https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/rd/k5/4H8W00AXNR7H.JPEGCanva - User Friendly and Easy to LearnOur department uses Canva to create social media marketing across over various online platforms. We use it to customize our posts and it is a standard product that we all use and we train our graduate students to use. We often submit requests for content to our communications department but this takes time and we have little to no creative say in the design process. Canva allows us to be creative!,User friendly. Great templates for marketing, promotion, and design. Anyone can learn to use it quickly.,More free content. More fonts, we follow a style guide and need specific fonts for dept promotions. More tools for words, curves would be nice!,10,Helps us turn projects around quickly. Helps us promote and have more reach. Helps us better reach out target audience.,Venngage,Venngage, PreziA Small Business Owner's Thoughts on Canva - An honest reviewWe use Canva for quick on the fly designs, when we need to test a new idea or draw inspiration. We have found that while it is not a full-fledged design tool, everyone from professionals to beginners can use it and it is cost effective. It is mainly used by our marketing department and allows us to effectively design consistent branding images for our various platforms including print and online media.,The ability to save designs online automatically and share those designs with other team members is invaluable to us The drag and drop functionality is very useful for quickly adding images or elements to a design that are not already available in the Canva platform The mobile apps for various platforms allow us to see designs on the go and edit or change any designs The branding option is great because we can use our own custom font and colors for different designs. Being able to duplicate and add our branding to different designs is a lifesaver,There are more templates and search functionality on the mobile apps than on the website. This is rather odd and makes the product a bit confusing to use. We sometimes have to find a design idea on the app then save it and use it on the web app. Would be easier if the ability to find designs was just baked into both web and mobile apps. While it is a versatile design tool, Canva does not allow you to import just any fonts. Our team has had to find other workarounds to use the library of fonts we have as they cannot be imported into Canva, despite the functionality being advertised. Being unable to import or export vectors or design files lets Canva down. As a tool that can be used by almost anyone, it needs some advanced features for professional designers. If we could export designs with layers or import them it would really make our workflow much easier.,7,Canva has allowed us to increase our productivity by 30%, we are now able to turn around designs and marketing campaigns in a shorter time as we can quickly access designs and ideas across the team in Canva. Customers love the design language approach we have taken and we are in the process of adding more users to our Canva accounts. We have been able to find a uniform design language that everyone agrees with and is used for all our marketing and communication. This in itself has helped us position our brand better in the marketplace. Our initial goal with Canva was to have an alternative tool to Adobe's suite and Canva has been that for us, albeit with some adjustments. We have been able to save a significant amount of money on the monthly costs, $13 a month per user vs almost $55 a month for other tools,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Illustrator CC, Zendesk, Adobe PhotoshopA time-saving tool for design novicesWe use Canva to create quick graphics for social media - both as a replacement tool for more intensive design in Photoshop, and also as a testing ground for images to see what will work in the various formats. It's helpful in saving time going back and forth with design, and saves some of the learning curve of more complicated design tools.,Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent. Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards. Quick and easy creation and download process.,Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared. It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly. Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.,8,The time saved has been very nice for me - and for our overburdened design team. The ability to develop more social media images allows for creation of more social media posts, meaning more visibility for my organization. It's had a hand in changing people's perspectives about design, which is less tangible but important for addressing marketing needs.,Adobe Photoshop,Skype, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Google Search ConsoleCanva: Pretty pretty and pretty simple.I have used Canva to build infographics and to put together a case study packet for a client. I don't use it all the time-- it lends itself to specific types of project. I use it like you might use MS Publisher (only Canva's learning curve is easier on my back).,Canva makes it very easy to change your mind about what goes where. Canva's chart/graph tool is decent for basic data representation. Cava's palette tool is useful for replicating brand colors around a document. You just take the hex code from your brand documents and drop them in to create a palette.,Canva, as a tool that seems to lend itself to information representation, doesn't have any means for managing and representing more complex data relationships. I found myself making charts in Google Sheets, exporting the charts as .png files, and uploading them to Canva.,8,Canva makes BIG files. It may be that I didn't understand how to do otherwise, but that nearly cost me when I was trying to rush a job to the print shop for a client (hadn't realize it wouldn't send by email until I got there and it hadn't shown up). It would be great if there were ways to compress files inside the program rather than seeking another solution. That said, I was in a hurry and should've seen that the file was pretty big. Overall, though, clients have been happy with what I make for them in Canva-- and it's a lot faster than building from scratch in Gimp or Adobe. I'm not a designer.,,Google Forms, HubSpot CRMCanva Gives Professional Results at a Fraction of the Cost!I've used Canva to create headers for social media, posters for bands, logos from products, thank you cards for clients, and an ebook. For me, Canva offers simplicity when designing pieces like this. I'm not a graphic designer and I can't afford to hire one when the need arises most of the time. Canva provides drop-dead easy solutions to my designing problems.,If you're a monthly subscriber, you have access to TONS of images, photographs, and fonts. They usually have something that works for whatever you're designing. They also provide a large number of predesigned templates. All you have to do is erase the wording you don't want and put in what you do want. It couldn't be easier! Canva also allows for cross-team functionality. I didn't need this, but I can see how it would reduce turnaround time for a project.,A negative is a monthly cost. As a solopreneur, $12.95 per month is a steep cost for something I don't use every month. I wish they had something else between $0 and $12.95. I had a hard time keeping track of the money I paid upfront for images. (For example, I paid $10 upfront to take care of the $1 image cost for premium images.) I wasn't always sure I was getting credit because it seemed like I was paying anyway.,10,I'm always complimented on how professional my work looks! The bands I design for love that their gig posters don't look like they were created in Word or Publisher. They feel Canva makes them look like they're serious about their business. Bar owners have also commented on how nice the posters look. I'd have to say the only negative is the recurring monthly cost. It may not seem like a lot, but in the scheme of my budget, it has an impact.,HelloSign, Microsoft Office 365, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WordPress,The interface itself is easy-to-use. They've designed it to be intuitive, a big plus for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to learn new software. The number of images they provide is huge! And inserting them into the piece being created is dead simple. They also provide guidance so your placement is just right. It's very easy to create new pieces, but even easier to modify an existing template for your needs.,Really, my only issue was keeping track of the money I paid upfront to cover the cost of images. It's not obvious as to where it's hidden and I'm not certain they tapped those funds each time I needed a paid image.,9
Canva

