Slack Reviews

October 13, 2020
Raúl Galera Domínguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company is on Slack, which is great since we have employees located in different countries. I particularly like the sense of transparency it gives to our organization: We have a lot of different channels for business areas (marketing, engineering, etc) but they're all open for other employees to join and see what's being discussed.
  • Categorize discussions by channels.
  • Fast, powerful mobile app.
  • Almost all-in-one communication tool (chat and audio/video).
  • Integrations with Google Drive, Trello, etc.
  • Ability to share my screen on the web version.
  • For big organizations, (probably +150-200 employees) it might add too much noise if not managed correctly.
Scenarios where Slack is well suited:
  • Distributed teams and/or companies with multiple offices.
  • Startups: Helps new employees get a quick view of the "bigger picture" -- everything that's happening inside the organization.
  • Teams that need real-time communication to run their operations (eg. customer support, engineering).

Scenarios where Slack is less appropriate:
  • Large organizations with several hundred employees if not managed correctly -- it can add too much noise/distractions.
We haven't really had any issues with Slack -- so that's part of their support: Having a product that works perfectly out of the box and doesn't need additional setup/support.
Read Raúl Galera Domínguez's full review
December 23, 2020
Diamond Jeffries | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack is used throughout the whole company as a way of communicating with everybody in a quick way. Easy to use and allows everybody in different departments to have their own channels to communicate in without involving the whole company. Honestly, the best communication software I have ever used in a work setting.
  • Easy to communicate.
  • Simple to find everybody in your network.
  • Use of gifs and emojis is absolutely hilarious.
  • Love that the color schemes can be changed to user's preference.
  • Should be able to see old messages after 30 days.
  • Notifications should go out when new message is posted in group chats, not just when mentioned.
  • The notification noise is something I wish I could turn off.
Slack is perfect when you want a quick way to contact anybody within the company. Easy to search anybody's name and send them a private message or even create your own group chat with multiple people you want to be in the same conversation. This app gets NO bad reviews from me.
Read Diamond Jeffries's full review
December 18, 2020
Varun Kainthla | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by my whole organisation. Slack is primarily used by our company so that developers can talk to each other or to the client without any hassle. It addresses the problem of being able to talk to other people in the organization professionally without switching apps. It is much better and faster than emails and makes collaborations much easier and more interactive.
  • It is highly customizable and can be customized exactly to one's liking.
  • The Channels feature is really good. A Channel is like a group where discussion is held but it can be public, private, shared, or multi-workspace, which can help one to really organize the messages .
  • It has really good security and data is transferred safely.
  • It is pretty simple and it is easy to learn how to use it.
  • Many apps can be integrated in it.
  • Even though Channels are a great feature, it is hard to keep track of multiple conversations that are happening within company.
  • Multiple Channels means people can create channels for fun and slack off during work.
  • It is clumsy for large projects.
Slack is more useful for tech-related companies rather than manufacturing-based companies. It is more suitable to use when one is working on a medium-sized project rather than a big one as big conversations tend to be cluttered. It can also be distracting, so make sure not to waste time on it.
Read Varun Kainthla's full review
November 25, 2020
Mark Selinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Slack across the organization to communicate and collaborate in a timely manner. Slack has helped us to develop focused channels that only those that need to be aware of can be. It has also allowed us to create more "fun" channels such as "puppies" that has been a nice side benefit during this work from home environment.
  • Focused channels.
  • Company wide communications.
  • Ability to provide supporting information from other sites, sources.
  • Personally don't see any gaps for what we use it for.
Does what it's meant to do - easy way to quickly get in touch with other colleagues either written or voice.
Haven't used myself.
Read Mark Selinger's full review
November 07, 2020
Amod Shinde | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack is used to collaborate among all the employees of the organization ranging from developers to QAs, digital marketer, and HRs. As usual, there is a general channel, which is a group for all the employees to interact with, which involves discussions related to the company as a whole (and wishing employees well on special days and events). Each department has its separate channel to discuss department-related issues, for example, HR's will discuss increments in their group, developers will discuss the new software integration on their group, etc.
