https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/rd/k5/4H8W00AXNR7H.JPEGA simple platform to create beautiful designs for non-professional graphic artistsCanva makes it easy to create beautiful, eye-catching yet simple graphics. It easy to convert graphics into a different size format with all the most common size format already available. It is copy and paste.,Extensive library of pre-set templates and formats. Drag and drop for ease. Variety of styles, fonts, drawing, shapes, and icons. Simple to use.,Limited color to play with for text and background. Can be buggy at times and slow to respond. Could benefit from more templates.,8,Makes graphic design easier. Saves time. Gives plenty of design ideas with the library of templates. Makes it easy and fast to resize images and graphics to multiple formats.,AgoraPulse, ActiveCampaign, LoomBest Graphic Design SoftwareCanva is used for all of our marketing images, business cards, and forms. The marketing images are used for print, online marketing, Wordpress posts/pages, and email campaigns. With Canva, we do not need to employ or contract a graphics designer. It can be accessed online and it is very easy to use.,Creating images Creating marketing pieces Creating digital business cards,10,Reduced costs, we no longer hire a graphics designer Create custom marketing campaigns which has helped build our brand Saves time because it is so easy to use,,Google Analytics, GitHub, GoDaddyOne of the best design tools you'll ever findI use Canva to make PDF presentations, social media images, flyers, and e-book covers for an Architecture company in Kenya.I needed a way to make marketing assets fast, and while Photoshop and Adobe Spark were both good options, Canva was not only the easiest to use and share with others, but the mobile app helped me make designs from my phone or tablet.,PDF Presentations: It is unbelievably difficult to make a decent powerpoint presentation on a phone or tablet. Canva's mobile app and the different presentation templates have helped me prepare presentations for a meeting and speaking events eBook Covers/ebooks: I had to convert several blog posts into a downloadable pdf ebook for visitors as a lead generating asset, and while I usually used Indesign (or MS WORD) and Photoshop to create the ebook and ebook cover, I decided to check out Canva's ebook cover template and discovered that I could create a simple yet stylish ebook cover, and if I added other pages I could paste the content of the blog post and create the book in Canva. Social Media Images: 80% of the time when I use Canva it's to make social media images, cover/header images for Facebook and Twitter. The Instagram story template also works for branded WhatsApps statuses.,I really dislike how sometimes my work isn't automatically saved for some reason, and I'm prompted to reload the design and the past second's work is just gone. I've not experienced this on their android app, but it happens to me at least once every two weeks on the online/desktop site. The Undo/Redo option is glitchy sometimes, and after I accidentally or otherwise delete an element when I try to undo it, sometimes it doesn't come back. Even worse, if I click undo twice I might end up losing a lot of my design progress which the redo option for some reason cannot restore.,10,Increased engagement on social media posts with images created with Canva, which has especially translated into sales queries on Facebook. Our PDF ebooks have ended up being a great conversation starter with potential clients.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CCCanva is a great free ad generating softwareCanva is used for creating social media marketing material for small campaigns. The problem is that there are very few free programs that allow startups to create good flyer-like ads for social media. This is being used in the marketing department of the company and they love the product so far. There are a lot of customizations even with the free version.,Canva is very user-friendly because it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out. Canva does not have a long setup process which is good for someone who wants to test it out.,There are limitations for the free version and the bill can add up if you want to used the paid options. Canva needs to have more functionality in terms of editing portions like selecting unusual shapes of an image to crop.,8,Canva has had a positive ROI because it has produced some results while costing nothing.,Adobe Photoshop,SOLIDWORKSCanva - User Friendly and Easy to LearnOur department uses Canva to create social media marketing across over various online platforms. We use it to customize our posts and it is a standard product that we all use and we train our graduate students to use. We often submit requests for content to our communications department but this takes time and we have little to no creative say in the design process. Canva allows us to be creative!,User friendly. Great templates for marketing, promotion, and design. Anyone can learn to use it quickly.,More free content. More fonts, we follow a style guide and need specific fonts for dept promotions. More tools for words, curves would be nice!,10,Helps us turn projects around quickly. Helps us promote and have more reach. Helps us better reach out target audience.,Venngage,Venngage, Prezi
Canva

