Jabber Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Ray Levron profile photo
We use it for inter and intraoffice communication. We also use it for screen sharing and presenting. We use it for conference calls. We have used it for file sharing. We use it across our entire organization. Some of the biggest problems it addresses it allowing for quick communication between staff members, in addition to providing presentation capabilities in a large conference room when a senior developer needs to present screens for demos and client approval.
  • We can text between staff members quickly and easily.
  • Jabber is integrated into our phone systems so we can simply click a staff member's name and click the green button and call them without even knowing their actual number.
  • We use it for screen presenting and sharing. Great for showing application progress in large meetings. Developers have used it in code reviews.
  • It would be nice for the conference calling feature to be easier to implement. Jabber does it, but it is rather hard to implement.
  • It would be helpful if Jabber auto detected usb headsets instead of having to configure it to use external headsets.
  • It would help if Jabber would not shrink our development screens smaller every time we scroll inside of our dev environments. It is actually annoying for the other guy watching the presentation.
Well suited:
  • I find it well suited for live chatting between colleagues.
  • It is well suited for screen presenting between developers for code reviews, showing the progress of work, etc.
  • It is well suited for screen presenting between Business Analyst and clients for updating the clients on work progress.
  • It is well suited for presenting in conference rooms for showing clients work progress or showing power points.
Less suited:
  • Conference calling - It provides the functionality, but it is cumbersome to implement.
  • Screen presenting/sharing. It provides the functionality, but the screen shrinks in size when you scroll inside the development area.
Read Ray Levron's full review
Nandini pallipamu profile photo
Our users use it as a softphone client across the EHS Department. This makes our life easy in this era of softphones. It addresses our future of standardizing the phone client.
  • Receiving and placing calls
  • Text messaging among teams
  • Easy file sharing
  • GUI needs some improvement
  • Number keypad needs improvement
  • Video call feature could be a great addition
Jabber is well suited in any business that completely depends on frequent interactions among team members via phone or chat. I honestly cannot think of any scenario where Jabber is less appropriate. This is a great tool any organization could have. Jabber would be a great addition to any team and business.
Read Nandini pallipamu's full review
Jonathan Pauley profile photo
Jabber is one of two solutions we use for collaboration and presence. We leverage Jabber both in-office and on our mobile devices to be able to real-time chat, answer our desk extensions, determine presence and availability of coworkers, and manage our Webex Meetings and Personal Rooms.
  • IM type chat sessions with coworkers
  • Mobile App allows for answering phone calls that come to desk phone regardless of location
  • Provide Presence information regarding coworker's status and availability
  • Video Calling
  • Calendar integration, not all meetings seem to sync
Jabber is great for companies of all sizes that are running Cisco UC/IPT, especially those with scattered workforces or locations. It enables employees to see whether coworkers are on the phone, in a meeting, or available, and to collaborate in real-time via chat, voice, or video as well as via Webex Meetings.
Read Jonathan Pauley's full review
Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE profile photo
I'm the only remote employee at my organization, so the one that leverages Jabber most heavily, but it is available for all employees with a phone. Jabber enables me to make and answer calls on my work number while I'm in another state.
  • The navigation and customization of the app are great. There are a lot of settings you can personalize, and the navigation is very intuitive.
  • It provides an excellent solution for me, enabling me to call like I'm on campus, using either my computer or phone.
  • I think it has more to do with our network configuration, but I've often had "Cannot communicate with server" errors, especially on my computer.
  • Instant messaging is included which, while a cool feature, isn't one that I use at all, so I wish it could be completely disabled and turned off, since the features can sort of get in the way of basic phone functions.
I'm not aware of any other VOIP services that are compatible with our internal phone setup, so if it's this or nothing. I'd take Jabber in a heartbeat! It's overall, really pretty good. I also suspect that most of the issues I've had with it are due to our network, not the software itself.
Read Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE's full review
Nicole Piddington profile photo
Certain departments are using Jabber. I think Jabber is great because it's a lot like a messenger. You can call from Jabber, listen to voice mails, chat, set up groups, insert files, share your screen and much more. You can also tell if an employee is available, in a meeting, offline, or out of the office.
  • Chats are saved so you are able to go back to see what was discussed if you ever need a chat session for reference.
  • As soon as you send a chat the other person receives it if they are online. At times it is more convenient than email!
  • I like how all calls can be seen through Jabber. It's easy to call someone from Jabber and listen to voice mails.
  • I would like a way to archive or delete chat sessions.
  • A video chat feature would be beneficial.
  • Setting up groups is nice, but it would be great to set up different channels to collaborate on team projects.
Jabber is great to ask quick questions or for asking another individual to complete a task. Rather than leaving your office or composing an email you can send a chat within seconds. I also like how you can see your missed calls, listen to voice mails, and return calls directly from the program. Jabber is a convenient tool that I use daily!
Read Nicole Piddington's full review
Celeste Rio profile photo
Cisco Jabber is used in some sectors of the company. Mainly I use it as part of an internal call center since it is a much simpler telephone with a headset while working. In addition, on the same platform, I can chat and share documentation with colleagues even while I'm on a call.
  • Excellent softphone solution, using a bluetooth headset, allows unparalleled mobility.
  • Chat between colleagues even while on a call.
  • Integration with call centers and third parties to have online information with the possibility of making video calls.
  • It does not allow chat contacts with other companies, only with internal users.
  • It does not keep a chat history with other people.
  • It would be ideal to be able to download the chat and save it in a text file.
Jabber is very useful as a softphone, both for a call center or outside using a headset. But it is not only useful for audio calls, but also for making video calls even at video conferences. Also, to chat and share documents between colleagues. It helps mobile users since this tool can also be used on cell phones and tablets with the possibility of registering in the on-premise system even when out of the office.
Read Celeste Rio's full review
Amanda Haskett profile photo
November 23, 2019

