https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZX/jQ/M0M0AG818UQX.PNGThe best task management system I've ever usedWrike provides us with a ton of data. We use this data to measure the effects of our Research and Project Management Team. We live in Wrike every day and we can pull daily, weekly, monthly or customized reports which allow our managers to determine team and department workload.,It's better than Trello in that it helped us scale as our professional services organization grew. Wrike stood out from the rest by being a robust and flexible project management tool. Wrike has very clean and user-friendly interface. You don't have to hunt for your work or get hung upon technical glitches or errors, you see what you need to see when you want to see it.,I would like to see Wrike extensions on Firefox too, not just chrome. Can sometimes be slow, but enough to disrupt my work in any significant manner (Unlike other systems),9,I like the amount of visibility and collaboration within Wrike.,Asana,Asana, Clarizen, Taskworld, PodioWRIKE! Good for some, not so good for others.Our company uses Wrike as an overall project/task management tool. It started in our production department, and has since been implemented company wide. It is used to address our issues with task tracking, time management, task responsibility and overall project tracking/communication. It has also become a useful resource in compiling company protocols and information on the Wrike knowledge base.,Wrike does a great job tracking tasks, and providing a space for project specific communication. Wrike is extremely useful for delineating responsibility and assigning projects digitally, and tracking the progress of those projects. The application is a great tool for compiling company info, and allowing users across the organization to access department specific info from all over the company.,Setting up an entire project with dependencies etc. can be daunting and is a lot like databasing. It is not the most user friendly. Email notifications should be done differently. Users are alerted to every mention/inbox/project or task update, and then another general Wrike update email. It can become a bit much. Despite being a great tool for project management and task/project assignment etc., it promotes unrealistic goals when getting tasks/deadlines from users who have no idea what your workload is or what is on your task list.,8,I believe that as far as project management goes for our various productions, it has been a great ROI. The issues with it being more than we need may be perceived as a negative impact on ROI, as we are not able to fully utilize it, and it can be a disservice to some staff. For project management though, especially at an organization using it solely for those purposes, it is great. The document management, and communication does not add much to the ROI as it tends to muck things up more with different versions. The functionality is not very good for the editing/comment sections of the document portion.,Microsoft Project and ProWorkflow,Slack, RightSignature, JustworksExactly what I wantWrike is being used in our entire department as the main project managing tool. Wrike designed perfectly and can suit those who want to be highly organized in their job. It is completely web-based software, so you don't have to download anything. You can organize your projects and events easily within unlimited folders.The timeline tool is great for prioritizing and tracking your budget and your events.,Easy to keep organized. Harmonized notification process. Document sharing is awesome.,Could be more user-friendly. It will take time to adapt. Mobile version needs update.,8,Wrike suits perfectly our organization. As I said it will take time for beginners. But you will never get stuck because they have a great customer care.,Basecamp and Trello,Edmodo, Slack, Dropbox, SurveyMonkeyYou Don't Need a Project Management Certification to Use WrikeI use Wrike for managing all types of creative and web design projects. It has everything I need for scheduling and deadlines. I make lots of notes throughout each project and export them at the end. It gives me an accurate picture of the project and serves as a record of client requests and interaction. I am generally the only user although I've used it to coordinate multi-channel marketing efforts for a small team in the past. With projects/folders and task breakdowns, I can accurately plan projects and see my project load at a glance. It definitely keeps me organized and gives me a visual way of looking at my work load.,Projects and tasks. It's very easy to create a project or folder and subsequent tasks. When I used it for a larger team, we had an enterprise level subscription and the ability to create numerous folders and sub-folders. We planned out the entire folder structure, scheduled every marketing task and put everything on a schedule. Once it was set up, it was an invaluable tool for managing all of our activities. Project filters and views. You can drill down and filter projects to see specific timelines or tasks. I especially liked the feature where you could export the whole thing to Excel to manipulate further, or pass on as a report. Wrike can easily provide a clear picture of what's "on your plate" for a few days, weeks or even months. Interface. I'm a fan of clean UIs and Wrike has always been uncluttered (even with tons of tasks) and easy to use. The interface is glitch-free and I don't have any problems. Files upload, changes save automatically, etc. They regularly add new features and I like the integrations with Google Drive and dropbox. Many times, I upload comps or drafts of creative I'm working on, along with notes.,Minor - assigning a default user. Each time I add a task now I have to assign a user. With me as the primary user, I would love to be able to set myself as a default. I've read some discussion on this and it can be done if you add the task under "My Work." When I'm adding multiple tasks, that extra step seems counterproductive.,9,On an enterprise level, I thought Wrike was competitively priced, though on the higher end. I feel it was well worth the cost as it brought the team together, reduced missed deadlines and kept some activities from falling through the cracks. By having a detailed breakdown of scheduled projects and tasks, I could identify areas where we could add or remove activities. Makes a powerful BI tool when combined with other reporting. After a year of tracking all our projects, we were able to export marketing campaign data and compare with sales data. It allowed use to see what seemed to work and what didn't.,Trello, Microsoft Project and Basecamp,Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, BufferGreat product, terrible nameOur whole organization is using Wrike, each department with a different purpose. It has helped solve huge problems in coordination and communication that used to exist in a much greater degree. These weren't just internal changes either, Wrike has helped us to provide better coordination and communication, as well as transparency, with clients. Since we adopted Wrike, clients have been more invested and helpful in our efforts to serve them. We even regularly assign them tasks, which has greatly increased the turn around time on data requests.,Wrike has a great timeline feature, that we use as a Gantt chart. Unlike other task management systems, this is included in the price and works very well. The milestones, dependencies, and subtasks make the charts very user-friendly. Wrike has an endless subtask system, which is necessary for our company. We looked at many different systems before selecting Wrike, and I was very surprised by the number of solutions that would only allow one level of subtasks. Creation of folders, projects, and tasks is extremely easy. It's also very easy to attach files, comments, and additional details. Much easier and faster than Teamwork. Inviting new team members and assigning them (or existing members) to folders, projects, or tasks is extremely easy and quick. Doesn't require a ton of additional clicks.,The recurring task system is very broken. It currently just duplicates your task(s) x number of times instead of renewing them after a requirement is met (i.e. date range or status). This might seem trivial, which is how I expected it would be, but it's not. It can quickly clutter your timeline and make it very difficult to sort through your tasks. If you need to move subtasks between main tasks, the current solution is a bit of a runaround. Obviously, setting up tasks/subtasks right the first time will make things a lot easier for you, but just know that if you need to make changes and move subtasks later on, it's going to take some time to get them moved. The name is problematic. Anytime we tell people about Wrike (clients, employees, partners, etc.), they immediately question the name. This might seem like a dumb complaint, but it derails many important conversations. Since Wrike sounds exactly like Reich, people get uncomfortable when it's mentioned. This is something you'll just have to deal with if you purchase the software because I don't imagine they'll be changing the name anytime soon.,8,Visibility and transparency have been a key interest of clients, and a big selling point to our services. It's hard to say how much of a direct impact this has had on sales, but it has definitely contributed to new client signups, which account for thousands of dollars every month. Management costs have decreased, as team leaders have to spend less time coordinating and checking in on their team members,Teamwork Projects, Teamwork Desk, Asana and Wunderlist,Slack, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Wunderlist, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, SpyFu, SimilarWeb PRO, Google Drive, Google Forms, Box, Dropbox
Wrike