This has helped the organization to segregate the discussions and manage departments well. Sometimes a new channel is also created for a particular module and all the documents needed are attached to that channel for the module-specific process.
Added to that, Slack has integration for apps like Google Drive, Trello, etc., so team management also is possible with Slack as a center for all the linked apps used in the organization.
  • Integration with apps like Zoom, Google Calendar, Google Drive
  • Ability to create dedicated channels
  • Segregation between personal chats and channels
  • WYSIWYG editor for typing text
  • Slack app on Windows consumes a lot of RAM
  • Slack bot should be programmed to do more things
  • Small storage space available by default
Slack is well suited for midsize to small organizations for collaborating, text messaging, sharing pictures and documents. For a large organization, there can be a separate workspace made for each team within the organization itself. It's the best tool if you wish to keep your personal life separate from professional life, as it has a scheduled snooze timer that will snooze the notifications after a specified hour so that you can spend your personal time without disturbance. Workspaces in Slack are suitable for teams within the bigger organization. It lets you completely separate a team from others if you wish to. If the aim is to have everyone under the same workspace, Slack is a bit costlier as an option. The storage offered by default (for free) isn't enough and one needs to invest more to buy more space or delete older conversations and files.
  • Slack's help page offers almost everything you need to know about using Slack.
  • It provides options like getting started, using Slack, profiles, preferences, administration and customization of workspace, and roles and rights of the users, a tutorial for the integration of tools into your Slack workspace.
  • Slack also gives an option to contact them where we can report bugs or ask questions by attaching a file and sending a query.
  • The customer support is quite good, whether you are a free user or paid customer, the responses from the support team are very quick and, of course, you get added attention if you are a paying customer.
Read Amod Shinde's full review
November 20, 2020
Slack is being used across our organization and over time it has definitely helped streamline company-wide and team-wide communications far better than mass emails have done in the past. One on one messaging is appreciated, but by far not the most used feature in my experience.
  • Share files with others quickly.
  • Communicate to a broad swath of people.
  • Channels allow users to opt in or out of information as they please.
  • Too many notifications.
  • Too many workspaces to flip through.
  • Channels get noisy and information becomes hard to find.
I pick this rating simply because there is not a clear alternative for chat in the workspace. iMessages are as fantastic, but they don't allow for any division between work and personal messages.
I've never had to contact support for Slack which is a great testament to its ease and use. Adding people outside of the organization takes a little getting used to, but ultimately allows for greater collaboration between FTE and contractors. There is no clear alternative to this software, so it's the best we can do for now.
September 15, 2020
Slack is not used very centrally in our organization, unfortunately. Though we also have Microsoft Teams, the Slack offering is better at this time. Collaboration across teams is easier with Slack. Though I think Teams will catch up.
  • Collaboration within and between teams.
  • Many channels for very specific topics with experts in it.
  • A small learning curve to get the most of the product.
  • No other real negatives I can think of.
For a personal viewpoint, I use Slack in two ways: first I participate in channels that are very specific for a product or sometimes even a feature. There are experts on those channels that can help with many questions. Second, our team uses Slack to communicate on topics. The real benefit for me personally is the first use.
I didn't have to contact Slack Support to use and implement it. The customer-supported forums are a very good first place to start asking your questions and learn about Slack.
September 24, 2020
Slack is used as means of communication by us and clients as well by our colleagues. It is used by a department only. It's reduced our internal email. All our work is now done at a faster rate than before due to faster communication. In my opinion, it is way faster than Skype for Business.
  • It's reduced our internal email.
  • Cost management.
  • Slack provides a much better system to communicate with your clients as well as your colleague. You can directly communicate with your clients using Slack.
  • Cannot preview document without downloading.
  • Need a feature of video conferencing as well.
Sometimes we need urgent help/suggestion from our colleagues or just from clients. So, using Slack we can immediately contact them and get our issue resolved. You can also create a group and get help from several members as well.
