Microsoft Teams Reviews

Karen Zelzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Microsoft Teams for group discussions and chats between coworkers who are on the other side of the office. We are phasing out our landline phones which we used to use to page someone at their desk. We are now using Microsoft Teams to have conversations and "page" a coworker instead of trying to hunt them down in the office. We are also working on becoming more mobile and allowing more employees the option to work remotely, Microsoft Teams allows us to see who is online and provides an easy way to contact them when they are away from the office.

Right now our Engineering and Administration departments are the main groups using Microsoft Teams, the goal is to have this be used company-wide.
  • Lets employees know who is online and makes it easy to contact them for questions.
  • Able to see if someone is busy and should not be disturbed which helps save time in trying to contact them or hunt them down.
  • Allows specific groups to be created where we can share ideas and brainstorm without having to interrupt other employees in the office.
  • Wish there way a better way to organize who you see on the side bar, right now I only know of chats being organized by Recent or by Contacts.
  • Wish you could zoom out on the calendar, I like seeing multiple weeks and even the whole month so I know when meetings are coming up. Right now you can only view the calendar in Day, Work Week, or Week mode.
Can have group chats on topics that only concern a few employees. We have a Technology group where we add and brainstorm new applications and software that might be appropriate for our company. It's a good way to organize our ideas and thoughts without having to send out mass email chains and we can discuss the ideas at our next meeting.
Microsoft Teams also lets us efficiently communicate with remote workers since email can lag. This allows almost real-time conversations and collaborations for our employees.
Read Karen Zelzer's full review
Charles R. Coggins III | TrustRadius Reviewer
MS Teams is being used by our entire organization. We mostly use Teams as a form of communication between all the employees. There has been plenty of times though where we use the video chat functions to do meetings with members of the teams who are out of state. We were looking into using VoIP that is also built-in, but this is super expensive even for a small company like ourselves. The business problem this solves for us is the ability to quickly communicate with each other without having to send out an email and hoping the other user gets it. This also allows you to see in Teams if the user is available, busy, away, or just not online at all.
  • Teams is excellent for a business where employees in the company are not located in the same building and need to communicate with each other.
  • Team's does Video and Audio calling really well. We have not experienced any issues with quality as of yet.
  • The biggest downfall with Teams is some users experience slowness with this product. I personally have not had an issue, but I am the IT person who goes around and fixes issues in-house and I sometimes see Teams causing huge CPU and Memory spikes and watch the software lag on peoples PC's for no reason.
  • I also don't like the way it stores attachments. If you add an attachment to a message it will store it in a folder and sometimes that folder is really hard to find.
I really think MS Teams is well suited for any organization. I don't have experience with Slack or any other actual business messaging service though. If you have people you need to speak with frequently then this is a great solution. It works really well for IT Support especially when we have new staff that always require help. They can just send screenshots of what they are seeing in a message to a group of support people (you can create groups and add a bunch of people to the group) and someone can help them out pretty quickly.