Canva Reviews

Canva
Filter 179 vetted Canva reviews and ratings

Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching profile photo
January 16, 2019

Canva Review: "A simple platform to create beautiful designs for non-professional graphic artists"

• Extensive library of pre-set templates and formats.
  • Drag and drop for ease.
  • Variety of styles, fonts, drawing, shapes, and icons.
  • Simple to use.
  • Limited color to play with for text and background.
  • Can be buggy at times and slow to respond.
  • Could benefit from more templates.
Useful for creating graphics for social media banners (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram), Facebook Ads, YouTube video thumbnails and marketing collateral.
Read Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
January 01, 2019

Canva Review: "Best Graphic Design Software"

• Creating images
  • Creating marketing pieces
  • Creating digital business cards
Designing images for marketing pieces, like flyers and posters
Designing graphics for websites and email campaigns
Designing digital business cards
Designing business forms and resumes
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Abigail Nwaocha profile photo
December 21, 2018

Canva Review: "One of the best design tools you'll ever find"

• PDF Presentations: It is unbelievably difficult to make a decent powerpoint presentation on a phone or tablet. Canva's mobile app and the different presentation templates have helped me prepare presentations for a meeting and speaking events
  • eBook Covers/ebooks: I had to convert several blog posts into a downloadable pdf ebook for visitors as a lead generating asset, and while I usually used Indesign (or MS WORD) and Photoshop to create the ebook and ebook cover, I decided to check out Canva's ebook cover template and discovered that I could create a simple yet stylish ebook cover, and if I added other pages I could paste the content of the blog post and create the book in Canva.
  • Social Media Images: 80% of the time when I use Canva it's to make social media images, cover/header images for Facebook and Twitter. The Instagram story template also works for branded WhatsApps statuses.
  • I really dislike how sometimes my work isn't automatically saved for some reason, and I'm prompted to reload the design and the past second's work is just gone. I've not experienced this on their android app, but it happens to me at least once every two weeks on the online/desktop site.
  • The Undo/Redo option is glitchy sometimes, and after I accidentally or otherwise delete an element when I try to undo it, sometimes it doesn't come back. Even worse, if I click undo twice I might end up losing a lot of my design progress which the redo option for some reason cannot restore.
Not everyone is great with making designs on Photoshop-- Canva can be used to make almost any design, be it a presentation, flyer, logo (their logo design options are painfully limited but it's a good start), social media images, infographics etc. The best part about Canva is that not only does it work for businesses of all sizes, or personal projects, but it's very easy to use and the interface is friendly.
Read Abigail Nwaocha's full review
Daniel Choi profile photo
December 07, 2018

"Canva is a great free ad generating software"

• Canva is very user-friendly because it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out.
  • Canva does not have a long setup process which is good for someone who wants to test it out.
  • There are limitations for the free version and the bill can add up if you want to used the paid options.
  • Canva needs to have more functionality in terms of editing portions like selecting unusual shapes of an image to crop.
Canva is well suited for beginner marketing personnel with a limited budget. Canva is not suited for a large corporation that has money to hire graphic designers. Photoshop and Illustrator should be used instead.
Read Daniel Choi's full review
Sami Sonkowsky M.S.Ed profile photo
August 06, 2018

Review: "Canva - User Friendly and Easy to Learn"

• User friendly.
  • Great templates for marketing, promotion, and design.
  • Anyone can learn to use it quickly.
  • More free content.
  • More fonts, we follow a style guide and need specific fonts for dept promotions.
  • More tools for words, curves would be nice!
Perfect for self-starters and those who want an easy outlet to be creative! Great for quick, professional-looking turn around for marketing, promotion, print, and digital media.
Read Sami Sonkowsky M.S.Ed's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
November 12, 2018

Review: "Canva: the perfect solution for social media shares."

