Overall Satisfaction with Accounting by Wave
I recommend it to many of my clients, set it up, monitor it and, in some cases, handle some of the date categorization. In some cases, clients use only the invoicing feature which provides us with information for revenue entries in our on-site software and information to process sales tax reports.
- It does a wonderful job of invoicing and billing - great for tracking outstanding receivable and payables.
- Love the ability to add my own general ledger accounts.
- Entering journal entries is easy and provides needed flexibility.
- We need to be able to create a template for general journal entries so that we don't have to enter every line on repetitive monthly entries.
- Need the ability to choose cash or accrual for sales tax reporting.
- Re sales tax liabilities, I really don't want a separate liability account for each sales tax jurisdiction. When I pay, I make one payment for multiple jurisdictions.
I use Simply Accounting for clients with more complicated needs. Wave is great for small businesses with simpler needs. But it does complement very nicely with things like have a client do their own invoicing while we maintain everything else in Simply