Likelihood to Recommend
It really depends on why my colleague is evaluating Foglight. If it is for Database monitoring and management, I highly recommend it. If it is for anything else, I would encourage them to look at others in this space.
- Foglight NMS is very light on resources given the amount of monitoring connectivity options it provides. It is one of the few that I've trialed in the past that offers SNMP v3 connections.
- The dashboard is concise with the main areas of interest. It can be customized as well if you have a particular use case.
- Setting up alerts is straightforward with the ability to set custom thresholds. Alert emails get sent by configuring a primary mail server with the option to add a backup mail server in the event of a primary mail server outage or connectivity issues.
Return on Investment
- For the past 5 years, we heavily leveraged their application synthetic capabilities which caught several outages to our online presence before our users did or as they did, saving us valuable time and money to get back up and running.
- Their ability to deep dive into databases has helped the rollout of our new software, speeding up the time to market. We have been able to identify problems with our code in the staging and development tiers, ensuring we release better, more stable software to our customers.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?