Canva Reviews

Canva
Filter 124 vetted Canva reviews and ratings
August 06, 2018

Review: "Canva - User Friendly and Easy to Learn"

• User friendly.
  • Great templates for marketing, promotion, and design.
  • Anyone can learn to use it quickly.
  • More free content.
  • More fonts, we follow a style guide and need specific fonts for dept promotions.
  • More tools for words, curves would be nice!
Perfect for self-starters and those who want an easy outlet to be creative! Great for quick, professional-looking turn around for marketing, promotion, print, and digital media.
Read Sami Sonkowsky M.S.Ed's full review
June 28, 2018

"A Small Business Owner's Thoughts on Canva - An honest review"

• The ability to save designs online automatically and share those designs with other team members is invaluable to us
  • The drag and drop functionality is very useful for quickly adding images or elements to a design that are not already available in the Canva platform
  • The mobile apps for various platforms allow us to see designs on the go and edit or change any designs
  • The branding option is great because we can use our own custom font and colors for different designs. Being able to duplicate and add our branding to different designs is a lifesaver
  • There are more templates and search functionality on the mobile apps than on the website. This is rather odd and makes the product a bit confusing to use. We sometimes have to find a design idea on the app then save it and use it on the web app. Would be easier if the ability to find designs was just baked into both web and mobile apps.
  • While it is a versatile design tool, Canva does not allow you to import just any fonts. Our team has had to find other workarounds to use the library of fonts we have as they cannot be imported into Canva, despite the functionality being advertised.
  • Being unable to import or export vectors or design files lets Canva down. As a tool that can be used by almost anyone, it needs some advanced features for professional designers. If we could export designs with layers or import them it would really make our workflow much easier.
Canva is best suited for anyone looking for a quick online design tool. Social media managers and web designers can benefit a lot from it. As well as small business owners who may not have money to hire a designer. For medium-size business and Enterprises, there are more advanced tools that can fill in the gap. We have found that Canva is a good alternative tool to Adobe's suite of products for quick design and also cost. However, for teams larger than 10 users, you may want to consider other alternatives.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
August 30, 2018

Canva Review: "A time-saving tool for design novices"

• Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent.
  • Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards.
  • Quick and easy creation and download process.
  • Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared.
  • It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly.
  • Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.
Canva is great if you don't have a dedicated designer on your team, or need to create images quickly outside of a typical design process. It's also useful for organizations that have many users that need to create brand-compliant images. It doesn't take much training to get up and running.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
August 28, 2018

Review: "Canva: Pretty pretty and pretty simple."