May 18, 2020
Divesh Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack in used in our organization as a messaging platform over the web, where we connect with our colleagues and share information i.e, files, documents, pictures, etc. Slack is an alternative to most of our bcc's and cc's mail. It is used across the whole organization. Through Slack, we form a small group while working on a project, we do this for quick and easy passing of information.
  • Easy to use. Nice UI and UX.
  • Get a notification for every message that we receive.
  • Can form a small group to communicate with others while working on a common project.
  • No automatic messaging send option available.
  • Sometimes message notifications are received with some delay.
It is best suited in all sorts of organization, small or big, it well suited in all firms. Its best use is that it can be used to form a group for communicating with our colleagues while working on a common project. It also can be used as a reminder for our important stuff.
Read Divesh Kumar's full review
March 25, 2020
Tom Laughlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Slack as our primary inter team communication tool. We have integrated a number of the platforms that easily work within the tool as well as the in-platform call feature. We have created channels where we can communicate product or department specific information. We have a variety of social channels as well where we can share music, choices and lately, photos and ideas on how we are coping with the work from home status. My favorite feature is the ability to easily search issues or items. Other similar tools don't have such robust features like this so it helps me quickly see if my issue has come up.
  • Channels (specific groups)
  • Integration
  • In-platform calls
  • History
  • Customization (some limitations)
We have a remote work environment as well as several international offices. We needed a tool that allowed us to communicate among individuals, teams and different parts of the organizations (Product, Support, etc). By using Slack, we can easily share information, create unique channels to share data and then integrate many other tools that we regularly use. The in platform phone allows us to easily call one another as well.
I don't need to be very technical to use the Slack or to integrate tools into Slack. Adding an app (integration) is seamless and the platform walks me through the process. I can communicate with my colleagues quickly either with chat or by using the call feature to phone them. If I ever have a product question, I can quickly go to one of our product channels and search for related questions or pose a question that our experts monitor. These features have made me more effective in my day and in managing my customer base.
Read Tom Laughlin's full review
January 28, 2020
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love using Slack. It is by far the best communication system out on the market for businesses to use. I have been using Slack for over a year and I love how easy it is to create group chats and individual chats. I am able to connect with fellow employees with ease. It is super easy to share files and links with co-workers. Another cool thing is if another company has Slack, you can connect with them which is super nice because you can have a live chat with any user of Slack. Slack is my go-to for communicating with co-workers because it allows me to get almost instant answers.
  • Easy to communicate with fellow co-workers
  • Ability to communicate with other companies that have Slack
  • Slack downtime is very rare, if any.
  • It gets very expensive if you have a huge company
  • Unable to unread messages to remind me to read again
Slack has been built to work on your web browser, as an app on your computer, and an app on your smartphone. Slack has spent the money to make sure that their program rarely has downtime. I love how easy it is to communicate with my co-workers on Slack. It is easier than sending an email to a co-worker. Slacks improves efficiency in the company because employees are able to communicate with each other with ease especially if the company has multiple locations across the country or across the world. Slack will even let you know what time it is for the recipient you are sending the message to which is great if you have overseas employees.
Slack has built a product that has rare downtime which means that the company is investing the time and money to constantly have a well-running product. I have never had the need to reach out to Slack for support help, but I have read articles about how great their support is and how they care about their users.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
April 14, 2020
Mary Vasquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack has been used in my company as a communication tool between departments and co-workers in order to maintain a tight-knit community and for everyone to be clear about their activities and roles within the organization as such. With Slack we have addressed the main problem in any IT company: effective and proactive communication. Like other tools that do the same job, Slack brings together all the chat options on demand so that both users and managers can have the ability to communicate without any major problems.
  • Enables effective and proactive communication between departments and managers in the organization.
  • Brings a great benefit to projects that your company is currently working on, organizing all the medium to long term objectives
  • Slack is a very easy-to-use platform and intuitive for first-time users.
  • Slack's technical support needs to improve its response times, sometimes taking longer than usual, making it unreliable software.
