SAP Leonardo IoT Review
September 25, 2019
SAP Leonardo IoT Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Leonardo IoT
We're using SAP Leonardo IoT in-house right now to help with a virtual factory scenario. We are trying to use IoT devices and incorporate them with machine learning so that we can show our clients if their machines are in need of repair or maintenance. By integrating SAP IoT, we are hoping to send real-time data to our servers so that our clients have just-in-time updates on their machines.
- It addresses the need for specific, real-time data that is output by the machines. This is very handy if you need data fast.
- It is able to be integrated with many different platforms, which is really good for customization.
- It's easy to implement in your current landscape, which provides less stress for your organization.
- It is sometimes confusing to navigate the portal where IoT resides. It is not super clear all of the time where to go to find certain tabs, like tenants, etc.
- It sometimes feels like there should be more within the platform, but it feels like things are missing (or just hard to find).
- Personally I wouldn't know the specifics because my position doesn't have a lot to do with the finances of the company.
Although with Hyperledger Fabric you can integrate some IoT devices, SAP IoT has a way better and more standardized GUI that really helps with efficiency. It is really hard with Hyperledger Fabric to navigate through a Linux terminal if you've never used bash. However, with SAP IoT the portal is pretty easy to navigate and understand. All the user has to do is know the higher-level design behind their IoT devices so that they can correctly implement them.
Multiple times I have gone to support.sap.com to either find answers to my questions or to talk to customer service about how to go about doing a certain thing. With both scenarios, I have found my answers quickly and efficiently and have had great customer service.
Do you think SAP Leonardo IoT delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP Leonardo IoT's feature set?
Did SAP Leonardo IoT live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SAP Leonardo IoT go as expected?
Would you buy SAP Leonardo IoT again?
I feel like in the production environment or on a manufacturing line, SAP Leonardo IoT is well suited,\ because it can provide your client with specific, real-time data that can add business value to your company. Either by knowing if machines are broken, or if you see improved efficiency, there are scenarios where SAP IoT can certainly help your business add automation and therefore increase your company's value proposition.