• Canva makes it very easy to change your mind about what goes where.
  • Canva's chart/graph tool is decent for basic data representation.
  • Cava's palette tool is useful for replicating brand colors around a document. You just take the hex code from your brand documents and drop them in to create a palette.
  • Canva, as a tool that seems to lend itself to information representation, doesn't have any means for managing and representing more complex data relationships. I found myself making charts in Google Sheets, exporting the charts as .png files, and uploading them to Canva.
Canva is great for presenting graphic information. It has tons and tons of templates and access to free and paid graphics. It's also great for making hero images for social posts. It makes beautiful images, and it's super easy to use.
Read William Laurienti's full review
August 22, 2018

Review: "Canva Gives Professional Results at a Fraction of the Cost!"

• If you're a monthly subscriber, you have access to TONS of images, photographs, and fonts. They usually have something that works for whatever you're designing.
  • They also provide a large number of predesigned templates. All you have to do is erase the wording you don't want and put in what you do want. It couldn't be easier!
  • Canva also allows for cross-team functionality. I didn't need this, but I can see how it would reduce turnaround time for a project.
  • A negative is a monthly cost. As a solopreneur, $12.95 per month is a steep cost for something I don't use every month. I wish they had something else between $0 and $12.95.
  • I had a hard time keeping track of the money I paid upfront for images. (For example, I paid $10 upfront to take care of the $1 image cost for premium images.) I wasn't always sure I was getting credit because it seemed like I was paying anyway.
Canva is well-suited for any situation that needs a well-designed, professional result. I used Canva to create logos for products I was marketing, which was a lot simpler than finding a designer. I also created an ebook using an ebook template. It looked professional and was very easy to use. I also liked that I could get a transparent background on my images, although I believe that's only with the paid version.
Read Lisbeth Tanz's full review
March 30, 2018

User Review: "Why Canva rocks"

Canva is used for:
Making quick sketches for projects presentations for clients and in-house reporting and projects.
Free e-books for lead generation - this is particularly important for me because we had a lot of content that was up to date but the presentation was a mess since we use Canva we can make beautiful designed short ebooks that appeal visitors to become leads.
FB covers and other social media images
Great for importing own images and turning them into an add or a post.
  • Making content marketing posts for social media
  • Making and design ebooks
  • Great for web presentations
  • Making beautiful designed images for adds
  • Making a presentation not only for web but so we could use presentations like PowerPoint
  • More of free designs
  • Making hex color presets that are your favorite colors or make your own color palette
- Designing images for social media such as posts, ads images for the cover photo
- Designing ebooks and making them your lead generation tool
- Great for presentations
- Making your design better
- It has an online tool that you can access anywhere

It lacks tools for image editing
It lacks a solution to make your presentation turn into a desktop solution like powerpoint
Read Tadej Lorber's full review
July 03, 2018

Canva Review: "Essential for quick and easy designs"

We use this platform in the graphic design department and it allows us to create and publish a diversity of beautiful and elegant free designs without using tools like Photoshop or Illustrator. It is special to make concrete and simple designs. It has been very useful for my company.
  • You can create personalized restaurant menus, flyers, flyers, business cards, gift vouchers and even labels.
  • Create headlines for our social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
  • It allows you to create designs for events, ceremonies and special occasions such as future weddings, communions, baptisms or birthdays.
  • It lacks advanced options. That is, it only serves for simple designs without many effects.
  • The use of the internet is mandatory to use this platform.
This program stands out in social networks. For a community manager it is essential to be able to make designs quickly and in a short time, something that Canvas does very well. It is not recommended for complex designs such as publications for magazines, etc.
Read Enio García's full review
June 22, 2018

Canva Review: "This is one of the best for beginners and experts to be creative"

