https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/wz/3F/XBNT4V9FQ0ES.PNGConnectSmooth Not LaggedWe use ConnnectWise Control / ScreenConnect on all of our client machines for remote desktop access and management. It enables us to address user machines and servers directly without any fuss as well as see configuration and software info using some of the free plug-ins provided.,The number one reason we use CWC is due to its ability to stay connected fluidly and quickly. I can hop in/out of a desktop in a second or two, whereas other remote software tends to be slow to connect or loses mouse tracking and clicks. Its support for multiple monitors is also the best I've seen implemented. A triple monitor setup is not an issue. You can view all three in one window, or control click each individual monitor and assign a full size window to each of your monitors. The free plugins available are also a big help. The ability to run commands remotely as well as start/stop services, kill processes, uninstall software, wake machines, chat with the user and record the session is nice, especially since the web interface tends to be quite responsive. Pricing is good even if you are a single technician. You don't pay per machine unless you specifically want to.,If CWC integrated with more RMM software other than LabTech it would be great as LabTech is way too expensive and convoluted at this point so we discontinued using it in favor of a simpler and much less expensive option. Though it does support multiple monitors well, it would be nice to have the ability to have it automatically pop each remote monitor out to the local monitors if so desired. Right now it uses email for multifactor authentication, I would rather it use an electronic key that can be stored on cell phone or user desktop. The ability for it to automatically login to a Windows desktop would be a big help as well. It will store a username and password but you must manually send a control-alt-delete and then click a button to have it fill. Tying to something like Lastpass along with an autologin feature would be great.,10,Instead of waiting 30+ seconds to initiate sessions, they initiate and display a desktop in two or three seconds. The amount of frustration this avoids is immeasurable. Once installed it doesn't need more handholding, i.e., having the remote enter a username/password. It is always just there.,Splashtop Business Access, TeamViewer, LogMeIn Pro, DameWare Remote Support and GoToMyPC,NinjaRMM, Malwarebytes, Ubiquiti Networks UniFiBest business decision/purchase we ever madeConnectWise Control has changed how we support and communicate with our clients, allowing us to provide instant support and allowing us to grow our business. As an outsourced IT provider, ConnectWise Control is a core part of our business of remote support to hundreds of clients servers and desktops. The triggers, extensions and command options are both powerful and flexible and over time we have been able to request features or program our own solutions to incorporate ConnectWise Control to answer out needs. We previously used RAdmin and LogMeIn Rescue, but were frustrated by the difficultly of connections and licensing limitations. Control Unlimited was the answer and was the best decision and purchase we ever made. I still like the name ScreenConnect better as Control has been found intimidating to the end user, but from an IT Host perspective, that is what you get.... Control.,Toolbox is invaluable Connections for any device has allowed more freedom as I am not tied to my desk. The iOS client is just as easy to use as a desktop. Command and Command Toolbox allows us to runs scripts and commands without connecting to the client and has opened to door for faster support through Powershell and CMD Commands. The Host Pass is a fantastic way to allow 3rd party support or end users temporary access to a Guest PC and is used frequently. I appreciate the constant updates and improvements. There are about 5+updates a year and each one is better than the last.,I am always thinking about that... I will let you know if I think of any.,10,We have been able to increase our response times and support more clients resulting in 35% increase in support revenue The Triggers has allowed us to build a monitoring service that we offer to our clients as a service with recurring fee. It has definitely strengthened existing customer loyalty and has bought us new clients.,ConnectWise @ a GlanceI currently administrator 3 networks with ConnectWise software. In addition to these three networks, I use the software to help friends, family and colleagues with remote sessions for a variety of tasks. Some of the most common uses are; remote control of user desktops to solve technical and software issues, screen sharing and software installation and setup.,Remote Screen Sharing Remote Desktop Control Cataloging of all desktop resources in one simple location.,Autonomous software updates,9,ConnectWise is extremely quick and efficient. The remote clients are small and install quickly. The admin dashboard is powerful and well organized.,Cisco WebEx Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) and TeamViewerMy Experience with ConnectWise ControlI use ConnectWise Control in my role as IT manager to support my fleet of desktops, laptops, and mobile phones and tablets. It allows me more flexibility in terms of how many machines I can support and where I can support them from. I also have a role in our company's electronic security department (alarms, CCTV, and access control), and we use ConnectWise Control to help our techs in the field as they program or troubleshoot equipment. The software is also periodically used to remotely control the computers of our clients when they're having an issue with their alarm, CCTV, or access control software.,It's easy to use. I have users in our electronic security department that struggle with TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Dameware, and other remote access solutions, but can use ConnectWise Control without issue. It does the job of multiple softwares (ad-hoc support, managed remote access, and web meetings) for the price of one. This reduces our total spend and reduces the number of systems we have to keep up with. It's fast. Compared to LogMeIn and TeamViewer, it's much faster overall and much more usable on low quality connections.,I do wish there were a way to have unattended agents for mobile devices (phones and tablets). Some of my guys struggle setting up a session on their mobile device when they need help. I wish there was better support for Linux on the host side. I like to use Linux whenever possible, but it's frustrating that there's not a client for remoting into other computers in Linux. I wish commands didn't expire for offline agents. It's nice to push a command to a machine if it's off and not worry about the command timing out - I can know that it's done when the machine comes on.,10,It has allowed our electronic security tech support staff to help our technicians in the field and our customers much faster than they otherwise would have. Being able to see someone else's screen cuts support times down exponentially. The cost of the software, especially for a small organization like ours, is significantly more manageable than many of the other competitors in this space. It also reduces our time to have only one software to manage for meetings, In terms of IT, the software has also increased my efficiency because I'm able to work from anywhere, I'm able to work on multiple computers at the same time from one station, and I'm able to work at any time, which allows me to do maintenance after hours if the need arises.,,Spiceworks, Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active DirectoryConnectWise Control is the best remote management solution available.We have users spread out and it helps us to manage those users remotely.,Copying files to and from the managed computer is very convenient. I use this feature quite often. The chat feature is my primary means of communicating with the user. This allows me to work on more than one client at a time since I don’t need to call them. Being able to share my screen during and instructional time decreases the time I work with the users. I like that I can chat with the user through the console without a remote session. This is much more polite and allows them to minimize or close sensitive information before the remote session begins.,What gets me every time is when I mouse over the Essentials tab during a session. There are so many options there and it is placed in an where my mouse hits often. Because there are so many options, the Essentials tab fills the window. I have to move my mouse around to get it to close. This is honestly one of those solutions that works well every time, and I can’t think of anything to improve.,10,Time savings are the biggest for me. Allowing me to get get in and get out quickly is very important. I don’t have to fiddle with settings to get a connection. If I can’t get connected, it isn’t because of CW Control.,Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA),Spiceworks, SolarWinds IPAM, SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog Server, Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls
Windows, Linux, Mac
ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)

