ConnectWise Control is a remote support, access, and meeting solution. With ConnectWise Control, users can utilize remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/wz/3F/XBNT4V9FQ0ES.PNGAn MSP's viewpoint on ConnectWise Control: "A foundational pillar of our business model"I operate a Managed Services Provider that focuses on serving small businesses. I've used several remote control / screen sharing solutions in the past, but out of all of them, above and beyond I would continue to recommend ConnectWise Control. We signed on when starting our company after trialing a couple different vendor's solutions. With remote control software, there is one thing above all else that it should accomplish: quickly connecting you to the desired workstation, without any worry of technical delays or difficulty. For this we've found Control works flawlessly. When our clients call with an issue, they don't have to sit around or worry about downloading another tool to install. We simply search their computer in the dashboard, and connect without problems, every single time. The peripheral features are extremely helpful as well. The integrated chat is very important for working with users who can't take a call, but are needing assistance. The bi-directional clipboard and file sharing is near seamless. And the dashboard provides plenty of information without having to dive into our RMM.,The remote session is often very low latency, and there have never been noticeable issues in the connection quality for our staff. Installation is a breeze for remote clients. And for those that need a little help, being able to convert on-demand sessions into permanent ones is a major plus The file sharing just plain works. I've used several competitors that haven't quite lived up to this so having a seamless solution is quite nice Multi-monitor support is perfect!,I'd like to see the ability to selectively log off the remote machine via a button on the toolbar. Currently it's a setting to always lock on disconnect, or never lock on disconnect, requiring the tech to manually lock the machine if called for at the end of a session. Its a small time save that would add up! The chat feature could be expanded to be a lot more useful. Allowing clients to start conversations, and have conversations ping an email address if no one is monitoring the dashboard would be extremely valuable. Some clarity on licensing when providing host-passes to guest technicians would be a boon, especially for one-off support sessions with vendors.,10,Quite simply our business could not function without a form of remote control software. Control has done an amazing job at filling a core foundation pillar of our business model as an MSP, having some clients in very remote destinations, we can still service them through the use of Control. We pay per technician for an unlimited number of endpoints, and this pricing model has served us very admirably. As a smaller startup MSP, the cost of paying per endpoint would only serve to hurt our growth. Being able to pay a flat rate based on staffing is very desirable. The whole experience using Control is polished and speedy. I couldn't imaging going back to a slower solution, the value Control brings is palpable in our business model.,TeamViewer, LogMeIn Central and Solarwinds Take Control (formerly SolarWinds MSP Anywhere),CloudBerry Backup, SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management, KeePass, osTicket, eversign, QuickBooks Online, Google Cloud StorageConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!I am very happy with the ConnectWise Control product and have used it for many years. I operate a local computer service company, and ConnectWise Control provides me the ability to be there without actually being there. I have a self-hosted installation and love it! I currently have a multitude of sites that are always on and give me a persistent connection. This is great for the headless servers or the digital signage installations It allows me to quickly capture a screenshot of what is actually going on without taking over control. I also like that I can access my sites from my mobile device or my tablet quickly and easily. I do not encounter much lag at all. I like how quickly I can create a support session as well! Very happy all the way around and will continue using for years to come!,Self-hosted - this is great for me and makes it easy to control my data, which is important for my clients. Mobile Access - being able to quickly diagnose and resolve an issue while on the road is great. Persistent - "always on" connections with screen capture. Great User Interface and chat works exceptionally well.,Would like the ability to 'take control' in a mode that is transparent to the end user or to the audience - for example, when working on digital signage systems, it would be great to access and update without affecting the program that is playing on the main screen. More CMD based functionality, or perhaps a dedicated remote CMD terminal functionality that would let me fully access the system and execute programs without being truncated to 5000 characters. The mobile app on iPhone crashes once in a while, but on iPad, it works fine - perhaps it is the age of the phone, but it is hard to tell.,10,From a business owner point of view, this has helped me substantially as I can now "be" multiple places at once. This allows me to remotely support my own clients quickly and efficiently, without having to make a several hour drive to get on site. Some of my clients I have only worked with remotely! This has helped me build my business and grow my client base without having to try to be everywhere at the same time. From an enterprise user point of view, the ability to set granular access control levels has been greatly beneficial. Also, like the ability to manage connections from a central pane of glass. Saves time when accessing or granting access to a particular system.,Citrix Endpoint Management (formerly XenMobile), LogMeIn Pro and VNC Connect,ownCloud, Microsoft Office 365, Webroot SecureAnywhere, CloudBerry BackupSupport Dealership on ConnectWise ControlWe use ConnectWise Control to support our clients who use our software across the US and Canada. Any time a simple screenshot isn't enough we need a live session. One thing we really love is that a tier 1 support agent can work directly with the customer, and when they get a session started, we can get in and look at it from an IT perspective without the customer feeling like they are being passed around.,Sharing sessions with other techs. Cross-platform support. Connection logging. Hostpass is awesome.,Java, but there are only so many ways to provide cross-platform without driving up the cost. No recorded session for hosted version.,10,More efficient escalation.,TeamViewer,Ubuntu Linux, Freshdesk, JumpCloudConnectWise for remote accessI have used Connectwise as a remote access point from a home office. I am the sole user.,It is easy to access my office computer remotely. Connection is quick. Graphics are easy to read.,While the graphics are easy to read, both screens appear on my remote notebook. Having two screens rather than one makes it difficult to read (small print). It would be nice to be able to switch from one screen to another with a full-screen readout on the remote notebook.,6,Positive in that I can access my main computer from a remote location..including out of the country. Negative in that the display is of two monitors and it isn't as easy managing them as opposed to switching from one to another.,ConnectWise Control makes me look like a StarWe use ConnectWise to connect with our customers. We use it primarily to quickly help customers when an issue arise in their software program. We also use it after a customer purchases our product for training.,Quickly