The only thing I can think of that would not be a good scenario would be if you are running mostly Linux desktops. Teams did just come out with a Linux version though, but I have not had a chance to use it. Also if you didn't like to use MS Products there are other options out there.
Read Charles R. Coggins III's full review
Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer | TrustRadius Reviewer
The majority of departments at my organization use Microsoft Teams even though we haven't officially implemented it. Primarily, my department uses teams to organize our work, hold weekly team meetings as well as integrate with other platforms such as Trello and Microsoft Planner. In terms of collaborative work, Microsoft Teams has been really helpful in condensing various tool sets into one simple platform.
  • Voice and video quality
  • System integrations
  • There are a lot of different functions within Teams, so there's a bit of a learning curve.
  • It would be nice if there were different color themes to choose from (a dark theme would be excellent).
Microsoft Teams' integration with Outlook (specifically calendar) and the ability to hop into a video meeting quickly and easily is a great time saver. Organizing work through various team pages and ability to attach or sync files makes it super simple to share work and collaborate. While Teams is great for use with teams (hence the name), I don't know that I'd use it independently.
Read Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer's full review
Chris Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams is being used by our entire portfolio and across all operating companies. I work for an operating company within a portfolio of companies for a large holding company, Danaher. At the highest level, we use Teams as a meta collaboration platform for messaging, contextual collaboration as a progression from SharePoint (we still use SharePoint), as a meeting center that replaced Skype and WebEx, and as a cross-OpCo collaboration platform. It is, for us, the early stages of moving from a collaboration model that is primarily SharePoint based to Teams. One of the surprising uses is as an enablement tool for some of the Office 365 tools like Planner.
  • It handles meetings really well--both video and audio.
  • The mobile client is a very nice value add.
  • The ad-hoc SharePoint that can be used in Teams is not integrated under the governance of existing enterprise versions, so users can get confused about what they are using.
  • Integration of Office 365 tools is not fully functional like their standalone instances.
Microsoft Teams is particularly well suited for communications - chat, web conference, video conference, and telephony. Teams does a great job of creating some robust ad-hoc contexts for communication (chat + files), and it allows us to communicate across operating companies efficiently and effectively. Teams also is great for integrating (in channel tabs) some of the other Microsoft Office 365 tools like Planner, SharePoint, etc.
Read Chris Carpenter's full review
Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using MS Teams across a small team of 3 people. My last organization was using it across a team of 10-15 people and were moving more people to Teams as Skype for Business was the standard for years and being moved over to Teams eventually. I wish the move over to Teams would have been an organization decision rather than the grass roots impact like it was.
  • Voice quality is typically really good.
  • Sharing your screen or application works well.
  • Needing a lighter plug-in for customers who don't have Teams and need to download it to join your meeting.
  • If joining over voice and sharing screen, bandwidth requirements seem to go up more than other tools. I could be wrong on this or there are other factors going on here.
Teams works great for anyone who has Office 365 with other users in their organization. It is nicely integrated with Outlook to quickly create internal and external meeting requests. You can see all your recent files. You can request to take over another persons screen and control it. Video works great to easily have a virtual meeting to make everyone feel part of the meeting. I like being able to ping someone quickly throughout the day.
It is interesting how I end up using the tool the most of the people I communicate with use. Slack and Teams have been the 2 main tools I've experienced using. For doing demonstrations, online meetings, I've gone between Zoom (my favorite), GoToMeeting and Teams. If I want to have the presentation go as smoothly as possible with people joining easily, sound working, then I use Zoom. If it is only a couple people from a current customer, then I'm fine using Teams.
Read Quentin Goin's full review
Nicolas Poague | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using Teams internally with the IT department in order to collaborate and communicate about upcoming projects. Since Microsoft began putting a lot of attention into the product, we saw it as an opportunity to use across the company within departments and teams. Right now we are continuing to evaluate Teams as a possible replacement for another chat/softphone application. It seems that Teams is becoming more integrated with many common phone systems; if that continues to be the case, it will likely become more easily adopted for us.
  • Chat.
  • File-sharing.
  • Calendar integration - easier to sync with Outlook calendars especially in channels using Planner.
  • Spell-check performance - seems to be a significant delay in the time it takes for spell-check to register.
For departments with multiple projects or team collaborations, it makes communication, planning, and file sharing very simple. It may be less suitable for simple department or company communication, where you may be better going with more of an Intranet implementation. Teams is best suited for constant chatting and sharing related to specific projects or initiatives.
Read Nicolas Poague's full review
Stephanie Majeran | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Microsoft Teams as part of my contractor role with another company. It has been SUPER helpful for keeping me in the loop about what is going on since I'm only in the office with the team members sporadically. The different channels are great for posting things that are relevant for the whole team, the chat function has been helpful as well. I have also used it to conference call in and share screens for training purposes. I like how all of that is housed in one spot, instead of having a separate place for chat and another place for video etc.
  • Great combination of communication avenues
  • Notification of relevant posts to email, in case you're not logged in
  • It is not overly intuitive. When I first jumped in, with no training, it took some time for me to get the hang of where everything lived.
  • Opening other Microsoft apps FROM Teams is ugly
Microsoft Teams has worked great for this small-ish consulting agency, particularly because they have consultants all over the world. It is a great way to keep us all connected without flooding email boxes and gives one spot to house things to be communicated and referred back to. I like that there aren't multiple tools that are needed to chat, video, and make general posts. Larger firms I think may find it a little less ideal, work would need to be done to come up with relevant channels so that people wouldn't be too overwhelmed with irrelevant information. Likely some policies about what is appropriate to post to a public channel and what isn't would be helpful.
Read Stephanie Majeran's full review
Melissa Rances, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Microsoft Teams Review