ConnectWise Control Reviews

ConnectWise Control
Top Rated Award
Filter 764 vetted ConnectWise Control reviews and ratings
Mike Vaughan profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "ConnectSmooth Not Lagged"

• The number one reason we use CWC is due to its ability to stay connected fluidly and quickly. I can hop in/out of a desktop in a second or two, whereas other remote software tends to be slow to connect or loses mouse tracking and clicks.
  • Its support for multiple monitors is also the best I've seen implemented. A triple monitor setup is not an issue. You can view all three in one window, or control click each individual monitor and assign a full size window to each of your monitors.
  • The free plugins available are also a big help. The ability to run commands remotely as well as start/stop services, kill processes, uninstall software, wake machines, chat with the user and record the session is nice, especially since the web interface tends to be quite responsive.
  • Pricing is good even if you are a single technician. You don't pay per machine unless you specifically want to.
  • If CWC integrated with more RMM software other than LabTech it would be great as LabTech is way too expensive and convoluted at this point so we discontinued using it in favor of a simpler and much less expensive option.
  • Though it does support multiple monitors well, it would be nice to have the ability to have it automatically pop each remote monitor out to the local monitors if so desired.
  • Right now it uses email for multifactor authentication, I would rather it use an electronic key that can be stored on cell phone or user desktop.
  • The ability for it to automatically login to a Windows desktop would be a big help as well. It will store a username and password but you must manually send a control-alt-delete and then click a button to have it fill. Tying to something like Lastpass along with an autologin feature would be great.
ConnectWise Control is great when you need to see the desktop to get a handle on a problem.