I run a small online 3D printing service. Canva is used by only me. It solves my start-up's social media campaign design problems. Canva is an easy online tool to use. You can create leaflets, posters, business cards, banners, and other cool things with Canva. It is then very easy to share them online social media platforms. Or you could save them on your device. Canva has ready stencils or designs which are useful for projects.
  • Quick to produce social media content
  • You can use it on the cloud. No need for downloading software.
  • Canva has the ability to create content for different social media platforms. For example, you could create posts just fit for Instagram in square format.
  • You could write an e-book with Canva.
  • Canva's mobile app has more design restrictions than the browser app. It is a little bit hard to use on mobile devices.
  • Templates section could be broadened to other new business areas, like 3D printing.
  • Direct social media sharing options within Canva are limited to Facebook and Twitter. There should be other media options such as Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Canva is ideal for all kinds of businesses. But it fits perfectly for a new start-up company. I love that it's free. Of course, Canva has paid areas but for a first-time user, there's no need to pay. Canva has a developing interface. There have been a number of feature additions to it within the last year. Canva has limited photo editing tools, though. Thus, you might need another software to edit your photos.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
Jason Glogau profile photo
October 18, 2018

Canva Review: "Easy-to-use design tool for social media pros & non-designers"

I use Canva myself for smaller design projects, mostly for social media applications. We're a small team, so efficiencies are key. I'm able to quickly create graphics that don't require elaborate work in InDesign from our expert designers. It is also a great tool for cropping images to the right dimensions for social media, and laying in our logo for branding purposes.
  • Canva's templates can be a huge time saver for creating graphics. I especially find these helpful when creating motivational quotes or holiday-themed images for social media.
  • Canva offers several export options, so whether you need a PNG or a PDF, for digital or for print, you've got it available.
  • Included with Canva is a library of stock photos and graphics that are free to use, and additional images that can be purchased. It's a mixed bag, but it's nice to have some assets easily available.
  • Canva allows you to save your brand's colors for easy application on future projects!
  • Canva has a lot of preset sizes for different applications, but I think they could do a better job of implementing all the proper social media sizes (though who can keep up with them?!)
  • A lot of features require a paid plan. Perfectly fine, but may not always fit for all users. This is hardly a criticism, but just something to be aware of based upon your needs.
Canva is an incredible tool for anyone who needs to create graphics, but don't need elaborate work done in the Adobe Creative Suite. Social media graphics, posters, blog images, etc. -- great application, especially if you aren't a graphic designer by day!

I don't think I'd use Canva for making multi-page brochures/booklets and really high-end products, but it wouldn't surprise me if Canva could handle that, too.
Read Jason Glogau's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
October 18, 2018

Canva Review: "Start Designing Today"

Canva is being used by our marketing department. Our marketing department uses Canva to create our weekly newsletter, promotional flyers, and company proposals. Canva allows our marketing team to develop marketing materials quickly and with a professional design. Because of its ease of use, our marketing team is able to push out content at a much faster pace.
  • Canva is very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Canva offers a wide range of pre-loaded design templates that can easily be customized to fit your organization or provide inspiration for your own designs.
  • Canva does not require any graphic design skills or knowledge of design programs.
  • For graphic designers, Canva cannot replace Photoshop or InDesign. In fact, most graphic designers would probably find Canva too basic.
  • Now that our team has used the program so much, I can always tell when materials have been designed in Canva. They seem to have a pretty similar look and design.
  • It would be nice if more design templates were constantly being uploaded.
Canva is perfect for those who want to create infographics, charts, marketing materials, etc but do not have any experience with graphic design. The program is designed to help create materials and content quickly. For that purpose, it does a great job, but the program cannot replace a true graphic designer. When my team really needs a truly professional designed item, we will turn to our graphic designer first.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Ben Rubenstein profile photo
August 30, 2018

Canva Review: "A time-saving tool for design novices"

We use Canva to create quick graphics for social media - both as a replacement tool for more intensive design in Photoshop, and also as a testing ground for images to see what will work in the various formats. It's helpful in saving time going back and forth with design, and saves some of the learning curve of more complicated design tools.
  • Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent.
  • Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards.
  • Quick and easy creation and download process.
  • Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared.
  • It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly.
  • Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.
Canva is great if you don't have a dedicated designer on your team, or need to create images quickly outside of a typical design process. It's also useful for organizations that have many users that need to create brand-compliant images. It doesn't take much training to get up and running.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
Sarah Roscoe profile photo
December 22, 2018

Canva Review: "Easily Create Professonal Graphics"

We use Canva as a way to create professional looking marketing materials. We are using the non-profit version which Canva kindly provides to non-profits.
  • Tons of templates
  • Unlimited options for creativity
  • It would be nice if there were different file size options or a file size reducer
Canva is great for making social media materials and website/email banners. It is a simple and easy to use product.
Read Sarah Roscoe's full review
William Laurienti profile photo
August 28, 2018

Review: "Canva: Pretty pretty and pretty simple."

