Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of AutoCAD LT, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
AutoCAD LT computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, construction professionals, and designers rely on to produce solely 2D drawings, drafts, and documentation.
AutoCAD LT is a CAD software used for 2D drawing, drafting, and documentation whereas AutoCAD is a CAD software used to create 2D drawings and 3D models.
While AutoDesk's AutoCAD includes industry-specific toolsets that can provide productivity gains, both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT include the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
- Drafting and layouts generation
- 2D Modeling and measurements
- Layers and property features
- Useful commands like mirror, copy, move, array, offset and rotate etc.
- File recovery feature
- All individual lines are to be made a polyline to perform actions like Hatching, filling, etc which is very hectic. - Wish need not make it in the future.
The transition from AutoCAD to AutoCAD LT went unnoticeable in my firm, as the extra features in AutoCAD were not of great importance in our work flow.
- 2D modeling
- Issuing drawings
- Smart annotations and dimensioning tools
- All LISP functions are missing on AutoCAD LT
- Missing Architectural and Mechanical tool-sets
- No 3D modeling of any kind
AutoCAD LT is best suited for firms that do not use LISP functions in AutoCAD and do not care about 3D modeling. Although AutoCAD LT has other missing functions when compared to standard AutoCAD, these features are of less importance and can't be noticed.
- The library feature for all areas is to me AutoCAD LT's extra strong point, it makes it easier to find information within the program itself.
- The fast solutions and precise development of drawings and projects is also another strong point.
- I use the floor plans, elevations, sections and the hydraulic designs to work with my students on physics projects.
- The software allows you to scale model and remodel as many times as you need, from simple to more complex designs
- Importing and exporting files is also very simple to perform making corrections and quick feedback to students easy.
- It would be wonderful not to have to worry about AutoCAD's performance settings.
- Your settings require the best performing processor, memory, and video card because it is these items that keep the software from taking too long to load and run the projects.
- AutoCAD is a very complex software that requires memorization of command codes.
- Simpler introduction methods would be excellent because it is very important that people using it have a good understanding of it, and not just work with the software as a program operator.