Canva saves the day!

Game Changer

January 22, 2022

Canva for the WIN!

December 03, 2021

Canva makes my brain happy

December 01, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canva, and make your voice heard!

Pro

per month

Enterprise

Per Month Per User

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://forms.gle/zHo7VA7X78UcqzPs9

What is Canva?

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).

Canva Video

Introducing Canva

Canva Technical Details

Cathy Peters | TrustRadius Reviewer
The primary way I use Canva for business is to create engaging content for my social media sites and my marketing clients. I am able to organize my own graphic and use the ones that have an affordable cost. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram...as well as other design needs. It helps me in that is has many uses such as video creations and forms. I use it for personal projects and for clients.
  • user-friendly tool
  • create great content even if you aren’t a professional designer
  • Template for everything under the sun
  • Text, graphics, and photo options for no additional charge
  • The site is down quite a bit and crashes at times
  • customer support is not great
  • mobile app is difficult to use
  • Organization of creations and files downloaded
I found Canva by accident and learned how to use it early on in its development so worked through the hiccup stage. I see that Canva is constantly improving the platform and I like that. I have had issues where I needed support and it took quite a while to get help with a project deadline haunting me. I find that using Canva for admin stuff such as invoices isn't very effective. I love the platform overall.
Michele Veiga Morales | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use it to assist in the dissemination of all communications we send to employees. It is a very easy-to-use and intuitive tool, in addition to having numerous features. Equipped with several resources, it allows us to make the most important communications and all informative folders. It is certainly one of the most versatile tools we use.
  • Content diversity
  • Ease of use of resources
  • Intuitive tool
  • Good user interface
  • Largest number of free designer creation
  • Export the file in PDF format
  • Difficulty overlapping themes of different sizes
The Canva tool is suitable for creating different designs (newsletters, examples of best practices, results, statements), creating collaborator boards, creating personalized invitations and cards, and is an excellent tool to help with personal creativity. If you are going to use the tool to create something with your own image, you may find it difficult to edit the image as this part of the Canva tool is slightly limited in its free version.

Canva saves the day!

I currently use Canva to create graphics for my organization for events, social media, and our annual ad booklet. We had problems with low-quality graphics being made and Canva offers very easy templates that we can use. It is fast and visually appealing. Also, you can share directly to social media from Canva through the publisher and it makes everything easier.
  • Templates of designs
  • Color palette picker
  • Upload to social media right away or schedule
  • Elements could be better
  • The background remover doesn't work too well.
  • Positioning elements is difficult and glitchy sometimes.
Canva is suited for small organizations working or needing social media graphics quickly. It can be used to grow your base and put out information about events in a clean and simple way with templates. It is less appropriate for large-scale organizations that need complex graphics. When you download it, it can be blurry a little bit and the elements are not as expansive as you would like.

Easy to use!

I use Canva to make social media posts, to edit personal photos, and to edit graphics for organizations related to my children's after school activities. Before using Canva I tried using similar Adobe products for graphics and they were way more expensive and not user-friendly. When I discovered Canva it opened up a whole new world of options.
  • Easy to create and edit graphics
  • Would love to be able to edit photos more easily
  • Make it easier to delete a specific area from a graphic or photo
It's perfect for making simple graphics.
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Canva for a variety of purposes—social media stories, social media posts, to design fact sheets, reports, and other functions. What I love about Canva is that it gives those of us without design skills templates and a canvas to work with, and therefore levels the playing field. It also allows us to streamline workflow and reserve our designer's time for bigger projects. It's improved our social media presence and created more consistency and brand alignment in all our materials.
  • Designs that meet specs (Instagram image, social banner photos, etc.).
  • Brand consistency: Especially since we saved our colors etc. within the software.
  • Making designers out of those without traditional design skills.
  • It's hard to find images, etc. to use without a Pro account—you can't sort by the free images. We ended up purchasing the Pro account because we needed access to additional features.
  • The designs are basic. It still helps to have a creative eye so that you can differentiate your products.
  • Sharing designs among team members is slightly cumbersome, but once you figure it out, works well.
We use Canva in multiple aspects of our communications work and its become an invaluable tool for us to use. We share designs among team members and collaborate on projects within the software. Downloading our projects for use on social media, as a PDF, or in whatever format needed is easy in the software. Our designer can also go in and tighten up aspects of our work and move projects to the next phase faster.
March 15, 2022