connect to a customer's computer Take screenshots and record a video of our session Allows us to take control of the customer's computer when needed,It is difficult for Apple users to connect,10,Overall ConnectWise has increased the efficiency of our training. ConncetWise has increased our customer service rating by helping us quickly solve customer issues. ConnectWise has helped us minimize the time we spend on customer service. ConnectWise has helped minimize the calls we get from customers by allowing us to provide better training.,LogMeIn Central, Mikogo, TeamViewer and GoToMeeting,TeamViewer, Mikogo, GoToMeetingConnectWise Control ReviewI use ConnectWise Control to connect to my client servers and PCs to assist with remote system and network management. ConnectWise Control allows me to connect remotely to these systems, with good performance at a reasonable price. Previous applications that I used (e.g. LogMeIn) continued to increase greatly in price to the point where they were uneconomical.,Quick connection to remote PCs and Servers Easy to Use interface Ability to set up users with access to specific PCs,Set up of users to restrict them to specific PCs could be a little easier,9,ConnectWise Control has saved me over $1000 annually vs. LogMeIn. Fast connection time saves time and money for both myself and my clients. I can allow certain clients to have remote access to specific PCs and recoup some of the cost of the product.,LogMeIn Central and RescueAssist,RescueAssist, Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Office 365ConnectWise Control for IT SupportSeltek uses ConnectWise Control to access our clients' computers. It has been an invaluable tool for allowing Seltek to provide remote support to our clients. Not only does ConnectWise Control allow us to provide remote support, but is also allows us to gather information from the installed computers like hardware information and installed software. It also allows multiple technicians to connect to the same computer to collaborate on client problems.,Allow remote control for clients computers Report creation Capture of hardware and software,Support for Apple computers Two Factor Authentication,8,Increased efficiency for technicians Reduce software costs,LogMeIn Central,ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Manage, Microsoft Office 365OneGeek's ConnectwiseConnectWise Control is being used by OneGeek, LLC to monitor our servers and customer environments. We use the product to provide remote support and do file transfers to servers and workstations. I like the fact that I can install software remotely and look at the event viewer and monitor other services that are running. Very good remote tool.,Best remote control software with plenty of options. Add-ons are very helpful. File transfer is robust.,I would like to see better support for the IOS platform. I would like to have more RMM features.,9,I am easily able to connect to new customers over the internet. FTP is very good. Sending CTRL + ALT + DEL to servers is easy.,LogMeIn Pro,Pulseway, LogMeIn Pro, Apache OpenOfficeConnectWise control keeps your business in control of your time and investmentI own my own computer repair business. I find it useful in implementing remote support for the convenience of the customer. Many customers find it more convenient to say "Can you just log in and fix my problem?" This way, they don't have to set up for me to make the trip on site.,Ease of use. Just email the customer the customized link to set up the login session. No fumbling with the user having to type the link in the address bar. Great outlook integration to email link. Simple installation of the client software. Easy file transfer. Stores tools I commonly use to transfer immediately onto the user's computer.,When the client downloads to the user's computer, many times there's a "can harm this computer" warning, which can deter the user. The "pre" join chat plugin could be more user-friendly for the user. This would make it easier to communicate with the user, even if you are already on the phone with the customer. Could benefit from video chat during the login session.,10,Reduces cost on travel. Reduces time for travel. A selling point for some customers.Connect Wisely with ConnectWise ControlWe support over a hundred PCs and Macs with a two-man help desk using ConnectWise Control. There are solutions with many more features, but ConnectWise Control has the features we need without encumbering our staff with dozens of features we'd never need or use. The program is lightweight, and there are agents for Windows and Mac as well as a control program for Windows and Mac.,Has great ease of connection. Provides CLI access with routines. You can leave notes for other support staff. Organization by the client.,There are times when the Mac Agent doesn't allow the use of the keyboard and mouse. Once the user allows ConnectWise Control to control the computer, this is not an issue. You have to connect to use routines. There's no easy ability to run a reverse tunnel ssh to Mac and Linux agents.,7,A few MSP RMMS raise their prices annually, a few are laden with decades-old technology, a few are just too expensive. ConnectWise Control offers an inexpensive solution with just the right features to allow smaller MSPs to be profitable right away, with one client or a dozen. The ability to raise or lower the number of concurrent sessions to account for the number of technicians means a more agile growth pattern. It makes the increases in cost more granular and less stepped. The simplicity of the interface means for a very quick on-ramping of new technicians.,LogMeIn Pro and TeamViewer,JIRA Software, Gitlab, Zabbix, Terraform, AnsibleAmazing and lightweightConnectWise Control is used to solve both problems with computers, for example, software issues. Other uses include technical help for people around the office and aiding others to understand and support ability with software use. I can offer support to users very quickly and effectively from within the company and outside of the company. ConnectWise offers incredible flexibility within our organization, and is considered to be one of the best support tools we have available.,Lightweight. The software installation takes up very little space and has very little hardware impact. It's easy to use, very easy to access users' computers, and the features are absolutely amazing. It's stable. We've never had an issue since we started using ConnectWise Control within our organization.,I would like the ability, when transferring files, to utilize a local network instead of using the internet. This can have an impact on time. I would like to be able to use dual monitor support for when I access users with multiple screens. I would like alerts on software crashes/unexpected crashes to problem-solve more effectively.,10,The ease of use aspect saves a lot of time. The fast connectivity is incredible, and makes the software a pleasure to use.,TeamViewer,Autodesk InventorWe still call it ScreenConnect.We first got this from the original developer's outfit, Elsinor Technologies, before Connectwise purchased ScreenConnect. In fact, we still call it "ScreenConnect" internally. It's being used on 4 admin/support seats with a supported client base of about 190 internal users/systems nationwide. We run our own server instance internally, with external DNS entries to run it from anywhere using port address translation. It provides us with remote control capability to workstations, and a limited but often useful software and hardware resource inventory.,Remote desktop support. Issuing command line entries to the remote workstation. Looking at running processes on the remote workstation. Looking at running services on the remote workstation. Pushing files to the remote workstation