I have used Canva to build infographics and to put together a case study packet for a client. I don't use it all the time-- it lends itself to specific types of project. I use it like you might use MS Publisher (only Canva's learning curve is easier on my back).
  • Canva makes it very easy to change your mind about what goes where.
  • Canva's chart/graph tool is decent for basic data representation.
  • Cava's palette tool is useful for replicating brand colors around a document. You just take the hex code from your brand documents and drop them in to create a palette.
  • Canva, as a tool that seems to lend itself to information representation, doesn't have any means for managing and representing more complex data relationships. I found myself making charts in Google Sheets, exporting the charts as .png files, and uploading them to Canva.
Canva is great for presenting graphic information. It has tons and tons of templates and access to free and paid graphics. It's also great for making hero images for social posts. It makes beautiful images, and it's super easy to use.
Read William Laurienti's full review
Lisbeth Tanz profile photo
August 22, 2018

Review: "Canva Gives Professional Results at a Fraction of the Cost!"

I've used Canva to create headers for social media, posters for bands, logos from products, thank you cards for clients, and an ebook. For me, Canva offers simplicity when designing pieces like this. I'm not a graphic designer and I can't afford to hire one when the need arises most of the time. Canva provides drop-dead easy solutions to my designing problems.
  • If you're a monthly subscriber, you have access to TONS of images, photographs, and fonts. They usually have something that works for whatever you're designing.
  • They also provide a large number of predesigned templates. All you have to do is erase the wording you don't want and put in what you do want. It couldn't be easier!
  • Canva also allows for cross-team functionality. I didn't need this, but I can see how it would reduce turnaround time for a project.
  • A negative is a monthly cost. As a solopreneur, $12.95 per month is a steep cost for something I don't use every month. I wish they had something else between $0 and $12.95.
  • I had a hard time keeping track of the money I paid upfront for images. (For example, I paid $10 upfront to take care of the $1 image cost for premium images.) I wasn't always sure I was getting credit because it seemed like I was paying anyway.
Canva is well-suited for any situation that needs a well-designed, professional result. I used Canva to create logos for products I was marketing, which was a lot simpler than finding a designer. I also created an ebook using an ebook template. It looked professional and was very easy to use. I also liked that I could get a transparent background on my images, although I believe that's only with the paid version.
Read Lisbeth Tanz's full review
Desirée zambrano profile photo
November 12, 2018

Canva Review: "Great results and user friendly"

We use Canva to design the images of the different products we produce, and the presentations for these products--from enhancing the look of the product, to designing the label, even to posts on Instagram or other websites. It's used just in our department, since we're in charge of the promotion and marketing of these products.
  • It's very easy to use, so if you want to get beautiful results but find other design tools too complicated, Canva is perfect. You can design almost anything on Canva in a few easy steps
  • You can get beautiful designs using the free version
  • It allows you to upload images of your preference
  • It has a lot of different resources for different types of content
  • While its monthly subscription isn't overly expensive, some of the content is overpriced (images, icons, and such.)
  • Getting the design size right can be very time-consuming.
  • A lot of paid template options appear, and finding the free templates takes some searching.
If you're starting to work on Digital Marketing but are not an expert in Photoshop, Canva is the perfect choice. You get beautiful results without too much hassle. If you need to do an amazing design but are short on time, Canva can help you with that. Canva is a perfect tool to use for people who have few design skills, but if you're looking to get super professional results, Canva is not for you.
Read Desirée zambrano's full review
October 18, 2018

Review: "My experience with Canva both professionally and on a personal level"

I use Canva for both my professional and personal projects. I use it to design social media posts, cover photos, report pages, and cover and even for my printables. When working with multiple clients, Canva allows us to create templates and reuse them without the need to have Photoshop installed, and since it's on the cloud, it was easy to work from different stations, collaborate with other team members and best of all, make changes from my living room when the client decides to send feedback at 9 pm on the weekend.

