Likelihood to Recommend
If you are having an application which requires authentications of users and want to have a central space where you can store all your user data, Firebase is a lifesaver. You can deploy your application once and then control all the operations from the console itself.In case your applications do not require any authentications and simply available to all the users who download/install it, Firebase might be of less use in that case.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 1001-5000 employees
If you need to create an interactive data report, optimize a workflow, handle hierarchical data or make calculations in a powerful spreadsheet, you will find a proper widget for your needs in the Webix UI library. If we want to display data in various forms Webix UI layouts and widget help to organize a web page and define its overall look-and-feel.
- Analytics wise, retention is extremely important to our app, therefore we take advantage of the cohort analysis to see the impact of our middle funnel (retargeting, push, email) efforts affect the percent of users that come back into the app. Firebase allows us to easily segment these this data and look at a running average based on certain dates.
- When it comes to any mobile app, a deep linking strategy is essential to any apps success. With Firebase's Dynamic Links, we are able to share dynamic links (recognize user device) that are able to redirect to in-app content. These deep links allow users to share other deep-linked content with friends, that also have link preview assets.
- Firebase allows users to effectively track events, funnels, and MAUs. With this simple event tracking feature, users can put organize these events into funnels of their main user flows (e.g., checkout flows, onboarding flows, etc.), and subsequently be able to understand where the drop-off is in the funnel and then prioritize areas of the funnel to fix. Also, MAU is important to be able to tell if you are bringing in new users and what's the active volume for each platform (Android, iOS).
- The Kanban Control allowed to implement a compelling task management system with little effort.
- The Chart Control made it easy to create our dashboard and it was a lot easier than using D3js as we did before. D3 allows a lot more flexibility but it takes often 10 times longer to get a chart done than using Webix.
- Support at Webix is very helpful and responsive.
- Attribution and specifically multi-touch attribution could be more robust such as Branch or Appsflyer but understand this isn't Firebases bread and butter.
- More parameters. Firebase allows you to track tons of events (believe it's up to 50 or so) but the parameters of the events it only allows you to track 5 which is so messily and unbelievable. So you're able to get good high-level data but if you want to get granular with the events and actions are taken on your app to get real data insight you either have to go with a paid data analytics platform or bring on someone that's an expert in SQL to go through Big Query.
- City-specific data instead of just country-specific data would have been a huge plus as well.
Based on 2 answers
It is simple to use overall, the console's main menu is divided into Develop, Quality, Analytics and Grow - which have further subdivisions by their set of features and tools. Develop and Quality are relevant for product and tech. Analytics is relevant for product, analytics and Grow is relevant for marketing. This makes the overall use very easy.
Vice-President in MarketingInternet Company, 51-200 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 14 answers
Our analytics folks handled the majority of the communication when it came to customer service, but as far as I was aware, the support we got was pretty good. When we had an issue, we were able to reach out and get support in a timely fashion. Firebase was easy to reach and reasonably available to assist when needed.
Employee in OtherMedia Production Company, 51-200 employees
Webix UI 8.0
Based on 2 answers
Before using Firebase, we exclusively used self hosted database services. Using Firebase has allowed us to reduce reliance on single points of failure and systems that are difficult to scale. Additionally, Firebase is much easier to set up and use than any sort of self hosted database. This simplicity has allowed us to try features that we might not have based on the amount of work they required in the past.
Manager in Information TechnologyRestaurants Company, 501-1000 employees
Return on Investment
- Makes building real-time interfaces easy to do at scale with no backend involvement.
- Very low pricing for small companies and green-fields projects.
- Lack of support for more complicated queries needs to be managed by users and often forces strange architecture choices for data to enable it to be easily accessed.
Director in EngineeringComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
$0.01 Per Verification
Firebase Editions & Modules
- Per Verification
- Per GiB
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
$349 for one user and one project
Webix UI Editions & Modules
- for one user and one project
- one project, unlimited developers
- unlimited projects, 5+ developers
- unlimited projects unlimited developers