In an organization, …
Mobile Access (234)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Slack, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Slack is a group messaging or team collaboration app that aims to simplify communication for businesses. Features include open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving, and file sharing. Slack integrates with a number of other tools, such as MailChimp, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Slack was acquired by Salesforce in December 2020.
The product is free to use, and also has paid plans with more features and greater controls.
The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.
- HubSpot integration
- Outlook calendar meeting status update
- Tagging an individual, team or everyone
- Refresh glitches, every so often Slack goes blank, not sure if it's a cache issue or something within the programming, not a frequent issue
- Reduce costs
- Audio/video call improvements
- The Remind Feature is amazing! Allowing me to type down a "To-Do" list and ask Slack to remind me about it later.
- Allowing different channels is so important - It helps us keep conversations separate and focused.
- Huddles - Basically phone calls are very handy when you quickly need to talk to someone rather than message them. It is also helpful to be able to show your screen quickly rather than hop into an online conference room.
- I wish there was a "Night Mode" that would help slowly turn down the brightness or contrast in the program to help your eyes not feel so strained as the day gets into the dark hours or even in the morning.
- I wish that channels didn't have to be in alphabetical order and would allow me to change the "list" to what I needed at the top.
- Easily communicate with teams
- Create targeted groups to filter communication
- Connecting to Apps seamlessly
- Group App Alerts sometimes start on the last conversation instead of the first missed conversation.
- Sync to mobile.
- Google drive and calendar integration.
- Pre-scheduling messages.
- The default knock brush IM sound gives me PTSD, time to change it?
- Missed notifications.
- Inability to flag messages for follow-up.
- Easy to understand organization of threads, messages, and groups
- Customized preferences for sound notifications
- Thread function allows separate conversations to be grouped in large group chats
- Wish there was a central location to view all public channels. "Browse channels" is not comprehensive.
- Wish drafts would save for longer, they often disappear after a few minutes
- Had some issues uploading a photo without it distorting the proportions
- Easy to use/learn
- with the correct rights it is easy to be an admin
- all the view options and possible configuration
- The Search feature for previous messages could be more complete
- the notifications could be more controllable
- Ad-hoc communications
- Increase engagement between remote teams
- Reduce the reliance on Email
- Provide greater opportunity to collaborate
- full integration on communications (voice, video)
- does not suit an academic setting
- not very easy to configure for guest users
- Instant messaging
- Calls / huddles
- Slack Groups to collaborate
- After a Slack call/huddle, it doesn’t end automatically after the call ends
- When someone calls through Slack, direct join call option is quite confusing, it says join huddle and call attend option does not work well most of the times
- No direct link for joining the Slack meeting
- Personalization of visuals (colors, patterns, dark scheme)
- Multiple channel creation for individual or team chats
- Dual function of web based and app based for flexibility
- Connectivity across app to desktop for continued conversations
- You can't get it if you don't know it exists (need more visibility)
- More integration for presentations or adding attachments
- Easier access to customer support?
- Notifications in bold on the name of channel
- share the screen
- link google agendas
- availabilities option for each users
- option of private channel
- Search function
- Often Slack calls don't work. Either it is impossible to call someone or the sound does not work.
- Sometimes the pencil is available for screen sharing other times it is not available.
- Excellent in terms of tracking new and upcoming orders for business.
- Create various channels to manage your team and departments.
- The User Interface (UI) is friendly.
- Portable and to use. They both have software, website and application.
- Excellent in terms of fast communication with employer, team and co-workers.
- You can have a voice call with you team. But, it's better to have a video call function.
- Sometimes it's hard to find the direct message in threads.
- When opening the software and app. The refresh rate after logging in is slow.
- If you manage 2 businesses. You can't manage them in one platform because you need to create a separate Slack link for it.
In an organization, multiple projects are running so needs to manage all data of particular projects.