Helping Communication

We use Jabber across the whole organization. Jabber is utilized to help communicate by sending a message to another associate when you need to get a quicker response. It helps us to also be able to visually share information by file sharing and actually being able to share and view screens.
  • Communication.
  • Sharing files.
  • Accessibility.
  • Access to old conversations.
Jabber has been essential as I have gone through training or just needing help with something. I have been able to send a message with a quick reply. Then, when I need to or want to show the person what I am looking at or speaking about, I can actually share my screen so they can see exactly what I am talking about.
Read Amanda Haskett's full review
Jeffrey Thoenen profile photo
We use Jabber as our main instant messaging platform. It is utilized by multiple groups within our organization, including IT support, retail support, ops support, and marketing. It helps us to multitask, especially during phone conferences and online meetings.
  • Allows the ability to organize departments into groups.
  • Allows another platform for checking meetings and calendar issues.
  • Works really well in instant messaging by updating the status of others.
  • Would like to see it integrated more with active directory, so groups could be built automatically.
Jabber is well suited for enterprise instant messaging.
Read Jeffrey Thoenen's full review
August 05, 2019

Awesome chat tool

My team was looking for a easy to use internal chat tool that would help us speed up our communication. The primary idea behind looking for this tool was to eliminate a lot of redundant emails and short phone calls. Having an internal chat would also let us make decisions faster. We trialled a few alternatives and finally settled on Jabber. It is now currently being used by my team. Setting it up was really simple, we were able to get users on to it and create groups incredibly quickly. It was also pretty simple to use so we didn't have to set up any staff training to get users into it.
  • It's really simple to use. I like that it's very uncomplicated and does what it is supposed to do without getting in your way.
  • Screen sharing and video/audio communication works really smoothly.
  • It integrates well with my Microsoft Office. It doesn't sound that big of a deal but it's really nice being able to pull it up while you are working without switching to a different window.
  • It also works really well on mobile. I have it installed on my iPhone and iPad and it works just as well across those two as it does on my PC.
  • Having access to chat history is really nice too. You can refer back to conversations very easily.
  • While having chat history is great, I would have liked to be able to delete it when needed. Maybe it exists but I couldn't find that option.
  • I also couldn't send screenshots to offline people or in groups. I haven't tried it recently though so its possible they patched it.
It's really good if you are looking for a simple to use and easy to set up internal chat tool. I have used Slack in the past but felt it was over complicated. If you have a mid-sized team and emails and phone calls are jamming up your ability to make decisions fast, then this is exactly what you need.
Jamie Drahos profile photo
We use Jabber as part of our Cisco Unified Communications package. Jabber is primarily used for intra-company chat. It is available to all employees and connected to our Active Directory and integrated with Single Sign-on. For this, it is a very useful tool. It is also integrated with our Cisco IP telephony system to allow VoIP calls, even when away from the office. This integration also allows us to review voicemail and do screen-sharing for impromptu meetings.
  • Intra-company chat. It is a very competent chat client with many added features like file sharing, screen sharing, status and location updates , and emoji.
  • Telephony integration for VoIP calling (including video calling with a webcam) and voicemail access.
  • Integration with WebEx to review meeting calendar and launch meetings from Jabber window.
  • The mobile app could use some optimization for both iOS and Android. It is a bit of a battery hog, but it does function well.
  • File sharing is not as seamless as it could be. Sometimes file transfers fail or timeout before completing.
  • Telephony connections outside of organization network. Occasionally the connection with our IP telephony system will disconnect when on an external network if you do not have a VPN connection.
Jabber is part of our official enterprise communication suite, so there really is no other choice for us. With that said, it is a very good tool and better than our previous system. The integration with the Cisco suite is fantastic and really makes it a seamless tool that requires very little thought or training. It's a solid solution for anyone looking for intra-company communication via IM.
Read Jamie Drahos's full review
Dennis Junius profile photo
December 18, 2018

Jabber is a useful tool

It is used as an inner office communication tool. It cuts down on emails and you can have a real-time conversation with colleagues while still working at your desk.
  • quick conversations
  • can tell when people are available or if they are on a call, away, or in a meeting.
