Overall Satisfaction with SAP Cloud Platform
We use the SAP Cloud Platform "Portal" functionality with our European business. We also just started to use CPI for integration purposes.
- Offers many functions under one umbrella.
- It solved our problem of delivering a consistent look and feel for our customer/partner portal.
- It can do better on availability.
- If some advance notification can be provided on security patching plans, then we can be better prepared. Recently a security patch on the platform killed some function on our portal that used some older protocols - we couldn't test these as we didn't see the patch coming to avert this outage.
- We have an enterprise license so the options available are great. However, we are only using a very small fraction of our current subscription.
- The skills required for deployments are still quite niche and hard to find.
Yes, we are deploying interfaces using CPI to integrate our GEMS (Oracle HR product SaaS) with our GRC SAP on-premise systems. These are still early days but the results look promising. We're happy so far, and will soon start migrating from PI to CPI where suitable and also planning on API management.
Fantastic capability. We did a PoC of an app developed on SAP Cloud Platform that leverages HANA native PAL capabilities and also R libraries to solve some problems using ML capabilities. Another PoC (Meter Read App) we developed was using image recognition capabilities leveraging Google libraries and data staged on a Hana DB. Very happy. We are already working on live deployment of this.
Azure, SFDC, ServiceNow etc. are used by another part of the business.
Well suited for cloud based apps. Not very well suited for hybrid deployments.