ConnectWise Control is not great for running remote commands or for scripting. Though it will process commands, you would not want to try and push out software to dozens/hundreds of machines using it.
Read Mike Vaughan's full review
David Lloyd profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Best business decision/purchase we ever made"

• Toolbox is invaluable
  • Connections for any device has allowed more freedom as I am not tied to my desk. The iOS client is just as easy to use as a desktop.
  • Command and Command Toolbox allows us to runs scripts and commands without connecting to the client and has opened to door for faster support through Powershell and CMD Commands.
  • The Host Pass is a fantastic way to allow 3rd party support or end users temporary access to a Guest PC and is used frequently.
  • I appreciate the constant updates and improvements. There are about 5+updates a year and each one is better than the last.
  • I am always thinking about that... I will let you know if I think of any.
I can see this being a tool for both very large and small support shops.
Read David Lloyd's full review
Paul O'Brien profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "ConnectWise @ a Glance"

• Remote Screen Sharing
  • Remote Desktop Control
  • Cataloging of all desktop resources in one simple location.
  • Autonomous software updates
A great scenario for ConnectWise is when an administrator has several networks with a large number of desktops that need to be administered. The dashboard has the ability to have each location separate and even departments broken down for quick access and organization. I use ConnectWise for my side job, and keeping this information organized saves me precious time.
Read Paul O'Brien's full review
Jay Hathi profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "My Experience with ConnectWise Control"

• It's easy to use. I have users in our electronic security department that struggle with TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Dameware, and other remote access solutions, but can use ConnectWise Control without issue.
  • It does the job of multiple softwares (ad-hoc support, managed remote access, and web meetings) for the price of one. This reduces our total spend and reduces the number of systems we have to keep up with.
  • It's fast. Compared to LogMeIn and TeamViewer, it's much faster overall and much more usable on low quality connections.
  • I do wish there were a way to have unattended agents for mobile devices (phones and tablets). Some of my guys struggle setting up a session on their mobile device when they need help.
  • I wish there was better support for Linux on the host side. I like to use Linux whenever possible, but it's frustrating that there's not a client for remoting into other computers in Linux.
  • I wish commands didn't expire for offline agents. It's nice to push a command to a machine if it's off and not worry about the command timing out - I can know that it's done when the machine comes on.
I think that ConnectWise Control is particularly well-suited for troubleshooting remote machines, whether using the ad-hoc functionality or with permanent agents. However, I don't think that it's as good in terms of the web meeting functionality - although I use it, it still leaves a lot to be desired, like a call-in functionality.
Read Jay Hathi's full review
Toby Carver profile photo
November 21, 2018

Review: "ConnectWise Control is the best remote management solution available."

We have users spread out and it helps us to manage those users remotely.
  • Copying files to and from the managed computer is very convenient. I use this feature quite often.
  • The chat feature is my primary means of communicating with the user. This allows me to work on more than one client at a time since I don’t need to call them.
  • Being able to share my screen during and instructional time decreases the time I work with the users.
  • I like that I can chat with the user through the console without a remote session. This is much more polite and allows them to minimize or close sensitive information before the remote session begins.
  • What gets me every time is when I mouse over the Essentials tab during a session. There are so many options there and it is placed in an where my mouse hits often. Because there are so many options, the Essentials tab fills the window. I have to move my mouse around to get it to close.
  • This is honestly one of those solutions that works well every time, and I can’t think of anything to improve.
If you don’t have to manage remote users, then it isn’t necessary. If you do, then this is the only solution you should use.
Read Toby Carver's full review
Greg Hicks profile photo
November 20, 2018

Review: "ConnectWise Control returns control of your IT service to YOU!"

It is being used to allow for remote support of both monthly billed clients and one-off client service requests. Virtually every PC we work on receives an installation of ScreenConnect so should the client discover an issue that was either not resolved, or something new develops we are quickly able to connect to the system and review the situation first hand.
  • Fast and stable connections
  • Ability to transfer files during the remote session to give us access to the necessary tools
  • Great dashboard that allows us to not only see which systems are online, but at a glance check how they are performing
  • I am sure there are a lot of capabilities we are not utilizing due to lack of knowledge of these tools
  • Having a more hands-on tutorial/manual would be a tremendous asset
For quickly and easily enabling remote support to a client. I can provide them a simple link on my website, once they load the webpage I then provide them with a "key" for the session and within moments I am viewing their screen and working to resolve their issue. Allowing clients the ability to connect between their computers doesn't appear to be a function that is readily available but could possibly be an avenue to generate other revenue.
Read Greg Hicks's full review
Jim Miller profile photo
November 09, 2018

