August 07, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SpiraTest
SpiraTest has a simple easy and intuitive user interface. I like how the testing requirements are organized much like a project plan work breakdown structure; this makes it very simple for the rest of the organization to use the tool. Being able to assign out test cases to specific users is very valuable and allows us to test with actual end users rather than have IT test everything; this gives us a great tool to solicit feedback on what is about to be rolled out and helps manage the expectations with the end user base. With the pricing being so competitive we can allocate enough licenses to any user we would like. While there are other test tracking tools out there they took numerous hours to build them into a model that would function like SpiraTest.
- Easily manages testing requirements.
- Easily manage users and roles.
- Great out of the box reporting for test cases and bugs.
- Training can be difficult to find at times.
- Basic reporting can become very verbose unless you set lots of filters and parameters.
- The ability to customize some of the verbiage in the application would help bridge the gap between translating what SpiraTest's testing terminology is and the company culture uses for testing terminology.
- SpiraTest helps IT manage end users' expectations with new software and functionality.