Poor customer support

I use Canva for marketing materials I recently had 4x6 post cards printed and they did not complete the printing on the back. I have emailed and submitted a complaint four times using their online form for a refund and I have had NO response. So I’m stuck with a bad product and no refund. From my experience, this is poor customer support!
  • Ease of creating product
  • Customer support.
  • Add a phone number for customer support
  • Respond promptly to printing issues
In my opinion, they have bad customer support. I have received No response after sending them FOUR complaints about an error on the printing of post cards that I ordered.
March 10, 2022

I love Canva!

Cecilé de Jager | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love using Canva for all design work. It's so user friendly - all the stock images, templates and features are fantastic value for money. I might be one of the biggest Canva fans on the planet!! Since I started using it, the new features that have been added are great. They stay on top of their market needs.
  • Great selection of templates for any type of design
  • Stock Image library on the pro version is fantastic value for money
  • I love the animations and effects you can use on text and images for presentations
  • Music library is also great for video!
  • I have never needed to contact support myself, but have heard they can improve on that
  • Honestly, I can't find anything which I feel they need to improve
Canva is well suited for someone who is not a qualified graphic designer, with a designer's eye and creative strength in visual communication. It is much cheaper than Adobe, Coral Draw, etc. A great alternative for someone who wants professional looking designs on their social media, etc.
Use it to design marketing materials
  • Design
  • Post to social media
  • Bad customer service
  • Technical bugs
In my experience, BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT + TECHNICAL BUG - I had a problem with connecting Canva PRO account to Facebook and Instagram. I requested help from their customer service, AFTER trying to resolve this issue based on the documentation, which led to an UNEXPECTED error that couldn't be resolved on my end. After contacting the CS, they claim to respond in under 24 hours for PRO users, which has not happened, and only after I have started emailing them and posting on social media on the public view to make them notice my ticket, someone from CS finally emailed me. Do you want to know what they wrote? They wrote that I need to do what I have already done, and mentioned in my ticket, with a screenshot attached, showing that it has been done and that there is an "unexpected error". I responded to this ASAP and I received another guided solution, which had a few steps, one of them was to add a password to an existing account that is currently connected to my Facebook account, because apparently without adding a password you can't disconnect the Facebook account from the Canva account. I feel like that makes no sense, but ok... going forward...I tried to add a password to the account and guess what?! Another unexpected error occurred! Ok, so sh't happens, right? So I've emailed the CS with a SCREENSHOT showing I can't add a password to disconnect the account, and what did she reply to me? OK great now you can disconnect your social account and connect with the other Canva account, disregarding the fact that there is no way to add a password because of an "UNEXPECTED ERROR". Therefore, in my opinion, the CUSTOMER SUPPORT service is very dissatisfying, unprofessional, and I feel makes a very bad experience which makes me lose money because of this! I'm VERY SAD about this.
Augastin K Lazar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva allows you to create stunning posters, social media posts, flyers, and more directly in your browser. It's also so simple to operate that even a toddler could figure it out. We basically provide services and thus concentrate on content creation. All the content for Twitter, Instagram Reels, Posters, Facebook Post, etc are made in Canva. It's user-friendly and is less time-consuming. It's really useful while making Logos. An easy-to-use interface, a variety of free Canva stickers, components, and photographs, as well as gorgeous, completely customizable templates, has made our content creation easier and more customer satisfying. Videos can be easily created and customized and thus it is a really helpful tool for content creation.
