Overall Satisfaction with Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
Alameda Health System is using Zix throughout the organization to allow sending Patient and Employee information securely. AHS IT has a philosophy of "make it easy to do the right thing, and hard to do the wrong thing". Zix helps us do that through it's policies to allow users to use tags in the subject to encrypt the messages, but also scan all outbound emails for HIPAA privacy and other regulated content to automatically secure or prevent sending of information. Incidental email of PHI was identified as one of our highest risks, and Zix has made it easy to reduce that risk for our organization. Including setup and training we were operational within one week.
- Easily integrated into our existing mail flow. It was very easy and non-intrusive to setup.
- Immediately reduced the risk of HIPAA privacy and other regulatory content from being sent unsecurely.
- Provides a way to easily get reports, track, and ensure email with PHI has been sent securely.
- Implementation was great. The blue "sent securely" banner can be a little annoying, but it is good to let the users know it was sent securely. Would like option to customize it.
- Zix has reduced our risk, which has reduced concerns of liability of paying damages for HIPAA privacy violations.
- Provided an easy and secure way to send PHI externally. Many times the user may hit Reply-All and not realize that an external address was included in the request for information.
- It allows easy tracking for IT, Compliance, and Risk to ensure messages were transmitted securely with encryption.
Met our requirements, was "common in the industry" and used by a majority of other organizations that we needed to email patient information (insurance companies, county agencies, other hospitals). It's annual subscription model fit well in our budget and we are able to scale up relatively easy if our number of employees increases.
Zix is definitely well suited in Healthcare. A lot of email sent externally can contain elements of Protected Health Information (PHI). We noticed right away how it was sending to other Zix customers "transparently" (Zix Gateway to Zix Gateway) which let us know we made a good "common" decision. This not only includes other healthcare systems, but also insurance companies and county agencies.