I have tested Powtoon for its characteristic way of transmitting information through simple animations, like other software such as Prezi that has its characteristic "zoom and scroll" on a slide. Powtoon takes the way in which a slide is exposed to another level with animations. I started using it personally for the occasional task for my children but I tried to include this platform in my work environment and at the beginning it was a great idea since it is a new way of capturing the attention of the public and I left behind those boring slides.
- Its interface is really simple, which helps a lot for people who want to try this new way of making presentations.
- It has animation templates to help the user finish the presentation faster.
- Animations can be created freely as it is highly customizable, easy, and quick without the need to be an expert in graphic design.
- There are a large number of backgrounds, images, audios, texts, etc. that can be added to the video presentation.
- The web version has gotten really heavy lately. They should optimize that.
- Creating characters is not as customizable as you think. It is a bit limited in that regard.
- Background music is also a bit limited.
- Although it is simple to use, it takes a bit of animation knowledge and patience to achieve proper animation.
Read Penelope Brown's full review
If you want to try something different than the current ways of creating a slide to transmit information within the work area or want to present a proposal to a client, Powtoon would be ideal for doing that job. It will take a little time to learn how it works but once you get the hang of it you can do amazing and professional things.