I also used Canva to create reports and report covers for both management and clients. I can't tell you how impressed they were with the how elegant and clean the designs looked.

On a personal level, I created a few ebooks easily with Canva. After watching a few tutorials on Youtube and trying it out, I realized how easy and simple it was and got hooked ever since. I've also created my personal C.V. and a few of my family's and friends' C.V.s through Canva. The wide variety of elegantly designed resumes allowed me to turn those old word boring C.V.s into vibrant looking ones, allowing those potential candidates to look professional.
  • Ease of use
  • A wide variety of templates (both free and paid)
  • Can be used to execute many different jobs (social media post design, cover design, ebooks creation, reports drafting, and much more)
  • Saves brand colors and templates for reuse
  • Good for light work, but doesn't replace Photoshop and Illustrator for complex jobs
  • The platform is fully online, so working on a weak internet connection can be tiring (if the connection is lost, Canva doesn't save your work)
  • Working on long reports or ebooks can cause the tab to eat a lot of RAM or even glitch.
Good for:
  • Light jobs when you want to create quick social media posts.
  • Book or report covers
  • I've created full small ebooks with it (up to 20 pages)
  • C.V.s and resumes are also some of my favorite things to create on Canva
If you do a lot of simple design work and change stations, Canva is the perfect platform for you. I did pay for some of Canva's premium images and designs to add spice and to make sure I stand out from some of my competitors, some of whom I realized are stealing/copying my social media post designs.
September 28, 2018

Canva Review: "Great Software For Quick and Easy Designs"

We used Canva across the marketing department. The social media person didn't always have time to wait on a graphic from me so she was able to use Canva to actually create quick little social media graphics for the Twitter and Facebook feeds. I was able to use Canva to create super quick flyers if I had an insane time deadline and just needed something quick and decent looking.
  • I love all of the templates that are readily available and you can work from fast. If you need a layout for a flyer, you hit the button for flyer and then there are 100 options that you can select from and use. They have it so you can narrow down by focus like real estate or food, etc.
  • It's extremely easy to upload your own graphics into the system for use. Literally, you can drag them straight into the design and it will automatically start uploading them for you or you can hit the plus button in the elements area.
  • I have also used Canva on the professional side and actual set up a brand through their software. I was able to create palettes and upload the correct colors using hex codes as well as upload my fonts. This made it easy to keep brand consistancy when working on different projects within Canva.
  • One of the major flaws is when you go to select multiple items that are layered to move or work with. They have an odd way of grouping them. Also, it is very difficult to select an object on a sub layer to move without moving everything on top of it.
  • Second issue has to do with printing the pdf files. I have had my alignment in the piece go completely wonky when it printed and there was not an easy way to fix the issue.
  • The templates that list a monetary number are confusing - it seems like you would have to pay to use the template but in reality the cost is actually for the stock photo they are using in the template. If you replace the stock photo, the template is free.
I think it's great for marketing teams in general that have a need for different people to be able to create graphics quickly. The amount of templates is staggering and the usability ease is fantastic. Add to that the cost was very low for what they are providing. It would be less appropriate if you need to create more complex graphics. For instance a booklet, a wall wrap, or a presentation. For those types of things, you need actual graphics programs.
January 02, 2019

User Review: "Canva Makes Anyone an Art Director"

Canva is being used by my marketing department to help offset the time and money it would cost to involve our creative department for smaller graphic design needs. This includes images for blogs, presentation designs, posters, flyers and generally the bulk of all our internal needs. By using this affordable tool, we can move fast on our own without including other departments.
  • Quickly design without Adobe experience.
  • Use smart, creative templates to speed up the process.
  • Choose from a variety of images and fonts.
  • Unless you purchase Canva for Work, it is limited on free images.
  • Would be nice to create transparent backgrounds in the free version.
  • Not the easiest to layer images on top of images.
For the price (especially the free version), there is no design platform that I have encountered that can rival the ease and professional look of Canva. It is perfect for small teams looking to make a big impact, but it may be too cookie cutter for bigger teams that are looking for a unique design that can't be found anywhere else.
December 27, 2018

Review: "Canva is a great option for beginner graphic designers!"

