Microsoft Teams is a communications tool which allows MS Office users to conference call and share files via SharePoint, join or initiate a group chat, or conduct a web conference.Leveraging the Power of O365 to Enhance Communication, Organization, and File SharingMicrosoft Teams is currently in the process of being completely rolled out within my organization. I have been on the start-up team tasked with beginning the integration and training process as we move from Skype as the primary office communication tool. As an application, my organization would like Teams to become the best-in-class standard tool for both internal and external meetings. Furthermore, Teams offers more than just video and text-based communication. The tool is powerful and offers services for storing files, organizing content, managing groups and calendars. At the moment, Teams is being rolled up through the admin areas of our business but will gradually continue to production employees as well. While Skype has been a standard tool in our technology suite, Teams seems to better integrate the advantages of multiple platforms within itself and the O365 platform as a whole. I have really enjoyed utilizing the platform over the past year as we have tested the functionality of Teams. I think it it is a great step forward for our organization and should make collaboration even more accessible for all employees.,Organization: Teams brings a familiar UI that enables individuals to understand the platform quickly. Furthermore, there are sections dedicated to specific platforms. File Sharing: Finding stored documents is extremely efficient, especially when attempting to share data during the middle of a call. Video/Chat Quality: Quality of calls is noticeably better than other Microsoft counterparts (Skype). O365 Integration: O365 Users should be able to access their content across the multiple Microsoft channels.,Outlook and Teams seem to perform similar functions that make them unnecessarily dependent on one another. File sharing structure can have a large learning curve. Permission settings are difficult, if not impossible to set up at the moment.,9,Faster file sharing/delivery Better audio and video presentation. While Skype works, we have far fewer delays for those joining calls / unable to connect. Better integration with external customers.,Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Slack, Workplace by Facebook, Microsoft Yammer and Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark),Novi Survey, Microsoft Access, Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark)Not sure how Teams fits inMS teams was recently rolled out across the organization. I'm not sure exactly what the use is for it now. It might replace Skype or SharePoint or maybe supplement those two things. The idea is for the entire organization to use it to enhance the way we talk and especially with offshore resources.,Easy to access using SSO with other MS products. UI looks good and like a lot of there social platforms. Easy adoption.,Not sure how this is any better than Yammer. Notifications are odd. Profile pics.,9,Too early to tell,JIRA Software,Microsoft YammerMicrosoft Teams for Teams is A++Teams if being used across our entire organization, which is over 200 people. It is perfect for being able to quickly get ahold of anyone in any department. HR can also send a company-wide chat if something urgent needs to be addressed but doesn't need to be formal enough for an email. It also helps to know if someone you need to talk to is in a meeting or away from their desk. If I need to get ahold of my manager (who is in a completely different building) I can check teams to see if she is in a meeting or away from her desk by looking at her status. It saves a ton of time and relieves a lot of the stress of trying to communicate efficiently.,The ability to have a private chat with one person or a group message with everyone in your department. All of our important documents are held in the 'wiki' portion of teams, which allows things to be easily accessed and all in one place. I like that you can use GIFs right in the messenger. It adds a little fun to your usual chats.,Teams will randomly close for no particular reason throughout the day on my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance. The activity portion confuses me time to time on which chat it is notifying me since I have private chats with the same people in group chats. Causes a little confusion. It took me a while to realize that there is a sidebar for the wiki portion. I was only seeing one file when I knew there was more but couldn't find them.,9,Teams is a huge time-saver for the company. Less time wandering around trying to find someone to ask a simple question. My department has grown closer since using teams. Our group chat is used not only for informational purposes but also for fun or interesting websites or GIFs. One thing I get a little annoyed with is the fact that anyone can see if I'm away from my computer at all times. I don't need everyone to know my every move.,HipChat,Atlassian Confluence, Infinisource iSolved, LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)Microsoft Teams has improved their services all the time, to be the best in the market!Microsoft Team is being implemented in Alcoa Aluminum for a short period of time. We are changing from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. The program has a lot of benefits that Skype does not have, like more options to communicate inside the company. We use the software to communicate and send messages across the whole organization. All the employees have access to Teams, in all machines.,It's easy to make calls-- other software in the market do not have this option. Simple to create groups (teams) to communicate with a lot of people simultaneously. You can use with Microsoft OneDrive to share information and files.,The area of Accounting (Finance) is lacking in Teams, and is important in Development and Support, especially in the IT area.,10,It has high-quality audio, to listen to other participants on the call. It's easy to share the screen without delay. The files stay in the security area.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),Microsoft 365 Business, Symantec Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Access, Cisco IPS SensorMicrosoft Teams All in one!Microsoft Teams is currently being used by some departments of my company to perform communication, sharing, remote access, connection, meeting, notification, schedule, etc. Soon it will be our standard global software. So far we have not encoutered any problems.,Group meetings with high-quality audio and video. Provides instant access for tasks to OneNote, Planner, PowerBI, SharePoint (Default apps) and external apps. All my Skype contacts are linked in Teams,I encountered failure to create a new group because the name already existed, and I was not notified or prevented from creating without duplicity. The idea is to validate before creating a new group, to avoid this type of problem.,9,Reduce travel cost for any presentation, meeting, or anything of that genre.,Microsoft 365 Business, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Automation Anywhere
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams Reviews