  • can add participants to conversations
  • can add attachments to conversations
  • wish you were able to save conversations
  • would be nice to be able to delete conversations rather than reset all conversations
  • wish there were more emoticons
Jabber is good for a quick conversation to get a question answered while still working at your desk. It's nice to be able to not get up from the desk when you're working on a tight deadline and need help from a colleague. It is quicker than email and doesn't clog up your inbox.
Read Dennis Junius's full review
Pankaj Rawat profile photo
We are using Jabber to interact with our teammates and ask queries. Also we have an office in the US and they are using Jabber to contact us. It saves a lot of time for us. We can also send screenshots and share our screen with the help of Jabber. Jabber also shows the status of the person, for example that he is in a meeting or away at that time. So I will recommend Jabber to everyone, because it a useful and time saving software.
  • Jabber is fast and we can create groups with multiple people and chat with them at same time.
  • We also have a status indicator, so we can "use do not disturb" if we are busy with something
  • We can send smileys, screenshots, and share our screen with others
  • Sometimes it shows Jabber is not not responding and leaves us hanging for some time.
  • Need to add more smileys.
  • Should show status with contact name in contact list.
Jabber is fast and more secure. We can create multiple groups. I created my team group so we can interact in one place, no need to send message to everyone specially. So it is well suited for me in every scenario.
Read Pankaj Rawat's full review
Jabber is being used by the whole organization, across all departments. It makes searching and communicating with other colleagues convenient. The software allows texting, calling, as well as sharing files and current screens. This is extremely helpful when your user wants to explain something to colleagues who are located in another place.
  • Can show the status of the use. You can see if your colleagues are "busy," "in a meeting," "do not disturb," "presenting," or "away". This helps to know when and how to contact them.
  • Much faster than sending emails. You can receive the answer and ask for further details instantly, without waiting for a reply.
  • You can call them using your computer, which is sooooo convenient when you do home office and also saves cost for the company (smaller phone bill).
  • Sometimes the internal phone from your laptop and your headset are recording at the same time. So you might hear some echo.
  • If you do home office and forget to use Vpn to get in the internal network, the certificate from Jabber is somehow invalidated, and then you have to ask IT Support to renew your certificate so that you can make phone calls via your computer again. This takes a few hours.
  • There is no chat history. sometimes it is a good thing, but when you write important things on Jabber (confirmation/agreements) and then you log off, you can never find then again.
When you have questions from your colleagues, who are based in other countries and you want to present them something, it is extremely useful. You can share files with them, share screens, and explain to them easily. Less appropriate: I talked with my boss about a few questions related to our next few projects on Jabber and I forgot to copy the content before logging off my laptop. I lost all of the details and had to ask her again.
Jabber is the tool that everyone uses to interact and chat with co-workers. This can be anything from asking a question about a project being worked on, to get lunch or for a ride home. It is great because when we log into our work account. Jabber interacts with our phones and calendar. It will automatically put your status to away if your calendar says you have a meeting.
  • Fast and easy chat function.
  • The status will change to away if you have a meeting.
  • Syncs with the phone systems.
  • All chats get saved into an outlook folder that you can refer to. I wish they stayed in the interface instead of clearing every day.
  • The interface looks slightly dated.
  • I wish you could pin notifications - Co-workers tend to miss these if they don't see the original notification.
It's automatic. Everyone at work has one as soon as they log into their key chain. It has a really simple interface that anyone can pick up from the start. While it is great, I think its search function could be improved upon. Sometimes when searching, if you do not spell your coworker's name correct, they will not appear.
Eric Taylor profile photo
We are in the process of rolling out Cisco Jabber to our enterprise community. We have been piloting it for quite some time now and it is one of my favorite collaboration tools that we have attempted to use in our organization. We plan to provide this to users in our organization that currently have or request a phone line for business purposes. Our users will have the flexibility of using that phone line on either a Cisco Jabber client or on the client and a physical desk phone. The problem that Cisco Jabber addresses for us is that it provides the ability for our user community to be mobile and flexible in location of where they do their work while still remaining reachable for collaboration with others.