Microsoft Teams is being used within my internal team to communicate and collaborate on multiple projects. We use it to share files and store and update live documents through SharePoint. We use it across the whole organization to collaborate with other teams in different locations in our company. We also use Microsoft Teams to communicate with our customers who are outside of our organization so that we can be in constant communication with them as we work on their projects on a daily basis. It gives them instant access to us instead of writing a lengthy email and allows them to see if we are currently in a meeting or not since Microsoft Teams can sync with our calendars.
  • Collaboration with others inside and outside your organization
  • Ability to access Microsoft Teams on any mobile device
  • Limitations to what and how apps can be added to your team when you add a tab; for example, you cannot add an existing project from Planner to your team. You have to create the project from Planner once you add it as a tab in Teams
  • I just created a team from scratch and for some reason, it keeps disappearing from my dashboard.
Microsoft Teams is well suited for projects that need a lot of collaboration between stakeholders that are in multiple locations and need to be in constant communication with each other. It is great for file sharing as well. It is less appropriate, though, as a project management tool as it does not possess the dynamic functionality that other project management tools, such as Asana or Jira, have.
Read Melissa Rances, PMP's full review
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams was implemented across our entire organization but then used for individuals teams and departments. Microsoft Teams provides a one-stop-shop/"landing spot" for members of a team to share valuable information, documents and keep track of each others' progress on critical projects. It allows team members to collaborate more seamlessly than with previous methods, such as regularly emailing each other information, documents, and project updates.
  • Great Layout - Microsoft Teams has a great layout/interface.
  • App Integration - Microsoft Teams allows integration for several other apps/programs, including those from Microsoft and other developers.
  • Team Management - anyone can create a team, so if there is no direction from upper management about how to best use the app and who should be leading. Its integration within an individual department or team, you could quickly end up with more than one "Team" on the app.
  • Replication - some of the functions, like the chat feature, replicate the functionality of other popular apps many companies already use, like the chat feature and Skype. So you could end up with multiple chats going on the same project that aren't all within the Teams app.
  • Microsoft Teams can work well for small-medium size teams that collaborate closely on specific initiatives and projects. Even if team members are geographically dispersed, they can manage everything smoothly and efficiently within the Microsoft Teams digital space.
  • Microsoft Teams is likely not a good fit for a large team that reports to the same supervisor or manager but doesn't work specifically on projects together.
Read Cindy Arco's full review
Matt Varney | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been a long-time Skype customer (and before that Lync and Office Communications Server), so we're following the evolution path for internal communications workloads. We are using Teams all across our organization. As an education institution, we have also used Skype and will be using Teams in a classroom setting to support teaching and learning activities, particularly for our online and distance education offerings. Aside from the communications aspects and needs of our various internal groups and classes, we are also starting to leverage Microsoft Teams for our more collaborative groups that create and manage a lot of content and documents. Many of those groups have been using a combination of email and traditional SharePoint team sites (going back to SharePoint 2007), but the Microsoft Teams experience allows them to work more collaboratively and in a more connected way, while still having the power of the backend storage in SharePoint. For example, our team that manages policies and business procedures recently completed a large effort to review and revise many of those documents. Using Teams, they were able to take advantage of simultaneous document editing to make those processes quicker.
  • It allows for "in the moment" or "in the flow" collaboration. For instance, you can share a document while chatting about it. The chat and document are always connected and it is easy to see the surrounding context of comments and how they relate to portions of a document.
  • The Teams mobile client is excellent. Far superior to the Skype mobile client.
  • The name "Teams" can be confusing, particularly if your organization has used SharePoint team sites much in the past. Also, it is a plural noun name, so it can be grammatically awkward as an IT person to suggest to a group that they "may want to try a new Teams".
  • There is a lot to the Teams experience. The communications portions (chatting and Teams meetings) can be fairly straightforward to understand on a basic level, but when you start combining that with ongoing work for standing groups (i.e. real-world teams), then Teams can get overwhelming to think about how that team works. It isn't a technology capability problem - it is an issue of making sure the work (and processes) fits the technology.
To accurately answer this, there may need to be some distinction around the functionalities Teams can provide. So for online meetings, chatting, and even webinars and online events, Teams is a great option. Licensing variations may be a bit confusing, but an organization could easily use Teams to hold meetings and other online events for groups internally and externally. That meeting content can be recorded, transcribed, and even translated on the fly for various audiences as well. If the people in your group (or organization) are naturally open and collaborative, then this technology can easily support and extend those actions while still providing the necessary security and compliance needs around any content or documents. If your people aren't as open or collaborative, then Teams will not fix that issue. No technology will. If your people or organization are not open and collaborative out of a desire or a perceived need, then Teams may be able to put some of those concerns to ease if properly implemented and trained. The security and compliance controls are quite strong and are worth a look.
Read Matt Varney's full review
Taylor Martz | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Teams at a glance

