We went through an evaluation of patch management tools, and Ivanti was the tool we choose to go with. Ivanti offers a wide range of security tools that it has purchased over the years. Ivanti Security Controls is a great tool that offers both agent and agentless patching. We opted not to go for the whole security suite that they offer because we were only interested in the patch management tool. Our environment consists mainly of Windows and a few Linux servers. We also have a decent sized workstation pool that can all be patched and managed under a single patching software.
- Live status update on patch deployments with an agent and also agentless deployments.
- A large 3rd party patching inventory.
- Easy to navigate and troubleshoot.
- The email functions of reports could be better.
- Combining the functions of the patching using agentless servers and workstations to allow for a seamless environment.
- Lowers cost
Agentless patching is the best of all the products I've used. The real-time updates that don't require re-scanning after each step is great.
Support wasn't used as the cost didn't justify the expense. We have yet to use the support.