through the console to perform administrative level installations. Provides the ability to restart and reconnect to the remote workstation administratively without user intervention. Allows a remote change of the user logged into the remote workstation without session interruption.,Reverse display control outside of "meetings" (allowing the remote workstation to see the technician's desktop during a session) would be nice. A little better and easier branding of the landing interface. Easier push distribution of new/updated client builds.,10,It's reduced the need for employed technicians at each manufacturing facility nationwide. Has reduced the complexity in distributing and updating applications remotely, where bandwidth is not prohibitive. Allowed for quick software inventories on remote systems during support sessions, ensuring licensing compliance.,,Microsoft Dynamics GP, QlikView, Citrix Gateway (formerly NetScaler Unified Gateway), Vantage PointConnectWise Control: great value and functionality for the smaller IT providerWe use ConnectWise Control primarily for remote access and monitoring of our client's networks. It allows us to easily support over 150 seats and growing. We use it on a daily basis and frankly couldn't live without it.,Very easy to deploy and update. Cloud-based means easy access and management from around the world. Large range of extensions allows you to customize your functionality.,Speed issues in certain circumstances. Mobile client needs to support email address login.,9,Easily access multiple machines simultaneously. Ability to quickly check system status and even run commands without opening a session. Very reasonable price point.,LogMeIn CentralA simple way to a complicated jobI am the IT admin of the company. We have 6 office locations and this helps me connect to users that have problems or computers that I need to update.,Easy to setup Easy to use Lots of features Can connect from anywhere, not computer or installation dependent.,None It does everything I want.,10,Helped us keep IT resolutions internal No need to hire a 3rd party, cost saving. More control of our computer fleet. Better staff satisfaction for getting help on their computer.,SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere, Dameware Remote Support and GoToMyPC,Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, AutoCAD, WaspTime, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Project, Sage 300 ERP, Sage 50 Accounting,1,1,Remote server management from home Remote computer setup Remote computer issue assistance,unexpected?,Additional ways? How many ways are there? Can it cook an egg or ship oversea?,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I rarely ever regret anything, I commit.ConnectWise Control reviewWe use ConnectWise Control primarily to support our remote staff. We have a small IT staff & this is invaluable to be able to log on to those remote machines & troubleshoot issues and even train users how to do things. Having an agent preinstalled allows us to do this without having to send out email invites each time; each machine is pre-setup in the system.,Ease of use Lots of features Granular control,Some administrative features are not intuitive Default color scheme hid controls for me Provide more examples in documentation of features,9,Speeds up the support of remote workers Allows IT staff to be more efficient Helps keep things organized & easily managed,,Spiceworks, Audacity, Microsoft Office 365Best remote access tool everWe use it to remote into systems and support our clients. It is by far the best remote access tool I’ve ever used. It’s quick to install, quick to connect, and quick to remove as well. It also tends to work better across slower connections which is valuable as out in Hawaii, we don’t have the fastest speeds.,Fast - install, removal, connection Light - doesn’t kill system resources, small install package Simple setup,Command prompt emulator is trash. It executes commands but if that command returns a prompt, it cannot handle that. So you have to include responses to the prompts in the initial command. UI on the website could use work. Things like groups not automatically reordering by alphabetical order, separation of servers and workstations, etc. Wish the agents could be renamed easier...in add/remove the default creates a install of agent2848399374773...so if another company and I both use screenconnect, it makes it hard to determine whose software is what.,10,Increased technician efficiency due to fast connection times. Control is instantaneous connection...logmein takes 15-30 seconds per connection,LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, LogMeIn Rescue, TeamViewer and SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management,ConnectWise Manage, Continuum RMM, DattoConnectWise for a School DistrictWe use ConnectWise Control for remote support to 250 Windows desktops in our district. It allows us to support users from our desk without having to walk/drive to each individual workstation. We can also remote into desktops to perform maintenance and updates after hours.,Easy to install and works well. Cloud-based platform is very stable, has never been down for us. Has advanced scripts that it can run.,Since it is cloud-based, there is sometimes a delay when connecting. Once connected, it resolves itself.,9,We used to have ScreenConnect locally installed on a server. We moved to the cloud-hosted version of ConnectWise, and it was very easy to transition. The tech department is able to provide quick and reliable to support to users as long as they have an internet connection, regardless of where they are.,LogMeIn Pro and Google HangoutsConnectWise Control ReviewWe use ConnectWise Control to support users on and off the company network, at trade events and at home for troubleshooting issues, for general set up, and for adding software and devices to machines. We use it for any other action that requires us to interact with a user account and not RDP in over them, such as setting up drives and changing printer settings.,Access is through a small app that can be pre-installed on company machines, so the user does not need to interact at all other than to request support in the first place. The ability to connect without requiring user input is huge. Connecting to a machine for the first time when you do not have access installed is a simple process and the easiest one I've found so far for users to do. I can see UAC prompts. Organizing connected machines is very easy.,Removing decommissioned machines could be more intuitive. Settings per organizational unit would be good too. If they are there I still need to find them. The ability to choose different color schemes.,8,This has saved us hours of troubleshooting at trade shows and other events. The frustration level of walking people through things over the phone cannot be overstated. This is now gone. The cost is very competitive.,FixMe.IT, Zoho Assist and TeamViewer,Malwarebytes, Acronis Backup, LibreOfficeHighly Recommend ConnectWiseAs IT director at Lang Realty, I oversee more than 120 computers located in 11 different offices servicing over 400 real estate agents and staff. ConnectWise makes this process a breeze! From any place where I have internet access, I can see if all my systems are online and available. I am also able to use this ConnectWise for training as I can remote into the computer the agent is using and demonstrate or resolved any issues. Also, I can create an access session for those users that are not part of our internal infrastructure. Having the software running on the background of all host computers makes it so easy to access. Installation and setup were a breeze and their support is unparalleled. One of the features I like the most is the Toolbox. That allows me to run any