Wrike Reviews

Wrike
Top Rated Award
Filter 239 vetted Wrike reviews and ratings
June 18, 2018

Wrike Review: "The best task management system I've ever used"

• It's better than Trello in that it helped us scale as our professional services organization grew.
  • Wrike stood out from the rest by being a robust and flexible project management tool.
  • Wrike has very clean and user-friendly interface. You don't have to hunt for your work or get hung upon technical glitches or errors, you see what you need to see when you want to see it.
  • I would like to see Wrike extensions on Firefox too, not just chrome.
  • Can sometimes be slow, but enough to disrupt my work in any significant manner (Unlike other systems)
We have a lot of back-and-forth between teams, and Wrike makes that easier to deal with. As a result, there's less frustration on an individual level and higher productivity across the department. I also personally really like the calendar view. It makes it easy to see what coming weeks look like and if I need to work hard to get ahead and not get swamped.
James Weiss profile photo
March 01, 2018

Review: "WRIKE! Good for some, not so good for others."

• Wrike does a great job tracking tasks, and providing a space for project specific communication.
  • Wrike is extremely useful for delineating responsibility and assigning projects digitally, and tracking the progress of those projects.
  • The application is a great tool for compiling company info, and allowing users across the organization to access department specific info from all over the company.
  • Setting up an entire project with dependencies etc. can be daunting and is a lot like databasing. It is not the most user friendly.
  • Email notifications should be done differently. Users are alerted to every mention/inbox/project or task update, and then another general Wrike update email. It can become a bit much.
  • Despite being a great tool for project management and task/project assignment etc., it promotes unrealistic goals when getting tasks/deadlines from users who have no idea what your workload is or what is on your task list.
For our company, and others, Wrike is a perfect option for project management, especially considering the ability to gauge task time etc. The issue is though, unless you are technical in nature or very project based, it can become a hindrance. So, for our organization it works great for getting certain productions off the ground/managed, but for simple task management it is too much and can cause more harm than good.
Read James Weiss's full review
Lidia Duda profile photo
December 05, 2017

Wrike Review: "Exactly what I want"

• Easy to keep organized.
  • Harmonized notification process.
  • Document sharing is awesome.
  • Could be more user-friendly.
  • It will take time to adapt.
  • Mobile version needs update.
Wrike has perfect design, but its interface is little bit confusing. There are great tools for almost every kind of task and project. And you can see all of our clients, projects and tasks in one place, that's amazing. You can check which departments are overloaded and which team already done their tasks. In my view every project manager must have Wrike, because it leads you to always keep organized and be on time.
Read Lidia Duda's full review
Valerie A. Williams profile photo
October 06, 2017