  • Slack performance is sometimes affected by saturation effects on the company's server, making the whole process look a little slow.
  • I would like to see more features in Slack such as: implementing the ability to make video calls without the need for other external software.
Slack is very good at creating communities and establishing links with departments of any organization, which makes this tool a fundamental pillar in terms of communication. However, Slack cannot be relied upon to implement action plans in private conversations due to the minimalist and unconventional nature of its chat tools.
Slack's technical support needs to improve a lot in terms of customer service, sometimes they treat customers badly, and many times we prefer to call support in English. They are friendlier and empathic in that sense. Also, they need to improve their response times. When you send them a ticket, they take up to 7 days and their answers are not very clear and offer a vague idea of what you can do to solve any problem you have.
Read Mary Vasquez's full review
March 18, 2020
Simisara Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack is used as an external communication channel with our stakeholders which are based in a different time-zone. The platform is used specifically for a project. The tool makes file sharing as well as holding impromptu meetings easily. An added advantage is that groups can be created for specific needs with desired team members. The channel saves all chat records and has an inbuilt thread feature for all chats which makes it easier to track conversations.
  • Provision to create chat threads.
  • Saves chat history as per the pricing plan.
  • Provision to create channels and add guest members to specific channels.
  • Provision to add external members.
  • Call option which has good voice clarity.
  • All files shared to cumulate on a central repo could have been easy especially for admins.
Slack is well suited wherein there is an organizational restriction to communicate with external stakeholders.
Read Simisara Johnson's full review
January 28, 2020
Victoria Loza | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack is perfect for communication between large organizations and within different departments. I like how you can send announcements to entire departments or to individual workers.
  • Slack offers notification features for different departments.
  • Slack allows one to send private messages to administrators.
  • Slack allows one to send group messages.
  • Slack could allow for a video chat feature.
  • It needs to feature more emojis and stickers for its messages.
  • It also needs a voice messaging feature like Whatsapp.
Slack is well suited as a platform for professional announcements to large groups. It is not well suited for personal video chatting.
Support is good when needed, but I haven't needed it much. It is perfect for business but lacks a video chat feature.
Read Victoria Loza's full review
January 21, 2020
Marco Carnevali | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Slack for the whole company: we divided each department by Slack channels. We use it daily in order to connect every office [that are in different time zones.
  • Integration with third-party apps
  • Good time zone support
  • Slack Calls
  • Slack Price
Slack is the best communication system if you have offices all around the world and if you use software like Google Suite, Salesforce etc. I don't think it's appropriate for really small companies with less than 5 people.
I have never used Slack support; it's always worked 100%.
Read Marco Carnevali's full review
June 12, 2020
We use Slack across the entire organization, within all departments. We were a very distributed team where collaboration with people around the world was a regular occurrence. A tool like Slack simplified communication within individual teams, but also allowed for easy communication across teams where, for instance, a customer support representative could contact an engineering team member to get some help or explanations. Slack was also integrated with a few other systems that allowed the centralized broadcast of information, such as tweets mentioning our products or the release of new software builds, where anyone who is interested could consume it.
  • Provides great flexibility to structure your conversations and the information within (channels, 1 on 1, groups, threads). Being able to structure conversations makes it easier to find relevant information later and can allow the splitting of the casual and important.
  • Ease of use. Slack is easy to get into and use while still offering many advanced options for those curious and adventurous enough to use them.
  • Great potential for integration. Slack has many apps and integrations that allow easy access to other systems or to quickly share information across systems. By connecting multiple systems you can access a lot of data from a single place which can save time.
  • The search feature could really be improved. It is quite difficult to find something specific with the search function as no matter the parameters and filters that you set, it seems to never return what you are looking for.
  • The UI could use some help. The basics are there and easy to use, but Slack offers a ton of ways to customize the experience and this causes the setting screen to be a huge convoluted mess, but also switches and options can be found in numerous places. This makes it quite difficult when you are trying to find a specific option or need to know if it even exists.