To this point our user community that has already been given access to the platform is very satisfied with the capability to communicate with the tool. Many users have commented to us that they wish we had provided this capability quite some time ago. Many users were aware that the product existed based on past experience with another employer or just as a matter of having researched the available tools for collaboration that are currently popular.
  • The Cisco Jabber client allows a user the flexibility of location while still being available to anyone for collaboration and communication. No longer tethered to a desk to take calls. This is a huge benefit in my mind
  • Cisco Jabber also provides presence and availability status without even needing to actually call or send a message to someone to determine availability. This saves a ton of time from wasted effort trying to find someone and learn if they are available to collaborate.
  • When configured correctly Cisco Jabber can also be integrated with some calendaring systems to automatically update the status of a user.
  • There is some brand confusion that exists between Cisco communication products. This is more relevant to the support personnel and engineers that would be making decisions to implement the product. Cisco has their Spark/WebEx platform that provides collaboration/communication functionality and more to the end users. Cisco has stated at some conferences that I attended that they are committed to maintaining and developing the Cisco Jabber platform still so that is very promising since the product serves different needs.
  • Cisco Jabber is a little complex to implement properly in your environment. The larger the communication cluster the more complicated it can become. There are also some additional features like persistent chat that require extra resources like a standalone database for persistent chat.
Truly the flexibility of not being tethered to my desk is the greatest joy of Cisco Jabber. It is so beneficial for me to be able to go to other offices and be collaborating with others but still not miss important calls to keep work flowing. This tool goes a long way to making users available to communicate while getting work done. I would totally recommend this as it is a great tool for modern professional environments.
Read Eric Taylor's full review
Deirra J. Footman profile photo
November 01, 2018

