LiveAction is a network management platform from the company of the same name in Santa Clara, California.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/DV/w3/7MZBTZ8BCW4T.pngIT Security Manager's LIveAction ReviewWe use LiveAction in basically two departments, infrastructure operations (primarily in the QoS arena) and security operations (Netflow data). As the IT security manager, I use it primarily for network overview and netflow data monitoring. It is a great product to give me insight to our overall network architecture and where I can drill down to those areas I need further detail. Its ability to give me the granularity to further investigate possible security incidents is valuable.,Architecture overview with drill down capability by device. Detailed reporting of network traffic by type. Great filtering capability which allows granular capture and review of different data types. Great QoS functionality (Although I personally do not use it since mine is a primarily security function). Our infrastructure operations group utilizes it in that vein.,I use it primarily as a monitoring tool from a security standpoint, so one complaint is that the filter creation process takes a little time to learn. In the digital days of printing less, I do still need to print network diagrams for compliance documentation and some of the larger network diagrams documents do not print easily. I wish the network connection lines were easier to see. They are typically very light and you have to drill down to see them more clearly.,9,Real time insight to network issues whether security related or not. Great reporting features for executives.,SolarWinds Network Device Monitor,Wireshark, Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway, Cisco Cloud Email Security
LiveAction

LiveAction Reviews

LiveAction
Filter 4 vetted LiveAction reviews and ratings
Randy Zuehlke profile photo
February 06, 2018

"IT Security Manager's LIveAction Review"

• Architecture overview with drill down capability by device.
  • Detailed reporting of network traffic by type.
  • Great filtering capability which allows granular capture and review of different data types.
  • Great QoS functionality (Although I personally do not use it since mine is a primarily security function). Our infrastructure operations group utilizes it in that vein.
  • I use it primarily as a monitoring tool from a security standpoint, so one complaint is that the filter creation process takes a little time to learn.
  • In the digital days of printing less, I do still need to print network diagrams for compliance documentation and some of the larger network diagrams documents do not print easily.
  • I wish the network connection lines were easier to see. They are typically very light and you have to drill down to see them more clearly.
Again, I use the product simply from a network flow perspective since security is my focus. In conjunction with a product like Wireshark, LiveAction gives me the visibility into the live data coming across our network. From what my IO Group tells me, it is a great QoS monitoring tool for day to day management.
Read Randy Zuehlke's full review