  • The Android mobile app (can't speak for iOS) can be buggy at times. Navigation sometimes doesn't work as expected and the read/unread status on the contact list can be erroneous. I mostly use it for after hours messaging so it's very light use and therefore not a big issue, but it could be annoying to a mobile-only workforce.
Slack is a great tool to facilitate communication in large and small enterprises alike. Having the ability to send quick messages to colleagues around the world without the formality of an email makes communication more efficient. The emojis and gifs also bring a bit of whimsy into the office which in turns makes for a more comfortable office atmosphere. For a remote workforce, this tool makes staying in touch and communicating much easier while providing a helpful social aspect, after all there is no water cooler to gather around. For smaller businesses and non-distributed teams, it is still a valuable tool to keep track of and share information but definitely not a necessity.
There is a lot of online documentation available and it is quite easy to open a ticket and get a fairly rapid response. Some more in-product help options would make it easier for the less technically inclined folks to find answers to their questions more quickly though. Being an end user, I can't speak to the quality of the support given when reaching out directly to the Account Manager.
June 25, 2020
At this time Slack is being used within our department. Since Covid-19's changes, we have been working remotely for the last 3 months and Slack has helped us stay connected throughout the day. It's easier to quickly get a question out to the team and discuss in real time, rather than awaiting emails or getting everyone on a different platform. We love it!
  • Easy to use.
  • Free.
  • Great for large groups.
  • Not the prettiest app to look at, looks a bit old school.
  • Inability to block users.
I believe Slack is a great alternative to group chatting with co-workers in different departments. It's free to use, and easy to navigate. You can have multiple groupings which is great!
I have not had the need for support from Slack, which in a sense shows their support on the back and has been seamless.
May 21, 2020
Slack is used by one business unit in our organisation. That business unit is responsible for providing engineering services to different clients. Slack is used for internal communication in our project. Slack provides some great features like private and public channels, where team members can communicate. We can say that Slack provides all required features to avoid communication gap between team members.
  • Private and public channels, direct message.
  • We can integrate few useful apps like Polly, Outlook Calendar, etc.
  • We can pin important messages in channels.
  • We can star the important message in direct message chats.
  • We can send piece of code in well formatted manner.
  • We can not share message to public channel from direct messages.
  • Some UI improvements are required, the old UI was great but the new version which was updated recently needs some UI improvements.
  • In text snippet, auto suggestion can be introduced for popular programming language.
Slack is really helpful when we need to discuss anything with team members. We can ping them or can Audio/Video call as well. This provides screen sharing feature as well. In channels we can tag right person for any relevant task, I personally like that feature. But still some improvements are required like we cannot schedule future calls here although we can integrate Outlook calendar plugin, the second one is, in screen sharing we cannot pass controls access to other person like Teams or GoToMeeting.
Their documentation is good. We can easily learn about any newly launched feature using that. In past, I went through the documentation to integrate Slack with few monitoring application like AppOptics and documentation was well described to easily set up the things.
April 15, 2020
Slack is used across our whole organisation, both company-wide and intra-departmentally. We not only use it for communications, but also for a variety of other use cases such as field info sharing (while mobile), polling, project collaborations, data input, news and info distribution, among others. We've found that some of the use cases we used email for has shifted to Slack as well.
  • Clean, intuitive UI.
  • Easy, custom functionality development.
  • Notifications can be overwhelming at times. It would be great to have a smarter way of filtering.
  • Channels may get unwieldy. Better ability to prioritize would be helpful.
Slack is fantastic for real-time info sharing, wide dissemination, and soliciting fast responses. It is very easy to create channels and groups, enabling a user to route info effectively or communicate in a targeted fashion; it is also seamless to create side channels. Slack is great at integrating various media forms brilliantly in a clean UX.

It is not as great as a structure, prioritization, tasks, workflow, etc. It is also not easy to categorize various topics in a channel for easy reference and retrieval.
We've found them responsive when we needed them. But in fact, the online info and the usability of the product were straightforward and sufficient. We haven't had to test support for anything critical (yet). In general, we are satisfied to-date.