Jabber for Collaboration

We used Jabber as our enterprise collaboration solution. During my time at a prominent healthcare organization, we leveraged Jabber to reduce response times, allowing problems, incidents, difficulties, and project updated to be communicated quickly. It saved time and cut down on excessive emails since we could ping each other quickly. The video chat features allowed for a more collaborative meeting experience when working remotely and the screen share features allowed us in IT to work with users for simple issues.
  • Ease of use - doesn't have a huge learning curve, doesn't require a lot of user training
  • Connects via multiple platforms - Android, iOS, Windows
  • Feature Rich - Allows you to do screen sharing, video conferencing
  • File transfers need improvement - File transfers can take some time and it often fails before completing.
  • Better iOS integration - occasionally the iOS app will go idle and cause missed calls.
  • Add Additional Line - I would like to be able to show all of a user's extensions on the client. This would be super helpful with admin-assistants
Jabber is great for large businesses and businesses that have a number of remote workers so that everyone can keep in touch more regularly than having to send numerous emails. The Platform is easy to use and offers great features like screen sharing and video chatting all built in. Chats are logged to Outlook for record keeping. It allows meetings to be more collaborative and ties in with your VoIP phone systems and Webex.
Read Deirra J. Footman's full review
FRANCO PIÑERO profile photo
Jabber coordinates the company's operations to achieve a more assertive line of communication. Jabber gives our organization better communication mechanisms, not to mention fast response times. Our organization managed to significantly reduce response times, allowing problems, incidents, difficulties, and potential and progress of projects to be addressed immediately. This improvement in communication time has allowed us to improve our indices of profitability, reduce expenses, and optimization our business processes.
  • Jabber is a multifaceted program that offers an easy-to-use messaging tool for the internal communication of organizations.
  • The video call or conference tool provides the possibility for organizations to host quality remote meetings.
  • Jabber needs to improve their interface to be competitive with other internationally recognized programs.
  • The image quality and layout of video conferences should improve, because currently it offers a non-innovative view.
  • I think they should replace the interface symbols with other, more innovative and creative ones, so that the product offers a more "technified" image.
Jabber adapts very well to companies that need to maintain a continuous and immediate line of communication in order to improve the performance of the organization through effective communication. Jabber adapts very well for communication among staff, because it provides the tools of work the application of works in the field. Jabber does not adapt very well to innovative and creative companies with a technological purpose.
Read FRANCO PIÑERO's full review
Olivia Crellin profile photo
Jabber is available and used by almost everyone in our organization. It is used to communicate between staff and attorneys, as well as among attorneys. It relieves us from excessive emails and allows us to quickly chat on work, personal and other matters in an efficient manner. Our only problem is encouraging more people to use it!
  • Easy to instant chat
  • Intuitive platform
  • Connects multiple people on one platform
  • Does not allow immediate document sharing
  • Its emoticons are extremely outdated
  • No way to emphasize words with bold or italics
This is great as an instant messaging platform and a quick way to communicate between colleagues. I encourage my colleagues to use it to deal with small items or issues so as to avoid duplicate and unnecessary email exchanges. I also appreciate the platform for developing personal relationships in the office in an informal way.
Read Olivia Crellin's full review
Raymond Tran profile photo
Jabber is used across the organization. It is pretty much an internal communication system that is linked to the telephone system. We can use it to send direct and instant messages (similar to a chat service), make phone calls, receive calls, send and receive messages. You can also set statuses to let colleagues know if you are available, away, busy, or on the line with someone else.
  • Internal communication
  • Chat function and instant messages
  • Status checks (see if available, away, on a call, etc.)
  • Not customizable
Jabber is well suited to serve internal communication roles and works great within the office. It is a great alternative to emails, texting, and phone calls, and allows for more discrete and subtle forms of communication (e.g., letting someone know you are on the way when you see that they are finished with a call).
Read Raymond Tran's full review
We utilized Jabber across our entire organization with my past employer. Jabber served as an efficient platform for establishing messages as well as connecting seamlessly to all of our work schedules, cell phones, and e-calendars. It was useful for identifying if co-workers were at work that particular day or in a meeting or maybe even just away from their computer for a bit.
