ConnectWise Control Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Ryan Timmons profile photo
We use Screen Connect to remotely access every computer across all our business entities and customer networks. It allows us to easily remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on pretty much every end-user device anywhere in the world.
  • The connections are reliable and smooth.
  • Transferring and receiving files from remote computers is straightforward and typically works perfectly.
  • Running commands from the dashboard without needing to connect to an end-user machine means we can easily run one-off commands without impacting workflows!
  • The access side of Screen Connect doesn't organize computers very well, you can give them essentially a tag or create groups based on SQL-like expressions, but it's a bit awkward, I'm not sure what the best way to improve that would be. Perhaps adding another tab that automatically sorts them by domain or IP range?
  • The remote computer HAS to have a monitor attached or the connection will display a black screen, generally, this isn't an issue but it means that you cannot remotely administer headless servers very well.
  • By default when you connect to a remote machine it throws all of your printers on that machine, some programs (particularly older ones) don't like that. If we could choose just one printer to send to (or none) when we want (like a button in the toolbar to send printers) that would solve that issue. Currently, the only way to fix this is to disable sending printers entirely
  • The licenses are locked using some form of a per-machine link, so if you have one license as we do and accidentally leave a connection on when you head out of the office you can not use Connectwise until you manage to close that connection. I've limited connections to two hours to automatically end them but this is still a real problem. There should be some way to end a connection from the dashboard to free up licenses.
  • The toolbox is a bit awkward and doesn't seem to work well, but that might be me not doing something right
Screen connect is a very good tool for remote support and works extremely well most of the time. I use it for consistent access to in-house and client computers and as immediate support for call-ins that we don't necessarily have set up with 24/7 connections. It lacks in a few quality of life areas such as the connection groupings and is missing a few key elements that would help with specific scenarios, such as being able to end active connections from the dashboard or being able to remotely control headless machines.
Read Ryan Timmons's full review
Charlie Stamp profile photo
We use ConnectWise Control to support our clients who use our software across the US and Canada. Any time a simple screenshot isn't enough we need a live session. One thing we really love is that a tier 1 support agent can work directly with the customer, and when they get a session started, we can get in and look at it from an IT perspective without the customer feeling like they are being passed around.
  • Sharing sessions with other techs.
  • Cross-platform support.
  • Connection logging.
  • Hostpass is awesome.
  • Java, but there are only so many ways to provide cross-platform without driving up the cost.
  • No recorded session for hosted version.
It just works. We used to use a different product, but it was more expensive and would often confuse either support staff of the client. ConnectWise Control doesn't need to be installed either for a simple support session.
Read Charlie Stamp's full review
Ronald Kent profile photo
I have used Connectwise as a remote access point from a home office. I am the sole user.
  • It is easy to access my office computer remotely.
  • Connection is quick.
  • Graphics are easy to read.
  • While the graphics are easy to read, both screens appear on my remote notebook.
  • Having two screens rather than one makes it difficult to read (small print).
  • It would be nice to be able to switch from one screen to another with a full-screen readout on the remote notebook.
I only use it for remoting in to gather data and update Excel spreadsheets.
Read Ronald Kent's full review
Anthony Osuna profile photo
We use ConnectWise to connect with our customers. We use it primarily to quickly help customers when an issue arise in their software program. We also use it after a customer purchases our product for training.
  • Quickly connect to a customer's computer
  • Take screenshots and record a video of our session
  • Allows us to take control of the customer's computer when needed
  • It is difficult for Apple users to connect
ConnectWise Control is the easiest way to connect with our customers. It is simple to use and allows for multiple sets of eyes to look in and help. It is also a great way to have our customers connect with us to see our screen for training. The ability to actually connect with a customer's screen can help us solve a problem in just a few minutes. It takes the guesswork out of trying to understand what the customer is dealing with by visually seeing what the customer is doing and help them.
Read Anthony Osuna's full review
Randal Jorgensen profile photo
I use ConnectWise Control to connect to my client servers and PCs to assist with remote system and network management. ConnectWise Control allows me to connect remotely to these systems, with good performance at a reasonable price. Previous applications that I used (e.g. LogMeIn) continued to increase greatly in price to the point where they were uneconomical.