Microsoft Teams
Filter 62 vetted Microsoft Teams reviews and ratings

Joshua Melder profile photo
May 15, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Leveraging the Power of O365 to Enhance Communication, Organization, and File Sharing"

• Organization: Teams brings a familiar UI that enables individuals to understand the platform quickly. Furthermore, there are sections dedicated to specific platforms.
  • File Sharing: Finding stored documents is extremely efficient, especially when attempting to share data during the middle of a call.
  • Video/Chat Quality: Quality of calls is noticeably better than other Microsoft counterparts (Skype).
  • O365 Integration: O365 Users should be able to access their content across the multiple Microsoft channels.
  • Outlook and Teams seem to perform similar functions that make them unnecessarily dependent on one another.
  • File sharing structure can have a large learning curve.
  • Permission settings are difficult, if not impossible to set up at the moment.
I think Teams is great for cross-functional business teams that meet in order to collaborate/share information. Teams is Skype with more file sharing potential and capacity. The platform works extremely well for conducting meetings (either blank, face-to-face, or sharing content) and enables users to quickly access needed materials on the fly. I have also enjoyed the integrations for OneNote, Stream, Planner, and more. I have been able to search previously recorded meetings and reference them all within the same application. The ability to access materials housed within the O365 platform is powerful and only enables and enhances productivity. I do think Microsoft will have to rope in the breadth of some of their applications. If Teams is meant to be an aggregate source for planning and storing information, I would hope that Microsoft decouples the dependency on other platforms (such as Outlook).
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Tim Ryan profile photo
May 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Not sure how Teams fits in"

• Easy to access using SSO with other MS products.
  • UI looks good and like a lot of there social platforms.
  • Easy adoption.
  • Not sure how this is any better than Yammer.
  • Notifications are odd.
  • Profile pics.
Not sure if this is a real communication tool dev teams can use to talk about actual work or if this is more of a social thing for everyone in the office to share stories to make you 'feel good'. Not exactly sure how this adds value to a workplace right now.
Read Tim Ryan's full review
Hilary Hobbs profile photo
May 10, 2019

User Review: "Microsoft Teams for Teams is A++"

• The ability to have a private chat with one person or a group message with everyone in your department.
  • All of our important documents are held in the 'wiki' portion of teams, which allows things to be easily accessed and all in one place.
  • I like that you can use GIFs right in the messenger. It adds a little fun to your usual chats.
  • Teams will randomly close for no particular reason throughout the day on my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance.
  • The activity portion confuses me time to time on which chat it is notifying me since I have private chats with the same people in group chats. Causes a little confusion.
  • It took me a while to realize that there is a sidebar for the wiki portion. I was only seeing one file when I knew there was more but couldn't find them.
Companies with a large population should seriously consider using Microsoft Teams to communicate, especially if you are already using Microsoft programs like Outlook and their calendar. It all connects together inside of teams. So if you have a meeting on your calendar, Teams will automatically place your status as red (which is 'in a meeting). If you have a very small company and/or don't already utilize Microsoft programs, Teams may not be best suited for your needs.
Read Hilary Hobbs's full review
Luciano Rios profile photo
April 21, 2019

Review: "Microsoft Teams has improved their services all the time, to be the best in the market!"

• It's easy to make calls-- other software in the market do not have this option.
  • Simple to create groups (teams) to communicate with a lot of people simultaneously.
  • You can use with Microsoft OneDrive to share information and files.
  • The area of Accounting (Finance) is lacking in Teams, and is important in Development and Support, especially in the IT area.
Microsoft Teams is very appropriate when you need to have a meeting with directors or managers from different areas, because it's possible to share the presentation, have a nice discussion, and the quality of the interface (template) is very good and modern. In my opinion, Microsoft Teams does not have any major problems.
Read Luciano Rios's full review
Fabiano Macedo profile photo
April 12, 2019

User Review: "Microsoft Teams All in one!"

• Group meetings with high-quality audio and video.
  • Provides instant access for tasks to OneNote, Planner, PowerBI, SharePoint (Default apps) and external apps.
  • All my Skype contacts are linked in Teams
  • I encountered failure to create a new group because the name already existed, and I was not notified or prevented from creating without duplicity. The idea is to validate before creating a new group, to avoid this type of problem.
For companies of all sizes looking for software that offers chat, audio and video call meetings, presentations, recording, or sharing activities to a group of people. It's a perfect program for anyone who wants to work with several resources in one application.
Read Fabiano Macedo's full review
Stefan Trbojevic profile photo
April 02, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams within Teams, makes it MS teams."

Microsoft Teams is being used as our main communication tool across our organization. We have a great number of teams within MS Teams, structurally organized for better visibility. It is mostly being used for written communication instead of voice. We use it for knowledge based purposes as well, since every team has its own dedicated Wiki and SharePoint page, which can be really useful for large teams, to share guidelines and tutorials.
  • Mentioning users or group of users with "@" sign.
  • Notifications about mentions and important messages.
  • Multiple teams support.
  • Scheduling within the MS teams.
  • Performance wise, Microsoft Teams has tendencies of running slow sometimes, especially if you are in a chat with a great number of participants.
  • No easy way to create a new group chat, other than creating a new Team.
Microsoft Teams is well suited to reach out to a large group of people and send them updates or dive into an important conversation with them. As previously mentioned it is not possible to create a quick conversation with certain people like it was possible with Skype for Business.

To be clear, the bad thing about MS Teams is that you have to create a separate team in order to have a separate conversation with the people of your choice.
Read Stefan Trbojevic's full review
AUBREY NOVAK profile photo
March 27, 2019

User Review: "Microsoft Teams is A+ Software!"

We currently use Microsoft Teams throughout our organization by creating "Teams" and using these "Teams" to connect, assign projects/tasks, and show the status of completion on these projects/tasks. For instance, we have a Finance Team, Sales Team, ALCO Team, etc. and everyone that is a team member is part of the conversations inside these Teams, and can be assigned a task that needs to be completed. Once the team member has started progress, they can show their in progress status, when it's completed, and leave comments regarding the task.
  • Microsoft Teams helps manage tasks very well. It's easy to see the completion status of any team member that's been working on a certain project while allowing that team member to ask questions or leave comments for the other members to see.
  • Microsoft Teams also sends nice reminders if projects are coming due and what the status is of a project coming due. This way the person in charge of finishing the project knows, as well as the other team members involved.
  • The conversation piece of Microsoft Teams is nice because you can hold a conversation right in Microsoft Teams via their messaging system, and also upload files to that conversation so everyone can see the work being referenced.
  • The one thing I would like to see is for Microsoft Teams to collaborate with Outlook to add the project deadlines into team members' calendars as well. I know reminders are sent, but having it added to the calendars would help too.
Microsoft Teams is well suited for collaboration and status updates. It makes conferencing and file sharing easy while keeping the team on task.
Read AUBREY NOVAK's full review
Josh Perigo profile photo
March 22, 2019

