- It's quick and simple to get started with a session - there's very little wasted time between acknowledging the requirement for a screen sharing session and getting up and running.
- From an agent perspective it's incredibly useful to have visibility on which other agents are running sessions, how long sessions have been running and whether users are connected at the other end. Being able to see this level of detail at a glance helps when trying to juggle multiple agents needing access at the same time (and is something our previous supplier didn't offer).
- We like the ability to brand the tool, so that it's in keeping with our design values. Clients who call in and require screen sharing sessions are often not very technologically savvy and/or anxious for their questions to be answered, so anything that helps them feel comfortable is a bonus.
- As with every screen sharing tool which allows agents to take control of clients' computers, there can be problems with clients being able to download the necessary app. A number of our clients belong to local authorities and have to conform to council IT policies, which can be restrictive with things like firewall settings...in which case we're not always able to use ScreenConnect.
- I've not always found the help centre documentation to be the clearest - some of the customisation tools are quite difficult to understand at first, and it would be helpful for the documentation to be a little clearer. Ideally it would be good to have some simple examples for regular use cases, in case it's not necessary to drill down into the more complex functionality.
- Clean and Great UX
- Branding Ability
- Ease of Use
- Can be quite difficult for the customer to understand
- A lot of prompts for user permissions (Can scare some customers)
- No branding on Installer
- Can not control mobile devices
- Dynamic bandwidth adjustment to scale with the amount of bandwidth required
- Easy unattended support
- Unlimited endpoints!!! MOST IMPORTANT!
- Auto power rules to allow for no sleep or hibernate when doing unattended support.
- No press and hold mouse pop-ups on mobile app, sooooo annoying.
- Low bandwidth color mode not just black and white.
- Best for unattended support because of unlimited endpoints
- Not as good for businesses to remote in as a remote office
- Connecting to client systems is easy
- Managing and tracking what is done to clients systems is available
- Organizing connected clients and setting user access to specific clients is intuitive and incredibly manageable
- Some of the plugins can be hard to use
- There are endless customization options, but the sheer amount makes it tedious to change logos, colors, ect. as needed for company needs
- The need to install a third party tool to connect to sessions causes some people to distrust the software
It's not well suited for managing only 2 or 3 remote systems.
- ConnectWise Control is super easy to use to get into a computer that I have the agent running on.
- ConnectWise Control makes setting up help sessions really simple where I can just have a client go to a certain URL, type in a code and allow me to control their screen.
- ConnectWise Control has a very reasonable price.
- The only thing I don't like about ConectWise Control is that it's so integrated into the ConnectWise RMM tool and I can't use it to replace TeamViewer with my other RMM.
ConnectWise Control Review: "ScreenConnect, the best remote administration software available today"
- ScreenConnect is great at remote administration. We can easily connect to machines and provide prompt service.
- ScreenConnect is secure. We know that when we connect to our clients private servers that everything is encrypted.
- We would like the ability to control more than Samsung smart phones. We have users who have iOS and other Andriod devices and would like to be able to quickly add e-mail to client phones.
- The remote access sessions are established quickly without the need of exchanging passwords or setting up additional profiles.
- The remote session is initiated through the browser, so no additional software needs to be pre-installed.
- The System admin can easily transfer files back and forth making installation and updates more efficient.
- Termination of remote call after a fixed period of idle time needs to be implemented.
- The pricing structure needs to be more flexible and they ought to include a longer trial phase.
ConnectWise Control Review: "A proactive remote solution issue solver. Time to business is less in secure manner."
Any impact on a user's machine, actually hampers his work, so we found this solution gives us a no-time solver remotely.
- I like mostly how we can remotely monitor various services [to see if they] are up/down. For example, whether a user has a firewall on, do a browser check, version check etc. This is really useful for me to remotely monitor the issues and proactively work on the issues before a user reports them.
- I would say, the product could give us a better monitoring on security updates. Monitoring Microsoft security updates are missing. Mainly focusing on security as well. This [would give] a booster to the software.
- Log management system has a lot of room for improvement.
- There small bugs here and there. A small percent of servers and Chrome Books are not well addressed.
The dashboard based on host level or admin level is a really nice one, where you can remotely monitor devices. It's kind of a proactive remote resolution maker rather than a reactive tool, which I feel is really awesome. The product has remote support, meetings, and monitoring, and every enterprise has a need in this area.
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Auditing options are available if you create a server for its storage.
- Transferring files is easy to use
- Changing users on a server is easy to easy
- Categorizing computers in a list makes and having a search feature makes it very user-friendly
- Adding new employees/changing passwords in ScreenConnect feels more difficult than it should be.
- Sometimes the screen can make the viewing field way too small and when using the zoom feature in ScreenConnect makes it hard to adjust to the right size.
- It logs out after being idle for a short amount of time.
