Reviews (1-2 of 2)
June 06, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Being an all Cisco shop and since NetFlow was developed by Cisco this was a no-brainer for collecting and analyzing traffic on our network. We use it for bandwidth monitoring, network performance analytics, and anomaly detection. I would say we use it more for proving it's not the network and showing the server guys and applications where the issue resides.
- Bandwidth Monitoring - With the use of OTV within the Nexus environment between 2 of or centralized locations as well as other traffic, we need to know whos hogging the traffic.
- Network Performance Analytics - Having multiple locations, knowing the performance of the data lines is a most.
- Anomaly Detection - Virus, hacks, etc is where this comes in handy.
- At this point, I don't have any suggestion for improvements.
Read this authenticated review
The capacity planning was a big help in our company as we grew the number of connected locations. Grow or die is pretty much the business model of today but that growth is only as good as the network it travels on. Being able to recommend appropriate network requirements is a big deal in our line of business.
May 06, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
Read Milos Prastalo's full review
When we experience extensive traffic on links toward our branch offices, we go to NetVizura for revealing the true reason behind it. For example, we can see which services are consuming the most traffic (e.g. FTP, mail, etc.) and then optimize traffic by configuring QoS policies on this specific link. Practically, the feedback we receive from NetVizura helps us analyze facts on the ground and decide how to prioritize more important over less important traffic.
NetFlow Analyzer Scorecard Summary
About NetFlow Analyzer
NetVizura’s NetFlow Analyzer is designed to help network admins with network traffic monitoring, analysis and reporting. The vendor says their solution enables users to do the following:
- Monitor network bandwidth on routers and interfaces
- Monitor custom traffic on IP subnets and IP subnets groups
- Monitor end user traffic (username based)
- Quickly get insight into traffic structure (top talkers) by hosts, services, protocols, conversations, QoS, AS
- Understand traffic trends on historical charts
- Schedule reports
- Set threshold based alarms
- Investigate flow records in fully searchable Raw Data archive
- Get fast and clear insight with Dashboard overview
NetVizura supports Cisco® NetFlow, IPFIX, NSEL and compatible netflow-like protocols (standardized NetFlow). As long as the user’s devices can export in these protocols (and most devices can) there is no need for additional hardware purchase. If a Netflow capable device is not available then users can set up a free NetFlow probe (e.g. Softflow) and send NetFlow datagrams to the NetVizura server. Traffic statistics can then be separated by departments or offices by utilizing Traffic Pattern functionality and identifying departments and offices by their IP subnets.
Categories: Network Monitoring
NetFlow Analyzer Screenshots
NetFlow Analyzer Competitors
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?No
Price is based on the number of processed flows. No limitations on the number of user, interfaces etc.
NetFlow Analyzer Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||67%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||33%|
NetFlow Analyzer Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Online support channel|
NetFlow Analyzer Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|