program I need for troubleshooting straight from the shot computer. ConnectWise allows me to classify by location each computer, so identifying the one I need to access is really simple. ConnectWise is every IT manager/director's dream system come true. I highly recommend it!,Great support Awesome features Ease of access Ease of setup,Ability to use the system from my mobile phone Ability to share the screen of the person accessing remotely,10,This system has saved us hundreds of dollars given how efficiently we are able to troubleshoot and assist users.,LogMeIn Pro and TeamViewer,TeamViewer, LogMeIn ProThe Best Way to ConnectWe use ConnectWise across the entire organization to address everyday technical issues, provide in-service trainings, and regular maintenance. It allows for a quick response whether I am in the office or working remotely.,Easy to manage dashboard. Fast and responsive remote connections. Easy to install.,Occasionally, a connection will get lost and reinstallation is required.,10,Has made managing users at multiple sites very easy.,TeamViewer,Webroot SecureAnywhere, DocuSign, Microsoft Office 365Great software for IT techniciansConnectwise Control allows me to not only remotely manage servers and devices within my company but also provide remote support for our customers.,Easy to use Fast and reliable remote connection Affordable,Honestly, I do not have any complaints about this software.,9,The floating license model makes it cost effective to manage many endpoints with many technicians who aren't necessarily working at the same time. The extra layer of access to virtual servers (on top of vsphere) gives extra piece of mind for being able to fix problems quickly.,TeamViewer and LogMeIn ProQuick, easy, inexpensive remote connectivityI use Connect Wise Control to support 25-50 client sites and about 100 users. They use a specific accounting system called Passport Software and other software products. I like that CWC provides instantaneous connectivity, easy and flexible installation, and convenient account management. I have used other remote connection products in the past, and this has been the best so far. It is very competitively priced and handles all of my remote support needs. Data transfer does not seem to be quite as prompt as other products but is still pretty good. I would recommend it to any hardware or software support professional.,Near instantaneous connection. Easy and flexible installation options. Very competitive price. Convenient account management. Offers continuous connectivity, single session, or broadcast meeting options.,File transfer rate could be improved.,9,ROI is dramatically better than other current alternatives. Multiple sessions allow me to look at two or more machines at a time. Fast connection time is really nice.,LogMeIn Central,Microsoft Office 365, WordPerfect OfficeGreat product but could use improvement in some areas to make it amazing.We use Screen Connect to remotely access every computer across all our business entities and customer networks. It allows us to easily remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on pretty much every end-user device anywhere in the world.,The connections are reliable and smooth. Transferring and receiving files from remote computers is straightforward and typically works perfectly. Running commands from the dashboard without needing to connect to an end-user machine means we can easily run one-off commands without impacting workflows!,The access side of Screen Connect doesn't organize computers very well, you can give them essentially a tag or create groups based on SQL-like expressions, but it's a bit awkward, I'm not sure what the best way to improve that would be. Perhaps adding another tab that automatically sorts them by domain or IP range? The remote computer HAS to have a monitor attached or the connection will display a black screen, generally, this isn't an issue but it means that you cannot remotely administer headless servers very well. By default when you connect to a remote machine it throws all of your printers on that machine, some programs (particularly older ones) don't like that. If we could choose just one printer to send to (or none) when we want (like a button in the toolbar to send printers) that would solve that issue. Currently, the only way to fix this is to disable sending printers entirely The licenses are locked using some form of a per-machine link, so if you have one license as we do and accidentally leave a connection on when you head out of the office you can not use Connectwise until you manage to close that connection. I've limited connections to two hours to automatically end them but this is still a real problem. There should be some way to end a connection from the dashboard to free up licenses. The toolbox is a bit awkward and doesn't seem to work well, but that might be me not doing something right,8,Allowing us to remotely support end-users without physically being on location saves time and money. Being able to quickly diagnose and resolve problems makes customers happy. Being able to solve issues occasionally without impacting user work-flows via remote commands or backstage tinkering is a very nice feature that also keeps customers happy.,ITarian, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPCGreat for remote accessI use ConnectWise Control to remotely access my work computer from home and from other work sites. I also remote into branch office computers, and occasionally the computer of a friend in need of help.,ConnectWise Control is very good for remotely accessing a workstation. It's like I'm using that station. No noticeable lag, and great graphics.,My main workstation that I log into has three monitors. I wish I could set a default screen in which to start a session.,10,I need easy access to my workstation at my main office, and workstations at branch locations, and ConnectWise Control gives me exactly that.,TeamViewer,Microsoft Office 2016ConnectWise Control is a great tool for the virtual toolbox and very affordable.I have one login set up at our restaurant to allow the managers to remotely connect to the Aloha server, to run reports. The building is too small for an office, so the server was set up in an attic area. Being able to remote in for the managers has saved them a lot of time and provided more convenience in their job. I also have another login I use at our property management company to remote into the computers at properties that need IT assistance.,Ease of Use to join sessions: being able to email a client a link to install ConnectWise Control on their computers without needing a degree in computer science has made my job easier and more productive. 2FA: ConnectWise Control having Two-Factor Authentication has made me more at ease with setting control up on our servers that hold sensitive data. Joining Sessions: ConnectWise Control is very quick when joining sessions. I have used other products where you have to wait up to a minute to get the connection. ConnectWise Control connects you in real-time, which makes a big difference in your productivity and in-patient clients.,On organization: It would be great if we could set up sectioned off groups and control permissions to access those groups from other logins. A way to transition a support session to full-time access session. I would love to be able to run reports to see the connection history for each login.,9,Control has helped with managing multiple servers in multiple places. Control has helped with supporting clients in real time instead of driving to each location. Control's pricing is very reasonable and affordable, and is a big reason I chose it.,TeamViewer and LogMeIn Pro,Pulseway, Sophos Intercept X, Acronis Backup
Windows, Linux, Mac
ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)