- Fast, efficient remote access
- Automated reconnect upon reboot of workstation or server
- Transfer of files/documents from host to attendee
- Quick installation and automated deployment of software via group policy
- In previous years, a complaint would have been the duration between clicking Remotely Control and the window appearing, but this has been greatly improved!
- Requires opening Automate application, no standalone application for quicker connections.
- It is secure.
- It has real time speed when working remotely. Does't have a lag or hesitation as with other remote programs.
- It is difficult to use. Hard to understand how to save a client connection.
- Difficult to log off a client's computer.
- Naming of instructions or objective should be rewritten to a simpler, clearly understood command, such as 'To connect to a remote computer', "To save a client connection for future use', "Remote access for others'.......
- Instructions and help features are difficult to understand.
- Search engine to find the link to connect is difficult to locate on the web.
ConnectWise Control used mostly in our Client-Server architecture. It is mainly used for reboot and reconnect, drag and drop file transfer, screen recording, safe mode support, multiple monitor, command line access, wake-on-LAN, VOIP, chat, and a custom toolbox for quick deployment of support tools.
- ConnectWise Control server is self-hosted, and runs as a .NET Framework application.
- On Microsoft Windows it runs as a set of services.
- On Linux and OS X it runs as a daemon on a bundled fork of the Mono Runtime.
- It can be integrated in cross platform architecture.
- Great advantages for SOA(Service Oriented Architecture).
- WCF SOAP Session Manager service provides a data store for both the Web Server and Relay services.
- It can be used in any platform .net client with WINDOWS OS, Java with OS X and LINUX, IOS and android clients.
- The communication between Client-Server always use secure connections using SSH operates on TCP sockets.
- Since it’s also billed as a collaborative solution for teams to work together where they can have remote sessions, it would have helped if there was a nifty calendar management feature where teams could schedule meetings and collective tasks.
- Auto notifications can be integrated.it will build team connection and coordination.
- More Personalization and customizations. Custom dashboard design would be a nice feature
Licensing and extensibility are missing for large organizations. Limitations of cross-domain/platform FTP transfers.No on-demand admin permissions. Active session groups are not very user-friendly. Overall it's a budget product for small to mid-range companies.
- Ease of Software
- Quick and painless when trying to connect with a customer
- Ability to remote into someone's desktop
- Depending on your browser, when trying to login it prompts you to download the file again (Firefox)
- Ability to have multiple users to one session
Less appropriate would be to login to a server when you can use RDP for that.
- Quick remote control, users can connect in seconds.
- Powerful remote support extras such as file transfer, scripting, remote reboot, saved login passwords, etc.
- Ability to stay connected for weeks if needed or forever.
- Mobile phone remote support lacks compared to LogMeIn Rescue
- Could use an improved remote control app for iOS and Android for controlling PCs & Servers.
Works very well in conjunction with ConnectWise Manage and Automate.
I am a sole proprietor and use the software daily and for my subcontractors as needed. The ability to have a client build their own session and I join it is amazing. The reliability and flexibility of the offerings are second to none in my experience. The fact that the entire solution is cloud-based with a minimal install and support packages is fantastic. I can log in to my admin sole from any device and have full access.
Unattended access and unlimited session time allow clients to simply build and let me know to address an issue. The chat function reduces unnecessary emails.
- The ability to have a client build their own session is amazing. The reliability and flexibility of the offerings are second to none in my experience. The fact that the entire solution is cloud-based with a minimal install and support packages is fantastic. I can log in to my admin console from any device and have full access.
- Support contracts are easy to attend to with regard to maintenance and break/fix. Install is very flexible
- Support for nearly all OS's
- Promos could be more available or referral benefits.
- A few issues with support understanding an issue brought forth.
- Easy deployment either by manual installation for a one-off installation or to an entire company via Group Policy.
- Extremely easy to upgrade the client software as new versions become available. It can either upgrade automatically or you can control the upgrade process with a few clicks.
- The remote command line tool is a valuable asset to ConnectWise Control; allowing us to run commands without disturbing the end user.
- Many great add-ons are available to extend the functionality of ConnectWise Control.
- Remote support functionality for providing technical assistance to a new client or to a user that does not want the software permanently installed on the computer.
- Meeting functionality to provide screen sharing during a meeting for an impressive presentation.
- The only thing that I would recommend is a better interface for changing backend options for the software. An add-on interface is provided for making backend changes to the configuration but it can be confusing at times on how it will affect the overall functionality. For companies that may not have technical support on staff to manage the product, they might forgo any enhancements that may be beneficial. For example, turning on remote printing, extending the command line timeout and increasing the thumbnail preview size.
- ConnectWise Control allows us to connect to machines that are not necessarily on our domain/network. A user can contact us on the weekend from home and we can log into the web portal and connect directly to their system and resolve their issue.
