I use Flywheel to host my design firm's website. I read about them when I saw that WP Engine bought the company. Flywheel offers similar managed hosting features to WP Engine, and I particularly like using Flywheel's test to live environment. Flywheel also effortlessly integrates with Local, so it was a no brainer for me to make the switch to Flywheel from a more barebones shared hosting platform.
- Seamless integration with Local
- Easy-to-use dev, test, and live environments
- Affordable price tiers for smaller agencies
- Daily backups
- Customized WordPress hosting support
- Clean, easy-to-use UI
- I'd like to see an option for Flywheel to provide email hosting for custom domains
- A sandbox feature to preview new sites for customers
Flywheel is particularly well-suited for hands-on WordPress managed hosting. It's also perfect for developers who build site's locally on Local and then want an effortless way to import them into their managed hosting environment. Flywheel particularly excels in scenarios where a customer needs managed. WordPress hosting that handles daily backups and offers test and live environments for a reasonable price.