User Review: "ConnectWise Control is Awesome"

ConnectWise Control allows me to manage a large number of computers in my organization from a central office. I have unattended access installed on around 50 machines and create several ad-hoc sessions per day. We have 10 offices in my company and 90% of the little problems that pop up on a daily basis I am able to address remotely without the need to drive to my other locations. This is a huge time and resource saver for me.
  • Installation is simple and there are multiple ways to connect.
  • The file transfer utility is fast and straightforward. This is very important for keeping multiple installation files and print drivers centrally located without the need to re-download on the client machines.
  • The ability to group machines by location has been a huge help and the ConnectWise support is top notch.
  • The messaging app seems a little cumbersome, though I do not use it often, I am generally on the phone with the client.
ConnectWise Control works well as an unattended product on the client side and makes me as an IT Specialist much more efficient. It is better and much more cost effective than many other Remote Access programs I have used in the past. The client-side installation has a very small footprint as opposed to some other access. Also, the ability to access MAC OS makes it better than products such as "FixMe.IT"
Read Jim Miller's full review
Anthony Carter profile photo
November 06, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Powerful and very useful!"

It's used daily in both my personal work/projects and professional as well. I also use it for my clients via both my server and some of their own installations. It helps give collaboration screen to screen as well as support. Very dynamic use allowing speedy and clean file transfers and many other features, such as messaging.
  • Ease from install and configuration to use and upgrades. Need I say more?
  • If you have issues, their website, former and current, has always been very helpful and accurate!
  • Ability to customize your instances from themes to features is amazing. Being able to easily differentiate installs by logos is another great perk.
  • Slow remote connection while graphical intensive video is playing.
  • File transfer without logging in remotely.
  • Although the price is competitive and very comparable, I feel the price point could be lowered for small users and small enterprises.
Management of computers and server systems regardless of their locations. Ability to also keep those entities separated by groups allowing for a single instance to manage multiple enterprises. Not sure if I can think of a situation where ConnectWise Control wouldn’t be useful. If the position of your company involves remote management, ConnectWise Control is the solution.
Read Anthony Carter's full review
Michael Meisels profile photo
November 06, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Great value for an IT provider"

Computer Rescue Incorporated is a MSP using ConnectWise Control primarily for remote access and secondarily for monitoring. It replaced another product of ten years which became exorbitant.
  • Great value for an IT provider. The $35/month plan is a perfect fit.
  • Excellent for remote control and file transfer.
  • Very reliable.
  • Globally set the Run Command Kill Time (timeout) to 3780000. I have a command that runs a timer for 63 minutes & wish to execute it remotely. It can be done it via More...>Run Command and 2 consecutive commands. But I wish to set the timeout globally.
  • I reported this issue and it was thrown back at me to fend for myself on the forum. Below is an example of non-service disguised as friendly service ("I'm at your service.").
  • Ticket #10438829
  • Wed 6/13/2018/5:01 PM UTC-04/ Dylan Felt (time)-
  • Hello Michael.
  • Thank you for reaching out to ConnectWise Support. I will have the pleasure of helping you with this ticket.
  • Unfortunately there is no global timeout that you can set for Commands. However this is a great idea for an enhancement request that you can send to our enhancement forums to get it possibly looked at for a future release of Automate: connectwise.com/enhancements
  • Dylan Felt
  • Partner Support Consultant
  • Wed 6/20/2018/3:54 PM UTC-04/ Ed Ramos (time)-
  • Hi Michael and thank you for contacting ConnectWise Automate Support -
  • I just wanted to let you know that i was going over your inquiry regarding modifying the Global Timeout for commands.
  • Just as Mr. Felt already explained, Automate doesn't provide a way to change that but you can submit an enhancement request for that:
  • I hope this helps. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know. I'm at your service.
  • Have a great day and thank you for contacting ConnectWise Automate Support,
  • Ed Ramos
  • ConnectWise Automate Team
Excellent for remote control and file transfer.
Not well suited for running delayed commands. The command kill time is 10,000 milliseconds, causing commands to time out.
Read Michael Meisels's full review
Scott Barrett profile photo
October 29, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Love and Hate Relationships Dealing with Remote Software"