ConnectWise Control Reviews

ConnectWise Control

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 919 vetted ConnectWise Control reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Andrew Haskell profile photo
May 20, 2019

• The remote session is often very low latency, and there have never been noticeable issues in the connection quality for our staff.
  • Installation is a breeze for remote clients. And for those that need a little help, being able to convert on-demand sessions into permanent ones is a major plus
  • The file sharing just plain works. I've used several competitors that haven't quite lived up to this so having a seamless solution is quite nice
  • Multi-monitor support is perfect!
  • I'd like to see the ability to selectively log off the remote machine via a button on the toolbar. Currently it's a setting to always lock on disconnect, or never lock on disconnect, requiring the tech to manually lock the machine if called for at the end of a session. Its a small time save that would add up!
  • The chat feature could be expanded to be a lot more useful. Allowing clients to start conversations, and have conversations ping an email address if no one is monitoring the dashboard would be extremely valuable.
  • Some clarity on licensing when providing host-passes to guest technicians would be a boon, especially for one-off support sessions with vendors.
ConnectWise Control is very well suited to IT teams managing overall infrastructure, both internal and MSP's. It shines as a dependable tool that just plain works. I have already highly recommended it to peers in the industry. It is not suited for providing individual users access to their own machines. Its geared as a tool for IT and less so a tool for end users.
Read Andrew Haskell's full review
Jonathan Hanson profile photo
April 11, 2019

ConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!

• Self-hosted - this is great for me and makes it easy to control my data, which is important for my clients.
  • Mobile Access - being able to quickly diagnose and resolve an issue while on the road is great.
  • Persistent - "always on" connections with screen capture.
  • Great User Interface and chat works exceptionally well.
  • Would like the ability to 'take control' in a mode that is transparent to the end user or to the audience - for example, when working on digital signage systems, it would be great to access and update without affecting the program that is playing on the main screen.
  • More CMD based functionality, or perhaps a dedicated remote CMD terminal functionality that would let me fully access the system and execute programs without being truncated to 5000 characters.
  • The mobile app on iPhone crashes once in a while, but on iPad, it works fine - perhaps it is the age of the phone, but it is hard to tell.
I have managed and administered ConnectWise for my business, and have also had the opportunity to use ConnectWise under an Enterprise level setup for a major Fortune 100. In both instances, it performed quite well and is fast and robust. From an admininistrative side to the user side, it just works and is very easy to use.
Read Jonathan Hanson's full review
Charlie Stamp profile photo
June 19, 2019