February 16, 2020
Slack is the central communication tool for our organization. When I started, we were only really using Slack for instant messaging. That has grown over the years to the point where we use Slack for internal calls, messaging, company wide and private communication channels, online meetings, and inter-office calling. I really like the evolution of the solution and it has replaced multiple tools that we'd otherwise use in our organization (like email, gotomeeting) into one single solution. I really like the mobile app and the experience between devices is seamless. My only nit-pick is that sometimes searching within the app can be a little wonky. Finally, the api for the system is nice and allows for nice integrations with our internal project management tool. Their app store is also comprehensive and the salesforce integration is useful.
  • instant messgaing
  • video calls
  • integrations-ability to create help tickets with commands within Slack
  • the internal searching mechanism could be better
  • sometimes run into bandwidth issues on calls
  • have had some issues picking up the microphone on my headset sometimes
It is an excellent communication tool. It is especially useful for a remote office. The screen sharing is very well implemented. VOIP quality is also good. In many ways it will replace long email strings and dedicated voip systems for inter office communication. The app marketplace also allows for a variety of plugins that can connect slack to tools like the g-suite and salesforce.
I haven't personally had to rely on Slack's support, but from what colleagues have told me there are no issues with contact Slack's support team in a quick and comprehensive manner. .
March 17, 2020
We use Slack as a whole to communicate service issues throughout the world and to track our Jira Service Desk tickets.
  • Through Slack you can collaborate within your terms very well.
  • You can use it to video call.
  • I do not think there are many cons to the product.
Slack is perfect for the IT industry due to the need to be able to communicate and video call with people around the world.
I am indifferent because I haven’t had to use Slack support for any reason.
December 03, 2019
Cat Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack is currently being used by our entire organization. There's a small number of employees at headquarters in New York City, but the rest of the company is remote, spread all over the U.S. and the globe (UK, Germany, India, Japan, Korea). My specific department consists of 1200+ employees, and Slack is THE way that we communicate. It's a seamless, vital part of our work lives. Truthfully, we wouldn't be able to function as a company without it!
  • Flexibility around notifications. Being part of a 1200+ employee company & a member of multiple channels & groups in Slack, it's fantastic being able to control that notifications I WANT to receive (and which I'd like to "mute," another helpful function).
  • The ability to create separate "channels" & groups. This has been key in making sure communication is organized & categorized in a way that makes sense. For example, we have separate channels for announcements, tech-related troubleshooting, different departments, etc.
  • Ease of use & just plain fun. With emojis, "reactions," and gifs built in, communicating can be quite fun :)
  • A channel initially created as private can't be changed to public. (However, the reverse is possible -- public channels can be made private.)
  • The flip side of all the features, functionality, and "fun" aspects of Slack is that it can be a distraction from real work if you're not careful (there IS such a thing as falling into the Slack rabbit hole!).
When there's a team that spans time zones and continents, Slack is the perfect tool for communication & collaboration. It houses a workplace directory, so any employee can be searched for by name. Sending a direct message to any individual in the company is as simple as finding their name, then typing a message & hitting send! Essentially, it's a hub for all communication -- individual, team, and company-wide announcements can be quickly & easily disseminated using Slack.
I haven't yet needed to reach out for additional support. Perhaps this speaks to its straightforwardness & ease of use!
Read Cat Nguyen's full review
September 28, 2019
Benjamin Plotkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our department is among a handful that uses Slack as their primary work messaging tool (the organization default is Microsoft Teams). Slack is being used to support direct messaging and group chats between on-premises and remote employees, as well as service providers and vendors. It provides a system-agnostic communications workspace that can easily be ramified into various private and public channels as changing needs demand.
  • Slack is a solid chat tool that works across a variety of platforms, with a very low barrier for entry: new users can be invited via email, and can use web-based, desktop, or mobile versions of the application.