Canva is primarily used within the Communications Department of our organization to create graphics for flyers and social media. It's really helped bridge the gap of making content for our social media while also not having anyone in the office who technically does that job (we have no graphic designers on staff). Canva has helped us come up with quality content by allowing collaboration on the wording and design of templates through the software options, so it allows a lot of teamwork throughout the department.
  • Ease of use.
  • Variety of options (photos, shapes, lines, etc).
  • Options for downloading.
  • Possibility of collaboration.
  • Pre-made templates.
  • Paid elements of Canva intermixed with free elements.
  • Structure of the application sometimes inhibits creativity.
  • Use of "teams" makes finding your designs difficult sometimes.
Canva is an excellent software for beginner graphics. Due to the lack of complication, it's really easy for people who have never done graphics before to jump right into Canva and start creating designs. However, for individuals more experienced in the graphics abilities, it would definitely be frustrating. The application is very structured, and this lack of freedom may be irritating to someone who got their degree performing this type of work. In addition, in very professional environments, these designs can have an element of being "Canva-esque" and therefore may want to be avoided (essentially, people know you didn't spend money to create the design).
August 27, 2018

Review: "Canva: Quickly create professional looking designs with little to no experience"

We use Canva across our development/fundraising department to quickly and easily design cards and invitations to special events. The platform allows a variety of users with any level of design experience to quickly create professional looking event collateral. There is very little training needed, and the software guides users through the design process with on-screen tips, guidelines, and tons of great looking templates. This allows us to create our design materials in-house without hiring additional graphic design staff or costly consultants.
  • Design professional-looking postcards and flyers using a wide selection of adaptable templates.
  • Create print-ready brochures, flyers, and presentations with high quality graphics with little or no graphic design experience.
  • On-screen tips guide you through the design process, so literally anyone can log onto the system and initiate or complete a design.
  • There is very little I would do to improve Canva, as the platform seems to regularly update itself with new content and features. My primary area of improvement would be the the pricing model, which is subscription-based. I understand this is the new way that most software is moving, and it makes sense given the regular updates and new content being added; nevertheless, from a business standpoint (and this isn't necessarily a problem unique to Canva!), while monthly subscriptions make software affordable from a cash basis, over the long run it feels like you pay just as much as you would to buy a professional software off the shelf.
Well suited: We use this platform most frequently to quickly design electronic invitation cards to a monthly cocktails event. The files export easily, allowing us to import into PaperlessPost for our event emailing and RSVP tracking. This is a very powerful combo if you host a lot of special events on a regular basis.

Not so well-suited: For text heavy designs you may consider another platform, as copy/pasting text and maintaining or universally changing text format can be challenging. Think of this as a graphic design program with some text features, mostly to design sales collateral and you will be very happy; just don't try to use it to create a book or a very long, text-heavy annual report.
November 21, 2018

Canva Review: "Start Designing Right Away"

Our marketing department uses Canva to create content for our newsletters, blog, and events. Canva allows our marketing team to quickly produce original content and get marketing materials out to our fundraisers in a timely manner. Without Canva, our organization would need to hire more designers or outsource some of our marketing efforts to a third party.
  • Canva has many different saved templates for a whole host of uses including newsletters, presentations, banners, and brochures.
  • Canva's drag and drop design tool helps novices create and develop content for our organization.
  • Canva has a useful feature that allows any created content to be ready for print.
  • Canva is easy to pick up and start using, but it takes a while to understand all of its features.
  • Canva is meant to be used for novice designers, not professional graphic designers. For professional graphic designers, its features and capabilities may seem too basic.
  • The charts and graph functions are a bit limited as users cannot input own data and there are not many options for customization.
Canva is a wonderful software for making quick, professional-looking designs. The software allows even beginner designers to start creating with little to no training. The drag and drop design features are intuitive and easy to learn. However, for projects that require more complex and customized designs, Canva is not the best fit.

"Canva Review"

Canva is being used to create advertisements for upcoming events. For example, if we want to post flyers up Canva is a great way to get your creativity out there. Another good feature that Canva has is being able to send out the work you've created. An example of this could be not wanting to waste paper, and spreading the word to a large number of people. In my personal experience Canva is being used within a department. It solves the business problems of creativity, and getting the word out in a unique and eco-friendly way.
  • Organization - Canva is super user-friendly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to navigate through it and it allows for easy use from the customer. It's definitely a strength because similar products will be more complex and require you to have a better understanding of design techniques.
  • Variety - Canva has an extensive selection of different templates to use, as well as objects to create templates that are great for whatever you need.
  • Options - Canva gives you options for what you are looking to do. For example, it is not only a great site to create ads or advertisements for. It is also useful for other things such as photo editing.
  • Collaboration - There is not a way that you can collaborate with others from within. It would be cool if they created a feature to do that.
  • Price vs. quality - What you pay for is what you get. If you are using the free version there are some limitations that can't let you get as creative as you want to.
  • A good idea could be a have a likes and dislikes system where people can either like what you're doing, and maybe have a place to leave notes.
From personal experience, Canva is greatly suited for scenarios where you have to make some sort of advertisement or get the word out. For example, let's say there is a speaker coming to your job site and you want to have a big turn out, Canva can help create a cool and attractive flyer for you to send out. A less appropriate scenario would be to get RSVPs.
September 14, 2018

Canva Review: "Easily creating graphics for all social media"

By and large, we've possessed the capacity to streamline and center our plan spending plan - coordinating the heft of our financial plan toward "enormous detonation" things that require a planner and having the capacity to diminish the sum spent on everyday little outline needs that surface all the time.

Also, the turnaround time to get promotion pieces out via web-based networking media has been abbreviated. Canva has empowered our Communications Coordinator to make brisk designs when required, as we in some cases need to react to current occasions via web-based networking media with an erratic and fast turnaround time. What's more, it has empowered other staff (such as myself) to make pictures for our promotion needs to then pass on to our Communications Coordinator which abbreviates the work process also.

• In a couple of snaps, you can plan a huge number of illustrations for use in promoting/publicizing through web-based social networking or print.
  • You are not constrained by the pictures provided - you can transfer your own to control.
  • I utilize the expert variant (paid) which likewise furnishes me with sharing abilities, marking, transfer your own particular text styles and different advantages.
  • I adore having the capacity to make an outline and resize it for various web-based social networking stages.
  • Simple to utilize formats and change or make your own particular plans.
  • Bunches of textual styles.
  • Great instructional exercises on the best way to utilize distinctive highlights
  • That a portion of the photograph correcting instruments is restricted.
  • A few assets are paid, despite the fact that they are not costly.
  • Furthermore, there are no lines or aides that enable us to know with conviction that our plan is focused and balanced with whatever remains of the undertaking.
Before you begin influencing a plan, have a thought of what you need. Now and then you could go in and tumble to the suasions of its delightful formats. Try not to be hesitant to blend and match components from different formats either. Make a point to have a decent eye for shading, Canva encourages you some in such manner yet not all that much, so you require stylish taste yourself.
September 19, 2018

Canva Review: "Great product for small, agile teams"

We are using Canva across our marketing team to help build out our social media assets. It has allowed us to quickly develop and roll out imagery without the need for investing and training for other products that are more complicated to use. Because it's cloud-based, it's also made our collaboration process much smoother to facilitate.
  • Intuitive interface
  • Toolset is powerful enough to drive the design process without being overwhelming
  • Availability of multiple formats ensure we can use the tool for different applications
  • Ongoing improvement to collaboration tools
  • Better support for ad formats
Canva is best suited to smaller teams that do not have staff dedicated to the development and design of creative assets. It lends itself well to smaller, cross-functional teams that need to be responsive to a need, and produce high-quality materials without the use of tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.

Outside of this context, the tool would still provide value, but would likely not deliver the desired outcomes to the same level as a professional grade tool.
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
June 28, 2018

"A Small Business Owner's Thoughts on Canva - An honest review"

We use Canva for quick on the fly designs, when we need to test a new idea or draw inspiration. We have found that while it is not a full-fledged design tool, everyone from professionals to beginners can use it and it is cost effective. It is mainly used by our marketing department and allows us to effectively design consistent branding images for our various platforms including print and online media.
  • The ability to save designs online automatically and share those designs with other team members is invaluable to us
  • The drag and drop functionality is very useful for quickly adding images or elements to a design that are not already available in the Canva platform
  • The mobile apps for various platforms allow us to see designs on the go and edit or change any designs
  • The branding option is great because we can use our own custom font and colors for different designs. Being able to duplicate and add our branding to different designs is a lifesaver
  • There are more templates and search functionality on the mobile apps than on the website. This is rather odd and makes the product a bit confusing to use. We sometimes have to find a design idea on the app then save it and use it on the web app. Would be easier if the ability to find designs was just baked into both web and mobile apps.
  • While it is a versatile design tool, Canva does not allow you to import just any fonts. Our team has had to find other workarounds to use the library of fonts we have as they cannot be imported into Canva, despite the functionality being advertised.
  • Being unable to import or export vectors or design files lets Canva down. As a tool that can be used by almost anyone, it needs some advanced features for professional designers. If we could export designs with layers or import them it would really make our workflow much easier.
Canva is best suited for anyone looking for a quick online design tool. Social media managers and web designers can benefit a lot from it. As well as small business owners who may not have money to hire a designer. For medium-size business and Enterprises, there are more advanced tools that can fill in the gap. We have found that Canva is a good alternative tool to Adobe's suite of products for quick design and also cost. However, for teams larger than 10 users, you may want to consider other alternatives.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Tadej Lorber profile photo
March 30, 2018

User Review: "Why Canva rocks"

Canva is used for:
Making quick sketches for projects presentations for clients and in-house reporting and projects.
Free e-books for lead generation - this is particularly important for me because we had a lot of content that was up to date but the presentation was a mess since we use Canva we can make beautiful designed short ebooks that appeal visitors to become leads.
FB covers and other social media images
Great for importing own images and turning them into an add or a post.
  • Making content marketing posts for social media
  • Making and design ebooks
  • Great for web presentations
  • Making beautiful designed images for adds
  • Making a presentation not only for web but so we could use presentations like PowerPoint
  • More of free designs
  • Making hex color presets that are your favorite colors or make your own color palette
- Designing images for social media such as posts, ads images for the cover photo
- Designing ebooks and making them your lead generation tool
- Great for presentations
- Making your design better
- It has an online tool that you can access anywhere

It lacks tools for image editing
It lacks a solution to make your presentation turn into a desktop solution like powerpoint
Read Tadej Lorber's full review
Ankur Sharma profile photo
March 23, 2018

Canva Review: "Helps You Design Like A Pro!"

Canva basically is a completely DIY designing tool for people with beginner to intermediate level of designing skill. At my current organization, and all the ones I've worked previously at, Canva is mostly used by the Marketing department, in functions such as marketing design to solve a number of low-level design requirements.

In my personal experience with Canva, I have been able to design end-to-end Marketing Collaterals, even though I did not have a design background. The product equipped me with the requisite know-how of how to learn better every day. All in all, Canva is a phenomenal tool for novices to learn and execute basic to slightly in-depth designs.
  • Vast repository of templates, images, icons and other design related elements available free of cost which makes Canva a pretty comprehensive tool. During any part of your work, you won't have to switch to other alternatives to get additional stuff.
  • Option to collaborate on a design with your team on the fly is quite robust and works like a charm. You can simply share the file you're working on with your teammates and they can even work on it from their mobile devices. Now, how cool is that?
  • The academy that they've built to support the product adoption is phenomenal. Anyone and I mean it when I use the word, anyone, can go about learning how to design with Canva in under 3 hours.
  • Some of the in-app purchases are priced extortionately for some reason, couldn't really ever understand why. If this could be paid attention to by the team, that'd be really great,
  • There are quite a few bugs which pop out of the blue at ungodly scenarios. Although rare, it is something you don't expect from a world-class product like Canva.
When you are to create a design on time sensitive deadlines, it's a breeze. You will love how easy to use it is.

When you want to create a design which should look like it's been designed by a full-time designer, it quite isn't. Horses for courses.

I hope you get the gist.
Read Ankur Sharma's full review

About Canva

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).