Support Dealership on ConnectWise Control

• Sharing sessions with other techs.
  • Cross-platform support.
  • Connection logging.
  • Hostpass is awesome.
  • Java, but there are only so many ways to provide cross-platform without driving up the cost.
  • No recorded session for hosted version.
It just works. We used to use a different product, but it was more expensive and would often confuse either support staff of the client. ConnectWise Control doesn't need to be installed either for a simple support session.
Read Charlie Stamp's full review
Ronald Kent profile photo
June 19, 2019

ConnectWise for remote access

• It is easy to access my office computer remotely.
  • Connection is quick.
  • Graphics are easy to read.
  • While the graphics are easy to read, both screens appear on my remote notebook.
  • Having two screens rather than one makes it difficult to read (small print).
  • It would be nice to be able to switch from one screen to another with a full-screen readout on the remote notebook.
I only use it for remoting in to gather data and update Excel spreadsheets.
Read Ronald Kent's full review
Anthony Osuna profile photo

ConnectWise Control makes me look like a Star

• Quickly connect to a customer's computer
  • Take screenshots and record a video of our session
  • Allows us to take control of the customer's computer when needed
  • It is difficult for Apple users to connect
ConnectWise Control is the easiest way to connect with our customers. It is simple to use and allows for multiple sets of eyes to look in and help. It is also a great way to have our customers connect with us to see our screen for training. The ability to actually connect with a customer's screen can help us solve a problem in just a few minutes. It takes the guesswork out of trying to understand what the customer is dealing with by visually seeing what the customer is doing and help them.
Read Anthony Osuna's full review
Randal Jorgensen profile photo

ConnectWise Control Review

• Quick connection to remote PCs and Servers
  • Easy to Use interface
  • Ability to set up users with access to specific PCs
  • Set up of users to restrict them to specific PCs could be a little easier
ConnectWise Control is well suited to unattended access to PCs. I only use the Unattended access version. It would be nice to have ad-hoc control and a greater number of users, but the price becomes prohibitive.
Read Randal Jorgensen's full review
Patrick Logan profile photo

ConnectWise Control for IT Support

• Allow remote control for clients computers
  • Report creation
  • Capture of hardware and software
  • Support for Apple computers
  • Two Factor Authentication
ConnectWise Control is well suited for remote support of our clients computers. It does not work well when the remote computer you want to access is an Apple computer.
Read Patrick Logan's full review
Filmore Thomas III profile photo
June 12, 2019

OneGeek's Connectwise

• Best remote control software with plenty of options.
  • Add-ons are very helpful.
  • File transfer is robust.
  • I would like to see better support for the IOS platform.
  • I would like to have more RMM features.
ConnectWise Control is well suited for connecting to friends, family, work or school computers and laptops to connect and offer assistance to those in need whether it's to install software, or just to see how an application works. However, it isn't well suited for iPad tablets and its functionality in such a format is marginal at best.
Read Filmore Thomas III's full review
Ellen Kovacs profile photo
June 10, 2019

ConnectWise control keeps your business in control of your time and investment

• Ease of use. Just email the customer the customized link to set up the login session. No fumbling with the user having to type the link in the address bar.
  • Great outlook integration to email link.
  • Simple installation of the client software.
  • Easy file transfer.
  • Stores tools I commonly use to transfer immediately onto the user's computer.
  • When the client downloads to the user's computer, many times there's a "can harm this computer" warning, which can deter the user.
  • The "pre" join chat plugin could be more user-friendly for the user. This would make it easier to communicate with the user, even if you are already on the phone with the customer.
  • Could benefit from video chat during the login session.
A scenario that is well suited for ConnectWise Control is when there's a quick fix solution to an issue the user is having. This avoids having to drive on site. A scenario that is less appropriate is when there's a poor connection, and the user is having issues retaining an Internet connection.
Read Ellen Kovacs's full review
Kevin Ritchey profile photo
June 10, 2019

Connect Wisely with ConnectWise Control

• Has great ease of connection.
  • Provides CLI access with routines.
  • You can leave notes for other support staff.
  • Organization by the client.
  • There are times when the Mac Agent doesn't allow the use of the keyboard and mouse. Once the user allows ConnectWise Control to control the computer, this is not an issue.
  • You have to connect to use routines.
  • There's no easy ability to run a reverse tunnel ssh to Mac and Linux agents.
ConnectWise Control is particularly suited for supporting a distributed workforce. When the user connects to a support session, the technician can install a permanent agent on the laptop if appropriate. This saves the end user from having to open a browser and enter a code every time support is needed. When multiple technicians are supporting a distributed workforce, it's convenient to have notes tied to the laptop instead of the ticket. E.g. in an office there may be one printer, one IP address configuration, and one scanner. But with remote workers, there may be several different peripherals and configurations and notes tied to the laptop. Notes tied to the asset with dates is helpful and doesn't require too much overhead.
Read Kevin Ritchey's full review
Matt Winyard profile photo
June 08, 2019

