Overall Satisfaction with VeloCloud, by VMware
We are in the process of deploying VeloCloud as a means of replacing MPLS circuits at each of our branch locations. Due to the way VeloCloud continuously evaluates the quality of our internet connections, it automatically picks the best internet connection to route our latency sensitive applications over. By deploying such an effective tool, are able to save tens of thousands of dollars per month by eliminating more expensive solutions.
- VeloCloud is excellent at automatically choosing the best internet connection based on speed and quality.
- It provides a web based interface allows all our connections to be managed from anywhere in the world.
- Because VMware has a strong history in networking and is a name I can trust, we are able to confidently invest in their technology.
- The learning curve of deploying VeloCloud is steep, so unless you're a networking expert, the initial setup might be over your head.
- I think they may be able to improve their web interface to provide a better user interface.
- I've experienced a couple of interesting bugs which have required reboots to resolve.
- We are able to save thousands per month by eliminating MPLS from our monthly service.
- We were able to convert the cost of VeloCloud to an operational expense by renting through our ISP.
- We have been able to eliminate downtime in situations which would have normally taken our branches offline, preventing us from servicing customers.
- Citrix SD-WAN (formerly Netscaler SD-WAN)
To tell the truth, I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with the differences between Citrix SD-WAN and VeloCloud to offer a comparison. I have colleagues that use both, and they are very similar in their technology offerings. Citrix has been around for a long time, and I do trust their networking capabilities, however I feel you can't go wrong with VMware as a company.
There are still some glitches that need to be worked out. As an example, I rebooted a device at one of our branch locations and it just died. That should never have happened, and I've only seen this happen when a company needs to improve hardware on some of their lower-end models.
Do you think VMware SD-WAN delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VMware SD-WAN's feature set?
Did VMware SD-WAN live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of VMware SD-WAN go as expected?
Would you buy VMware SD-WAN again?
Using VeloCloud is best suited when you have multiple internet connections of a similar caliber. The reason for this is because VeloCloud's main purpose is to provide the best connection when using multiple internet circuits. If you don't, it's a waste of money. I also like it because our ISP supports VeloCloud, and they have a department to help us make changes.