- Need to allow their internal IT department access to the site and its hosting
- Have dozens of active content editors and need to schedule publishing
- Content Taxonomy: Content is managed in a tree. Though taxonomy vs folksonomy is a near-religious debate among professionals, clients seeing the system for the first time just seem to "get it" more often.
- Content Flexibility: Common content types such as blog posts and articles are available out of the box. However, customizing these and creating new content types is very easy.
- Developer Friendly: Developers need only a little PHP experience to get started. Of course being an expert doesn't hurt and opens the door for the development of custom modules.
- The template language: Outputting content or doing something special with it requires use of the templating language. Myself along with other developers I have trained, found this to be one of the biggest hurdles.
- Layout of physical files: The system decides what settings files and templates to use based on a hierarchy of modules. The same file can exist in multiple modules and you can find yourself deep within very similar looking folder structures, causing confusion during debugging.
- Community: eZ has a solid set of community contributors but the gap between it and Drupal or Wordpress is pretty large.
1. Are there any hosting requirements? eZ Publish works best on a traditional LAMP stack.
2. What is the expertise of the development and systems administrations individuals? There should be some PHP development experience and a solid level of Apache and MySQL hosting.
3. Who will be managing the content of the site? What is their bandwidth for training? For ongoing content changes?
eZ Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About eZ Platform
ezPlatform, formerly ezPublish is a content management solution from eZ Systems. The vendor says their solution provides organizations with the technology and framework to build a suite of digital experiences including news and media sites, brand sites, multichannel apps and the Internet of Things, intranets and web portals. This solution is multichannel, multilingual and multisite ready.
ezPlatform features user defined content and classes, version control, templates, workflow management and tasking, document management with image conversion and scaling, search engine support, localization, regionalization, and internationalization, and is scalable to support enterprise level activity with support and maintenance provided by the vendor.
eZ Platform Screenshots
eZ Platform Competitors
eZ Platform Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|