  • If individuals work for your company, their name and title is shown, as well as recent transactions you've had with them. In a dynamic environment such as the one I was employed, it was very organized and beneficial.
  • A strength of Jabber would be the integration involving alternate services a business might provide. It lets coworkers know if you are presenting a PowerPoint slide show by flashing "In Presentation Mode" which lets colleagues know not to message you at that time.
  • Everything works pretty smoothly and without a hitch. Another strength of Jabber is that it's been around long to enough to have many of the bugs and kinks worked out.
  • I'd kind of like to see Jabber become fully cloud-based. When I utilized the program, it was mainly a separate item on our system. While this wasn't necessarily a setback, it mainly had an overall aesthetic of a more dated technology.
  • The Jabber app doesn't store credentials for logging in when I sign on. Basically every time I would re-open the app I would have to re-type my log-in info. It made me a little more hesitant to use the app on the road.
  • I would also have liked to see file transfer somehow be sped-up. Transferring of files is pretty simple to locate on Jabber, but the wait time is a bit of a drag and sometimes it even fails. Some improvement could be made in this regard.
In a corporate atmosphere, Jabber is a legitimate and helpful chat platform. Integration is key here for synching with other Cisco programs and video/phone systems, and the desktop application is versatile. I enjoyed the concept of being able to share my desktop or start up a group WebEx meeting. "Active Directory Integration" makes it simple to locate coworkers and organize business department employees into set groups. If integrated into your phone system, Jabber is beneficial in viewing missed calls in a timely fashion. The reminders received about upcoming WebEx meetings are beneficial and Jabber also reminds you to launch them via the pop-up alert system. In all, I feel Cisco Jabber is a pretty complete package.
Jabber is being widely used across the corporate side of the business. It is a great tool that has replaced the bulky phones around the office which has provided more real stated to the employees around their work space.
Jabber has made it very easy to call contacts and chat/ message at the same time within the interface.
  • Partitioned chat - Jabber chat groups can be company wide or limited to individuals, teams, projects, and departments
  • Rapid file and document exchange without having to resort to email or external file-sharing tools
  • Active chat logging - All chats are logged for auditing purposes
  • Status updates - Agents always know who is available to assist them. Managers / supervisors:always know the status of their entire team as well as what activities they are engaged in
  • Consumes lots of physical memory while running.
  • You can't change the group admins
  • When you click on any number in the chat log sometimes it starts making a call to that number
Jabber is well suited to communicate with other members, provide pictorial presentations by sharing screens and provide one information to the whole team
Jabber is a good tool to have quick communications. It is a tool that is being used by our whole organisation (USA office and India office.) In our integration team, we get the quick notification through Jabber letting us know what is a priority, and which customer issues need to solutions ASAP.
  • It always reaming in sync with your other software, like with mail and showing the availability of the person (are they available , away, or in meeting.) We can also customise the status features as per our needs.
  • We can easily share images and external links with it, and we can also use the inbuilt emojis to show reactions. We can create a group and have one or many communications
  • It has a great user friendly platform that makes it easy to use and requires a little training.
  • We can use alert features to for people whom we need to contact, which will let us know when they are available. We can also check the other personal details like extension number, email ID, full name, etc.
  • We cannot share images when we our in group chat. We also cannot save the images directly from chat, so we either need to save the chat or take a screenshot of the screenshot again
  • Sometimes screen sharing does not work well. We might send the request to other person for screen sharing , and the other person will not get the request if he is away, and when he unlocks his system he will get the black screen in place of a screen sharing request.
  • It's sometimes difficult to add new users, like when we need to add that in XML and do further steps.
Jabber is product of Cisco so security-wise , I think it's a great tool, as all the information is suited directly from end to end. Jabber remains a great tool when we need to provide training/demo to the other person . It's less helpful when it does not show the status of our message (i.e. is it read or unread/delivered.)
John Dopson profile photo
February 01, 2018

Jabber up a storm.

Jabber was implemented once the product became a more mature solution to our collaboration needs. With the IP communicator product being phased out we decided to standardize on Jabber. The main focus to replace the softphone features but also now with its added functions to be a major tool in our collaboration tool chest. It is now being used also for sharing and chat along with the phone functionality.
  • Streamlined our ability to easily do video conference calls.
  • More well rounded IP phone replacement.
  • The UI is pretty clean but it could make some commonly used functions easier.
  • There should be a phone tab where you could just use a regular dial pad
  • Voice-mail could have a top bar with commonly used functions like delete or replay from the beginning.
It is suited pretty well for communication and managing voice and video calls.
Read John Dopson's full review
Karly Gersberg profile photo
Our entire organization of approximately 500-600 employees uses jabber very often on a daily basis as our primary means of instant communication. Besides e-mail, we use jabber in our organization to ask urgent questions, notify others of things quickly or send more informal messages that don’t require a full email or phone call. It allows us to communicate much more effectively because our employees are usually busy and not confined to their office or desk, so if they miss a phone call it becomes very easy to play phone tag all day. Jabber is also a more casual form of sending messages you may not want to send in an e-mail, and allows you to use emojis and attachments to illustrate your point.
  • Easy to use design, very common-sense oriented and user-friendly, just click the person's name, type your message and hit send!
  • You can attach files to a message, so if you need fo reference something in your conversation you dont have to send a separate e-mail. Makes it much less confusing to manage tasks
  • Connects to your Microsoft office calendar/desk phone to show if you are available, away or signed off in real-time and without having to manually set an away status.
  • Can easily change the size, and font of your text and can add emojis to make your conversation more fun and casual.
  • I would like to have the ability to archive and save particular conversations. It only saves your chat history for a week or two but there is no option to save parts of the conversation or import to your email. You would need to copy and paste but of course, you can’t do that after the fact if its already gone.
  • I would like to be able to personalize or customize the interface a little bit more. As of now, there is one design, one color, one set “away” or “busy” status and no way to change the color or look of the jabber home box or chat boxes.
  • The “phone call” function is not particularly easy to use. I still haven't been able to figure out how to connect my phone to my jabber so that I can “call” people via jabber or so that they can see if I am currently on a phone call already, which I think is an extremely useful function- if only I could figure out how to use it!
Jabber is very useful for a large company that is spread out across physical locations and where employees do not see each other often or are not able to interact face to face daily. It is also good for organizations where staff is frequently away and back from their desks and may not be “glued” to their desk phone. It may not be the best solution for companies who need confidential or private forms of communication because the chat box pops up onto your screen when someone messages you and is easy for clients to see.
Read Karly Gersberg's full review
Denny Caldwell profile photo
My company utilizes Jabber throughout the entire organization. It gives us a mechanism for communication throughout our organization both via voice and video calls and by way of instant messaging.
  • My favorite use of Jabber is for making and receiving phone calls from my PC. For outgoing calls I can search through the corporate database of employees to select my recipient and call right from my computer. All incoming calls ring both on my desk phone and on my PC, allowing me to receive a call using my headset and microphone even when I'm working remotely.
  • Jabber provides a unified platform for sending instant messages to any employee within our organization.
  • Jabber displays the availability of each employee. The fact that it syncs up with our company calendars makes this feature useful for determining if an employee is currently in a meeting.
  • I've attempted to use Jabber's screen sharing feature in the past with mixed results. The connection seems finicky at best, often lagging or disconnecting during the process. This could of course be attributed to our company's network infrastructure but I've not had many connectivity problems otherwise.
  • Some versions of Jabber display "toast" messages every time a user comes online. This is rather annoying and although they provided a mechanism for silencing these toasts, its on a per-user basis and it is not intuitively obvious how to silence them.
If your organization utilizes Cisco networked IP phones then Jabber is a must.
Read Denny Caldwell's full review

Task Management (19)
Gantt Charts (8)
6.4
Scheduling (21)
Workflow Automation (15)
Mobile Access (43)
Search (43)
Visual planning tools (15)
Chat (64)
9.2
Notifications (62)
Discussions (52)
Surveys (13)
Internal knowledgebase (19)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (12)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (11)
Integrates with Outlook (52)
Versioning (20)
Video files (39)
Audio files (38)
Document collaboration (30)
Access control (28)
Advanced security features (30)
Integrates with Google Drive (9)
6.7
Device sync (19)

About Jabber

Cisco Jabber is a communication platform that is available as a browser-based and mobile app solution. It allows users to collaborate across channels such as instant messaging, voice, VoIP, and video telephony. Features include voice and video calling, call recording, and broadcast messaging.

Key Features
Instant message and presence
Real-time presence information and instant messaging. Users can view the availability of contacts within and outside of their organization.

Business voice and video
Soft-phone features, including HD voice and video, plus desktop sharing.

Global Collaboration
Access to all of Cisco Jabber’s features while mobile, including video conferencing.

Communicate from Microsoft Office
Access Cisco Jabber directly from Microsoft Office applications. Click to initiate chat, voice or video calls, or multiparty conferences.