Review: "You Don't Need a Project Management Certification to Use Wrike"

• Projects and tasks. It's very easy to create a project or folder and subsequent tasks. When I used it for a larger team, we had an enterprise level subscription and the ability to create numerous folders and sub-folders. We planned out the entire folder structure, scheduled every marketing task and put everything on a schedule. Once it was set up, it was an invaluable tool for managing all of our activities.
  • Project filters and views. You can drill down and filter projects to see specific timelines or tasks. I especially liked the feature where you could export the whole thing to Excel to manipulate further, or pass on as a report. Wrike can easily provide a clear picture of what's "on your plate" for a few days, weeks or even months.
  • Interface. I'm a fan of clean UIs and Wrike has always been uncluttered (even with tons of tasks) and easy to use. The interface is glitch-free and I don't have any problems. Files upload, changes save automatically, etc. They regularly add new features and I like the integrations with Google Drive and dropbox. Many times, I upload comps or drafts of creative I'm working on, along with notes.
  • Minor - assigning a default user. Each time I add a task now I have to assign a user. With me as the primary user, I would love to be able to set myself as a default. I've read some discussion on this and it can be done if you add the task under "My Work." When I'm adding multiple tasks, that extra step seems counterproductive.
I've tried other project management and collaboration tools but Wrike is it for me. I have no project management certifications but I am technically savvy. Some PM tools were overkill for my needs but Wrike easily did what I wanted it to do: schedule multiple marketing channel activities and assign tasks related to getting them out. For example, we had direct mail campaigns, email blasts, social media posts and industry specific ads that went on throughout the year. I was able to schedule everything and generate monthly and quarterly schedules for senior management so they knew what we were doing in advance. I assigned tasks to graphic designers and others on the team related to each project. In terms of more traditional project management, Wrike can do that too. Gantt charts, scheduling resources, dependencies, time management, etc. It is awesome for web design projects.

Read Valerie A. Williams's full review
October 10, 2017

Wrike Review: "Great product, terrible name"

• Wrike has a great timeline feature, that we use as a Gantt chart. Unlike other task management systems, this is included in the price and works very well. The milestones, dependencies, and subtasks make the charts very user-friendly.
  • Wrike has an endless subtask system, which is necessary for our company. We looked at many different systems before selecting Wrike, and I was very surprised by the number of solutions that would only allow one level of subtasks.
  • Creation of folders, projects, and tasks is extremely easy. It's also very easy to attach files, comments, and additional details. Much easier and faster than Teamwork.
  • Inviting new team members and assigning them (or existing members) to folders, projects, or tasks is extremely easy and quick. Doesn't require a ton of additional clicks.
  • The recurring task system is very broken. It currently just duplicates your task(s) x number of times instead of renewing them after a requirement is met (i.e. date range or status). This might seem trivial, which is how I expected it would be, but it's not. It can quickly clutter your timeline and make it very difficult to sort through your tasks.
  • If you need to move subtasks between main tasks, the current solution is a bit of a runaround. Obviously, setting up tasks/subtasks right the first time will make things a lot easier for you, but just know that if you need to make changes and move subtasks later on, it's going to take some time to get them moved.
  • The name is problematic. Anytime we tell people about Wrike (clients, employees, partners, etc.), they immediately question the name. This might seem like a dumb complaint, but it derails many important conversations. Since Wrike sounds exactly like Reich, people get uncomfortable when it's mentioned. This is something you'll just have to deal with if you purchase the software because I don't imagine they'll be changing the name anytime soon.
Wrike is great for communication/coordination within teams and between teams. It allowed us to create a streamlined process of onboarding, processing, serving, reporting, invoicing, and offboarding for each client. This process requires the efforts of multiple individuals from multiple teams, as well as the sign-off and approval from team leaders. It's also great for and services company or freelancer that needs to show accountability for their work, as we client can be added as a "collaborator" on any given project or task.
October 12, 2017

User Review: "Wrike is right for us."

Everyone in my org uses Wrike for all of our business processes - from a simple to-do list for items we want purchased or picked up at the store, all the way to using it for Agile development tracking using the "Board" view for project issues. I tried out multiple applications for this kind of functionality, but none were able to combine all the functions I wanted in a simple, clean, elegant interface.

Wrike is critical to my company. Without it, I'd be using 3 or 4 different solutions to do what I do with it.
  • Project Scrum Boards. I have one user who loves lists. I prefer the board view. When we get a project manager pulled into a project they prefer using the Timeline or Stream views. All so easy to switch between.
  • Conversion of notes and data collection into a project. We have so much research going on and dump tons of information into folders. When we're ready to pounce it's so easy to turn it into a full-blown project.
  • The communication is so easy in Wrike. I know a lot of people love Slack, but Wrike does all of that plus more.
  • An updated app that gives me the full Wrike experience on my phone. The app is great for communications and note taking, but not for managing the projects.
Quick projects. Targeted projects. Fast spin up and burn down. These are where it excels.