  • Templates & Designs: Canva features over 8,000 free templates for over a hundred different design kinds (from social media posts to business cards.) The templates are elegantly designed. Canva Pro and Enterprise customers have access to an additional 100,000 designs as well as a variety of stock pictures, graphics, and videos. A Brand Kit option is included in both the Pro and Enterprise memberships, which lets you build and maintain a visual identity.
  • One-Click Image Resize: If you like a design but want to utilize it in a different format? The Magic Resize tool will help you achieve that. You may scale any design to meet the width and height you require with this premium-only feature.
  • Large varieties of Images Graphics: Canva has a large library of stock images, icons, and videos that can be used for content creation. It has affordable graphic design tools which one can use while making videos and ads.
  • Supports many Formats and Storage: Jpeg, gif, png, pdf, and SVG are all acceptable image formats. You may also submit videos in the following formats: MOV, gif, or MP4. Individual files and total uploads for both videos and photos are limited in size. Can customers with a free plan get up to 5GB of total upload capacity, but premium accounts get up to 100GB. Members of the Enterprise plan get limitless storage.
  • A lot of premium-only features: The image resizes tool is a premium feature. There is a limitation in storage for free signups. And a lot of images, stickers, and videos are pro.
  • Can't create Unique Elements: You can't conjure elements in Canva. These are pre-made designs and design enhancers like lines, frames, icons, shapes, and stickers that you may use in your works. You can only utilize the ones they provide. Colors and sizes can be changed, and they can be rotated and moved about, but that's about it.
  • Photo editing options are limited (Canva seems more design-focused): Canva includes picture editing capabilities, but it lacks the power of programs like Photoshop and can't do heavy-duty stuff.
  • There is a chance of repetition in the popular design templates since a lot of businesses use Canva.
Canva is well suited for 1)Content Creation- Canva's commercial usage of licensed material will assist content producers of all types, from bloggers who want to build their own banners to ebook writers who want to make their own book covers from scratch. 2)Marketing Tools- Canva's simple beginner-friendly style makes it easy for marketing teams with minimal graphic design skills (and limited outsourced budgets) to develop advertising and social media images. 3)Social media posts- Canva allows creating visuals for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and many more platforms. 5)Graphic designs- Without prior training or expertise, entrepreneurs and small company owners may handle their own graphic design (for a cheap price). 6)For making Short videos and Animations and Ad creation.
Iliana Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our marketing department has built a branding my in Canva and created different user teams in our account. Departments like ours, admissions, and others such as Career Services, have their own team accounts. It allows us to remove a constant request for marketing to tackle small projects.
  • User interface is easy to learn.
  • The offering of templates with preset dimensions is great.
  • The Canva community has a Facebook group that is great for questions and feedback.
  • The mobile app is very clunky and has tended to misformat my designs when moving from device to device.
  • The customer service I received when asking about help with the mobile app was prompt but wasn't essentially helpful or beneficial. I received a professionally worded "It is what it is at the moment".
  • For a service that is geared toward social media as one of its main uses, I would expect them to use social media more often, in a variety of different ways, to exemplify its product [insta stories in particular], not just share articles and tutorials but really giving us an authentic glimpse of the people/team at Canva.
  • Webinars. Need webinars.
Social media management, any type of marketing, website management, etc. are all great ways to utilize Canva.

Quick one-off projects from a mobile device isn't great for using Canva.
January 22, 2022