Review: "Microsoft Teams: Our answer to collaboration"

It is being used heavily in our department as well as across our entire company. We are replacing video conferencing via Blue Jeans and it is being used as a great alternative to Sharepoint for collaboration and file sharing.
  • Dynamic file and idea sharing option
  • Real-time collaboration
  • Video conferencing
  • Some easier to use functionality for first-time users.
  • A good tool to show how much can be done.
In any instance where a small part, a large part, or your entire team is offsite, Teams is a great option to be able to share and collaborate both in a web-based setting or via the mobile app.
Read Josh Perigo's full review
Kenneth Harrington-Colon profile photo
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Gold standard for inter-office communication in a cloud-based world"

Microsoft Teams is slowly replacing Skype for Business in our workplace culture. It is being used company-wide, with some departments still straggling. The system is more efficient at maintaining chat history and has a more intuitive interface for sending and receiving files. It also integrates into other products seamlessly, making it an excellent tool for our business.
  • Maintains chat history
  • Simple search function
  • Intuitive file transferring
  • GIF communication capable
  • Integration with Microsoft To-Do and Project
  • Integration with third-party softphones
  • Integration with third-party CRM's
Microsoft Teams is perfect for a team environment with free-flowing collaborative discussions punctuated with emotive images and gifs. We have not delved into the screen sharing or video-chat capabilities as of yet, but as more of our staff adopt using headsets it will become more commonplace. This product is perfect for offices that have multiple locations. It is less appropriate in offices where there is a strict inter-office communication policy or where sharing information between departments is frowned upon.
Read Kenneth Harrington-Colon's full review
Babu Pillai profile photo
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Best Collaboration Solution!"

Microsoft Teams is rolled out for the whole company and for departments. We encourage users to use direct chats and multiple chats for communications and use teams and channels for projects and department teams. We are planning to convert 365 groups to Teams instead as well. We migrated our Slack users to Teams, that enables us one single collaboration system for the whole company. It helps us to find folks and have data and contents in one single location.
  • Effective search capabilities: Searching for people, content, and data was never easier all at one tool.
  • Ease of use: Pretty self-explanatory usage helps enable the product easier.
  • Integrations: Good integration with Microsoft Office suite.
  • Growing external parties, bot framework that will help the developer community.
  • More notification options wanted to flag for future reminders and stuff.
  • App availability in 1-1 and group chats.
  • Private channels.
Microsoft Teams offers effective collaboration (including chats, video chats, and screen-sharing), transparency across the organization, and effective communications across teams. Teams is less appropriate for private group channels (you need to create a team every time).
Read Babu Pillai's full review
Douglas Lima profile photo
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "The essential communication and collaboration tool"

Teams is helping to share content with team members across the organization and is centralizing the information discussed in one place. I'd dare to say it replaces email and simplifies the communication process, especially for project discussions.
  • Teams is more friendly and goes beyond a simple messaging tool by allowing group creations that direct all messages to the cloud like a discussion forum. This helps the team to be organized.
  • The 'chat' window can be customized by adding some add-ins. One thing in particular that I love is the Freehand by InVision that works like an interactive drawing board.
  • The only thing I really dislike is regarding notifications. I can set up to receive banner notifications, but it's not like Skype for Business which sends only the first notification and then stops and blinks the icon only in the task bar.
  • Banner for all messages is really bad when you don't want other people around to see a preview of all messages that are being sent to you.
Teams is good for group discussions, online meetings and everything else that Skype is able to do. It is less appropriate when talking about sensitive information with someone if your notifications are set to display a banner for every message.
Read Douglas Lima's full review
May 25, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "A Cheaper Version of Slack with the Same Experience"

I am using Microsoft Teams as my daily communication tool outside of email. I work with people across many different departments, and it is much easier to chat quickly than to send 15 emails back and forth. I can also easily attach files or images and get those quickly to the right person, and it also ties in with Microsoft Office and Outlook which is useful. Right now only a select group of users are on Teams, but we are trying to transition everyone to it from our old chat software.
  • Easy to use and get started. Little to no learning curve for new users.
  • Screen sharing and file sharing options.
  • Microsoft Office Plug-Ins and other Add-Ins for Salesforce, Jira, etc.
  • Difficult to use group chats or grouping contacts compared to Slack.
  • Better UI could be useful.
  • More integrations with other software would take it to the next level.
Teams is great for people you need to be talking to constantly, like a project manager or close co-worker who sits in a different department. It is not going to be used best as a simple chat app, although it does that well. It shines in all the integrations, the mobile app capabilities, and the price!
April 19, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Potentially really good, but right now it's too cluttered and confusing"

It has been used within a single department for about 8 months, and there has recently been a push to have it used more broadly across the entire organization. It's used for intra-office messaging, and more recently as a hub for conference calls.
  • It doesn't require much setup. Once someone is "added," everything is there and ready to be used.
  • It integrates your calendar, which makes scheduling meetings relatively easy.
  • It allows for easy file sharing.
  • The chat function is really cluttered with "suggested" names, often from people no longer in the organization.
  • Right now it doesn't integrate with Salesforce, so any automated reports we run there have to be added manually to the appropriate "team."
  • The conference call feature isn't included, so there's an extra cost there.
I am not a huge fan of the interface. There's just a lot going on, and it can get confusing or disorienting if you're toggling between different team chats. I am still not entirely sure I understand the difference between a chat, group chat, and team. It does a good job of integrating with the Outlook calendar though, which helps if you aren't sure whether someone is in the office or available.
April 05, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams is a good option for O365 organizations, but still hard to beat Slack"

We use Teams for all communication across our dispersed company—there are 600 employees operating across three time zones. Teams helps us stay synced in real time. Previously, we relied on Slack, which I still prefer (especially the emojis), but I'm growing to appreciate Teams a little more, especially since we use the O365 for everything else.
  • File management.
  • Automatically syncing between your Outlook calendar and Teams status.
  • Video/audio calling.
  • Emojis! They're an abomination.
  • No way to remind yourself to come back to a message you can't answer in the moment.
  • Sharing/downloading images quickly and easily (you typically can't copy+paste in or out of Teams).
Using Teams alongside Slack for more than a year now, I've had ample time to evaluate the two platforms. I understand using Teams as part of the O365 suite, but there are a number of shortcomings that still make it an inferior solution to Slack, including the lack of integrations, bots, or the ability to close out/archive unused channels/groups, etc.
April 04, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Nice collaboration tool, good improvements over Skype for Business"

We are using Microsoft Teams across the whole organization—still in a transition process from Skype for Business, which is being decommissioned. Teams is helping to share content with team members and is centralizing the information discussed in one place. I'd dare to say that it replaces email and simplifies the communication process, especially for project discussions. By consequence, this solution brings a productivity increase, which is valuable for us.
  • Teams is more friendly and goes beyond a simple messaging tool, allowing group creation that persists all messages to the cloud, like a discussion forum. This helps a team be a lot more organized.
  • The chat window can be customized by adding some add-ins. One I particularly use is Freehand by InVision which allows us to create a collaborative environment, where two or more people can express ideas live by sketching on the screen (perfect for brainstorming and explanations).
  • Another cool thing is the GIF icon that searches all kind of GIFs to be sent to your peers! This brings more relaxation to a busy day.
  • The only thing I really dislike is the notifications. I can set up to receive banner notifications, but it's not like Skype for Business which sends only the first notification and then stops and blinks the icon only in the taskbar.
  • Sharing screen quality is not as good as Skype for Business. It looks like it's slow and I think there's room to improve this.
Microsoft Teams is well suited for online collaboration and new projects coming up in the organization. It could help to do an online Kaizen and review processes. Basic communication, of course, inside the organization is something that Teams does very well. But it's more than that. It goes beyond simple messaging too. You can keep discussion forums and share documents with the group that will be persisted to the cloud and you can see them from your computer, smartphone or another device with access to a web browser. Microsoft Teams is less appropriate for formal communications.
April 02, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "The Obvious Evolution of Skype"

It is being used as our primary collaboration and communication tool. It is being used company-wide and solves a surprisingly large number of problems. One of which is allowing committees to create team chats and stay in touch across the globe. Also keeps documents organized inside said teams so there one is collaborative space.
  • Communicate - its use of colorful GUI and layout makes it easy to communicate with large groups
  • Very stable, rollout is easy and works well from the get go
  • Familiar layout makes adoption easy for users
  • I find that the app for mobile devices could use tweaking. It also crashes a lot on my Pixel.
  • Its office phone interface is good but in my opinion still lacks behind Skype for Business
  • The apps are a nice touch but I am not sure how useful they will be. I'm not good at predicting the future with this but right now I don't see the use.
If you use Skype for Business you should try and migrate to Teams soon. Microsoft will eventually stop supporting Skype for Business and you won't have a choice. Get in early while you can. Also it is not all that bad. Stable and reliable. Where it is suited well is everything Skype does and more. Where it isn't suited is for companies who have a user base that do not like change. Honestly that is it. It does everything well. Just some people might not want to move on from Skype.
March 27, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams: Great tool for effective communication"

Microsoft team is used across the organization. it is used to make communication better and efficient. Apart from regular conversations. Microsoft Teams has great features like the planner, flow etc. The planner helps in tracing tasks. Also, it's so easy to share files. Wiki is another great feature.
  • Microsoft Teams is great for sharing and conversations. All history is maintained. You can share files, images, PDFs, and videos easily.
  • Features such as one note and planner add a big advantage.
  • The mobile app is super easy to use, alerts are good, and can track tasks from the mobile app easily.
  • I feel that the alerts can be made better. The email alert feature should be improved. Currently, we get email only if we are completely logged off from Team.
  • There should be features to configure to trigger email alerts based on some conditions.
  • Planner UI can be improved. There is not enough space to see all the status of a planner board.
  • Sometimes some features like uploading docs and opening planner takes little time. performance can be improved.
Microsoft Teams is great for sharing docs, for team communication, and for tracking tasks.
March 22, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams offers easy implementation and quick adoption across organization"

My entire organization adopted Teams as apart of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. Teams has helped to streamline communication and collaboration across different organizations and business units at my company.
  • Teams is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform.
  • I enjoy being able to see my entire conversation history with an individual stakeholder or project team using the Chat feature.
  • I can use teams to share documents, edit files and collaborate with other stakeholders.
  • While the tool is easy to use overall, editing within teams can be challenging as you don't have the same amount of functionality as you would if editing a document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) as you would when editing it outside of the Teams application.
Teams helps spur collaboration and enhance decision making for groups who may not all work in the same location. As a result, it improves business process agility and outcomes. I use Teams extensively to drive various programs I manage forward that involve various stakeholders across different organizations and locations to collaborate around shared initiatives. It also centralizes other features like chat, calls, files, calendar etc. into one application which streamlines work efforts and allows the user to leverage all these features without leaving the application and leveraging another tool.
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "On its way to being a helpful tool"

Teams has been rolled out across our organization in the past year. While all employees have access, not every department has actually started using it yet. It was posed as a supplement to Skype for Business—a way to collaborate in departmental and inter-departmental teams by being able to have shared documents and less glitchy group chat functionality.
  • Provides a great way to structure group chats and the easy sharing of files, images, etc. within the same conversation.
  • Allows creation of sub-teams under the main team.
  • The integration with OneNote needs work. I know this is a known problem from other users as well, but not being able to import a whole notebook in our case was really frustrating.
  • It can't replace a content management system since you can only have one level of folders in your file storage.
  • Not being able to track changes while viewing or editing a document in Teams is really inconvenient, it defeats the purpose of being able to access a document that you're working on collaboratively with a team.
Remote teams would be well-suited to Teams as you can have a constant group chat thread going where you share images, documents, etc. Then there's a record of the communication, a reference for the future, but it's not clogging up your email inbox. And you can store the document right within Teams.
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams is an amazing productivity tool, but not for everyone."

Teams is being used across the organization and every user has access to it. It is currently optional to use it and not the main form of communication across the organization as we still use Skype. Running two collaboration platforms made it more difficult to get users up to speed and adoption to the levels we wanted. I recommend that if you're a leader in your organization and making the decision to get Teams, make sure you implement it at the same time as removing Skype or other communication platforms.
  • Chat and group chats are so smooth and easy to use. you can also share files, links, gifs and stickers in the conversation.
  • Channels help split the work into multiple sections which will allow members to chat in the correct section about specific topics. You can also share folders in each of the channels.
  • There are a lot of connections you can add to Teams or to specific teams you create that help increase productivity.
  • I don't find the user interface very friendly. Text/font isn't great and colors are just not the best.
  • So hard to navigate between channels sometimes and if you leave a channel it doesn't and come back to it, it doesn't land at the same place you were at.
If everyone on your team is located in the same office, then there's no need to pay for Teams. You can use the free version or use Slack. However, if your team is in the field, and already have some sort of Microsoft 365 license, then start using Teams. You're already paying for it and it'll help connect teams better. Also, use the connectors because they help and understand how to use the coauthoring features using Office Online.
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Communicate with Teams"

Microsoft Teams has been used across the entire organization to create working departmental groups or ad-hoc working groups of people who need to collaborate together frequently. Teams allows groups to have various communication channels and easy integration with other outside resources in a common shared environment that is accessible to all team members on desktop and mobile devices.
  • Teams allows users to create topic-specific channels to help focus communication on specific projects or tasks.
  • Teams has the ability to integrate with a variety of built-in tools like file storage and wiki pages to enhance collaborative efforts.
  • Teams provides the capability of direct messaging specific individuals outside of a particular team structure.
  • The majority of Teams add-ons are from the Microsoft ecosystem. It would be helpful to expand the number of third-party integration options within Teams.
  • It is difficult to rearrange and manage channels in Teams. You have some basic functionality for marking favorite channels that you want to follow, but it is easy to miss important messages in other channels unless you follow those as well.
  • I would love to see Teams accessible via other platforms using the LTI (learning tools interoperability) standard. Currently, Teams does not integrate with any learning management systems or other LTI-compatible systems despite several other products in the Microsoft ecosystem providing that ability.
Teams is great at allowing members of a Team working on a variety of projects to create project-specific channels. Each of those channels contains all the communication, wiki pages, files, etc. related specifically to that project. Sunsetting project channels, however, is difficult and there is no way to include a team member in certain channels while excluding them from other channels.
March 20, 2019

Microsoft Teams Review: "Teams may be right for your teams."

Many of our functional teams use Microsoft Teams. The most common use case is for messaging, scheduling, and planning. To a smaller extent, we use Teams to share and collaborate on documents. Outside of our Organizational Unit, Teams is also used, but I'm unfamiliar with their use cases and we have not yet used it to inter-operate with outside Teams or organizations.
  • Integration with Office 365 tools like Outlook mail and calendar.
  • I like the Planner application that's available within Teams channels. It makes it easy to plan and assign project tasks.
  • While not superior to other messaging platforms, combining messaging with other Teams functions makes Teams an overall good tool.
  • As I'm sure many others will say, private channels.
  • Simpler integration with outside applications.
If a company is already using Office 365, and they are searching for a collaboration and/or messaging platform they should definitely consider using Microsoft Teams. If a company only has a need for a messaging system, Teams may not be the best fit. Also, if they want an extensible solution other offerings may be suitable. Even if a firm is not already using Office 365, if they have a need for a collaboration platform, I'd suggest considering Teams. I'd compare the organization's needs to the capabilities of Teams. There is not a lot Teams can't do for teams within organizations.

Microsoft Teams Scorecard Summary

High quality audio (17)
High quality video (17)
Low bandwidth requirements (17)
Mobile support (18)
Desktop sharing (16)
Whiteboards (11)
Calendar integration (19)
Meeting initiation (17)
Integrates with social media (10)
Record meetings / events (9)
Slideshows (12)
Live chat (18)
9.4
Audience polling (9)
Q&A (8)
User authentication (13)
Participant roles & permissions (14)
Confidential attendee list (10)

About Microsoft Teams