Microsoft Teams is currently being used by our entire organization. It was rolled out this year as part of an effort to increase employee communication and engagement. Previously, the only form of communication was through email (not including phone and videoconferencing). The speed at which we can now communicate has helped add to the overall production of our workforce. In addition, it's built camaraderie. Employees interact more frequently across the organization and around the globe and can get answers to their questions much quicker.
  • Allows for "groups" to be formed to help segment and organize chats and communication for projects, teams, departments, etc.
  • Allows file sharing and storage within the platform.
  • I feel the user interface is a little clunky and could be more modern/smooth.
  • The "call" and "video chat" feature does not work well with overseas counterparts.
If you are already operating within the Microsoft Office 365 platform, then Teams easily integrates into the O365 environment across the organization. You are able to incorporate OneDrive and SharePoint files and links within the chats and "Teams" feature, which helps keep work moving. I don't know if it's best for places where you'd need a paper trail or need a written word for legal issues (as these aren't as easily accessed). I also feel there are some enhancements and improvements that need to be made before I would willingly want to share this format with others.
Read Taylor Martz's full review
Rodrigo Amigorena | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams is being used across the organization. We are in the process of rolling it out more extensively as we still have Skype for Business. Teams is a great tool to reduce the email volume and provide a secure and centralized place to share content within a team.
  • File Collaboration
  • Reduce Email traffic
  • Custom Lists
  • Custom permissions for files
It works very well to share content within a defined team. It is not ideal if you need to share content with people outside your team. The risk is to get a proliferation of teams that then become dormant
Read Rodrigo Amigorena's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams is our main resource of collaboration, communication, and projects. It is used across the entire organization and it helps cut down on the number of applications we have to use. Everything is slowly being integrated into Teams so it is a one-stop-shop for everything we need. We use it for everything from the channels to chat to scheduling meetings internally and externally.
  • Easy to use platform - It is easy to set up and it is easy for users to learn how to use it.
  • Integrations with other Microsoft Products - I like that it integrates with SharePoint and Outlook. I'm able to easily schedule meetings and share files.
  • It is continuing to evolve - It seems like every few months there is something new.
  • Lacks the ability to make one screen the main screen during a video call, it would be nice to pick a primary one if you have one main presenter and multiple people on the call. We use it to show our white board.
  • I wish the button to take notes for a meeting were more obvious. You have to join the chat to start the notes, which took me a while to figure out.
  • I wish the file structure integrated a little better with SharePoint and new folders weren't necessarily created.
Microsoft Teams is well suited for almost every scenario I can think of. Whether it is a large or small team or a non-profit/for-profit business or even a college, I think it can be a very valuable tool for everyone because of the way it promotes collaboration and gets you away from email. It is a lot easier to track conversations.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Muhammad Mulla | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Microsoft Teams in our organization for chat, sharing, collaboration, and for telephone calls and meetings (voice as well as video). It is a great all-in-one tool, and the teams that have access to all the features have embraced it quite quickly. We often get requests from people who are still on Skype for Business that they should be fully enabled/migrated to Teams as we are doing a phased migration.
  • File sharing for the team
  • Chat
  • Sometimes a single-pane of glass may be difficult for people to use.
Microsoft Teams is well suited in a collaborative environment. Especially if you have remote team members, it is probably less well suited if the only people you need to communicate with for your role are located in your immediate vicinity.
Read Muhammad Mulla's full review
Guillermo Villamizar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams is being used by the whole organization, and it allows the entire company to be communicated at every moment. It is really easy to set up a call or a meeting, and it allows to add more participants if needed without any problem. It really helps to stay closer to your coworkers.
  • Easy to set up phone calls.
  • Easy to set up meetings.
  • The audio codecs could be a bit better.
  • Login in the app fails sometimes.
We have multiple companies in different countries across America and
Europe. With this software, the capabilities of communicating with
anyone across the company has expanded and even with people on-the-go
because they can use the mobile app to stay in touch with their co-workers. Excellent for companies with branches in different locations.
Read Guillermo Villamizar's full review
Eddie Moncayo, MBA, SWP, RACR | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams is an incredibly powerful tool that easily makes communication and collaboration possible for remote and dispersed teams. Its chat function is stellar and it's document sharing easily makes it a must-have for any organization. The ability to access additional add on apps, along with its ability to make phone calls and share calendars is a game-changer.
  • Document loading and sharing is a game-changer for instant collaboration, especially with multiple individuals.
  • Chat functionality easily rivals Slack and the integration of chat with Teams other powerful functions makes it a must-have for communication.
  • Calendar and voice functions are also integrated into the tool and essential.
  • More third party apps are needed.
  • When transitioning from Skype to Teams, some quirky things occurred when identifying user statuses.
Microsoft Teams is suited for business of all sizes, so long as you can pay the licenses for all of the users. The tool is incredibly powerful and integrates beautifully with Office 365 products. It's especially strong when collaborating with workgroups needing to drive projects and presentations to closure. The calendar integration is also a nice touch along with the ability to communicate via voice.
Read Eddie Moncayo, MBA, SWP, RACR's full review
Sierra Schubach | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Team is being used across our entire organization. We use it to communicate between different departments and within our own departments. We did not receive any formal training, so we are just now starting to use it for our conference calls and meetings. We use it to share files and calendar integration is very useful for our company.
  • Outlook integration
  • Outlook calendar integration
  • Creating different teams for communication
  • It isn't as intuitive as I would like, I find myself clicking around a lot when I am looking for a certain task
  • Notifications are limited and don't always work
  • Settings are limited
This tech is well suited for communication between coworkers and teams within an organization. The meetings option is awesome and very user-friendly both on desktop and on a mobile device. I personally love dark mode. The teams options is great for sending mass messages and collaborating. Sharing files is easy and making calls is also great within the program.
Read Sierra Schubach's full review
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Right now, our company uses Teams for daily operations, meetings, and training. We have several groups set up as different departments, each with their own channels set up as projects. Each channel allows multiple tabs, in which we insert OneNote, Word, Excel, and web links to increase efficiency. The chat and screen share function is utilized daily.
  • A place to collaborate.
  • Native workspace to bring in other MS products, and even other web-based sites, and resources.
  • Increases efficiency between multiple MS products and features.
  • Wish you could share/send a channel between other groups.
  • Would like to see better web support for viewing Excel files, or other websites.
  • Can be a bit time consuming when managing the Wiki data, especially when removing old channels from OneDrive.
In a collaborative setting or one that requires information to be shared across offices and locations, Microsoft Teams is well suited. If you like the SharePoint site ergonomics than no, teams is not SharePoint. It's another way to interact with the same information, though.
Read Matthew Smith's full review
Melinda Saternis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Microsoft Teams to communicate throughout the company. It's still being implemented in some sections but is rolling out quickly and able to meet our needs.
  • It's fast with very few issues revolving around connectivity
  • It's significantly updated compared to some other chat programs that we also use.
  • There are more features making it more enjoyable to use.
  • I actually haven't come across any true issues with it yet. It's been able to meet all our needs and then some.
In my line of work sometimes I just have a quick question that doesn't necessarily require an email being sent, this is the perfect way to accomplish my task. I'm able to send off a quick chat directly to the person and hear back instantly. My particular space is very quiet and when I need to ask a coworker next to me a question, this makes it easier.
Read Melinda Saternis's full review
Ho'omana Nathan Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams allows for collaboration and integrates super nicely with other Microsoft products, especially Office. We use it for collaborating on documents especially, and especially when working on projects with smaller teams. Although Google Drive works well too and we've used it for years, Teams is ultimately better for Microsoft integration.
  • As with all Microsoft products of late, Teams integrates very nicely with other Microsoft products, namely Windows, Active Directory, OneDrive, and Office.
  • Since most of our productivity software is from Microsoft, everything pulls together super easily.
  • Teams also works well (better than Skype for Business in my opinion) for quick IMs to others in the organization.
  • Honestly, the biggest problem I have with Teams (and this isn't their fault), is that we're already invested in lots of other stuff that does all this.
  • It's nice that Teams brings this all together, AND that it's free, but it's a lot to switch over.
Microsoft Teams is great for keeping videoconferencing, IMing, Office collaboration, etc. in one place, all using Microsoft accounts already set up by our organization. We had been using Google Drive\Docs for collaborative file work, Slack for chatting with channels, Zoom for video communication, Outlook for email, etc. Teams can handle almost all of this, and although it's a little tricky to switch over now, this would be super effective and simple long term.
Read Ho'omana Nathan Horton's full review
Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using teams for a team of 30-40 people and have found it beneficial as it manages teams very nicely. As we have team sessions as well, we generally are on conference calls. The call quality has been great as compared to Skype for Business (Formerly Lync). I did like the feature of the voice mail being emailed as well and a complete text narration added of the voice message as well. Overall it is a great piece of work.
  • Make Calls and Chats
  • Manage Teams and Discussions
  • Voicemail
  • Status of a user is only refreshed once they are selected
  • When a conference call is joined, the join link opens a browser window even if the desktop app is already installed
  • Login Credentials are not saved
I would recommend the product to any team as it has a lot of features and ease on managing teams plus updating details. The personal chats can be ignored and team chats can be made so all the team is updated with one update and to and fro communication is made limited.
Read Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR's full review
Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams allows our my company to create virtual groups for collaboration. This is especially helpful for project and interdepartmental work. It also serves as a great chat platform. I can see who's available and chat with them quickly. Very fast and efficient. It even allows collaboration with third-party, outside users to our company. I can add vendors and other stakeholders, such as consultants, to a team for document sharing and other project-oriented work.
  • The chat feature is great. I can see who's available, and if they're busy, I can see when they're free. If they are available, I can chat with them in real-time, no matter where they're located. This is much easier than email, which can get backed up quickly or texting since some team members prefer not to give out their cell number.
  • Documentation sharing and collaboration is really good. I can upload a document and share it with my team. We can review together in real-time, and even make edits to it together. Very easy to use.
  • There's a call feature in Teams as well that is pretty handy. We still use Webex, but if I need I can open a meeting and have a face-to-face virtual call with others in my Team.
  • The third-party apps could be improved. Webex has an app in Teams, but it really doesn't do much of anything exciting. Easier to just use Teams or Webex. I feel like it's trying too hard.
  • People can turn off their availability, or set it to what they want, not necessarily what their calendar dictates. I understand the need for it, but it defeats the chat effectiveness if I don't know if someone's available or not. I prefer everyone to be transparent, but I get it.
Collaboration across locations is a big plus. I work with employees, contractors, vendors, and consultants from across the country. Teams allows me to quickly and efficiently have discussions, plan, share and make decisions without being co-located. Obviously, a face-to-face meeting is preferred (to me at least) in almost every situation, but it's just not practical all the time.
Read Richard Crane's full review
Mary Burke | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2019

I'm A Fan!

Microsoft Teams is used across the campus in various ways. It's a great way to collaborate and share work across different groups. I have teams for my individual department, my building, committees I serve on, and, my favorite usage, to control and distribute the work of my student-workers. It allows content to be stored, shared, and edited easily. As one who works with large files, it's so easy to upload content for others to view rather than chasing people down with external drives.
  • Communication - The chat feature allows conversations to be logged about specific projects. These conversations can be referenced easily for clarification.
  • Collaboration - Group work is easy with Teams. Files can be shared and edited across campus without leaving the office.
  • Storage - My computer's hard drive is freed up from files.
  • I haven't experienced an issue yet.
Student-workers help with digitizing and writing the metadata for many of the collections I work with (I work in university archives). Teams allows me to communicate clearly with each student on his/her specific project, and monitor their progress. Each of my student workers has access to their specific project through a folder on our team-site. I am able to track their work, answer specific questions through the chat feature (since we don't always work in the same physical space), and also see what they're seeing. It's a great tool for supervisors. In committee settings, it's a great way to share meeting minutes, ideas, resources, and more, without cluttering up your inbox. I love how organized it all is.
Read Mary Burke's full review
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2019

Teams works with Teams

As part of our integrated services with Microsoft, it was a cost-effective way to manage projects remotely and between two campuses.
  • Messaging.
  • Organization.
  • Integration.
  • Better notifications setup to avoid missed messages.
  • Make it more robust while separate from the entire suite of MS products
  • More integration with non-MS products.
Team messaging is where, well, Teams excels. You can group your messaging departmentally or individually.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Nick Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Teams has been a helpful resource to communicate amongst a large group of people and connect with various platforms to share data and project-related information in a single interface. On one particular job team members from project management, field supervision, accounting, spatial coordination can all quickly connect one-on-one or as a group.
  • Individual communication for quick dialogue rather than responding back-and-forth through emails.
  • Connecting to other platforms like Microsoft Planner, Outlook Calendar, and OneDrive makes seamless integration to other applications.
  • Can have multiple teams for different projects all in the same interface.
  • Difficult to find a specific person on a team to send a private message.
  • Can't send an "@everyone" message to alert people (as far as I can find)
  • Difficult to add people outside of your organizational email structure.
I find it fairly helpful but prefer Slack as a primary team communication tool that answers some of the cons previously listed (adding any user, quickly messaging a specific person, alerting the entire team easily).
Read Nick Tanner's full review

Workflow Automation (7)
6.4
Mobile Access (23)
Search (22)
Visual planning tools (12)
Chat (26)
Notifications (26)
Discussions (24)
Surveys (8)
Internal knowledgebase (9)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (1)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (2)
Integrates with Outlook (22)
Versioning (15)
Video files (18)
Audio files (18)
Document collaboration (23)
Access control (19)
Advanced security features (13)
Integrates with Google Drive (5)
Device sync (16)

About Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams combines video conferencing software with team collaboration tools. The communications platform allows MS Office users to conduct conference calls and share files via SharePoint, and join or initiate a group chat.

Microsoft Teams features three tiers of pricing. The first is a subscription-less, free option that offers the same features as the other two tiers but does not offer administration tools like analytics and access to on-premise servers, or support features like 24/7 phone and web support. The second and third tiers are based on the size of your business and its conferencing needs. Its “Office 365 Business Premium” option starts at $12.50 a month per user, with a required annual commitment, and its “Office 365 E3” option for enterprises starts at $20 a month per user, also with a required annual commitment.

Key Features
Meetings: Meet with teams of 10 or 10,000. Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.

Calling: Its Phone System feature enables PBX capabilities including call control in Office 365 and replaces on-premises PBX. Its calling features are customizable to fit your organization’s unique needs.

Microsoft Teams Technical Details