Game Changer

Ginger Clay | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva has changed my business. I am a marketing professional and not a graphic designer but it has allowed me to get my designs out of my head and into a digital format without having to use complicated design software. I am thankful for this tool. It is used every day in my business.
  • Design
  • video
  • any type of graphic design
  • Designing large images - I still have to use Adobe
  • Cannot save files in eps
If you are a marketing professional but not a graphic designer - this is an amazing tool If you are not a marketing professional and need to create design/presentations/graphics - this is an amazing tool If you need ideas for logos, presentations, graphics, etc. - this is an amazing tool
Canva made my life super simple as a content creator and as a marketing team lead in general. After writing blogs for the company website, contributors do not have to wait for designers to create them some graphical content for their blogs. With teaching a few how-tos and taking through a couple of simple tutorials, the contributor now can design their own graphical content exactly the way they imagine. I also create quick social media posts and stories using Canva.
  • Creating blog creatives.
  • Creating social media contents.
  • Managing branding collaterals.
  • Working on designs collaboratively across the team or the organization.
  • They should introduce the concept of layers to give more freedom in designing.
  • They should add more elements in their directory.
  • They should improve the file organization system inside the dashboard.
Canva is well suited for:

1. Small teams.
2. Small business owners.
3. One person agency.
4. Growth hackers.

Canva is not well-suited for:

1. High-end graphical contents
2. Multi-layered complex graphical contents
Kevin McLennan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva was a godsend in helping us bridge gaps in creating social media assets - quick & easy - when we needed professional-looking items, fast!
  • Social media content
  • GIFS & Movies
  • Logo design
  • Sometimes software bugs up and needs to be reloaded
  • Better support and optimization for mobile
Canva is suited towards how experienced the user is and what it's needed for. If you're looking to make quick and easy assets that's great! But if you're looking for more complex designs, it'll help you out too. The more you learn the software the more it'll be able to give you!
December 03, 2021

Canva for the WIN!

We use Canva for social media content creation. Canva is easy to use in the creation of social media graphics custom-designed for the content that we share on our social media platforms. Canva makes creating and designing so much easier than using Adobe.
  • Template Variety
  • Functionality is Easy to Use
  • Professional Designs
  • Offers Variety of Tools
  • Search Term Functionality
  • Photo Searches More Accurate
  • More Elements/Shapes To Use
Canva has become so versatile that you can use it for virtually anything related to graphic design. It allows you to get creative in customizing your content yet also provides thousands of eye-catching templates to work off of and get ideas from. I haven't yet found a time where Canva wasn't suited for something I was specifically trying to do.
We use Canva every day, for official social media publications, party planning, image editing, promo material creation, and printing. I also use it personally for creating fun graphics, postcards, posters, etc.
  • Showing alignment of objects in relation to objects around it (snapping).
  • Printing!
  • Simple for beginners to use.
  • The mobile app is less intuitive to use.
  • The mobile app will sometimes change the layout of the design from how it looks on a desktop.
  • The mobile app doesn't allow downloading one single page from a design.
  • I would love the option of creating a transparent background.
The only thing I can't use Canva for is creating transparent backgrounds. But maybe that's just the free version. The free version has a ton of capabilities and is completely usable. You don't need the pro version to get a LOT out of it.
Rekha Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Marketing Industry understands the value of graphic design. It is both creative and complex at the same time. Create an appealing graphic design that attracts customers is now easier with Canva. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use even by those without any design experience. By having an abundance of available templates, the burden of the user is lessened. He can use the templates or get inspiration for new designs from these templates.
  • Ample of creative templates for Flyers, Posters & Banners.
  • Attractive and User friendly Interface.
  • Regular Updates and supports big Applications Like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
  • Less Cloud Storage In Free plan atleast It should be of 10gb.
  • Animation and vector design is missing.
Canva's mobile compatibility is one of its best features. Our organization uses Canva to create creative ads to promote our client's products as well as our business services. While Canva is well suited to promote through static ads like banners, flyers, and posts, it falls short when it comes to vector design.
Our organisation use Canva to create exciting posters to upload in company social media accounts, pamphlets of the software products. Canva helped me to picturize my ideas into a beautiful image and i could share it with the team.
  • Provides attractive templates according to the user needs
  • A lot of options for Elements, images, text style to style your design for free
  • Able to export the work to PDF or image format in a single click
  • Nothing much to dislikes but It would be nice if canva was more user friendly in mobile web browser, as navigation is bit difficult while designing in mobile phones
Canva is well suited for people who have no or less idea about graphic designing. It makes the work easy and improves our designing skills. Though it is well suited for beginners and easy work, it is not very ideal for logo designing as the elements or pictures have a limit of scalability.
Alex Chaidaroglou | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Canva both in my current position and in my previous jobs for various different reasons. I have used it to create social media posts (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), business cards, cover photos, quick logos etc.

