TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jasper Reports Server needs work with authencation"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTIBCO JaspersoftUnspecified7.52361012017-09-25T20:57:10.855Z
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Jaspersoft
- We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting
Use Jasper Reports Server to make reports available to end users in a timely manner as opposed to having to wait for a new web application release for each new report.
- Reports are easy to access/use for end users.
- User rights are easy to see how they break down for each user.
- Jasper Reports Server really needs support for CAC (common access card) authentication or at least allow external authentication to authenticate internal users. My goal is to put a unique identifier, found on each CAC, as an attribute on each internal Jasper Reports Server accounts. I then want to authenticate users by making reference to this attribute then logging the users in as an internal user. I currently have my setup working with externally defined users, but it is a pain and I am trying to move to internally defined users.
Jasper Reports Server's greatest strength is that it allows for reports to be deployed on the fly without having to create a new build or restart the web application.
- Jaspersoft Standard Support or Professional Standard Support for AWS (12 annual cases)
As long as Jasper Reports Server supports our web application and database, we are good.
Jasper Reports Server was selected because it is a standalone web application that can host reports. I myself haven't evaluated other products. The only other alternative may be to stand up our own web application and handle the user authentication ourselves.
The main issue is authentication configuration. If someone can get past the complexity of that, Jasper Reports Server is a good option for reporting needs. If someone doesn't have a lot of time on hand to fool with very difficult authentication configuration, I would not recommend Jasper Reports Server.
TIBCO Jaspersoft Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Customizable Platform (Open Source)
Support and Training
It takes a good bit of back and forth to get to the bottom of the complex issues i open cases about. Also i was paying for the top tier support and was hoping for faster resolutions.
TIBCO Jaspersoft Customer Support Pros and Cons
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support cares about my success
Need to explain problems multiple times
Implementation Details / Implementation Partner
- Implemented in-house
Not happy with the non-native support of CAC authentication and would probably switch to a different product that did, even if it had half the features.
Training Types Used
- In-person training
Learned how to handle CAC authentication and how to create/add reports as well as access controls.
There were details left out that I had to learn on my own.
Ease of TIBCO Jaspersoft Training
End users don't need training but administrators need some instruction.
Customer Success Team
Using TIBCO Jaspersoft
Users and Roles
40 - Management and oversight
Support Headcount Required
2 - Need technical savy personnel. If you require non-natively supported authentication, you need a software developer.
Business Processes Supported
- Fast report creation
- Easy user role assignment
- Easy report permissions
Future Planned Uses
Likelihood to Renew
As of now i know of no other viable solutions and this product is working for me as of now.
Evaluating TIBCO Jaspersoft and Competitors
TIBCO Jaspersoft Support
Yes - Support is required for government else I wouldn't get it.
Exceptional Examples of TIBCO Jaspersoft Support
I had an issue importing the standard css design template and the Jaspersoft support person was able to supply the zip file I needed to import into Jasper Reports Server.
Using TIBCO Jaspersoft
End user usability seems to be pretty good but not perfect.
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Report downloading is very easy and available in major formats like PDF and Excel
- Backend CAC external authentication is difficult but fine other than that