Score 8.6 out of 10

What is AMS360?

Vertafore in Denver offers their insurance agency management software. AMS360 offers production and renewal analysis, a general ledger, a client portal, and other management tools.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of AMS360, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee optional

25 people want pricing too

What is BlueMind?

BlueMind is a digital office that helps advisors manage their business, from lead nurturing to policy execution. The solution uses AI to automate compliance, handle unstructured data, generate policy recommendations, highlight revenue opportunities and perform advisor analytics. The application is…

AMS360 Technical Details

Kori Sagen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keeping track of our clients and policies. we also use it for following up and tracking any activities we do or need to do with each client.
  • Integration with carriers websites
  • Advanced technology
  • Options
  • Document management
  • Training/setup
  • Cost
I love the functionality of it and the ability to have many optional services so you can order only what you need for each user. I feel like it is fitting for any agency but the pricing eliminates a lot of smaller agencies.
We currently acquire smaller agencies and convert all agencies to AMS360, ImageRight, and BenefitPoint. I train agencies that come through the conversion process to transfer workflows and procedures from all other management systems into AMS360. It's a great platform, my favorite among other management systems, and I have worked on Epic, TAM, HawkSoft, Sagitta, etc. It is a great solution for account management, and it's a scalable solution that manages to meet the needs of agencies, both big and small.
  • Customization
  • Importing and exporting capabilities
  • Integrated services
  • Quicker turn around on necessary features and updates
  • Additional automation options
  • Updating forms and mapping help menus
Scalability, ease of use, ease of access, integrated services.
This solution works for 2 man shops all the way up to 150+ with shared services, etc.
Vertafore is working towards a unified look/feel, which will only solidify the need to work with any/all of their products.
Agency Management System used daily by the majority of employees. I am responsible for download accuracy, posting commissions, and adding and deleting users, among other things.
  • Reports
  • Tracking commissions
  • Download
  • Some areas are not editable by administrator
  • Occasional errors and application locks
Ability to view and or print/email summary of insurance
Production and book of business reports relatively easy to use
Too many coverage codes making it confusing
Security setups complicated
Support responds quickly, and they are very knowledgeable.
John Shadley | TrustRadius Reviewer
AMS360 is used by all people (producers, CSRs, marketers, HR, and Accounting ) inside and outside of our main office. AMS360 allows producers to have instant access to their clients and related information to service and retain them. Submitting new and existing accounts from within the platform to personal and commercial marketing departments (and setting suspense) is relatively simple and smooth. Most standard insurance carriers download policy information & claim information for quick access. Non-standard and E&S carrier policies are easily attached to the client's account for access. I personally am commercial lines sales specific to certain niche markets, which requires me to not only input initial information to pre-fill the in-system Acord forms but also attach the array of carrier supplemental apps also needed for quoting and issuance.
  • Quick entry of new client information
  • Instant access to most policy and billing information
  • Exceptional reports for management and producers
  • Accounting Departments love the direct bill reconciliation
  • Certificates of Insurance
  • Vehicle ID cards
  • Direct fill Acord forms would be preferred in lieu of AMS360 field fills that don't always transfer to the Acord
  • Ability to interact with other 3rd party software other than Microsoft for emails, letters, etc. (i.e., Google)
  • The ability of turning off forms to States the agency does not operate in
When we formed our company 21 years ago, we looked at the top 2 agency management software programs, and AMS360 checked all the boxes. We've been through AMS buyouts up through the current Vertafore ownership, and AMS360 is still the best suited for our operations, IMO. I do not see any scenario where it would be less appropriate.
Dan McRitchie | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use AMS360 as my agency management system. Insurance sales, service, and document storage are all done using this system. I have also begun to use AMS360 as my accounting and reconciliation software for my agency. I will be transitioning from QuickBooks to AMS360 completely within 2 to 3 years.
  • Cloud based storage
  • Multi user capability
  • Bridging of information to quote
  • Ease of producing and printing reports
  • Accounting procedures
  • Document retrieval
AMS360 is well suited for my agency as they have multi-user capability. They have a simple policy add process, and the organization and storage of accounts and documents are good. I find reports difficult to run for certain tasks. I believe the report feature can be simplified to a quick run feature.
  • no training
support could be better
We started using AMS360 just 6 months back when our new client was using AMS360 for their agency. I have been a HawkSoft user for 8+ years. When I started learning AMS360, it was a different experience for me, compared to HawkSoft. Learning basic things like viewing/updating information for a customer was a piece of cake due to the easy to use interface offered by the system. However, activities like attaching files to client or policy, or creating an activity (also called as suspense), took some time to figure it out. But customer support and help guides came to the rescue. Now, after more than 6 months of using the system daily, I can say I've gotten used to it. Though AMS360's interface seems like a different species compared to HawkSoft's UI, once you get used to it, it kinda grows on you. All information like policy details, activities, and documents are easy to navigate and update. One of the best things about AMS360 is its seamless integration with PL Rating. All customer data can be exported to PL Rating for new submission in a single click. AMS360 is good software, but it could be better with better, more intuitive, and faster UI.
  • Seamless integration with PL Rating to export customers for the re-marketing of policies.
  • Easy to navigate all sections of the customer information.
  • Very useful activity section which can be utilized for your agency's needs.
  • Lacks faster, intuitive, modern User Interface.
  • Lacks option to search for data in activities.
  • Does not create logs even for closed activities (suspense).
If you use PL Rating, AMS360 is highly recommended due to their seamless integration. Also, if you are looking for a system to use on the cloud, it is best. But if you are an offline user, then maybe it's not for you.