What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Budget and Expense Management
- Portfolio view is great to get a feel for how your programme is running at a glance and which areas possibly might require attention. The fact that you can customise your view by adding your own columns is another plus.
- All project information in one tool is a big plus for me considering the amount of projects we run with. This really improves efficiency and saves me time. You have the ability to add documents to tasks, manage risks, email resources tasks due for projects they are assigned to(might need some refinement depending on your requirements), material db with costing etc.
- While the portfolio view is great is becomes difficult/cluttered with many projects. Highlighting master projects will help. Creating a tree view for master project and its sub projects would even be better.
- Reporting is a big part of any project. While rationalplan has reports for key areas the presentation of these reports could really be improved. Make it more presentable. Add some burndown charts. I hate to compare you to MS Project but they do reporting really well in MS Project.
- The email function is another great idea. Would be great if one had an option to either email an entire portfolio or by active project. At times I’m still scoping certain projects and if the WBS is not yet complete then this incomplete project is also communicated via email which leads to frustration in the team. You don’t always want to communicate tasks for all projects to all resources.
- One need to be able to: Email per project
- Email entire portfolio (as currently the case)
- Email by resource (send pending or outstanding tasks to the resource in question)
- Add a portfolio dashboard with graphical speed and bar charts giving you a glimpse of late projects, projects slipping, not started in progress etc., for your portfolio.
I use Multi which is the standalone platform. While there is no team collaboration it does have an email feature built in. Rational Plan does have the Server option but it all comes at a price the same as Wrike.I have used many free and commercial platforms and rationalplan multi is a good balance with features especially if some of the proposed feature requests are implemented.
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
RationalPlan Editions & Modules
1. Lifetime License per Seat
1. per user