If you want a massive multi-year project with lots of resources and project managers all working together, perhaps a larger scale application would work better. But for startups, small businesses, Wrike is the application I will go to every time.
Deniz Huseby profile photo
July 20, 2016

Wrike Review: "All in one project management tool!"

Wrike is used as a "all in one" project management tool in our company. We use it to keep track on every production, deadline and subtask. Wrike's flexibility let us use it for multiple purposes, such as time logging, support, development and production. We also use Wrike for our status meetings and for internal projects.
  • Visual overview
  • Task management
  • Ease of use
  • Design
  • Lack of hours and minutes on time
  • CRM functionality would fit in
Read Deniz Huseby's full review
Mark Steward profile photo
April 27, 2016

Wrike Review: "Project management for busy managers"

We use Wrike across all our support functions. We constantly have multiple, cross-discipline projects in our pipeline. Wrike gives us the tools to keep all the gears moving. It keeps us informed of resource availability and enables us to make and manage more rational deliverables.
  • Ease of training and use. It doesn't take long to get a new user up and running.
  • Easily customizable dashboards. It's extremely easy to set up a dashboard view with the information most important to your individual project management needs.
  • Create custom project views. With a couple of clicks and/or drags, you can create any custom view required, and easily share it with others.
  • It needs another, middle, level of access. When sharing in Wrike, you are granting unlimited access to edit/delete the tasks/projects. It would be extremely useful to have a view-only level of sharing. Especially useful for views (folders) we create for multiple project overviews.
It's particularly well suited for a medium or small organization where formal project management training or experience may be lacking. It is easy to learn and use. Some project management software is very daunting, and creates its own road block to organization. Wrike still requires thought and user training, but it's ease of use leads to rapid and effective adoption.
Read Mark Steward's full review
Brandy Roberts, CPA profile photo
April 27, 2016

Wrike Review: "We're pretty happy with this tool!"

We aren't using Wrike much for a few departments (customer service and the print shop), but we are constantly pulling more into Wrike for all other areas of business management and development. Special projects, administration (accounting, human resources), IT and magazine production are largely reliant on Wrike to keep us notified and moving on planned and surprise tasks. We are using Wrike as a ticketing system to work with outsourced IT maintenance and development teams.
  • Streams! Seeing conversations in a filtered stream (like Facebook) helps me get caught up on what's happening right now within a particular department, project or personalized grouping.
  • Updating! Real time updates from within the interface via streams, toaster pop ups, and notification center as well as immediate notifications via status bar on my phone or tablet. Not working on the interface? No problem -- You'll also get a daily summary of what happened or an automated email within 5 minutes if you choose to.
  • Accountability! What I love most about this system is the accountability. The commenting, ability to link from one task to another, timers to show how much time was spent on each task (plus auto updates on timer comments along with regular comments) and history showing when a task was moved, reassigned, description changes and status changes.
  • While Wrike is receptive to feedback, their formal channel for feedback collection places a limit on how many ideas you can "vote" on. Understandably, not all ideas can be implemented or must be put on a timeline for development.
  • Of these limited requests that I'm able to vote on, these are largely rolled out for Enterprise version users only. One of their newest features available to me as a Professional user is changing the background colors. While it's a fun enhancement, I'd rather be able to create a group and assign a task to or update an entire group.
  • Reporting from a user perspective, such as following the work of an individual to audit a problem or assist with a performance review.
I've never managed projects before, so I don't exactly know how to respond to this required question. When selecting Wrike, the main problems I saw were ideas were discussed and not followed up on or assigned to multiple parties without the other knowing. Questions to ask yourself are how user friendly and powerful is this tool? Is there enough support from the organization or community to help my team through the learning curve? Will the tool play friendly with other programs I may like it to in the future?
Read Brandy Roberts, CPA's full review
John Hansknecht profile photo
March 16, 2016

Review: "Wrike's flexibility brings power to your team!"

Wrike is used by our technology department for the planning, management and tracking of all project and tasks except help desk tickets. We use it to keep track of regular service tasks. We also use it for the planning of our individual projects. On a personal level I use the GTD (Getting Things Done) planning methodology and Wrike works well to allow me to keep myself organized.
  • The ability to place tasks in multiple folders allows for some powerful organizational tools around your projects
  • I like the communication tools built in to Wrike. Communication within the department is definitely improved.
  • Wrike is easy to use and the client for Android works well for when you are mobile.
  • It would be nice if the comment section for tasks had a editor tool so you could, for example, bullet your comments.
Wrike's power is in it's flexibility and communication capabilities. It does lack some of the power in the area of task dependencies that are built in to more traditional project management tools. In selecting a product for project management you need to consider how your team will use the tool.
Read John Hansknecht's full review
Jennifer Montague profile photo
March 09, 2016

User Review: "Wrike Works."

