Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management (formerly Dome9), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
CloudGuard Posture Management provides cloud security and compliance posture management for cloud-native environments, including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes. CloudGuard automates security, governance and compliance, with customized policies, delivering high-fidelity visibility and control.
It is based on technology acquired with Dome9 by Check Point Software Technologies in late 2018. Their product CloudGuard Dome9 was a cloud security and cloud security operations visualization tool, providing governance of cloud configuration and prevent identity theft, among other capabilities.
- Automate Alert Management
- Threat identification
- Compliance and Security Posture checks
- Detect misconfiguration
- Centralized event management
- Support Services - Support during implementation
- Proof-of-concept - Needs to more detailed
- Troubleshooting multi-cloud/ vendor issues
- Should contain all the compliance standards - NIST, HIPPA, FedRAMP
1) All the Cyber Security focused development environments
2) Definitely a must for Financial Clients since it deals with live money transactions - Hence it is imperative to keep the Network and tech asset environment secure, and compliant to standards
3) IAM is another area where it plays an IMP part - For eg one of our healthcare clients where they wanted to restrict access
4) Dashboards are also great, we can share the results to GISO/CISO level folks - Custom dashboard feature
- Integration with public cloud providers.
- Rich UI with great dashboards.
- Great assets inventory.
- Clarity module.
- Add more supported assets.
- SAML integration.
- Advanced Threat protection via Check Point CloudGuard proven ThreatCloud intelligence feeds for malicious IP's is a nice feature.
- We have not set up the cloud bots auto-remediation functionality yet, but from initial testing, it looks to be something worth utilizing.
- Having reporting tie in's with our ServiceNow asset management platform is very handy.
- There is not a comprehensive amount of documentation on how to set up best practices.
- Our initial set up assistance from Proofpoint approved vendor did not go smoothly.
- The ability to add more customized widgets in the main overview screen would be helpful.
The threat intelligence feeds are nice in conjunction with Anti Virus, behavior analytics, and Intrusion detection capabilities make it an all-around solid product. The incident management piece could be better defined. No two-factor authentication from what we have seen so far is in place. The ability to detect misconfigurations is a little tricky to set up but will provide some positive insights.
- Minimal false positives if configured properly.
- End to end visibility in real-time.
- Multi platform monitoring.
- Compared to another widely used competitor, this meets all our requirement as of today.
- Easy to use.
- Great user interface.
- Excellent view of the public cloud.
- Needs to add features for an on-premise cloud.
- Cost is a little high.