We use ConnectWise Control to connect with our clients for remote work and to assist them with their IT needs. It allows us to connect when a client is a "possible" prospect or if our other RMM agent has failed.
  • The re-connection process is very good if I have to restart their machine.
  • The transferring of data is reliable and quick.
  • The option to leave a session open instead of completely closing it out is wonderful if you need to reconnect with a client later that day.
  • The connection process with clients is always a huge hurdle. There is a lot of expectation on the part of the client to understand "how to" connect. I can sometimes spend 20 minutes or longer just walking a person through the connecting process. There has to be a more slim line way of getting people connected. TeamViewer has a brilliant connection process with a nine digit ID number and a specific password for connection. That would be so beneficial to have a system that simple with ConnectWise Control.
  • Sometimes I have to email a customer the ScreenConnect session link but when the link is sent via email it is not a clickable link. It the address is displayed as a picture only.
  • I don't like the fact that I have to click a "join" button to get connected if I create the session. That should be automatic once the customer does what they need to do to get connected
It is well suited for a direct connection. It is not so good with the connecting process. If the customer is not very good with computers it can make a bad situation worse due to the frustration of trying to get a connection going.
Read Scott Barrett's full review
Phillip Johnson profile photo
October 29, 2018

User Review: "Wising up with ConnectWise Control"

We currently use ConnectWise Control within our own department. It is used to help our remote users with various computer issues and maintenance. It's outstanding in the various ways it is able to connect to our end users and the ease of use they have when connecting with us during sessions.
  • The ability to see every screen at once for a connected user without hassle.
  • Multiple ways to interact with an end user's computer (uploading files, storing credentials, voice chat, etc.).
  • Lightweight. It does not strain either computer when in use and allows for better service.
  • Sometimes it requires an administrator login to install client side, which we restrict in our business.
  • Java-based remote sessions sometimes do not work/load.
ConnectWise Control is best suited for troubleshooting any remote issues with a user or client. Everything from changing a preference setting to installing proprietary software, ConnectWise Control is one of the best remote desktop software that I have used in the last 5 years (which includes TeamViewer and LogMeIn). My team and I are glad that we switched to it.
Read Phillip Johnson's full review
Robert Sampson, AIA profile photo
October 29, 2018

Review: "ConnectWise Control for remote computer support"

We use Connectwise Control to assist users who are offsite and need assistance with their computer and/or software. It is especially helpful when the user is having trouble connecting to the company VPN and thus there is not another easy way for IT to access their computer.
  • Very easy to connect to an end users computer because it is easy for the end user to establish a connection. End user just goes to a website and types in a code
  • I have found that the graphics display is always reliable with ConnectWise Control whereas I had problems viewing certain screens and resolutions with other products.
  • I like that ConnectWise Control maintains/re-establishes the connection after a reboot of the computer without requiring the end user to create a new connection
  • Very easy to transfer files to the remote computer (with an FTP type interface)
  • Graphic interface is pretty good, but there is always room for improvement
  • Would be nice to have an easy way to zoom to a portion of the remote computer's screen for a more detailed view
ConnectWise Control is best for remote support, especially when the user is not connected to the network by VPN. It is less well suited when the user can be supported in person at their computer (although we have used it in this way from time to time)
Read Robert Sampson, AIA's full review
Michael Dodd profile photo
October 19, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "ScreenConnect has made a positive difference, we love it."

