Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO Spotfire is used across our entire organization. We use the software to join the many databases and other data sources we maintain in easy to use dashboards. The dashboards are customized based on the end user. This methodology ensures that all interested parties have the most up to date and accurate information without the need to open multiple software packages.
- Spotfire is excellent at taking multiple data sources and combining them into a single space where they can be viewed through various charts, tables, and other visualizations.
- Filtering allows the user to drill down to exactly the data that needs to be used for a specific analysis.
- The ability to add calculated columns in Spotfire allows users to combine data sets quickly and easily without having to change the source data.
- The ability to use complex formatting in certain visualizations is lacking. For example, on a line chart you can choose to make all lines solid, or all lines dashed, but not a combination of the two.
- Novice users may not realize that certain data is being filtered out of their analysis. A large symbol somewhere on the page indicating that filters are being applied may prevent incorrect analysis.
Training was ultimately good - given our time and capital constraints we had to fit novice training and advanced training into a single session with a shorter timeline than TIBCO would have preferred. This limited the amount of advanced training received.
Spotfire is well suited for combining data in different formats, spreadsheets and databases for example, into a single data set that can then be used for the basis of an analysis. Spotfire isn't well suited for generating high level presentation materials (i.e. board of directors presentations) because of it's lack of complex formatting.