What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Any rollout is well suited for a FortiAP - from small office networks, to large warehouse deployments. Adding additional APs to your network is simple and easy. Monitoring is simple with Forticloud monitoring. Configuring the devices can be as complex or as simple as you need. Adding additional Fortinet devices (I have switches and firewalls) makes the network even more secure and easy to manage - all devices working in tandem make monitoring much easier
- Excellent coverage - we use the smaller models - FP321 and 221, but I have never had an issue with coverage for my users.
- Easy to install - configuration and deploy is super simply - our network isn't super complex, but I had no issues rolling these out.
- FortiCloud allows me to monitor my AP network easily and quickly - gives me alerts, updates and status on a single pane of glass.
- Deploying your first AP is a little confusing - you need to register it with Fortinet, and then deploy it. I am a master now, but this took me call to support to understand how to roll these out.
- Adding them in to the correct folders on Forticloud took a little bit of figuring out, but again, once I had it it was simple.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
This is an excellent product for an SMB - cost isn't outrageous and deploy is simple. I can monitor my network without breaking the bank.
Based on 1 answer
I've never had an issue they could not resolve. They are diligent and thorough and also explain what is wrong and how to fix it. I don't like not understanding a product I deploy, and least on some level. Their support helps me to understand issues and how it can be resolved
I think all Fortinet clients are definitely business level products. Easy to use. Hardens your network against attack. Gives you more visibility into your network at all times. Helps you get a handle on your users and environment. Definitely worth the cost.
Return on Investment
- Increased overall coverage of wireless for my users - no more calls about dropped wireless (our cell service is very spotty).
- Easy to roll out - no issues here.
- Expensive - you are paying for a business, not a home use devices - sticker shock might happen initially.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?