They are the best!
February 23, 2022
They are the best!
Technician in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 51-200 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Samsung SSD
The Samsung SSDs consistently perform at the top of the speed spectrum throughout all types of storage scenarios. We use them to make our end-user experiences quick and snappy.
- Speed. Whether it's tiny files while running an OS or larger bulk files, Samsung SSDs consistently perform at the top.
- Reliability. In the 10 years I've been using/deploying Samsung SSDs, I've yet to have one die.
- Cost. They have models across the price spectrum, and their lower-priced models consistently perform at the level of higher-priced brands.
- The QVO models of their drives suffer performance loss. Now, that is just inherent to the use of QLC NAND, but they could offset this by adding more fast cache to those drives.
- I would love to see Samsung bring enterprise-style hot-swappable 2.5" PCIe drives to a more mainstream market. One of my biggest reasons for not going with NVMe drives in my latest production storage server was the cost-prohibitive nature of enterprise-grade hot-swappable NVMe drives.
- I have been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of a 3rd improvement I'd like to see Samsung make to their SSDs. I cannot think of anything realistic to add. It was hard enough to come up with the first two. They are just really good all-around.
- They are fast throughout the speed spectrum of SSDs. All the way from processing tiny file sizes up to bulk files.
- For laptops, they have an added benefit of being very power efficient and can help with battery life.
- They stay fast and cool for continuous high performance operation whether it be in a desktop, laptop, or always-on server.
- By implementing Samsung SSDs in our end-user machines, the time it takes for our desktop support technicians to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues gets cut down in time drastically because of how fast they are.
- They are very affordable, which makes their payoff very quick from a cost perspective in regards to how much time they save us.
- Because of their speed, the end users have many less complaints about the performance of their devices, whether it be desktops or laptops.
Do you think Samsung SSD delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Samsung SSD's feature set?
Did Samsung SSD live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Samsung SSD go as expected?
Would you buy Samsung SSD again?
They are well suited in any area of computing storage needs that require speed, reliability, ease of management (with their Magician software), and good pricing is desired (i.e. day-to-day end-user desktop computer usage to HA, always-on SAN storage). Your end-users particularly will thank you for a Samsung SSD upgrade, especially if their machine is running off a hard drive, currently.