We use ScreenConnect in the support department, for two purposes - troubleshooting and training. It allows us to speed up the process of troubleshooting when clients call in to the support line with problems or questions that can't easily be answered without seeing what they're actually doing. From a training perspective, it's a useful tool when delivering remote training, as it allows our staff to clearly and easily demonstrate elements of the system without having to spend too long in dry descriptions.
  • It's quick and simple to get started with a session - there's very little wasted time between acknowledging the requirement for a screen sharing session and getting up and running.
  • From an agent perspective it's incredibly useful to have visibility on which other agents are running sessions, how long sessions have been running and whether users are connected at the other end. Being able to see this level of detail at a glance helps when trying to juggle multiple agents needing access at the same time (and is something our previous supplier didn't offer).
  • We like the ability to brand the tool, so that it's in keeping with our design values. Clients who call in and require screen sharing sessions are often not very technologically savvy and/or anxious for their questions to be answered, so anything that helps them feel comfortable is a bonus.
  • As with every screen sharing tool which allows agents to take control of clients' computers, there can be problems with clients being able to download the necessary app. A number of our clients belong to local authorities and have to conform to council IT policies, which can be restrictive with things like firewall settings...in which case we're not always able to use ScreenConnect.
  • I've not always found the help centre documentation to be the clearest - some of the customisation tools are quite difficult to understand at first, and it would be helpful for the documentation to be a little clearer. Ideally it would be good to have some simple examples for regular use cases, in case it's not necessary to drill down into the more complex functionality.
From a support perspective, sharing a user's screen is particularly helpful when speaking to someone who isn't entirely familiar with the software they're using as users can demonstrate what they're doing/where they're getting stuck, while agents are able to clearly demonstrate a solution or an explanation. We find ScreenConnect to be useful under these circumstances, extending to being even more helpful with more complex cases as it allows agents to do things like taking screenshots of the user's computer and transferring them without the need for emails etc, or transferring files from one computer to another. We haven't really come across any situations where it's not appropriate to use ScreenConnect.
Read Michael Dodd's full review
Neil Pyrah profile photo
December 08, 2018

Review: "Want to save time, money and improve customer happiness? Then get Connectwise Control"

We use ConnectWise Control throughout my company to provide support to our customers. This allows us to rapidly provide remote support to our IT services customers at any time whether we are in our offices or out and about with portable devices such as laptops or Ipads.

We are able to provide support even when customer is not present which is great for out of hours support.

ConnectWise Control allows us to provide excellent support while keeping costs down and response times up. All without any infrastructure investment.
  • Allows any time anywhere support to our customers. We can either perform work for the customer or guide them through their issues.
  • Allows remote operation and transfer of files between us and customer
  • Enables screen recording for internal training and quality assurance
  • Provides auditing of access sessions.
  • As a former Logmein user we miss the ability to zoom the screen view up or down smoothly.
  • Screen zoom requires using the horizontal and vertical scroll bars rather than following the cursor. This greatly interferes with day-to-day operations.
Where customers need guidance we can guide / training on our products we can do this in either an active or passive mode . The pointer can indicate to them where they need to focus without dominating the session. They learn better if they do things and we watch / prompt.

Sometimes support of customer requires restarting their machines. ConnectWise can remotely reboot customer machines when customer is not present.
Read Neil Pyrah's full review
Kat Wasabi profile photo
December 08, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Affordable, Stable and Easy for Customers to Connect!"

Screen connect has been a valuable customer support tool for our business. We are able to provide remote support for email setup and troubleshooting as well as assisting customers with minor training. We can actually see what customers are doing and help them facilitate the tasks they wish to perform. We have also set up ConnectWise Control for our customers so that they are able to connect with their customers. Its a win-win for everyone!
  • Custom URL to connect and branding. This legitimizes the software and makes clients more trusting of the software.
  • Each session is limited to one time access which gives customers peace of mind.
  • Easy to download and install for customers!
  • When installing on the client's end, a few of the required dialogue boxes appear hidden. Customers who are less tech savvy have a hard time finding these boxes to finish connecting and start the session.
  • You should be able to customize the login which would make it easier to log in without having to look up the username every time.
  • Allow custom logos and contact information for each Administrator to streamline branding.
Screen connect is a great tool to provide customer support as well as the support of other staff members. You could even use screen connect to assist older, less tech savvy family members with their computer issues.

It would be inappropriate to use it on an IOS device because you cannot access those devices (phone, tablet, etc) with this software (I wish!).
Read Kat Wasabi's full review
David A. Smucker profile photo
December 05, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Powerful versital software"

I use ConnectWise Control for client support and group meetings.
  • Fast connectivity to clients.
  • Nice set of tools with remote printing and drag and drop file transfer.
  • Broad support for multi-platform, Windows, Android, Mac.
  • Powerful and highly customizable and configurable.
  • Decent tech support usually available.
  • Screen resolution could be better at times.
  • No group meeting phone number available which requires use of 3rd party system.
  • There is no dashboard showing screen activity on active connections.
  • There is no console that is not browser based.
  • There is a high learning curve to setup, maintenance and upgrading. Although it is a robust product.
  • Remote logins are too many steps.
  • Multi-monitor support could be improved.
  • Tighter integration / search capabilities with Outlook Addressbooks when generating emails.
I use it for remote support of hundreds of PCs and servers, as well as meetings. It is nice to not have to use two different products for remote support and group meetings. Although there are no phone capabilities, at least screen sharing is available.
Read David A. Smucker's full review
Binyomin Zev Wachsler profile photo
December 01, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "A welcoming remote software."