Also, different employees are working on some projects, so by creating a channel in Slack, we can manage our work and data to succeed in the project.
- Channel in slack is very useful.
- Integration with other apps is very handy like with google calendar.
- We can set time of our working hour after that we didn't got notification of message.
- Reaction on message is very useful and unique feature.
- Searching message is effective, we can easily find previous message or files.
- There is lack of feature that can see our message is read or not.
- In mobile app sometimes notification is not working fine.
- Desktop application is sometimes takes much time to open slack.
- It takes much RAM of device.
We can manage our meetings by integrating the Google Calendar into slack by that way slack also remind us before a meeting as a notification.
- Huddle quality and bandwidth on phones.
- Chat segregation.
- Communication with coworkers
- Separate discussion into channels
- Announcements and sharing content
- Direct messaging
- Organizing channels & people (subchannels, teams, etc.)
- Bookmarking interesting topics
- It is easy to use and communicate with Slack.
- I can send documents in Slack itself.
- We have text formatting options also in Slack.
- The searching of a particular Slack channel is difficult.
- The usage of mobile Slack is difficult compared to desktop.
- Sometimes, it is slow maybe due to some problems.
- Group chat.
- Single place for messaging and files.
- Great way to share docs.
- Show conversations chronologically.
- Allow better notification settings, so that you can have a push notification based on importance.
Every day we use Direct messages. We use it for discussing in temporary/permanent channels. So our use cases are:
-To connect with peers through direct messages.
-To discuss ib channels.
-To reply in the thread.
-To discuss in a quick huddle.
-Chat with peers through direct messages.
-To discuss in quick huddle.
- Chat with peers through direct messages.
- To discuss in quick huddle.
- Chat in various channels.
- To reply on threads.
- Whenever we huddle and share the screen it hangs a lot.
- Huddling with peers sometimes have voice lag.
- Screen freezes after huddling with the screen share end and when the user wants to chat with peers.
For direct message.
For message chat in a channel.
For messaging in various threads.
For starring a channel.For sharing the threads with peers.
For discussion with peers on the huddle.
For huddling with peers need to screen share (it hangs/freezes a lot).
For multiple screen share at a time.
- Easy chatting.
- Easy navigation.
- Easy calling.
- Group chats organization.
- Calling window.
- Start an immediate chat with a group team member.
- Slack Channels for different groups of individuals for different initiatives.
- It is very easy to sign up for and use as a tool - Intuitive.
- The "Threads" feature is very helpful in NOT missing out any replies
- Ability to Save convos that you might want to return to is very helpful
- Screensharing with zero overhead
- Connectivity with external vendors over slack
- Reflecting the availability status of an individual based off of integration with other products e.g., Microsoft Outlook. Currently, it does indicate that there is a meeting on Outlook but syncing the status takes it a step further.
- Search feature can be made better with the ability to search based on a certain criteria like a Person etc. This feature is not as mature as it can be.
- If a message was missed, then Slack will send an email at the end of the day
- I would like app to send notifications if there are messages in channels and a user is not tagged
- Quick and easy direct messaging to single people or groups of people
- Rich text support for images, attachments, code snippets, or just emphasis
- Channels are quick and easy to set up and customize
- Sometimes it's easy to get overwhelmed by notifications if you don't customize your alerts
- Free plan limits the number of messages available at any given time, meaning you can "lose" a conversation with someone after talking to others
- iOS version of Slack doesn't support landscape orientation
- On time notifications.
- Helps communication within the team.
- Integrations are easy to create.
- Wider the range of the type of notifications to be sent.
- Group Chats
- Private Groups
- Added Addons
- All good
- It can be distracting at times, we had to introduce a 'slack etiquette' guide
- You can't edit existing reminders easily, you have to delete and recreate them
- Audio and Screen Sharing.
- App integration.
- Mentions of people.
- Some time search is difficult.
- Need to provide localisation.
- Show Subtitle like Google meet.