It is primarily being used by the marketing department and sometimes by graphic designers as well.

It really helps solve the problem of needing quick changes to an image or quickly creating creatives from people with no design skills.
  • Create business cards
  • Create social media post images
  • Create social media profile images and logos
  • The Underline button for the text should be next to Bold and Italics
  • I think there is room for improvement in Infographics both from images available and in general usability
  • I'd like to see more free images
Canva is ideal for both big and small businesses as graphic designers' time is usually limited. Any person working in marketing or an SMB owner who wants to quickly create aesthetically appealing images for ads, social media or otherwise can do it quickly.

If you want some nitty-gritty changes to the image or if you have tight specs you would need to use other tools like Photoshop.
I am totally in love with Canva. This tool has been number one in my day-to-day work since 2014. First dealing with my content design, such as infographics, social media posts, blog images, all my graphics, etc, to ebooks, and more recently presentations, reports for clients, and even clients' content at some point.

In the part of the presentations, I'm so happy. I'm able to make presentations even from my mobile. I used to use a presentation app and I am slowly migrating to Canva. Now when I have to show my presentations from another computer to make the presentation, the setup headache is a past thing.

The part I love the most is the time I save using this app.
  • The big library of templates and graphics resources
  • The multiple possibilities and formats
  • Their constant upgrades
  • The brand kit section
  • The content planificator
  • The designs - organizations should be able to actually organize in folders
Canva is suited for:
  • Entrepreneurs that can't pay for a designer
  • Social Media agencies for easy management
  • Content creation such as books, infographics, cards, social images, etc.
  • People that want to manage their personal brand with style but don't know how to design
  • Speakers that need a place where they can manage multiple presentations
Andrea Janda | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Canva for University communications for various events and course advertisements. I also use it to create shared social media materials for an online journal. The ease in design and color selection with the built-in extras for the Brand Kit with logos and color palettes as well as the premium stock make the workflow fluid and intuitive. There's a good variety of beautiful and adjustable templates to start with and work from for inspiration.
  • Easy, intuitive design flow
  • Beautiful, adjustable templates
  • Simple organization via folders for multiple projects
  • The Content Planner is a great addition, though it would be great to have the ability for connecting Canva to more than one Facebook email login since I manage multiple pages and businesses.
Canva is great for flyer design, email campaign components, and social media content creation. It is easy to resize images and text, even entire designs to fit the intended media. Even seasoned design professionals using the Adobe CC Suite may find the simplicity and scalability a nice change to a more stripped-down design panel.
With any business that doesn't have a giant marketing department, or budget, Canva is incredibly valuable and easy to use. It is being used by myself and others at times in the Marketing department and allows us to have high quality, quickly made assets for last minute projects or for small projects that the Design team does not have time to allocate to.
  • user friendly interface
  • multiple high quality layouts
  • easy customizability
  • saving frequently so nothing gets lost
  • Some pretty basic fonts are missing from the database, which proves to be annoying when trying to stay on brand
  • Pre-grouping sections of templates can be a hassle to figure out
  • Creating your own template from scratch can have it's hiccups, but that could be my lack of design experience.
If you have a small team or a small budget, Canva is the wallet-friendly choice to keep everyone on brand and still have some beautiful designs to use. Everyone can see previous designs and make sure that only the Brand Colors and assets are used. The guidance for social posts to be professional and inviting is excellent. Even the free version of Canva is fantastic for small businesses or start ups. If you have a larger business with an actual design team then it may be too rudimentary for you.
Canva has been a really intuitive graphic design software our employees have been able to pick up with extreme ease. Our ad specialists and web developers are able to easily create images without having to use expensive photo editing software, as well as not having to have previous experience with complicated image editing software.
  • Easily create graphics for website banners and images