Amazing and lightweight

• Lightweight. The software installation takes up very little space and has very little hardware impact.
  • It's easy to use, very easy to access users' computers, and the features are absolutely amazing.
  • It's stable. We've never had an issue since we started using ConnectWise Control within our organization.
  • I would like the ability, when transferring files, to utilize a local network instead of using the internet. This can have an impact on time.
  • I would like to be able to use dual monitor support for when I access users with multiple screens.
  • I would like alerts on software crashes/unexpected crashes to problem-solve more effectively.
ConnectWise Control is amazingly well suited within our organization. I utilize around 90% of the features available and do not really have any problems using it.
Read Matt Winyard's full review
Todd Singleton profile photo
June 07, 2019

We still call it ScreenConnect.

• Remote desktop support.
  • Issuing command line entries to the remote workstation.
  • Looking at running processes on the remote workstation.
  • Looking at running services on the remote workstation.
  • Pushing files to the remote workstation through the console to perform administrative level installations.
  • Provides the ability to restart and reconnect to the remote workstation administratively without user intervention.
  • Allows a remote change of the user logged into the remote workstation without session interruption.
  • Reverse display control outside of "meetings" (allowing the remote workstation to see the technician's desktop during a session) would be nice.
  • A little better and easier branding of the landing interface.
  • Easier push distribution of new/updated client builds.
ConnectWise Control is well suited for anywhere remote desktop support is required. It's less suited for hosting remote meetings, such as when video conferencing is required. However, I don't believe this is a core purpose of Connectwise Control, therefore, it performs its primary function, remote user support, exceedingly well.
Read Todd Singleton's full review
Luke Ephraums profile photo
May 27, 2019

ConnectWise Control: great value and functionality for the smaller IT provider

• Very easy to deploy and update.
  • Cloud-based means easy access and management from around the world.
  • Large range of extensions allows you to customize your functionality.
  • Speed issues in certain circumstances.
  • Mobile client needs to support email address login.
If you require remote access and monitoring of a large endpoint base, ConnectWise Control is excellent and a great value for money.
Read Luke Ephraums's full review
Sebastien Lachat profile photo
May 27, 2019

A simple way to a complicated job

• Easy to setup
  • Lots of features
  • Can connect from anywhere, not computer or installation dependent.
  • None
  • It does everything I want.
I can't give a scenario where it is less appropriate, no idea what that means. All I know is that it does all I want it to do to access and connect to remote computers throughout the company and its branches.
Read Sebastien Lachat's full review
Joe Hurst profile photo

ConnectWise Control review

• Ease of use
  • Lots of features
  • Granular control
  • Some administrative features are not intuitive
  • Default color scheme hid controls for me
  • Provide more examples in documentation of features
It works well for supporting remote users when you can install the agent on the machine before you deploy it, so you don't have to send out an email invitation each time to the user. However, that option is available to use when necessary. I haven't found a scenario yet (within the scope of how we use it) where this is not a good fit.
Read Joe Hurst's full review
Dustyn Iwamoto profile photo
May 23, 2019

Best remote access tool ever

• Fast - install, removal, connection
  • Light - doesn’t kill system resources, small install package
  • Simple setup
  • Command prompt emulator is trash. It executes commands but if that command returns a prompt, it cannot handle that. So you have to include responses to the prompts in the initial command.
  • UI on the website could use work. Things like groups not automatically reordering by alphabetical order, separation of servers and workstations, etc.
  • Wish the agents could be renamed easier...in add/remove the default creates a install of agent2848399374773...so if another company and I both use screenconnect, it makes it hard to determine whose software is what.
Really great for a light remote access tool. However, if you need a more advanced feature or monitored aspects, then this product will not provide that. We use it during system assessments when we don’t want to install our full RMM agent. It is also well suited to project work that requires constant connecting and disconnecting from multiple devices throughout the project.
Read Dustyn Iwamoto's full review
Scott Trautwein profile photo
May 23, 2019

ConnectWise for a School District

• Easy to install and works well.
  • Cloud-based platform is very stable, has never been down for us.
  • Has advanced scripts that it can run.
  • Since it is cloud-based, there is sometimes a delay when connecting. Once connected, it resolves itself.
Anyone who needs to perform remote support to Windows users and wants a cloud-hosted solution that just works should definitely go with ConnectWise Control.
Read Scott Trautwein's full review
Josh Ryan profile photo
May 21, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review

• Access is through a small app that can be pre-installed on company machines, so the user does not need to interact at all other than to request support in the first place. The ability to connect without requiring user input is huge.
  • Connecting to a machine for the first time when you do not have access installed is a simple process and the easiest one I've found so far for users to do.
  • I can see UAC prompts.
  • Organizing connected machines is very easy.
  • Removing decommissioned machines could be more intuitive.
  • Settings per organizational unit would be good too. If they are there I still need to find them.
  • The ability to choose different color schemes.
It's the easiest support option I've ever found for users to deal with. The messaging is great and it's low-resource.
Read Josh Ryan's full review
Daniel Katz profile photo
May 15, 2019

Highly Recommend ConnectWise

• Great support
  • Awesome features
  • Ease of access
  • Ease of setup
  • Ability to use the system from my mobile phone
  • Ability to share the screen of the person accessing remotely
Great system for remote troubleshooting, training, and demonstration. A fantastic system to "keep an eye" on all systems throughout the company. Would like to see the ability to share the screen of the person accessing the remote computer.

