October 12, 2015
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Symantec
We use both SMP 7.6 and DS6.9 (currently reviewing the suitability of GSS3.0). These products combined allow us to manage the OS deployment, software deployment and critical patching of over 3000 endpoints. Coming from a Microsoft background and having used other third party solutions I am impressed by how feature rich these products are; although SMP 7.6 suffers somewhat in terms of stability it's vastly improved in the short time I have used it and I expect it to continue to do so in the future.
- Software deployment through policy
- Engage with customers for feedback
- Understands the future needs of customers
- Interface design - slow and clunky move away from Microsoft only browser support used html5
- Global rules for software policies so they can be reused easily
- Better tools for cloning policies
The decision to use Symantec was not my own but I believe it competes well against other products such as SCCM offering more features.