I manage a bookkeeping group of bookkeepers, accountants and, tax lawyers. We use ConnectWise to remotely connect to our clients' software to review the financials or historical data.

ConnectWise is a cost-efficient and very easy to use software. Once installed on the client's computer, connection is a breeze. The dashboard with all connections are clear, as well as the easy to identify connection availability.

My experience with customer service chat, is that the responders are IT professionals themselves and can pinpoint the issue I've had, getting started.

Customer service from 1 to 5, compared to other software I've used, ConnectWise would be 5 because of the feel that you are dealing with people in North America, with a strong understanding and communication.
  • Customer Service & IT help.
  • Easy connection to remote clients.
  • Lots of add-ons available.
  • The feel that you are being supported by a company that is continuously upgrading the software to make it better.
  • I had one support rep that wasted my time. Each response took about 2 minutes and were not helpful.
  • Better presentation for settings and add-ons.
ConnectWise control is best suited for IT professionals as they understand the technical jargon of the settings and add-ons. It may be less appropriate for non-IT professionals. However, I still prefer it over other leading software for the reasons mentioned earlier.
Read Binyomin Zev Wachsler's full review
Scott Azarnoff profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Switched from multiple products to ConnectWise Control to increase productivity."

At the moment we use it for remote support when a customer needs immediate help, and as local helpdesk support for our in-house administrators. Currently we only have one seat, as I'm the only one who needs access to all systems. Hopefully soon we'll have a second remote technician and will get a second seat.
  • Relatively easy to connect new clients
  • Very easy to connect again to clients once Access has been installed
  • Cross platform support appears seamless so far.
  • Initial installation of Support could be made easier - some customers have trouble running it, especially on Mac OS X due to it not being from a "trusted developer" (darned Gatekeeper)
  • Perhaps this already exists, but it would be nice to have a way to have a customer or employee have access just to their one computer - perhaps an add-on, though I don't want to have to purchase an entire technician seat per user who I'd like to give direct access to.
It's well-suited for help desk IT situations (one technician managing or helping with many workstations), and for company support where quick connectivity to remote systems is desired.At the moment, I don't see it as appropriate or cost effective where many users each need access just to each of their single systems.
Read Scott Azarnoff's full review
Mike Hoover profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Quick Points"

We use it in our support department to help our users with various computer issues.
  • Deployment of files and/or tools
  • Smooth reboot and reconnect; also recovery of dropped sessions
  • ease of use from the end-user perspective; they don't have to be very technical
  • Easier deployment of unattended access
  • Ability to share control with multiple users
  • Add audio to meetings
Providing technical support to end-users is the best application of ConnectWise. Using ConnectWise as a meeting tool is perhaps not as well suited, but could be if audio was added.
Read Mike Hoover's full review
James Brice profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Amazing product for a Support Tech"

I have been using ConnectWise Control to support my end users for the past year and I love it. I had been using LogMeIn for several years prior and it became way too expensive. I did my research and moved to ConnectWise and I've never looked back. I couldn't live without the unattended access to manage my servers and also the ability to share screens both ways. It's incredibly simple to use and set up.

I'm a one man operation and I use this product multiple times a day to support my users. It's fantastic.
  • Unattended access - simple and works.
  • Ease of use - I just give my end users a code and I'm on.
  • At the moment, I don't have any Cons to report
It's well suited for accessing users' computers when you are in a different location. Works well for demonstrations and tutorials.
Read James Brice's full review
Trent Nilsson profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Saves time and money, Always works."

