Overall Satisfaction with Selenium
Selenium has proven to be a great tool within the software development cycle, specifically in the testing phase. We use Selenium in testing our front-end, client facing site. Our use spans from automating the placement of an order to ensuring the site is reachable and functional. We currently use Selenium in our QA/DevOps department. Selenium is a supplemental tool to our testing efforts and site monitoring.
- Selenium is great at automating front-end browser testing.
- Selenium supports most -- if not all -- browsers and operating systems.
- Selenium has a concept of a grid in which you are able to run your test on remote machines running the application.
- Selenium isn't the best tool for load testing.
- The overall monetary ROI on Selenium has been positive in that it's an open source application.
- Selenium has improved our ability to test front-end functionality in a timely manner.
- Selenium has improved our speed in pin pointing servers that may be down by running tests every minute which directly target each of our web servers.