TIBCO Spotfire Meets Our Needs, Across the Organization
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire
- Easy to get data into Spotfire, and to combine data from many sources.
- Easy to create and edit visualizations to meet the needs of the issue and/or end user.
- Dashboards can be built that deliver insight along with flexibility to allow end users some capabilities to explore the visualizations or customize the inquiry.
- Can provide or deploy advanced analytical models.
- There is a need for additional graph types. The visualization set that comes with TIBCO Spotfire is becoming rather limited.
- Working with R is rather difficult.
- There is no ability for text display visualization; a word cloud or similar would be useful.
TIBCO Spotfire Feature Ratings
Using TIBCO Spotfire
- General visualization of data
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Marketing visualization
- Analysis and visualization of trends within customer usage data
- Understand and analyze failure data
- Trend analysis
- Analysis and projections related to financial forecasting
For most visualization requirements the recommendations are correct and easy to understand. Most visualization needs are relatively simple (pie chars, bar charts, etc.). In these cases, the recommendations are fine and good to follow.
In some cases, one might like to create some more innovative visualizations, and the recommendation does not do as well. However, I am not sure how this issue would be addressed.
Tibco Spotfire has some geographic capabilities. It has basic mapping, the ability to import maps and the ability to use the functionality of Spotfire on those maps. Additionally, with a bit of effort, it is possible to use some of the geographic analytical functions available in R, or using other functionality available on the net.
However, as it is not a GIS, some of the advanced features and more easy of use capabilities are not really there. Spotfire is fine for simple mapping and presentation, but, for more complex spatial analysis, one would probably look for another package.
In summary, Spotfire is probably suitable for about 90% of geographic uses, if not more. For the high end user, it will probably not work, but, for most people and their needs (including me) Spotfire can easily do what one needs.
Evaluating TIBCO Spotfire and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
- Third-party Reviews
TIBCO Spotfire Implementation
TIBCO Spotfire Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response