Review of Tableau Online
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Online
- Tableau Online handle the security areas very well for Operational security, User security, Data security, Network security and Application security.
- Tableau Online infrastructure performs regular maintenance to ensure system stability, security, and performance. The data centers are equipped with fire suppression and other monitoring systems designed to detect environmental issues and respond to them before they cause an outage.
- Tableau Online backup media is encrypted and always maintained in a secured facility. Disk-based backups are stored in secured data center facilities. Backups made to external backup providers are encrypted in transit and in storage. Only approved system administrators have access to backups.
- Data blending has some limitations regarding non-additive aggregates such as COUNTD, MEDIAN, and RAWSQLAGG. Non-additive aggregates are aggregate functions that produce results that cannot be aggregated along a dimension. Instead, the values have to be calculated individually.
- Tableau only shows the values that are represented in your data. If your data does not contain the complete range of values, the missing values will not be shown. For example, Sales Data for January to July and November through December. If there was no data recorded for August to November and if a line chart is created in Tableau, the missing months will not be shown. An option is to show the missing months to make it clear that there was no data recorded during that time.
- Null values can sometimes appear in place of the data you want in the view when you use data blending.
In Tableau Online, you set content permissions to specify who is allowed to work with which content resources on a particular site. example one can tightly restrict who has access to your company’s financial information but widely share organizational development content. Sharing Data that is after published workbook(s) to Tableau Online, one can share any view with anyone internally on site. Perhaps is needed one can show a coworker a certain visualization within the published workbook.One can format almost everything you see on a worksheet including the fonts, shading, alignment, borders, and graph lines.The Tableau Online infrastructure is hosted in a SAS-70 compliant data center that provides numerous controls and safeguards over customer data. Your data is your own, even when stored in Tableau Online.
Tableau Online eliminates the need for a server environment, which includes hardware, deployment, and maintenance. Tableau Online can communicate directly with other cloud-based analytics services, such as Google BigQuery and Amazon Redshift. It also has compatibility with Salesforce and Google Analytics. From a cost analysis point Tableau Server environment is less than the Tableau Online considering the starting cost, configuration cost so for small and medium scale industry can go for a Server environment.