Likelihood to Recommend
I think Coinbase is a great place to start for people that are just getting acquainted with the cryptocurrency space. The interface works as much like a traditional bank as you could expect, considering Coinbase is not a bank, so it's very easy for users to get a handle on what is going on.Storing money long-term in Coinbase is not particularly advisable, as the nature of cryptocurrency is that you are to trust no one with your secure keys. By using Coinbase, you are inherently breaking that idea, and trusting Coinbase to keep your funds secure for you.
- Very simple dashboard for monitoring your coins
- Makes buying and selling Cryptocurrencies very simple once your account is set up
- Has a price alert feature for monitoring prices when they go above or below your target prices
- The fees are way too high. Once you get used to trading cryptocurrency you should find a better solution.
- Their customer support is abysmal
Based on 2 answers
I haven't needed to contact support for Coinbase yet—it's probably because it is super easy to use and very intuitive. If I were to use the support, it would probably be better than these other companies because most of the other ones come from foreign markets or aren't as big as Coinbase.
Coinbase definitely provides the most impressive user experience of all the crypto-currency exchanges.Coinbase is one of only a few that US uses to buy crypto with fiat (USD) currency, making it on the short list of feasible platforms to use. However, Coinbase does lack options for utilizing non-mainstream (alt) crypto-currencies. I selected Coinbase because they are the most robust, complete feeling, user experience. Their security practices are top-notch, and they have insurance policies to cover their customers in the event of a compromise.
Return on Investment
- There are no chargebacks which saves money if you are using it for ecommerce
- It easily allows you to purchase coins, which saves you time
- It's an easy to use platform, which saves you time in learning
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?