Wrike is currently being used to manage our on-boarding process, as well as individual project management across multiple departments. Currently Wrike is being used by 4 departments here at our corporate office. Wrike addresses the issues with communication, multiple meetings where the objectives were not being met, as well as organization across the company on a singular project.
  • Wrike can be used in Outlook, as well as on your mobile device making it accessible any where and anytime you need it.
  • Wrike allows for multiple people to be assigned to a single task or to a folder allowing for more visibility and easier delegation of tasks.
  • Wrike has multiple views that allow for each person to be able to track how they would like, whether it is in a list or a chart.
  • Wrike allows for more than one user to update the same description of a task
  • Wrike allows you to add revised documents to a single document for easier storage
  • The task view can be a little difficult to navigate, they have filters, but they don't always filter the way you may like sometimes.
  • If you have twenty items on your tasks list they show all unless you mess with the filter, they should hide dependent tasks until the parent task is complete or at least add a feature to allow to do this, not everyone wants to see whats coming if they cannot work on it yet.
  • The reporting that you can pull. I know that the enterprise has different reporting functions, but the professional should have a report that you can pull per folder group as well.
Key things to ask are about how much of a reporting feature do you want, as well as the price. Wrike is one of the more reasonably priced products for a team that is doing a lot of project management or has a task list for items they have to complete.
Read Jennifer Montague's full review
Blake McKinlay profile photo
February 26, 2016

Wrike: "Blake's Review"

Wrike was being used by multiple departments within the organization, but not across the entire organization. It was largely being used to manage individual to do lists and coordinate efforts on group projects. It was also a repository for future tasks.
  • Wrike folder structure approach is very intuitive and easy to learn. Plus it provides a lot of flexibility.
  • The tutorials/help resources provided by wrike, as well as the customer support, is very good.
  • Wrike's timeline and dependency feature made it easy to stay on top of multiple projects and extend/shorten them as things evolved.
  • Better integration with Gmail calendar would be really helpful.
  • The organization ended up leaving wrike in Aug 2015 due to the price increase. It was then too expensive for how the organization was using it.
When being used as a full project management solution, Wrike is great. When only being used to manage tasks/small projects, it's too expensive and overkill.
Read Blake McKinlay's full review
Travis Cart profile photo
February 20, 2016

User Review: "Wrike helps us work right"

Our organization implemented Wrike around 4-5 months ago. We use it to manage the large amount of projects we have to complete for our providers outside of our standard ticketing system. As a manager I am able to use it to check up on projects that my team is working without stopping their efforts for a more formal follow-up on a daily basis. I simply go into my Wrike profile and review the details they have shared with me. Not only can I see where they are in terms of project completion, but I can also insert my notes and feedback on progression of the project and any important details that change the scope or delivery.
  • Wrike simplifies management of projects for multiple individuals.
  • Wrike is a cost-effective solution for our organization.
  • Wrike helps me communicate with other functional units on actual progress while highlighting what has been completed, and what steps still need to be taken.
  • I would like to see a different billing module included so one of my licenses is not being burned on a person from billing.
  • I would like to see a view of all projects in one area with the capability to quickly move projects from one person to another when the need arises.
Wrike is great for a simple solution for tracking your projects. Its benefit to my team is the ease of use and implementation, especially for those that have never used any type of project management solutions. I can quickly follow up and report on statuses without disrupting workflow and ensure the feedback I need to give is inserted into the system directly where it is noticed by them and can be acted upon.
Read Travis Cart's full review
Florian Laudahn profile photo
October 05, 2015

Review: "Wrike offers everything you need - it's that easy."

We are using Wrike in all departments. Due to fact that Wrike offers integrations to Office, Dropbox and Zapier, we were able to easily integrate Wrike in our daily work. We replaced tons of Excel sheets and documents with Wrike and lowered the stress level in department cooperation. Additionally Wrike helped me as the CEO to have an eye on all departments and performance KPIs with single clicks in the same tool where I organize my own work. Long story short: less clicks, less windows, live data, better overview = happy CEO :)
  • Wrike offers custom fields including data accumulation for every project/group, so you can track any kind of project in any business.
  • You can use Wrike together with clients or partners by inviting them with different user rights.
  • You can manage different accounts for e.g. different companies you work for with only one login. For example you can manage an enterprise account for your company, and a simple account for your private projects without either parties notice/each other if you don't want to.
  • The iOS apps need more functionalities of the web version.
  • It should be possible to start the enterprise plan with less than 25 users.
  • A desktop app for OS X/Windows would be great so that working offline would be possible (it's sad but a reality that there are still areas where there is neither wifi nor LTE and this is really a pain if you travel a lot but want to work).
1. Question: Do you want to work with one department or different departments?

From my point of view Wrike is perfect to become the new center of a company's work and knowledge but this would also mean that if some departments of your company don't work with Wrike, that they could lose "the connection" to the others.

2. Question: Do you need custom fields?

For us this was the main question on whether to chose the professional or enterprise plan.