  • Create professional-looking social media images from our phones
  • Quickly create engaging banner ads
  • Canva is great to create aesthetically pleasing documents, but it can be pretty clunky
  • The ability to easily remove image backgrounds would be a great tool to have so we don't have to upload are images to other free background removing tools.
Canva is really suited for applications that are relatively simple, such as adding CTAs to images or providing quick things needed to post on social media. It's typically not ideal for icon or logo creation or anything that has more complicated requirements. Such as angled cutouts to images or unique font styling.
Pratik Goyani | TrustRadius Reviewer
For the last year, I have been utilizing Canva's Premium Account, which I believe is the simplest tool which does not require prior graphic design expertise. I typically use Canva to create various logos, and also for my project the picture sequence. I am also using Canva for making awesome eye-catching ad creatives for marketing purposes.
  • Easy to use interface
  • 1 Millions+ vectors and elements
  • Thousands of pre made templates
  • Time consumption is very less for making any type of creatives
  • We can make any type of creatives either for Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest or YouTube
  • Vector making and editing
  • Animation video making
[There is] nothing about Canva I don't like. But it [would] be wonderful, if you can also add text to the speech function. If you have any queries about an individual that likes Canva, please feel free to contact me! Canva is my number one go-to service, I have been playing with other premium services and hands down.
Canva is being used by our organization for designing templates, posters, banners and social media posts. It's being used by our department as well as according to needs of people in our organization. Canva has some amazing pre-designed templates which save time as well as you can download your design in any format as well as in any quality.
  • First of all the pre-design template it's having
  • The ease of using the Canva for the beginners
  • The UI of the Canva is was very good.
  • Canva has a problem if you don't have a stable network then it keeps refreshing and sometimes it doesn't save your design.
  • Canva doesn't have good features when you are using a free trial and the paid version is more expensive for beginners.
  • Canva mobile version has half of the features as compared to the web.
Canva is best suited for designing social media posts because it has some pre-designed template where you can edit according to need and create it ASAP, whereas if you want to design large poster where you need large effort then I would you to use another software instead of Canva.
Peggi Wolfe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use our university's Canva account to design flyers and posters for various programs and events that our department is having. Canva is being used primarily by the media departments at the university. I believe it's being used by departments other than ours or Media, but I don't have first-hand knowledge of that. Using Canva for designs addresses the problem of keeping the approved university colors and fonts consistent across all flyers, brochures, newsletters, and other types of digital media created for the university and its programs and events. It really makes it so easy to create documents that will be approved because the correct fonts and colors are being used.
  • Provides readily accessible approved fonts and colors for our university publications.
  • A great selection of templates to select from.
  • Lots of resources for design, like photos, clip art, backgrounds, and other design elements.
  • The ability to share your design with others at the university.
  • The ability to download your design as a png, pdf, jpg, svg, even MP4 video or gif.
  • Easy to edit and alter the design and not lose what you had by creating clones of previous designs and then make the changes.
  • I have a hard time coming up with any improvements, perhaps increase the number of free elements to use in design.
  • Maybe, Canva should check if you start editing a previous document to see if you want to change the current design or create a new one as a clone of the current document (design).
  • I'm sorry, I really can't think of a 3rd. Overall, I really like working in Canva.
Canva is very well suited for designing a number of different publications, such as posters, flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc. It is an easy program to work with and doesn't take very long to become comfortable with the program. As far as scenarios that Canva is less useful, you have to use the elements, such as lines, frames, icons, shapes, and stickers, supplied by Canva. You can't create custom shapes on the fly. You could create a shape in something like PhotoShop and upload it, but you can't create them in Canva. Also, photo editing capabilities are limited in Canva and are best done using PhotoShop or similar digital editing program.