- ConnectWise Control allows us to be able to access any machine from the web portal that we have. We can use any computer on campus with internet access, or I can even use a personal computer at home that has internet access. I simply log into the web portal and download the client that allows me to connect to machines.
- We can deploy the client with group policy and also manually install the client on machines. This allows us a lot of flexability in the way that we implement installations. We can even share the installer file through our company Office365 and have a user install it on their machine that way, so it is super versatile.
- A feature that could use some improvement and actually has been improving over the past few releases is the create session group functionality. A lot has been done in the past few releases, but there are always new things that could be added to that section that would allow for increased functionality.
- Not sure if this one would even be possible, but within the run commands section. It would be nice to be able to run any commands in that section, not just commands that cannot be seen by the user or do not require popups. For example, currently I can run commands that gathers system info like ipconfig and wmic commands. It would be nice to be able to execute some other commands that erquire user input or install software from that screen.
- More training releases would be nice as well.
- Performs very well, even over slow T1 and DSL links.
- Remote client is easy to install, and is unattended and automatically enrolls by default. It's also easy for users to join a support session via URL with no installation necessary.
- Cloud-based dashboard makes it easy to see all existing clients, tell which ones are online, and control or manage machines with just a couple clicks.
- It would be nice if the dashboard could provide private IP addresses so that I could see at a glance which devices are at which locations.
- Automatic updating of client agents would be nice.
- Installation is simple and there are multiple ways to connect.
- The file transfer utility is fast and straightforward. This is very important for keeping multiple installation files and print drivers centrally located without the need to re-download on the client machines.
- The ability to group machines by location has been a huge help and the ConnectWise support is top notch.
- The messaging app seems a little cumbersome, though I do not use it often, I am generally on the phone with the client.
- The file transfer is very easy and quick. You can drag and drop.
- The remote session just becomes another screen to the technician.
- Ease of connecting the remote user on the fly. You can provide an email link or a simple code. You have your own URL that makes it easy to direct end users to for connecting on the fly.
- Love all parts of it.
- Cross platform
- Multiple access options
- Easy file transfer
- Built in vpn connector would make application support easier for devices
- File transfer source selection does not work well I have to move files all to the screen connect folder
- It would be nice to have a button to check if the client is online so you don't always have to wait for the system to refresh
ScreenConnect provides the perfect solution for people that only require a single instance of assistance and those that decide to become members and receive ongoing protection and support.
- ScreenConnect is easy to use for those end users we are attempting to provide help to regardless of their computer experience level.
- ScreenConnect works for both PC and Apple/Mac computers. The process for initial connection is the same for both system types without requiring special portals or consumer effort.
- ScreenConnect has multiple ways of allowing support people to help via remote access including through mobile devices.
- Information on how to use certain aspects of ScreenConnect are difficult to find if exist at all. An example would be the ease of which ScreenConnect supports both PC and Mac. Most require special steps when supporting one type or the other. ScreenConnect uses the same portal and does this automatically yet fails to make this information easily available to those familiar with other systems
- Lack of or difficulty of finding documentation for simple tasks such as adding a user or using tools in the admin or back end of the system are a problem.
- The transfer of files to clients can be awkward. Working on a drag drop system that is consistent would be nice.
Once the consumer attempts to start a remote session many are confused by the instant popup of the instructions. A better primary description may be helpful in resolving this issue.
- 95% success rate in connecting to clients computers even when they have no experience or are generally inept computer users. This is the ONE primary feature that just has to work when using remote support - not connecting is just frustrating for the end user that is already frustrated with something that is wrong.
- Remote agents work very well, they have been more reliable and reasonable speed compared to other solutions we have used. Firewalls have been no problem.
- The cross-section of tools is outstanding: remote command line interface, meetings, the 'toolkit', etc. are all great. Just the right mix.
- I bought a site license when it was a single fee per seat. I like this license model better. In fact, I was going to purchase a full separate $325 seat for my own personal use (supporting Mom, Sister, etc.) but it was no longer available for purchase. So I'm bummed. The lowest cost cloud-based model is $15.00 per month which does not give me many features I would like and am used to at work, such as remote-wake and command line.
- Automatic or one-click updates on the site-licensed copy; I know this is no longer in development but the manual updates have to be done by our IT department; would be nice to just click "upgrade".
- For remote installed agents, I would like to see the option to reduce or eliminate the 'is controlled by' message that pops up when connected; and the desktop background change.
- Cloning a computer with an Agent installed sometimes confuses things even if I rename the computer... I typically have to uninstall and reinstall.
ConnectWise Control Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ConnectWise Control
ConnectWise Control Screenshots
ConnectWise Control Video
ConnectWise Control Integrations
ConnectWise Control Competitors
ConnectWise Control Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|