Read Daniel Katz's full review
Kyle Angeley-Devereux profile photo

The Best Way to Connect

• Easy to manage dashboard.
  • Fast and responsive remote connections.
  • Easy to install.
  • Occasionally, a connection will get lost and reinstallation is required.
It is well suited for all remote access applications. Troubleshooting, system updates, IT support, etc.
Read Kyle Angeley-Devereux's full review
scott klarr profile photo

Great software for IT technicians

• Fast and reliable remote connection
  • Affordable
  • Honestly, I do not have any complaints about this software.
From the mobile support and floating license structure to self-hosted and white label options, I believe Control can be well suited for any type of remote control use scenario. The feature set of the software is always being added to and made even better.
Read scott klarr's full review
Bruce Meyer profile photo
May 14, 2019

Quick, easy, inexpensive remote connectivity

• Near instantaneous connection.
  • Easy and flexible installation options.
  • Very competitive price.
  • Convenient account management.
  • Offers continuous connectivity, single session, or broadcast meeting options.
  • File transfer rate could be improved.
CWC works really well for software support, my primary job function. A number of hardware vendors that I work with use it as well. It also works well for meetings and training.
Read Bruce Meyer's full review
Ryan Timmons profile photo
May 14, 2019

Great product but could use improvement in some areas to make it amazing.

• The connections are reliable and smooth.
  • Transferring and receiving files from remote computers is straightforward and typically works perfectly.
  • Running commands from the dashboard without needing to connect to an end-user machine means we can easily run one-off commands without impacting workflows!
  • The access side of Screen Connect doesn't organize computers very well, you can give them essentially a tag or create groups based on SQL-like expressions, but it's a bit awkward, I'm not sure what the best way to improve that would be. Perhaps adding another tab that automatically sorts them by domain or IP range?
  • The remote computer HAS to have a monitor attached or the connection will display a black screen, generally, this isn't an issue but it means that you cannot remotely administer headless servers very well.
  • By default when you connect to a remote machine it throws all of your printers on that machine, some programs (particularly older ones) don't like that. If we could choose just one printer to send to (or none) when we want (like a button in the toolbar to send printers) that would solve that issue. Currently, the only way to fix this is to disable sending printers entirely
  • The licenses are locked using some form of a per-machine link, so if you have one license as we do and accidentally leave a connection on when you head out of the office you can not use Connectwise until you manage to close that connection. I've limited connections to two hours to automatically end them but this is still a real problem. There should be some way to end a connection from the dashboard to free up licenses.
  • The toolbox is a bit awkward and doesn't seem to work well, but that might be me not doing something right
Screen connect is a very good tool for remote support and works extremely well most of the time. I use it for consistent access to in-house and client computers and as immediate support for call-ins that we don't necessarily have set up with 24/7 connections. It lacks in a few quality of life areas such as the connection groupings and is missing a few key elements that would help with specific scenarios, such as being able to end active connections from the dashboard or being able to remotely control headless machines.
Read Ryan Timmons's full review
Dan Dvorak profile photo
May 11, 2019

Great for remote access

• ConnectWise Control is very good for remotely accessing a workstation. It's like I'm using that station. No noticeable lag, and great graphics.
  • My main workstation that I log into has three monitors. I wish I could set a default screen in which to start a session.
ConnectWise Control is great for my needs because it doesn't require a lot of configuration on any machine. I'm using it to remote into my main office desktop. I can be physically at a workstation at a branch location that I may only use once, and within moments I'm controlling my main office workstation.
Read Dan Dvorak's full review
Nathan Weber profile photo
May 10, 2019

• Ease of Use to join sessions: being able to email a client a link to install ConnectWise Control on their computers without needing a degree in computer science has made my job easier and more productive.
  • 2FA: ConnectWise Control having Two-Factor Authentication has made me more at ease with setting control up on our servers that hold sensitive data.
  • Joining Sessions: ConnectWise Control is very quick when joining sessions. I have used other products where you have to wait up to a minute to get the connection. ConnectWise Control connects you in real-time, which makes a big difference in your productivity and in-patient clients.
  • On organization: It would be great if we could set up sectioned off groups and control permissions to access those groups from other logins.
  • A way to transition a support session to full-time access session.
  • I would love to be able to run reports to see the connection history for each login.
ConnectWise Control is best suited for companies that are small and not needing all the advanced tools that other programs can bring. ConnectWise Control lacks the organization of sessions needed for enterprise scenarios where you would only want to allow certain people access to certain sessions.
Read Nathan Weber's full review

Screen sharing (566)
File transfer (539)
Instant message (475)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (72)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (294)
Over-the-Internet remote session (572)
Initiate remote control from mobile (365)
Remote management of servers & workstations (489)
Remote Active Directory® management (161)
Centralized management dashboard (454)
Session record (294)
Annotations (248)
Monitoring and Alerts (175)
Multi-platform remote control (377)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, RescueAssist, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes