Overall Satisfaction with Foglight
Foglight is being used in our company to help our IS department to monitor our applications and infrastructure. It helps us to address from End User issues, application, vmware and database. It also help us to quickly be notified through integration with xMatters on important issues happening in our environment.
- VMWare Monitoring
- Custom use of scripts and dashboard
- Performance Analysis for Database
- Remote Monitoring for Linux and Windows.
- A common complaint I hear from our users is that it has a confusing UI.
- For End User monitoring it requires a good time troubleshooting "network issues", creating the right filters and make sure you are receiving the right information which sometimes is not straight forward to figure out.
- Had issues in the past for Foglight firing false alarms monitoring Weblogic Application Servers, it required a lot of customization to adjust those metrics. Although those are no longer a issue with their latest release of the cartridge for application servers.
- Great value for vmWare monitoring.
- Helps our eCommerce team to troubleshoot issues and make end user experience better.