3. Question: Do have someone in your team who keeps taking care that everybody is following the rules?

We started using Wrike without a dedicated person in charge for having an eye on the way people use Wrike. Wrike is really powerful but it's also easy to find "work arounds", so I recommend that you get someone who checks the small, personal tweaks.
Read Florian Laudahn's full review
Bernabe Torres Campo profile photo
January 20, 2016

User Review: "Implement Wrike!"

Hi, so we've been using Wrike for about 6 months now in my company. We are a financial service company in Mexico and we use it for tasks, projects, whether it be everyday tasks or long term projects. As a company we are implementing Holacracy and OKRs (2 methodologies you should check out), and it's been perfect to translate our work in Wrike. It's been used by all our company (except operations which do field work), and it's been great. Our productivity is very high and our planning meetings are more efficient. It has almost like a social network feel to it where you can assign and tag people from your company for small or big projects, in this way it helps you to keep things transparent and fluid. It's highly customizable and collaborative, so you can do almost any project with custom status, fields, dates, priorities, etc. You can also make reports and dashboards to help keep track of your work.
  • Collaborative platform. If in a shared folder, everyone can input and comment on the tasks and how they are being done.
  • Customization. You can change almost anything to fit your needs, as I said before we are implementing Holacracy and OKRs and they're working perfectly.
  • Information digest. You can always find reports and analytics on the tasks done on a week, or on a daily basis in order to see where you're being more or less productive.
  • Sometimes when readjusting the size of the window Wrike doesn't adjust to the size.
  • Timeline mode can be better at refreshing changes.
  • Custom fields are a little tricky.
Any really. Although people with resistance to change or from a certain generation will have problems adjusting.
Read Bernabe Torres Campo's full review
Jon Jagelsky profile photo
December 28, 2015

Review: "Wrike - A Great Tool for Collaboration Amongst a Medium Sized Team"

We use wrike across the entirety of our marketing department (7 users). We use Wrike as our project management tool to keep track of deadlines and deliverables. It serves as a window to upper management for the projects we are working on and their statuses.
  • Wrike's dashboard is an integral part of my day. Their dashboard is fully customizable and allows you to see tasks that you have due in the coming days/weeks as well as tasks that you have assigned to other team members and what their status is.
  • The chat and comment features in Wrike have allowed our team to move away from email as our main form of communication. Gone are the days of a cluttered inbox.
  • The file versioning feature is really useful when dealing with edits and multiple copies of the same document. Before Wrike we would often be working on multiple versions of the same document and combining edits and comments was always a pain.
  • The subtasks could still use some improvement in wrike. Specifically how the due-dates of subtasks relate to the parent task. Conceptually it doesn't make sense that a sub task could have a due date that is past the due date of the parent task.
Wrike is well suited for teams that require a lot of collaboration. For our marketing team a single project will often touch all 7 team members so Wrike is a great place for collaborating and general project management. Since it's an online tool, Wrike is always accessible for us. We previously utilized Microsoft Project which was not working for our team since some users had Macs and the software wasn't compatible.
Read Jon Jagelsky's full review
Stuart Scadron-Wattles profile photo
December 23, 2015

User Review: "The Wrike Tool for the Job"

We use Wrike to schedule individual and team project tasks, as well as to communicate on a project idea.
  • Repeating projects (events, publishing tasks) can be cloned, meaning that one can take an existing project with a task timeline, replicate it with a new deadline, and rename it.
  • Because it is web-based, we can access it from anywhere and any device.
  • Wrike uses something you already use: email, and makes it efficient.
  • The iPhone interface could be much better in its GUI. I the end though, it probably just needs more screen than it can get on a smartphone.
  • It would be great if it could create calendar events.
Wrike is best suited where there are teams, and projects with managers that are on task completion timelines. It works VERY well for communication and quick questions, not so well for working with draft documents.
Read Stuart Scadron-Wattles's full review
Cristi Radulian profile photo
August 20, 2015

Review: "Wrike is "the rookie assistant" that evolved fast into a powerful task management and collaboration tool for our team."