  • Slack has really captured the zeitgeist of digital culture, including strong support for customizing look and feel (including custom emojis), and a plethora of integrations with popular web-based tools, including Pivotal Tracker and GitHub on the productive side, and Giphy.com on the fun side.
  • Slack continues to refine and improve their product, with new features being rolled out just about every month.
  • Slack offers a great value in their free version of the app, with most of the tool's functionality available for no cost.
  • While their focus on continuous product improvement is admirable, the pace of change sometimes introduces bugs to existing features.
  • Some workspace administrative options require logging in to the workspace website -- it would be great to be able to manage all configuration directly from the desktop app.
  • Allow me to be petty for a moment: Why can't we have bigger emojis?
Slack is great when you have a working group that is spread out over various locations; beyond facilitating productive chat sessions -- as well as video conferencing and screen sharing (depending on your pricing tier) -- Slack's fun features can really help to build team camaraderie.

Slack may not be a great fit for working groups that prefer face-to-face communications, or those teams that are already well-acclimated to another group chat tool.
Whenever I've had to troubleshoot an issue with Slack (which, to be honest, has not happened very often), their online documentation has been easy to locate, easy to understand, and effective in resolving my issue. Slack's ever-growing popularity also means that there's a large community of practice out there that can be depended upon.
Read Benjamin Plotkin's full review
January 10, 2020
Logan Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Slack for all communications within our company. We communicate via direct messages or via specific channels related to departments, tasks, customers, marketing, news stations or general communication. It allows us to keep track of all things related and refer to any conversations that we had in the past.
  • Communication.
  • Organization.
  • Notifications.
  • Giphy.
Slack is very easy to use and can be very effective. I enjoy speaking through gifs, so the Giphy option is very friendly and always adds some fun to my communication. I am able to communicate with all members of my team, regardless of where they are in the US.
I have not had a problem with Slack to date. It has always worked for me and allows me to communicate with all members of my team regardless of if they are in the office or not. I am able to search for all conversations and refer to anything previously mentioned. Gifs are awesome too.
Read Logan Turner's full review
December 31, 2019
Harshit Bhattaram | TrustRadius Reviewer
At our current workplace, we are connected to two teams via Slack. One is our own and the other is of a Fortune 50 company which also uses Slack. So Slack as a whole is used by the entire company and also customers/clients we interact with on a day-to-day basis. The primary business need being staying connected with colleagues and also collaborating on work is what makes Slack great software to use on a daily basis.
  • Multiple channels/groups for a specific purpose.
  • Excellent functionality for code snippets.
  • When pasting a large code snippet it hangs and has to be force closed.
  • Video calls can be improved by giving more functionality like pass control and so on.
The ability to collaborate between multiple teams including customers and clients is a superb pro feature when dealing with Slack and it's a scenario where we find Slack to be useful.
However when it comes handling a video call where multiple people speak and they are sharing the video and also want to share the screen or maybe request access to control the desktop, Slack needs improvement and it's less apt.
We've been as an organisation thoroughly impressed at the way Slack has helped us become more productive and made a positive impact in the way we get things done. The support team has also helped us in solving any issues we faced during installation and also an upgrade to meet more requirements as we grow and become a bigger organisation.
Read Harshit Bhattaram's full review

Task Management (98)
Gantt Charts (37)
Scheduling (73)
Workflow Automation (84)
Mobile Access (174)
Search (172)
Visual planning tools (51)
Chat (187)
9.7
Notifications (185)
Discussions (181)
Surveys (94)
Internal knowledgebase (98)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (51)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (88)
Integrates with Outlook (57)
Versioning (77)
Video files (144)
Audio files (139)
Document collaboration (117)
Access control (102)
Advanced security features (87)
Integrates with Google Drive (109)
Device sync (112)

What is Slack?

Slack is a group messaging or team collaboration app that aims to simplify communication for businesses. Features include open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving, and file sharing. Slack integrates with a number of other tools, such as MailChimp, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Slack was acquired by Salesforce in December 2020.

The product is free to use, and also has paid plans with more features and greater controls.

The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.