  • Quick connection to remote PCs and Servers
  • Easy to Use interface
  • Ability to set up users with access to specific PCs
  • Set up of users to restrict them to specific PCs could be a little easier
ConnectWise Control is well suited to unattended access to PCs. I only use the Unattended access version. It would be nice to have ad-hoc control and a greater number of users, but the price becomes prohibitive.
Read Randal Jorgensen's full review
Patrick Logan profile photo
Seltek uses ConnectWise Control to access our clients' computers. It has been an invaluable tool for allowing Seltek to provide remote support to our clients. Not only does ConnectWise Control allow us to provide remote support, but is also allows us to gather information from the installed computers like hardware information and installed software. It also allows multiple technicians to connect to the same computer to collaborate on client problems.
  • Allow remote control for clients computers
  • Report creation
  • Capture of hardware and software
  • Support for Apple computers
  • Two Factor Authentication
ConnectWise Control is well suited for remote support of our clients computers. It does not work well when the remote computer you want to access is an Apple computer.
Read Patrick Logan's full review
Filmore Thomas III profile photo
ConnectWise Control is being used by OneGeek, LLC to monitor our servers and customer environments. We use the product to provide remote support and do file transfers to servers and workstations. I like the fact that I can install software remotely and look at the event viewer and monitor other services that are running. Very good remote tool.
  • Best remote control software with plenty of options.
  • Add-ons are very helpful.
  • File transfer is robust.
  • I would like to see better support for the IOS platform.
  • I would like to have more RMM features.
ConnectWise Control is well suited for connecting to friends, family, work or school computers and laptops to connect and offer assistance to those in need whether it's to install software, or just to see how an application works. However, it isn't well suited for iPad tablets and its functionality in such a format is marginal at best.
Read Filmore Thomas III's full review
Ellen Kovacs profile photo
I own my own computer repair business. I find it useful in implementing remote support for the convenience of the customer. Many customers find it more convenient to say "Can you just log in and fix my problem?" This way, they don't have to set up for me to make the trip on site.
  • Ease of use. Just email the customer the customized link to set up the login session. No fumbling with the user having to type the link in the address bar.
  • Great outlook integration to email link.
  • Simple installation of the client software.
  • Easy file transfer.
  • Stores tools I commonly use to transfer immediately onto the user's computer.
  • When the client downloads to the user's computer, many times there's a "can harm this computer" warning, which can deter the user.
  • The "pre" join chat plugin could be more user-friendly for the user. This would make it easier to communicate with the user, even if you are already on the phone with the customer.
  • Could benefit from video chat during the login session.
A scenario that is well suited for ConnectWise Control is when there's a quick fix solution to an issue the user is having. This avoids having to drive on site. A scenario that is less appropriate is when there's a poor connection, and the user is having issues retaining an Internet connection.
Read Ellen Kovacs's full review
Kevin Ritchey profile photo
We support over a hundred PCs and Macs with a two-man help desk using ConnectWise Control. There are solutions with many more features, but ConnectWise Control has the features we need without encumbering our staff with dozens of features we'd never need or use. The program is lightweight, and there are agents for Windows and Mac as well as a control program for Windows and Mac.
  • Has great ease of connection.
  • Provides CLI access with routines.
  • You can leave notes for other support staff.
  • Organization by the client.
  • There are times when the Mac Agent doesn't allow the use of the keyboard and mouse. Once the user allows ConnectWise Control to control the computer, this is not an issue.
  • You have to connect to use routines.
  • There's no easy ability to run a reverse tunnel ssh to Mac and Linux agents.
ConnectWise Control is particularly suited for supporting a distributed workforce. When the user connects to a support session, the technician can install a permanent agent on the laptop if appropriate. This saves the end user from having to open a browser and enter a code every time support is needed. When multiple technicians are supporting a distributed workforce, it's convenient to have notes tied to the laptop instead of the ticket. E.g. in an office there may be one printer, one IP address configuration, and one scanner. But with remote workers, there may be several different peripherals and configurations and notes tied to the laptop. Notes tied to the asset with dates is helpful and doesn't require too much overhead.
Read Kevin Ritchey's full review
Matt Winyard profile photo
ConnectWise Control is used to solve both problems with computers, for example, software issues. Other uses include technical help for people around the office and aiding others to understand and support ability with software use.
I can offer support to users very quickly and effectively from within the company and outside of the company. ConnectWise offers incredible flexibility within our organization, and is considered to be one of the best support tools we have available.
  • Lightweight. The software installation takes up very little space and has very little hardware impact.
  • It's easy to use, very easy to access users' computers, and the features are absolutely amazing.
  • It's stable. We've never had an issue since we started using ConnectWise Control within our organization.
  • I would like the ability, when transferring files, to utilize a local network instead of using the internet. This can have an impact on time.
  • I would like to be able to use dual monitor support for when I access users with multiple screens.
  • I would like alerts on software crashes/unexpected crashes to problem-solve more effectively.
ConnectWise Control is amazingly well suited within our organization. I utilize around 90% of the features available and do not really have any problems using it.
Read Matt Winyard's full review
Rob Rotundo profile photo
This program allows us to remotely resolve issues without having to roll a tech on site. This saves us valuable time and money. It's also built in to ConnectWise so it's easy to integrate and connect right to our customer's computers.
  • Quickly connects to customer computers without too much trouble from the customer's end.
  • Allows us to control UAC.
  • Allows us to transfer files and remotely reboot and reconnect to their machines without having to start the process over.
  • Sometimes getting control over UAC is cumbersome.
  • Random issues connecting to macs.
  • File transfer could be easier.
ConnectWise Control is good for customers who aren't close. Allows us to connect to multiple customers at the same time allowing us to multi-task. Not always the best option for macs or people having connectivity issues.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Todd Singleton profile photo
We first got this from the original developer's outfit, Elsinor Technologies, before Connectwise purchased ScreenConnect. In fact, we still call it "ScreenConnect" internally. It's being used on 4 admin/support seats with a supported client base of about 190 internal users/systems nationwide. We run our own server instance internally, with external DNS entries to run it from anywhere using port address translation. It provides us with remote control capability to workstations, and a limited but often useful software and hardware resource inventory.
  • Remote desktop support.
  • Issuing command line entries to the remote workstation.
  • Looking at running processes on the remote workstation.
  • Looking at running services on the remote workstation.
  • Pushing files to the remote workstation through the console to perform administrative level installations.
  • Provides the ability to restart and reconnect to the remote workstation administratively without user intervention.
  • Allows a remote change of the user logged into the remote workstation without session interruption.
  • Reverse display control outside of "meetings" (allowing the remote workstation to see the technician's desktop during a session) would be nice.
  • A little better and easier branding of the landing interface.
  • Easier push distribution of new/updated client builds.
ConnectWise Control is well suited for anywhere remote desktop support is required. It's less suited for hosting remote meetings, such as when video conferencing is required. However, I don't believe this is a core purpose of Connectwise Control, therefore, it performs its primary function, remote user support, exceedingly well.
Read Todd Singleton's full review
Luke Ephraums profile photo
We use ConnectWise Control primarily for remote access and monitoring of our client's networks. It allows us to easily support over 150 seats and growing. We use it on a daily basis and frankly couldn't live without it.
  • Very easy to deploy and update.
  • Cloud-based means easy access and management from around the world.
  • Large range of extensions allows you to customize your functionality.
  • Speed issues in certain circumstances.
  • Mobile client needs to support email address login.
If you require remote access and monitoring of a large endpoint base, ConnectWise Control is excellent and a great value for money.
Read Luke Ephraums's full review
Sebastien Lachat profile photo
I am the IT admin of the company. We have 6 office locations and this helps me connect to users that have problems or computers that I need to update.
  • Easy to setup
  • Lots of features
  • Can connect from anywhere, not computer or installation dependent.
  • None
  • It does everything I want.
I can't give a scenario where it is less appropriate, no idea what that means. All I know is that it does all I want it to do to access and connect to remote computers throughout the company and its branches.
Read Sebastien Lachat's full review
Joe Hurst profile photo
We use ConnectWise Control primarily to support our remote staff. We have a small IT staff & this is invaluable to be able to log on to those remote machines & troubleshoot issues and even train users how to do things. Having an agent preinstalled allows us to do this without having to send out email invites each time; each machine is pre-setup in the system.
  • Ease of use
  • Lots of features
  • Granular control
  • Some administrative features are not intuitive
  • Default color scheme hid controls for me
  • Provide more examples in documentation of features
It works well for supporting remote users when you can install the agent on the machine before you deploy it, so you don't have to send out an email invitation each time to the user. However, that option is available to use when necessary. I haven't found a scenario yet (within the scope of how we use it) where this is not a good fit.
Read Joe Hurst's full review
Dustyn Iwamoto profile photo
We use it to remote into systems and support our clients. It is by far the best remote access tool I’ve ever used. It’s quick to install, quick to connect, and quick to remove as well. It also tends to work better across slower connections which is valuable as out in Hawaii, we don’t have the fastest speeds.
  • Fast - install, removal, connection
  • Light - doesn’t kill system resources, small install package
  • Simple setup
  • Command prompt emulator is trash. It executes commands but if that command returns a prompt, it cannot handle that. So you have to include responses to the prompts in the initial command.
  • UI on the website could use work. Things like groups not automatically reordering by alphabetical order, separation of servers and workstations, etc.
  • Wish the agents could be renamed easier...in add/remove the default creates a install of agent2848399374773...so if another company and I both use screenconnect, it makes it hard to determine whose software is what.
Really great for a light remote access tool. However, if you need a more advanced feature or monitored aspects, then this product will not provide that. We use it during system assessments when we don’t want to install our full RMM agent. It is also well suited to project work that requires constant connecting and disconnecting from multiple devices throughout the project.
Read Dustyn Iwamoto's full review
Scott Trautwein profile photo
We use ConnectWise Control for remote support to 250 Windows desktops in our district. It allows us to support users from our desk without having to walk/drive to each individual workstation. We can also remote into desktops to perform maintenance and updates after hours.
  • Easy to install and works well.
  • Cloud-based platform is very stable, has never been down for us.
  • Has advanced scripts that it can run.
  • Since it is cloud-based, there is sometimes a delay when connecting. Once connected, it resolves itself.
Anyone who needs to perform remote support to Windows users and wants a cloud-hosted solution that just works should definitely go with ConnectWise Control.
Read Scott Trautwein's full review
Josh Ryan profile photo
We use ConnectWise Control to support users on and off the company network, at trade events and at home for troubleshooting issues, for general set up, and for adding software and devices to machines. We use it for any other action that requires us to interact with a user account and not RDP in over them, such as setting up drives and changing printer settings.
  • Access is through a small app that can be pre-installed on company machines, so the user does not need to interact at all other than to request support in the first place. The ability to connect without requiring user input is huge.
  • Connecting to a machine for the first time when you do not have access installed is a simple process and the easiest one I've found so far for users to do.
  • I can see UAC prompts.
  • Organizing connected machines is very easy.
  • Removing decommissioned machines could be more intuitive.
  • Settings per organizational unit would be good too. If they are there I still need to find them.
  • The ability to choose different color schemes.
It's the easiest support option I've ever found for users to deal with. The messaging is great and it's low-resource.
Read Josh Ryan's full review
Rob Boon profile photo
June 20, 2019

Remote support

I use ScreenConnect to connect to people I am mentoring in the bookkeeping and accounting space to solve accounting and record-keeping problems. It is used to provide training, demonstrations, and discussions around systems where screen sharing is essential.
  • The ability to swap seamlessly between my local and the remote screen is invaluable.
  • The ability to allow at the click of a button the remote user access to the local keyboard and mouse is also useful.
  • The ability to choose which screen to share, or all screens can also be helpful.
  • The ability to select sharing of multiple screens without sharing all screens or just one.
These have already been provided in previous questions.
Read Rob Boon's full review
Aaron StPierre profile photo
We currently use ConntectWise Control both internally to access remote system and also externally to access client systems. ConnectWise Control allows our team members to be anywhere in the world and still access their systems.
  • Remote Access
  • Quick Remote Support
  • Meetings
  • None to note
The software is perfect for remote access. It provides a system administrator all of the tools she/he will need in order to properly manage systems!
Read Aaron StPierre's full review
Matt Lee profile photo
We use it to manage all of our client machines from a remote perspective. We are a continuum partner but find LogMeIn to not be good enough at scale as it is much slower than ConnectWise Control.
  • Collaboration by multiple peers in the same session
  • Speed of play
  • Regular updates and improvements in security
  • Better support for locking servers when disconnected, but not workstations
  • Better security and definitely scalability
In almost all scenarios, ConnectWise Control beats the competition. It's not great for granular permission management in dynamically changing environments. It would be great if we had the ability to resell this product and manage it from a hierarchical manner. Would make it easier to sell to end users for remote access instead of any RDP or VPN.
Read Matt Lee's full review
chris burt profile photo
June 07, 2019

ConnectWise Review

ConnectWise is being used to remotely connect to clients' PCs/laptops in order to fix issues remotely. This is also used to connect to our servers and to check on them if issues arise. By using ConnectWise this stops us from having to send an engineer on site each time that there is an issue on the client's site.
  • It is easy for a client to get set up in a remote session.
  • Unattended access allows us to get connected to the servers without any interaction.
  • The presenter mode is good if you are wanting to talk a colleague through doing something.
  • Allow to you to elevate your permissions so that you are able to enter passwords for UAC
It is really easy for us to direct end users to the website and to set up the remote session in order for us to look at the issues that they are currently experiencing and because of this it allows us to fix issues a lot more quickly without going on site.
Read chris burt's full review
Sergio Nora profile photo
We use ScreenConnect on a daily basis. We remotely work and fix issues for our customers, we check backups on the servers and fix quickly about 95% of the customers' tickets. It's stable, fast, with a lot of great tools, we can't work without it, it's really a good product to use.
  • Remotely fix issues on the customers' PCs.
  • Work everywhere.
  • Gain unattended access.
  • A stand-alone tool for remote access like TeamViewer
  • A console for all the customers
  • Share session with someone outside the company for over 30 days
I think Connectwise Control is perfect for someone who needs tools for remote support, presentations, MSP and IT. Every company should take a look because for us it is better than TeamViewer and cheaper too. It's not ideal if you plan to use it for meetings, because it has this feature, but it's not strong like other options.
Read Sergio Nora's full review
Brian Marshall profile photo
Connectwise Control allows our company to remote access client's workstations and servers hassle free.
  • You can set up your client's server with ConnectWise Control, so if you need access its just a matter of a couple of clicks.
  • For our business needs and usage, the software does all we need it to do.
For the SMB market place, Connectwise Control works very well and the cost is also within budget.
Read Brian Marshall's full review
We use screenconnect across our entire organization, it's a great product for remote access and support. Techs in all of our departments utilize it to assist customers remotely. From obtaining, and maintaining remote access to servers and workstations, to one-time access support for a customer that just needs a print driver installed - ScreenConnect makes the process painless from start to finish for our techs and our customers.
  • ScreenConnect offers more features out of the box than many of its competitors.
  • The database structure of the software allows far more configuration than many of the other applications I've used.
  • It makes end user support more streamlined by giving our users easier access to the remote program.
  • I'd like to see more support for older, or more obscure operating systems. We still have clients running XP or Server 2003 and it's a bit of trouble to get the client working, but really it would be more ideal if our clients just upgraded, but that's not always an option.
  • It would be nice if there was some tie into a phone system so it could be used for conference purposes. Being able to give my participants a number to call into and join my meeting hosted on screenconnect [would be great].
  • Not asking for confirmation before ending a persistent remote session. I personally have accidentally ended a few sessions I wish I hadn't and having a confirmation would be useful. But otherwise it's a wonderful application.
We've worked with quite a few remote access and support applications, and screenconnect has by far been our favorite. It makes supporting end users more convenient and is far more feature packed. I haven't found a solution where it hasn't been the most appropriate application for my needs. As screen connect transitioned to ConnectWise, ease of use has only gotten better. It's streamlined our remote access process.

Screen sharing (568)
File transfer (541)
Instant message (477)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (72)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (294)
Over-the-Internet remote session (574)
Initiate remote control from mobile (366)
Remote management of servers & workstations (491)
Remote Active Directory® management (161)
Centralized management dashboard (456)
Session record (295)
Annotations (248)
Monitoring and Alerts (176)
Multi-platform remote control (378)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, RescueAssist, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes