Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Review: "Database performance monitoring made easy"
- Setup is simple and you start getting meaningful data immediately.
- The interface is intuitive and it is easy to drill down into more specific detail. Every section has all the information you need on that page so you can see at a glance how everything correlates.
- The integration with other Solarwinds monitoring tools are especially helpful and gives you a much broader look at your entire environment.
- I have yet to find any data that I cannot see or any database related problem this has not helped resolve.
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server is well suited for environments that are mixed in nature. Environments where servers are on premises, virtual and cloud work well with this monitoring software.
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server is less appropriate for environments with few DBAs as the information that is provided needs DBAs for corrective actions to be taken.
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Review: "SolarWinds DPA for DBAs!!! Working Smarter, Not Harder!"
- Being able to analyze a query performance over time is a great asset. It helps us to identify certain bottlenecks or issues that occur during certain points in time and compare it to a baseline that tells us if there is an issue.
- The alerts that you are able to generate are also a huge help. they have a lot of great predefined alerts for general issues, but the ability to create your own alerts is a huge benefit.
- DPA allows you to drill directly to poor performing queries that the tool has identified and allows you to see all the important metrics in one screen. Being able to see the number of executions, memory and CPU consumed along with blocking allows you to identify and correct poor performing queries much more efficiently and reduces research time.
- It would be nice to have a separate dashboard that allows to see job performances over time (trends and summary)
- It would be nice to have a separate dashboard that allows us to create traces on the fly based on findings from DPA
- It would be nice to have a way capture parameter values passed to procs during a time period or that failed or returned an error.
However, trying to troubleshoot specific issues with a certain execution due to bad data, is not possible. It captures execution plans but not the actual values being passed in so trying to identify the bad data is still a manual and time consuming process. If the tool could capture the passed-in values to a query execution that failed, that would make it tremendously helpful.
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Review: "Great tool for long term query performance monitoring."
- There isn't a better tool for analyzing wait stats on a server.
- Very light weight when monitoring servers.
- Not a good operational monitoring tool, especially if going cross domain to untrusted domains.
- Disk resources are lacking ability to watch mount points and other disks without customization. This becomes challenging as the environment grows past 10-15 machines.
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Review: "Solarwinds DPA - Tools to help your DBA"
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server
Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server Technical Details