Reviews (1-1 of 1)
March 28, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We use RJMetrics as our data warehouse to connect the 6+ important pieces of software that our business uses in the day-to-day. We are able to pull in these data outputs from software used across the company to compile into clean and easy to understand reports. RJ Metrics helps us get a snapshot of the business as a whole, instead of individual department snapshots that each of these pieces of software provides when looked at individually.
- It is relatively easy to manipulate the time period in which you want to see your report. This is important for our business because we are constantly analyzing sales month over month, quarter over quarter, and year over year. RJ makes it easy to toggle between these time ranges on the same report.
- The visualizers available for reports are what you would expect out of a product like this. You have the ability to view your results in tables and a multitude of charts.
- The ability to customize dashboards and rearrange reports quickly is great and intuitive!
- I don't have any database or SQL training, so it took me a little longer than desired to get started up and comfortable with RJ. I wasn't present when we on-boarded with RJ though, which could have been part of the problem, but you definitely need a very basic level of query language and formula writing knowledge to hit the ground running and use this tool to its full capability.
- RJ gives you the ability to set email updates on whichever reports you choose. I wish that these reports were a little more customizable to give only the pertinent information from a large report to the parties who need it. IE, customize the view for marketing vs. design but all based on the same report.
- It would be helpful to get an email from RJ with tips and tricks (short videos or blogs) to be able to continue to learn more about this tool.
Read Kristen Edgerton's full review
If you have multiple sources of data that you need to compile into one to cross report, this is a good tool to do that. The connections of those data sources definitely need an expert, so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind, that if you are starting from square 0 on database queries and reporting, there will be a learning curve. I think once you have the base knowledge though, RJ Metrics is relatively intuitive, has a nice UI, and most importantly, allows us to build the reports that we need with confidence that the information included in the reports is up to date and correct.
Magento BI (formerly RJMetrics) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Magento BI (formerly RJMetrics)
Magento BI (formerly RJMetrics) is an ecommerce analytics solution that provides data pipeline, warehouse and visualization capabilities. It was acquired by Magento, and is now owned and supported by Adobe.
Categories: Business Intelligence (BI)
Magento BI (formerly RJMetrics) Competitors
Magento BI (formerly RJMetrics) Technical Details