Across the whole company, it allows all my technicians to be able to remotely help all my customers, and remotely log in for a quick support session.
  • It has great response times and is a great tool when trying to monitor up time and access to devices.
  • It has a cmd applet to be able to issue command remotely, also has a live connection diagram to know if the device is online.
  • It has the ability to keep a window live while rebooting which comes in very handy. When you open a connection then either you or the user reboots, your screen will stay open and just show disconnected, then automatically refresh your screen once the computer is online.
  • I don't really have any issues with Control.
  • I wish it would integrate with Autotask AEM/PSA.
It can dramatically make access to users in need very easy and helpful.
Read Trent Nilsson's full review
Chris Shafer profile photo
November 20, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "Connectwise is a workhorse"

ConnectWise Control has made it possible for me to work on other things and still be able to provide support to the Users around our plant. It has drastically cut down on the time users need to wait for support. It is a great product for any I.T. person and makes support tickets much easier to process. Currently we are also using ConnectWise to take care of other locations and provide support to salesman that are on the road and it makes it really easy to solve a multitude of problems without the hassle of trying to talk someone through how to correct a problem on the phone.
  • Allows for support on the go.
  • Makes it easy to support an end user or customer.
  • Cuts down on the time it takes to process a claim ticket by allowing instant control over the computer in question.
  • The interface could use a little work so that you don't have to search for quick commands to send the computer you are connected to.
ConnectWise is suited for most applications related to support. I cannot think of an area where it is not appropriate for support. It works well on a variety of tasks and is easy to use for the most part. It does work well in every instance that I use it.
Read Chris Shafer's full review
Rick Strangman profile photo
November 16, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "ConnectWise Transforms Small Business Remote Access Support"

ConnectWise is being solely used for the remote support of our customers and servers. It allows us an easier client experience compared to other programs. It solves the problem of having a quick response to client issues. It also allows us access to our remote customer servers in real time. We use the product across our team of support engineers.
  • Customers just click on the link on our website to activate the download process.
  • The detailed instructions vary depending on what browser the client is running. This is indeed a big strength compared to the competition.
  • The grouped customer/server view is in real time without any human intervention. It allows us to immediately respond to server issues without having to start up a connect client.
  • On slow links ConnectWise can be slower than the competition.
  • ConnectWise is not always compatible with some PCs and their software configuration.
It is well suited to support organisations wanting access to client PCs to diagnose issues. It is particularly end-user friendly with its download instructions. It is also well suited to the access to customer servers through the access panel. It is not well suited on high-latency links even with the resolution turned down to the minimum.
Read Rick Strangman's full review
Christopher Larabell profile photo
November 16, 2018

Review: "ConnectWise Control is like Sitting Beside Your Customer"

It is currently used to provide immediate support to organizations to which we provide managed IT services. It is used by our support team and it allows us to directly monitor the computers we manage and provide immediate support to end users.
  • When a user requests support, we can immediately contact them and see, in real time, what they are trying to accomplish.
  • ConnectWise Control allows us to interact with the computer as if we were sitting in front of it. Any requests for elevated permissions can be accepted by a support tech. Credentials can be stored and entered automatically.
  • ConnectWise Control can be installed on machines for remote access to servers for after-hours maintenance, enabling our customers to continue work the next day without any downtime.
  • Work with WatchGuard to allow control over their devices.
  • Better storage of credentials for iPad and iPhone.
It is ideal for working with Windows software, but it is impossible if you need the ability to reconfigure a network that causes the connection to be lost.
Read Christopher Larabell's full review
Markus Bertignoll profile photo
November 06, 2018

"ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect) Review"

We use ConnectWise Control on our day to day customer and user support. It helps us support our users around the world.
  • It's easy to connect for users without the software already installed
  • Clear and easy licensing
  • Helpful addons
  • Remote control of mobile devices
  • Multitenant on mobile devices
  • Remote execution of cli commands
ConnectWise Control very well suited in almost any IT support and consulting context. It features all you need to support your users on workstations and laptops, although it lacks a bit of support for your mobile users. Also for casual support on devices without the host software installed the connection is easy for your customers.
Read Markus Bertignoll's full review

Screen sharing (472)
9.2
File transfer (441)
Instant message (394)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (60)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (236)
Over-the-Internet remote session (472)
Initiate remote control from mobile (298)
Remote management of servers & workstations (406)
Remote Active Directory® management (131)
Centralized management dashboard (374)
Session record (244)
Annotations (202)
Monitoring and Alerts (141)
Multi-platform remote control (307)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Video

ConnectWise Control Demo

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors