https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/wz/3F/XBNT4V9FQ0ES.PNGAn MSP's viewpoint on ConnectWise Control: "A foundational pillar of our business model"I operate a Managed Services Provider that focuses on serving small businesses. I've used several remote control / screen sharing solutions in the past, but out of all of them, above and beyond I would continue to recommend ConnectWise Control. We signed on when starting our company after trialing a couple different vendor's solutions. With remote control software, there is one thing above all else that it should accomplish: quickly connecting you to the desired workstation, without any worry of technical delays or difficulty. For this we've found Control works flawlessly. When our clients call with an issue, they don't have to sit around or worry about downloading another tool to install. We simply search their computer in the dashboard, and connect without problems, every single time. The peripheral features are extremely helpful as well. The integrated chat is very important for working with users who can't take a call, but are needing assistance. The bi-directional clipboard and file sharing is near seamless. And the dashboard provides plenty of information without having to dive into our RMM.,The remote session is often very low latency, and there have never been noticeable issues in the connection quality for our staff. Installation is a breeze for remote clients. And for those that need a little help, being able to convert on-demand sessions into permanent ones is a major plus The file sharing just plain works. I've used several competitors that haven't quite lived up to this so having a seamless solution is quite nice Multi-monitor support is perfect!,I'd like to see the ability to selectively log off the remote machine via a button on the toolbar. Currently it's a setting to always lock on disconnect, or never lock on disconnect, requiring the tech to manually lock the machine if called for at the end of a session. Its a small time save that would add up! The chat feature could be expanded to be a lot more useful. Allowing clients to start conversations, and have conversations ping an email address if no one is monitoring the dashboard would be extremely valuable. Some clarity on licensing when providing host-passes to guest technicians would be a boon, especially for one-off support sessions with vendors.,10,Quite simply our business could not function without a form of remote control software. Control has done an amazing job at filling a core foundation pillar of our business model as an MSP, having some clients in very remote destinations, we can still service them through the use of Control. We pay per technician for an unlimited number of endpoints, and this pricing model has served us very admirably. As a smaller startup MSP, the cost of paying per endpoint would only serve to hurt our growth. Being able to pay a flat rate based on staffing is very desirable. The whole experience using Control is polished and speedy. I couldn't imaging going back to a slower solution, the value Control brings is palpable in our business model.,TeamViewer, LogMeIn Central and Solarwinds Take Control (formerly SolarWinds MSP Anywhere),CloudBerry Backup, SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management, KeePass, osTicket, eversign, QuickBooks Online, Google Cloud StorageConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!I am very happy with the ConnectWise Control product and have used it for many years. I operate a local computer service company, and ConnectWise Control provides me the ability to be there without actually being there. I have a self-hosted installation and love it! I currently have a multitude of sites that are always on and give me a persistent connection. This is great for the headless servers or the digital signage installations It allows me to quickly capture a screenshot of what is actually going on without taking over control. I also like that I can access my sites from my mobile device or my tablet quickly and easily. I do not encounter much lag at all. I like how quickly I can create a support session as well! Very happy all the way around and will continue using for years to come!,Self-hosted - this is great for me and makes it easy to control my data, which is important for my clients. Mobile Access - being able to quickly diagnose and resolve an issue while on the road is great. Persistent - "always on" connections with screen capture. Great User Interface and chat works exceptionally well.,Would like the ability to 'take control' in a mode that is transparent to the end user or to the audience - for example, when working on digital signage systems, it would be great to access and update without affecting the program that is playing on the main screen. More CMD based functionality, or perhaps a dedicated remote CMD terminal functionality that would let me fully access the system and execute programs without being truncated to 5000 characters. The mobile app on iPhone crashes once in a while, but on iPad, it works fine - perhaps it is the age of the phone, but it is hard to tell.,10,From a business owner point of view, this has helped me substantially as I can now "be" multiple places at once. This allows me to remotely support my own clients quickly and efficiently, without having to make a several hour drive to get on site. Some of my clients I have only worked with remotely! This has helped me build my business and grow my client base without having to try to be everywhere at the same time. From an enterprise user point of view, the ability to set granular access control levels has been greatly beneficial. Also, like the ability to manage connections from a central pane of glass. Saves time when accessing or granting access to a particular system.,Citrix Endpoint Management (formerly XenMobile), LogMeIn Pro and VNC Connect,ownCloud, Microsoft Office 365, Webroot SecureAnywhere, CloudBerry BackupConnectWise Control ReviewWe use ConnectWise Control to support users on and off the company network, at trade events and at home for troubleshooting issues, for general set up, and for adding software and devices to machines. We use it for any other action that requires us to interact with a user account and not RDP in over them, such as setting up drives and changing printer settings.,Access is through a small app that can be pre-installed on company machines, so the user does not need to interact at all other than to request support in the first place. The ability to connect without requiring user input is huge. Connecting to a machine for the first time when you do not have access installed is a simple process and the easiest one I've found so far for users to do. I can see UAC prompts. Organizing connected machines is very easy.,Removing decommissioned machines could be more intuitive. Settings per organizational unit would be good too. If they are there I still need to find them. The ability to choose different color schemes.,8,This has saved us hours of troubleshooting at trade shows and other events. The frustration level of walking people through things over the phone cannot be overstated. This is now gone. The cost is very competitive.,FixMe.IT, Zoho Assist and TeamViewer,Malwarebytes, Acronis Backup, LibreOfficeHighly Recommend ConnectWiseAs IT director at Lang Realty, I oversee more than 120 computers located in 11 different offices servicing over 400 real estate agents and staff. ConnectWise makes this process a breeze! From any place where I have internet access, I can see if all my systems are online and available. I am also able to use this ConnectWise for training as I can remote into the computer the agent is using and demonstrate or resolved any issues. Also, I can create an access session for those users that are not part of our internal infrastructure. Having the software running on the background of all host computers makes it so easy to access. Installation and setup were a breeze and their support is unparalleled. One of the features I like the most is the Toolbox. That allows me to run any program I need for troubleshooting straight from the shot computer. ConnectWise allows me to classify by location each computer, so identifying the one I need to access is really simple. ConnectWise is every IT manager/director's dream system come true. I highly recommend it!,Great support Awesome features Ease of access Ease of setup,Ability to use the system from my mobile phone Ability to share the screen of the person accessing remotely,10,This system has saved us hundreds of dollars given how efficiently we are able to troubleshoot and assist users.,LogMeIn Pro and TeamViewer,TeamViewer, LogMeIn ProThe Best Way to ConnectWe use ConnectWise across the entire organization to address everyday technical issues, provide in-service trainings, and regular maintenance. It allows for a quick response whether I am in the office or working remotely.,Easy to manage dashboard. Fast and responsive remote connections. Easy to install.,Occasionally, a connection will get lost and reinstallation is required.,10,Has made managing users at multiple sites very easy.,TeamViewer,Webroot SecureAnywhere, DocuSign, Microsoft Office 365
Windows, Linux, Mac
ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)

ConnectWise Control Reviews

ConnectWise Control
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 865 vetted ConnectWise Control reviews and ratings

Andrew Haskell profile photo
May 20, 2019

Review: "An MSP's viewpoint on ConnectWise Control: "A foundational pillar of our business model""

• The remote session is often very low latency, and there have never been noticeable issues in the connection quality for our staff.
  • Installation is a breeze for remote clients. And for those that need a little help, being able to convert on-demand sessions into permanent ones is a major plus
  • The file sharing just plain works. I've used several competitors that haven't quite lived up to this so having a seamless solution is quite nice
  • Multi-monitor support is perfect!
  • I'd like to see the ability to selectively log off the remote machine via a button on the toolbar. Currently it's a setting to always lock on disconnect, or never lock on disconnect, requiring the tech to manually lock the machine if called for at the end of a session. Its a small time save that would add up!
  • The chat feature could be expanded to be a lot more useful. Allowing clients to start conversations, and have conversations ping an email address if no one is monitoring the dashboard would be extremely valuable.
  • Some clarity on licensing when providing host-passes to guest technicians would be a boon, especially for one-off support sessions with vendors.
ConnectWise Control is very well suited to IT teams managing overall infrastructure, both internal and MSP's. It shines as a dependable tool that just plain works. I have already highly recommended it to peers in the industry. It is not suited for providing individual users access to their own machines. Its geared as a tool for IT and less so a tool for end users.
Read Andrew Haskell's full review
Jonathan Hanson profile photo
April 11, 2019

Review: "ConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!"

• Self-hosted - this is great for me and makes it easy to control my data, which is important for my clients.
  • Mobile Access - being able to quickly diagnose and resolve an issue while on the road is great.
  • Persistent - "always on" connections with screen capture.
  • Great User Interface and chat works exceptionally well.
  • Would like the ability to 'take control' in a mode that is transparent to the end user or to the audience - for example, when working on digital signage systems, it would be great to access and update without affecting the program that is playing on the main screen.
  • More CMD based functionality, or perhaps a dedicated remote CMD terminal functionality that would let me fully access the system and execute programs without being truncated to 5000 characters.
  • The mobile app on iPhone crashes once in a while, but on iPad, it works fine - perhaps it is the age of the phone, but it is hard to tell.
I have managed and administered ConnectWise for my business, and have also had the opportunity to use ConnectWise under an Enterprise level setup for a major Fortune 100. In both instances, it performed quite well and is fast and robust. From an admininistrative side to the user side, it just works and is very easy to use.
Read Jonathan Hanson's full review
Josh Ryan profile photo
May 21, 2019

"ConnectWise Control Review"

• Access is through a small app that can be pre-installed on company machines, so the user does not need to interact at all other than to request support in the first place. The ability to connect without requiring user input is huge.
  • Connecting to a machine for the first time when you do not have access installed is a simple process and the easiest one I've found so far for users to do.
  • I can see UAC prompts.
  • Organizing connected machines is very easy.
  • Removing decommissioned machines could be more intuitive.
  • Settings per organizational unit would be good too. If they are there I still need to find them.
  • The ability to choose different color schemes.
It's the easiest support option I've ever found for users to deal with. The messaging is great and it's low-resource.
Read Josh Ryan's full review
Daniel Katz profile photo
May 15, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Highly Recommend ConnectWise"

• Great support
  • Awesome features
  • Ease of access
  • Ease of setup
  • Ability to use the system from my mobile phone
  • Ability to share the screen of the person accessing remotely
Great system for remote troubleshooting, training, and demonstration. A fantastic system to "keep an eye" on all systems throughout the company. Would like to see the ability to share the screen of the person accessing the remote computer.

Read Daniel Katz's full review
Kyle Angeley-Devereux profile photo
May 14, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "The Best Way to Connect"

• Easy to manage dashboard.
  • Fast and responsive remote connections.
  • Easy to install.
  • Occasionally, a connection will get lost and reinstallation is required.
It is well suited for all remote access applications. Troubleshooting, system updates, IT support, etc.
Read Kyle Angeley-Devereux's full review
scott klarr profile photo
May 14, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Great software for IT technicians"

Connectwise Control allows me to not only remotely manage servers and devices within my company but also provide remote support for our customers.
  • Fast and reliable remote connection
  • Affordable
  • Honestly, I do not have any complaints about this software.
From the mobile support and floating license structure to self-hosted and white label options, I believe Control can be well suited for any type of remote control use scenario. The feature set of the software is always being added to and made even better.
Read scott klarr's full review
Bruce Meyer profile photo
May 14, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Quick, easy, inexpensive remote connectivity"

I use Connect Wise Control to support 25-50 client sites and about 100 users. They use a specific accounting system called Passport Software and other software products. I like that CWC provides instantaneous connectivity, easy and flexible installation, and convenient account management. I have used other remote connection products in the past, and this has been the best so far. It is very competitively priced and handles all of my remote support needs. Data transfer does not seem to be quite as prompt as other products but is still pretty good. I would recommend it to any hardware or software support professional.

• Near instantaneous connection.
  • Easy and flexible installation options.
  • Very competitive price.
  • Convenient account management.
  • Offers continuous connectivity, single session, or broadcast meeting options.
  • File transfer rate could be improved.
CWC works really well for software support, my primary job function. A number of hardware vendors that I work with use it as well. It also works well for meetings and training.
Read Bruce Meyer's full review
Ryan Timmons profile photo
May 14, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Great product but could use improvement in some areas to make it amazing."

We use Screen Connect to remotely access every computer across all our business entities and customer networks. It allows us to easily remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on pretty much every end-user device anywhere in the world.
  • The connections are reliable and smooth.
  • Transferring and receiving files from remote computers is straightforward and typically works perfectly.
  • Running commands from the dashboard without needing to connect to an end-user machine means we can easily run one-off commands without impacting workflows!
  • The access side of Screen Connect doesn't organize computers very well, you can give them essentially a tag or create groups based on SQL-like expressions, but it's a bit awkward, I'm not sure what the best way to improve that would be. Perhaps adding another tab that automatically sorts them by domain or IP range?
  • The remote computer HAS to have a monitor attached or the connection will display a black screen, generally, this isn't an issue but it means that you cannot remotely administer headless servers very well.
  • By default when you connect to a remote machine it throws all of your printers on that machine, some programs (particularly older ones) don't like that. If we could choose just one printer to send to (or none) when we want (like a button in the toolbar to send printers) that would solve that issue. Currently, the only way to fix this is to disable sending printers entirely
  • The licenses are locked using some form of a per-machine link, so if you have one license as we do and accidentally leave a connection on when you head out of the office you can not use Connectwise until you manage to close that connection. I've limited connections to two hours to automatically end them but this is still a real problem. There should be some way to end a connection from the dashboard to free up licenses.
  • The toolbox is a bit awkward and doesn't seem to work well, but that might be me not doing something right
Screen connect is a very good tool for remote support and works extremely well most of the time. I use it for consistent access to in-house and client computers and as immediate support for call-ins that we don't necessarily have set up with 24/7 connections. It lacks in a few quality of life areas such as the connection groupings and is missing a few key elements that would help with specific scenarios, such as being able to end active connections from the dashboard or being able to remotely control headless machines.
Read Ryan Timmons's full review
Dan Dvorak profile photo
May 11, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Great for remote access"

I use ConnectWise Control to remotely access my work computer from home and from other work sites. I also remote into branch office computers, and occasionally the computer of a friend in need of help.
  • ConnectWise Control is very good for remotely accessing a workstation. It's like I'm using that station. No noticeable lag, and great graphics.
  • My main workstation that I log into has three monitors. I wish I could set a default screen in which to start a session.
ConnectWise Control is great for my needs because it doesn't require a lot of configuration on any machine. I'm using it to remote into my main office desktop. I can be physically at a workstation at a branch location that I may only use once, and within moments I'm controlling my main office workstation.
Read Dan Dvorak's full review
Nathan Weber profile photo
May 10, 2019

Review: "ConnectWise Control is a great tool for the virtual toolbox and very affordable."

I have one login set up at our restaurant to allow the managers to remotely connect to the Aloha server, to run reports. The building is too small for an office, so the server was set up in an attic area. Being able to remote in for the managers has saved them a lot of time and provided more convenience in their job. I also have another login I use at our property management company to remote into the computers at properties that need IT assistance.
  • Ease of Use to join sessions: being able to email a client a link to install ConnectWise Control on their computers without needing a degree in computer science has made my job easier and more productive.
  • 2FA: ConnectWise Control having Two-Factor Authentication has made me more at ease with setting control up on our servers that hold sensitive data.
  • Joining Sessions: ConnectWise Control is very quick when joining sessions. I have used other products where you have to wait up to a minute to get the connection. ConnectWise Control connects you in real-time, which makes a big difference in your productivity and in-patient clients.
  • On organization: It would be great if we could set up sectioned off groups and control permissions to access those groups from other logins.
  • A way to transition a support session to full-time access session.
  • I would love to be able to run reports to see the connection history for each login.
ConnectWise Control is best suited for companies that are small and not needing all the advanced tools that other programs can bring. ConnectWise Control lacks the organization of sessions needed for enterprise scenarios where you would only want to allow certain people access to certain sessions.
Read Nathan Weber's full review
Gary Thomas profile photo
May 09, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Helps allow quicker problem solving"

It is being used mainly by the IT department to deal with user problems, updating local software and downloading files to and from various computers throughout the company.
  • Allows me to select a particular screen when a user has multiple screens.
  • Moving files back and forth is very easy.
  • Easy to update the program across multiple computers at the same time.
  • I would like to be able to do file transfers to a computer in the background while not interfering with the local user.
The program suits my needs very effectively. I use it to mainly see what the user's problem is and work with them to resolve the issue. Works great for me when I want to move files to the local computer and when I want to move files from the local computer to my computer.
Read Gary Thomas's full review
Kevin Youngblood profile photo
May 07, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Hands down the best remote software ever."

I use ConnectWise Control to manage 100+ IT customers on a daily basis and well as access personal resources remotely. Without ConnectWise, it would be nearly impossible to offer the level of service that I can by using ConnectWise. I am currently a one-man show, but when I have more employees, they will also be using ConnectWise daily. ConnectWise has solved a few problems for me. I can get to my customer's issues faster than ever, I don't have to open ports in my firewall or customer firewalls in order to use RDP, and all of the features it has built it prevents me from spending money on gas.
  • ConnectWise connects very fast and consistently.
  • I love the way ConnectWise manages multiple screens, chat, file transfers, and audio.
  • ConnectWise makes it very easy for less technical people to install, along with several options for sending them the install file.
  • The ConnectWise "dashboard" is very easy to organize and use.
  • I don't really have a good one.
  • Maybe that I can only use one instance with the plan I have.
  • It would be nice to have a Raspberry PI client.
I think ConnectWise Control works great for unattended access where you need to take control of a PC with no user intervention. I use this multiple times per day. If security is an issue or liability is an issue, I wouldn't recommend it just because I'm not aware of a way to make the client ask the customer's side for permission before it connects. I have some clients where this feature would be great.
Read Kevin Youngblood's full review
Brad Orfall profile photo
January 08, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "A simple solution that lets employees work remotely as well as for remote troubleshooting."

Inline Translation Services is a full-service language services company providing translation and layout services to major fortune 500 corporations nationwide. We employ project managers who direct the translation process, some of whom work in the office, while others work from home at least part of the time. ConnectWise allows our employees to log into their office computers remotely and work exactly the same way, regardless of where they may be. The solution provided by ConnectWise allowed us to retain a key employee who needed to move, as well as add flexibility for other employees. We use it both for PC and Mac-based solutions. Users can log on to Macs to complete design work or their office PC and the system works equally well. The web-based application is easy to use and reliable.
  • A simple, web-based solution allowing employees to work remotely and log in to their office computers as if they were sitting in the office.
  • Fast, efficient setup.
  • One account covers all the computers we need.
  • Cost-effective solution for a small business.
  • The interface very occasionally crashes and it can take some time to get things back to normal. This is a rare occurrence.
  • The interface can lag on slow connections.
ConnectWise has worked for every application we have used it on. I use it for troubleshooting of remote computers as well as for employees who need to log in remotely. The interface works equally well for control of Mac and PC and it doesn't really matter which is controlling which (there are a few quirks, though).
Read Brad Orfall's full review
Roger Brown profile photo
April 30, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Probably the best remote support software you'll ever use at an incredible value"

Our business offers remote support to over 800 clients to quickly and easily troubleshoot any software problems or questions they have with their computer. We also use it to help diagnose hardware issues as well. It has saved our business thousands of miles worth of travel and helped our customers get instant support when they need it. We were using a different company for this (which was far worse and had fewer features) when they decided to raise their prices by 400% so we started looking for other options. I'm glad we were forced to look at the competition because this is a much better solution. Without this software, I'm not sure we would still be in business.
  • Easy for clients to set up.
  • Great customization.
  • Lightweight client software.
  • An excellent number of features including sending files through the software.
  • Excellent pricing.
  • They need to make the user interface for administration more user-friendly. Setting up new users and more advanced security is more difficult than it should be.
  • Scrolling up/down using the scroll box seems to be broken.
  • Changing the pricing structure to allow free upgrades to the latest version of the software without having to buy a new license would be welcome.
It's great for a small business that needs to be able to handle a large number of clients. I'm not sure it would be a good fit for someone who only needs to remote into 1-5 machines, as there are plenty of other solutions for that which require much less setup/upfront cost.
Read Roger Brown's full review
Sandra Biringer profile photo
April 22, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "ScreeConnect has saved us a lot of time and has allowed us to work smarter and not harder"

ScreenConnect has made our daily workflow much easier when trying to connect to remote users. It's easy for end users to install if we need to gain immediate access. I would recommend this product for the simple fact that it makes our help desk run so much smoother, and we can quickly help the customer. Only the IT department uses it. the chat feature is also handy when we need to contact end users quickly instead of calling their office.
  • Easy to install.
  • Easy to access remote desktops/laptops.
  • Helps us do our job more efficiently.
  • Toolbox.
  • chat feature
  • The snapshot of end users screen could be a little bit bigger
We have not come across any less appropriate scenarios. ScreenConnect has helped us in situations where our previous software wasn't able to. The ease of giving the end user who is workign remotely, the website to download the client so we can gain access is great. We can immediately help them with their problems.
Read Sandra Biringer's full review
Pertti Karjalainen profile photo
April 19, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Easy, reliable, and cost effective remote support with ConnectWise"

We use it for technical support through remote connections on an almost daily basis. It is an invaluable tool for us when our customers run into trouble with their computers, networks, or our programs.
  • Easy, reliable connections
  • Stable platform
  • Great user interface
  • The chat interface is a bit awkward -- the administrator screen pops in and out unexpectedly and sometimes covers the end user's UI
  • Connectivity with Macs is sometimes hard to establish ("trust" issues)
  • Data transfer is very slow. I usually use DropBox to move data between the host and the client
Best suited for remote technical support or quick demos. Less appropriate for remote meetings.
Read Pertti Karjalainen's full review
George Brower profile photo
April 12, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Amazing remote control"

I use ConnectWise daily to remote to customers' systems and manage and resolve issues. I also use it to record, take snapshots of errors, and control flow processes to determine how to resolve issues at a later time. I have used quite a few remote control agents over the years, and the only product I come back to and use is this one. I cannot say enough good things about it. I currently use Team Viewer and Splashtop, but they are just backups to Connectwise control.
  • Extremely quick to connect.
  • Chat is also very quick and stable.
  • Snapshots and screen recording work great.
  • Management is very simple.
  • It's super simple to deploy.
  • The admin management interface could be more polished.
  • I would like to see a file folder management without screen viewing.
  • More preconfigured commands would be helpful.
It is well suited for both end users, as well as technicians. I don't feel that it is less appropriate anywhere.
Read George Brower's full review
Relton McBurrows profile photo
April 12, 2019

Review: "Sharing Success with ConnectWise Control"

My department has used ConnectWise Control and ScreenConnect in the past mostly to wirelessly connect laptops or tablets to the desktops that project on our conference room displays. Our department handles training for the hospital, so we often have to present on our feet. Training also means that we are often away from our desks in the offices of others. We will use ConnectWise to access functions that are only accessible at our personal workstations.
  • ConnectWise easily allows us to present wirelessly when no other solution is available.
  • With the proper settings within our firewall, ConnectWise allows secure remote connections, even in our highly secure network.
  • Within our department, ConnectWise allows us to share issues with each other via screen sharing.
  • Sometimes, ConnectWise conflicts with our firewall settings.
  • ConnectWise could improve in allowing more control over VPN settings.
  • The iOS app logs me out at inconvenient times, and I've had difficulty reconnecting.
Well Suited for...
  • Wirelessly connecting laptops or tablets to the desktops that project on our conference room displays.
  • On-the-job training and situations that require you to be away from your personal workstation but maintain access to your desktop.
Not well suited for...
  • Remote training or troubleshooting (at least not in our current deployment).
Read Relton McBurrows's full review
Ralph Haney profile photo

"ConnectWise Control Review"

The IT department uses this platform every day to support local and remote users on both Windows and Mac computers (and servers).
  • Fast connection, stable and feature-rich tools.
  • Reboot and connect automatically, even in safe mode.
  • Blackout remote screen and block input during the session.
  • Dual screen support but can zoom to either for clarity.
  • Access remote hosts without user interaction.
  • Push command line entries without user interaction.
  • Not much missing! Maybe real-time zoom into the remote screens?
Remote Sales team support: perfect solution, works great and it is fast, no matter the distance. The remote host client applet that is installed allows us to connect fast and easily.

It's less appropriate for servers but used as an alternate option (backdoor) to RDP sessions.
Read Ralph Haney's full review
Jamie Boland profile photo
April 11, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "ConnectWise is a vital part of our IT support team."

Our company supports over 80 customers globally across the retail sector with over 600 machines. Due to the nature of our customers' businesses any downtime can be critical and so needs to be kept to a minimum. We need to quickly and effectively remotely diagnose an issue or connect and control a machine at any time. We have used other more expensive applications before ConnectWise and none have been anywhere near as flexible or function rich. We often require multiple agents to connect simultaneously to 1 machine, send commands or transfer files. We have simple overview details of the machine's specifications and status of their internet connectivity. These functions alone allow us to resolve 15% of logged support calls, without an agent needing to remotely connect.
  • User profile flexibility. We can set individual users' level of access rights and what machines they can see.
  • Each agent can access multiple machines at a time and also share access to the same machine.
  • Access logs. We can review who accessed what machine when and also if internet access failed.
  • Organise machines using tags to group effectively.
  • I would like to see increased reporting such as report of activity by agent rather than endpoint machine.
  • Thumb nail expansion would be handy.
ConnectWise allows us to address multiple machines at once which is huge for reducing customer downtime.
Read Jamie Boland's full review
Jim Rosemary profile photo
April 10, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "Not sure what you're going to glean from this."

We use ConnectWise Control to support users, primarily in helping set up e-mail and diagnose e-mail issues.
  • Easy and reliable connection. We previously used Join.me and found that users were having an increasingly difficult time following the process to use it. With ConnectWise Control, it works easily 98% of the time.
  • I like the fact that I can reboot the remote computer and still maintain my session.
  • Being able to switch between user screens in a multi-screen environment is valuable.
  • I can't think of anything I would change or add.
Small IT companies who provide managed services or remote support would benefit from this tool. Not so much for companies who simply want to screenshare for presentation purposes.
Read Jim Rosemary's full review
Judah Zelik profile photo
April 05, 2019

Review: "The advantages (and few disadvantages) of ConnectWise Control"

We have several large customers with many clients. We use ConnectWise Control almost across the board, connecting to close to 1000 computers.
  • Very simple to connect. The search for computers is great. You search by computer name, last login name, or public IP. Even the word 'server' will bring up all the servers.
  • There is a huge amount of functionality but many functions are only available with lots of training. Certain points should be easier to manage with just clicks of buttons. For example, by default printers are shared which IMHO the default should be off but there should be an easy option.
  • Sometimes, when copying files to/from a session, it stops working for no apparent reason. Also, the keyboard sometimes will start acting weird like not accepting certain keys or let them combine them with a function key. (These might be more bugs than cons)
Using ConnectWise Control turns our focus back to actually diagnosing the computer issue rather than finding ways to either connect or to explain to the end user how to do things while they relay to you what they see on the screen.
ConnectWise even allows us to wake a sleeping computer if there is any other computer on the network that is awake.
We use other control functions quite regularly like chat, commands, and the toolbox which come in very handy.
Read Judah Zelik's full review
Michael Watchorn profile photo
April 05, 2019

ConnectWise Control Review: "A Happy Decision"

ConnectWise is used by our support team to debug issues around the world. ConnectWise allows us to save on travel costs, and response times are improved. We can connect to computers anywhere in the world, and be investigating the problem within moments. We especially like that the quality of the connection can be adjusted to make the system more responsive for slow links, and we like that files can be transferred if needed.
  • Provides adjustable bandwidth usage, for high latency connections.
  • SIMPLE to use! I love how easy it is to set up a new end-user, or unattended access point.
  • Reasonably flexible subscription options. Pricing is not outrageous. Switching over to ScreenConnect/ConnectWise Control dropped our remote access costs by 50%!
  • Allows multiple technicians to see the same remote computer concurrently! Really useful for work where tech 1 gets stuck, and brings in another.
  • There's a fairly steep jump in cost from the ONE package to the STANDARD package. Some more levels may (depending on how they were setup) provide a middle stepping stones.
  • I have yet to see a log file indicating why an agent can't connect to the server. Further self-diagnostics that would get logged would be really helpful (so I don't need to install Wireshark). Throwing our headless PC into another company's network doesn't always go smoothly and diagnosing the issues can be difficult.
  • It would be nice if I could share my technician screen with the person on the far end. I can send them screenshots, but that's a tedious process. It would be great if I could stream a specific region of my screen to show the person requesting assistance the process I want them to follow.
ConnectWise is great to access remote computers and the agent installation is a breeze. I haven't come across any "less appropriate" scenarios yet. It may be a problem if some remote sites have special firewall rules in place. So far ConnectWise Control has been better than other systems we tried when stuck behind other firewalls. ConnectWise allowed us to provide remote assistance when our prior remote assistance program failed due to firewalls.

I HAVE had to disable anti-virus on one user's computer for ConnectWise to work. I also noticed that some administrative features are blocked from the application, even when I sign in with a user with sufficient privileges. The system knows that a remote access tool is being used and blocks access. However normally ConnectWise provides better access than Remote Desktop Connection (which I find surprising).

ConnectWise also allows you to reconnect automatically when the remote computer reboots, allowing the tech to make changes and reboot, and maintain the connection after the reboot.

Read Michael Watchorn's full review
Jonathan Hozeska profile photo
April 04, 2019

Review: "ConnectWise Control is the single most effective support tool we use."

ScreenConnect (now ConnectWise Control) has been our front line method of customer support for over five years. It saves dozens of hours in drive time each week, extends our support radius by hundreds of miles and reduces our time to respond to our clients to minutes.
  • Provides the personal service touch.
  • The completely browser based access allows flexible access through nearly any firewall security.
  • Extensive background access to the operating system and remote computer information.
  • The software has very few limitations as it is, but I am not in favor of the possibility of removing on-premises licensing.
ScreenConnect (now ConnectWise Control) is an excellent tool for remote, unattended management of our client desktops and servers. We have tested every other competitor as they have come and gone but this remains the best value and performance. And, actually, we haven't found any competitor better regardless of the price.
Read Jonathan Hozeska's full review
Mike Vaughan profile photo
November 27, 2018

ConnectWise Control Review: "ConnectSmooth Not Lagged"

We use ConnnectWise Control / ScreenConnect on all of our client machines for remote desktop access and management. It enables us to address user machines and servers directly without any fuss as well as see configuration and software info using some of the free plug-ins provided.
  • The number one reason we use CWC is due to its ability to stay connected fluidly and quickly. I can hop in/out of a desktop in a second or two, whereas other remote software tends to be slow to connect or loses mouse tracking and clicks.
  • Its support for multiple monitors is also the best I've seen implemented. A triple monitor setup is not an issue. You can view all three in one window, or control click each individual monitor and assign a full size window to each of your monitors.
  • The free plugins available are also a big help. The ability to run commands remotely as well as start/stop services, kill processes, uninstall software, wake machines, chat with the user and record the session is nice, especially since the web interface tends to be quite responsive.
  • Pricing is good even if you are a single technician. You don't pay per machine unless you specifically want to.
  • If CWC integrated with more RMM software other than LabTech it would be great as LabTech is way too expensive and convoluted at this point so we discontinued using it in favor of a simpler and much less expensive option.
  • Though it does support multiple monitors well, it would be nice to have the ability to have it automatically pop each remote monitor out to the local monitors if so desired.
  • Right now it uses email for multifactor authentication, I would rather it use an electronic key that can be stored on cell phone or user desktop.
  • The ability for it to automatically login to a Windows desktop would be a big help as well. It will store a username and password but you must manually send a control-alt-delete and then click a button to have it fill. Tying to something like Lastpass along with an autologin feature would be great.
ConnectWise Control is great when you need to see the desktop to get a handle on a problem.

ConnectWise Control is not great for running remote commands or for scripting. Though it will process commands, you would not want to try and push out software to dozens/hundreds of machines using it.
Read Mike Vaughan's full review

Screen sharing (535)
File transfer (507)
Instant message (448)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (70)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (281)
Over-the-Internet remote session (541)
Initiate remote control from mobile (345)
Remote management of servers & workstations (465)
Remote Active Directory® management (154)
Centralized management dashboard (432)
Session record (280)
Annotations (234)
Monitoring and Alerts (166)
Multi-platform remote control (360)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Video

ConnectWise Control Demo

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, RescueAssist, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes