Great monitoring tool!
December 18, 2020
Great monitoring tool!
Engineer in Information TechnologyTelecommunications Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset
We use [SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset] on a regular basis to monitor our production database servers. It helps to identify issues, sends alerts and allows to see the historical data up to 2 weeks, which is helpful when you have to research the blocking that happened off hours. The monitoring system is very robust and useful in many ways. Also helps to tune the queries and monitor the instances. Highly recommended tool.
- Various monitoring
- Stores history
- Suggests indices
- Helps to find the SQL query text
- Helps to see what machines/users the bad queries are coming from
- Shows current blocking session
- Navigation could be better
- Please, create the favorite instances links, custom made, that i can create for myself (for those servers that i check the most)
- Create RDP button, so i can connect to the instance from the monitoring page
- Over 100 production database servers are being monitored
- Detailed time slice history logs are being kept for at least 2 weeks, very helpful for researching
- I'm an end user, don't have the business numbers
Because it's a great tool. Very useful, convenient and reliant, We use it to monitor out production servers and it works just great. I use it pretty much every day, and it is very good monitoring system, that allows proactively troubleshoot certain areas, because you can see the patterns in the systems usage and load.
Do you think SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset's feature set?
Did SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset again?
[SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset is] a great tool for monitoring database servers, highly recommended. The very good thing is that it keeps the history for two weeks, and you can see the time slice for all the server activities. Helps a lot to identify the memory and CPU bottlenecks, research blocking issues and kill the sessions, if necessary.