I chose Wrike as my primary collaboration, task assignment, time tracking and deadlines keeper tool mainly because managing several design teams - each of them working simultaneous on multiple projects - was driving me crazy at the time. The tools that we used before were only MS Outlook, Excel and Project. Each project was assigned to a group e-mail, and tons of messages piled up in Outlook folders very quickly making it more difficult every day. It was easy to forget to add in CC the e-mail address for the group and often enough information was slipping through our fingers.
  • With Wrike, compared with other apps you get unlimited number of projects to manage, and great flexibility to adapt the app to your needs by using the folder structure
  • Very nice user interface, lots of features available right from the Workspace, yet simple enough and with online support- a nice Wiki and lots of Video Tutorials
  • I found the Outlook Add-in app very useful to use in the transition process (still using e-mail ... but only for general tasks involving people ouside my team); not good enough in older versions, but was continuously improving over the year - with a responsive customer support also.
  • Adding a task to multiple folders does not create copies, it's the same task in another context; it can function like a tag so you can have different perspectives...
  • Time tracker with automatic pause/ stop when you start working to another task; helped me to estimate future task duration for similar or related projects
  • I use a lot the Workload view - it gives you an aerial overview of teammate's calendar and simply by drag & drop you can handle conflicts and reassign tasks to someone else if somebody gets flooded with requests. Dragging start or end dates in the Workload view is also a breeze.
  • Powerful search engine; search for folders or all content
  • Wrike is very flexible and with such flexibility some trouble may come along. For example, with the folder structure, you can easily move a task or an entire folder to a wrong folder by mistake (with drag and drop). Not always you have the possibility to undo such a mistake. Example no.2: tagging is very useful, yet confusing sometimes. If you use more than a few tags for a task, not all tags will show (or "have room" in the task header).
  • You can create project templates (sample tasks with a given schedule exported into a file) but you will find them difficult to design and apply. There's a new implemented copy function which seems to be more useful.
  • I would like to see some useful functions like advanced folder sharing and more customization into the cheaper professional subscription.
For us, a small design team of 10 people and 3 or 4 collaborators, Wrike is a very useful tool to manage a huge "database" of projects. After one year we have more than 250 different projects in the folder structure, each project with 3 to 5 tasks, but the search function is excellent. All tasks are a few keystrokes away.
You should consider Wrike if :
- You are on a low budget for a powerful project portfolio management tool or a collaborative tool (like AtTask for example)
- You have a few ideas of how you should organize your processes but you don't want to lock your teammates creativity into a maze-flowchart punctuated with "done" checkboxes.
- Your team is not so computer-savvy.
Read Cristi Radulian's full review
Heiko Benke profile photo
November 12, 2015

User Review: "Wrike - feedback"

We have been using Wrike for 2 years. I find it flexible and powerful; tasks can be easily categorized to allow you to handle your work in a variety of ways.

Wrike is a very useful tool for managing projects and tasks which makes your work easier and more effective and it helps the department in our company to keep organized. The communication between other departments in our company is much better and helps to get things done more effectively. The email to task function and the Google Chrome integration are perfect goodies. In the dashboard you have a perfect overview to all assigned, to do and overdue tasks and in activity stream you get news about the work that is done by your team. Wrike is improving continually and over time they have developed many new features in order to achieve better efficiency. Best of all, they take user feedback to make their changes. I'm looking for new ideas, they will surely come up with.

• Powerful tool for collaboration with your team.
  • Perfect structure because you can tag tasks to different folders.
  • MS Outlook add-on with email to task function.
  • No export of the whole folder structure with the users who are directly shared with.
  • No export of the users/collaborators full list.
  • No flexibility for group avatars or platform colors or fonts.
Increase efficiencies by duplicating tasks that are reoccurring.
Read Heiko Benke's full review
Michael Glatter-Götz profile photo
November 12, 2015

Review: "Wrike - a very flexible project, task and resource management tool"

We use Wrike for the whole company throughout all our teams (we are a web software development company). It supports us at planning and breaking down projects, in collaborating via tasks and in handling tests and bug reports. Before, we didn't have a central place for all "the work that has to be done" - now we have centralized that in Wrike.
  • Different views for different business needs: Our developers mostly use the list view, since they are most interested in "what are my tasks" and "how's the priority". For project planning, the timeline view is a great tool; our controlling people love the Workload view since this is a great place to do ressource planning. So it's all about tasks, but they different views on it makes Wrike quite powerful.
  • Gmail integration. In our company, we use Google Apps/Gmail web client. The Wrike gadget for email integration really improves our workflows. Often, tasks which have to be done, are hidden in emails - with the Gmail gadget, it's easy to create and track tasks from within Gmail.
  • The support. I have never experienced such a great and motivated support staff. No matter if I contact them via Email or web chat, they really want to solve my issues. Several times I had some questions and feature requests which then were handed to the Wrike developers - I always got a response on if/how the things can be implemented.
  • Duration vs. Effort. For us, the two most important measures when planning projects and ressources are the duration and the effort. A task might take 4 days to fulfill, but is only 14 hours of effort (because of idle/waiting times,...). Right now, Wrike only is based on durations - there is no automatic way to calculate the effort or the other way round (this is an area where MS project still is the best in my opinion).
  • The costs of the Enterprise version. The Enterprise edition costs about 3-4 times as much as the Pro version. Features like Custom Calendars or Custom Fields are only available there - although these features are awesome, we don't see why they are only available in the expensive Enterprise version. We would be willing to pay additional money for these single features...
For good resource planning with Wrike, it only makes sense if the whole team/company uses it - otherwise there will always be "holes" in the planning. I think where Wrike really is strong is in supporting different project approaches. You can do waterfall planning as well as you can do agile methods (especially Scrum).
Read Michael Glatter-Götz's full review
Alfredo García profile photo
November 11, 2015

Review: "Wrike a Efficent Web-PMO role play in your project"

Wrike is used by all of the organization, the structure of the organization is a Matrix balanced organization. We use different resources on different projects in different departments. The main problem was that the latest systems used as a web PMO, were useless with information. We could not quickly find the latest information on projects. With Wrike we can organize more effectively and efficiently.
  • Easy way to assign tasks.
  • Easy way to organize your work and the tasks of each user.
  • The interface makes communication easy, its like you are in a social network.
  • Easy access to modules of the platform.
  • Managing cost during the project
  • Managing a baseline to compare the present of the project
  • Sometimes the connection between Google docs and Wrike, does not work as expected.
  • Wrike needs to compare the name of a task in a project, to avoid duplicate names.

