich transaction history. With 100s of products, Lattice was much more effective in mining our transaction history and zeroing in on customers with high potential
  • We found that the product also really helped us make our NEW sales reps much more productive more quickly. Their prospecting focused on high likelihood to close customers

Evaluation and Selection

This was a greenfield installation. We believed in the power of predictive analytics.
We picked this system because of the overall approach of Lattice. Installing a predictive analytics engine requires transformation and change management of sales, product owners, and their associated leadership. Lattice Engines has a holistic approach that includes hand-holding an organization through the change needed to be successful.

Implementation

The implementation hit the milestones we established. Lattice was VERY committed to helping us make sure what we committed back to the organization was met.
  • Vendor implemented
We worked with Lattice to get the data collected and structured - they were with us every step. Once the data was ready we passed it over to Lattice and they ran with it.

Training

• Online training
  • In-person training
Please see my answers to the previous question. We had very good feedback from our product management, strategy and sales leadership and reps regarding our training.
Our sales teams really enjoyed the in-person training sessions. Ongoing support was also available to them. We had weekly follow-up meetings with sales leadership and the Lattice team was always there to help course correct us when we got off track.

Configuration

I don't believe there was much customization. Our data needed massaging and structuring but once that was done the rest was pretty much standard fare.

Support

The Lattice team really became part of our project. They did a great job leading us when needed and also supporting us at all hours weekdays and weekends.
Yes - We paid for ongoing support because we decided that it was in our best interests to have predictive analytics experts on our team. The incremental costs were worth it.

Usability

The product is part of a service. The team from Lattice did a great job of supporting us and of delivering the results we set out to attain. They became an integral part of our success.

Reliability

The product didn't go down.
The Lattice team kept the timelines we agreed to and pushed the envelop to deliver ahead of time when we needed it.

Integration

• The intent was to integrate with Salesforce - I left CCH before that integration took place.
  • Our own in-house systems that fed the data to Lattice.
Please see the answers above
  • We had customer service transaction databases that we wanted to integrate with but I'm not sure that happened after I left the firm.

Vendor Relationship

The Lattice team, pre and post sales, was great - absolutely dedicated to high levels of service and continuous improvement. We had a great team mentality to win.
Confidential - I can't speak to terms, however, Lattice was very flexible in the number of plays they gave us.