Some things to ask about:

• The size of your project
  • Whether you manage a large project into small pieces
  • Whether each part of the project is managed as individual projects
Wrike is a useful tool. Also, if you will manage cost during the project you need to get Wrike to work on it because Wrike doesn't have a straight function.
Read Alfredo García's full review
Lindsey Campbell (Bohn) profile photo
November 11, 2015

User Review: "Thank Goodness for Wrike"

We use Wrike in my department to keep track of every project and all of its parts. As far as I know, we are the only department using it right now, but I hope to have it implemented in other departments later this year. This program solves many of our problems. We communicate better, we track projects more efficiently, and we keep in line better.
  • Customer Support-Quick and Easy to work with
  • New ideas being rolled out constantly-keeping up with suggestions and requests
  • User Friendly
  • I would like to be able to set a time for reminders, not just a day
I can't imagine of a place it would be less appropriate. I highly suggest Wrike.
Read Lindsey Campbell (Bohn)'s full review
James Lamb profile photo
March 02, 2016

"Brief Wrike Review"

Wrike is being used across different teams at different sites to allow them to work together on projects.
  • Folder structures
  • Communication between team members
  • Permissions on the different folders to allow different people visibility
  • Improved browser plugins
wrike works great for anybody working on their own to teams of people working on projects.
Read James Lamb's full review
Reem Alzari profile photo
October 12, 2015

Review: "Wrike The Best Project/Task Management Solution"

Wrike is being used by the IT department due the high quantity of tasks assigned to each individual, which makes it easier for them to manage those tasks through the product. Wrike is a very simple solution with sophisticated way of use if required. Currently it is used by the IT department but we will market the product for the rest of the departments in later stages. The simplicity of Wrike and how it monitors and reminds users of overdue tasks is just what we needed. That helped us overcome all the small critical tasks and maintain a list of what we do on daily bases.
  • Keep track of all tasks
  • Create and organize tasks into folders
  • Generate many useful reports
  • Dashboard can be viewed in many ways, such as like Gantt chart
  • Pricing packages should have more variation
Wrike is suitable for people want to be able to create tasks, organize them in folders with a due date then generate reports accordingly. These are the main features of Wrike that encouraged my colleagues to use Wrike for their personal use. I believe that Wrike is well suited for everyone but its mostly suitable for a very busy organization with lots of deadlines to reach. That is the only way to keep things in place and track everything.
Read Reem Alzari's full review
Harley Scholz profile photo
September 25, 2015

User Review: "Wrike and your Organization"

There is always the problem of the little things falling through in any organisation, no matter the type of tasks or projects in which you complete.

With Wrike we are now able to easily assign, track and monitor our projects, with all tasks added and accountable for. No longer do we have to worry about little aspects falling through or being forgotten about, and with the easy layout any staff member can quickly read through the notes and tasks and be updated on where a project is at.
  • Allows tracking of individual tasks of a project.
  • Including emails as part of the tasks and project notes.
  • Collaboration with different users on one project.
  • Does not allow for time tracking / invoicing to a client.
  • Does not have a client portal access.
Wrike is well suited for any organisation that is looking at tracking and monitoring their concurrent or ongoing projects.
Read Harley Scholz's full review

Task Management (58)
Resource Management (50)
Gantt Charts (52)
Scheduling (56)
Workflow Automation (48)
Team Collaboration (58)
9.8
Support for Agile Methodology (32)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (27)
Document Management (52)
Email integration (55)
Mobile Access (51)
6.4
Timesheet Tracking (39)
Change request and Case Management (23)
Budget and Expense Management (25)
Quotes/estimates (1)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (10)
Integration with accounting software (6)

About Wrike

Wrike is an all-in-one project management and collaboration software. This solution connects tasks, discussions, and emails to the user’s project plan. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution enables users to get an up-to-date picture of projects and keep their team aligned with their strategy and eliminates the need to have status meetings.

According to the vendor, Wrike helps solve: data silos, poor visibility into work status, and missed deadlines and project failures. Additionally the vendor says some of the main benefits of using their solution include: accelerating project delivery, keeping all team members on the same page and real-time collaboration. According to the vendor, their solution provides usability, customization and scalability.

Wrike Features

Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Has featureProject & financial reporting
Has featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureInteractive Gantt chart (Timeline)
Has featureCustomized reports

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Wrike Free$0
Wrike Professional$49per 5 users/month
Wrike EnterpriseRequest a quote

Every premium plan begins with a 15-day trial period to make sure Wrike is right for you.

Wrike Customer Size Distribution