I personally use the Canva for some specific type of events sometimes in our parties in companies or birthdays. It is very easy to use and there are a lot of features to choose from. You can be creative and give much of theme or background images that help you to make a project or picture perfect. I do multi task by doing my task as a virtual assistant in the credit department and admin staff in our recreational activity. That is why I was looking for a software where I can do a lot of creativity and designing. Canva is been the best one so far.
  • Even in the free registry it will still give you good features to help you to be creative.
  • Can easily upload images and there is a lot of variation for the sample text that gives more pattern for design.
  • It saves my project history and there are different sizes for projects that you might need.
  • I wish you could add a feature where you could remove a background of an image.
  • For sample text to have a larger font size.
Canva is well suited for doing logos or front design for invitations. It has been a great help for our recreational activities for themed events. For the less appropriate maybe add a feature that can remove a background of an image to have much more creativity in a project.
Read Phoebe Ann Lopez's full review
June 05, 2018

Review: "Canva empowers designers of all skill levels"

Canva allows marketers of every level to be self sufficient with designing quality marketing collateral. I have little to no background in design, and before I signed up for Canva I would often find myself heavily depending on design teams to deliver marketing assets.

Canva is empowering marketers to operate autonomously in the workplace by producing sleek and engaging designs.
  • Gives users simple tools to create effective graphics
  • Easy to use interface with a wide variety of templates
  • Good repository of deign-ready images
  • I'd like to have more control over cropping and layering
  • It is sometimes difficult to find the right template for your project
I use Canva to create quick graphics for presentations and social media. I also use it in conjunction with other sites to create some infographics. I wouldn't use Canva for more detailed or rigorous campaigns unless you were using a paid version.
Read Will Harmon's full review
May 22, 2018

Review: "Canva Helps Content Creators with Limited Graphics Experience"

I use Canva when I need to resize and edit photos for my client's websites. I also use Canva to edit and resize photos for my client's social media profiles. Last, I use Canva for images to include in various marketing materials. Canva solves a number of problems for me. One is that I use a Chromebook, so image editing software is limited. Also, I have very little graphic design skills, so the templates, layouts, fonts, and elements are extremely useful to me.
  • I like that I can use filters and alter colors to match any brand that I'm working on.
  • I like that I can upload any of my images and edit from within Canva.
  • I like that I can download my edited images in a number of formats (.PNG, .JPEG, PDF)
  • Within the Elements> Grids, I'd like to see more options for grid layouts.
  • It would be nice to be able to create your own "illustrations" so that you're not limited to the ones Canva provides.
  • Possibly update the frames section, too. Some of them are outdated and a bit cheesy.
Canva is well suited for amateur graphic designers, small business owners who need to create their own graphics, for kids & schools. It is not well suited for creating custom, high-quality graphics. Overall, it's a great product and I feel it's the best on the web right now (for amateurs).
Read Deven Bhagwandin's full review
May 18, 2018

Canva Review: "Great Product!"

I use it when designing posts for social media and flyers for promotions and events. It's very easy to use and has a TON of beautiful templates that help me expedite the design process. It's also very easy to customize elements - you can upload your own fonts, create branding guidelines, etc.
  • Functional and beautiful pre-made templates
  • Easy-to-use interface that's very simplistic
  • Different formats and designs for different needs - flyers, cards, social media posts
  • Only allows a certain amount of additional fonts to be uploaded
  • Many of the photos from the library cost additional, which can be frustrating
  • Organizing a large number of files/designs can be very tricky
It's very good for quick creation of social media posts and flyers, but wouldn't be practical for an in-depth design, like a detailed brochure or multi-page document. It's also very good at creating custom cards or stationary for day-to-day use.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
May 18, 2018

Review: "Canva is a great resource for our content marketing team"

As a digital marketing agency that offers content marketing services, we have great use for creating graphic and visual components to our written content. Our writers and social media people all use Canva as an easy way to create header images and infographics. Words are more compelling when accompanied by visuals, and Canva is one of the programs we use to create those.
  • Creating visuals that combine text and graphic elements.
  • Is full-featured enough to work for a number of projects while being much simpler to use than PhotoShop.
  • I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to graphic design, but Canva makes me feel more capable than I probably am.
  • Canva is well organized and makes it easy to store revised and original versions.
  • Canva has many project templates available which make it easy to tailor a graphic to Facebook, Instagram, Blogs, etc.
  • For better and worse, Canva is simpler than Photoshop/InDesign. Canva is less powerful and stripped down in comparison, which means, occasionally, you might have projects that require a more sophisticated program.
  • The selection of stock elements available for free is not always tremendous, which occasionally means paying a small premium for some elements.
We write a lot of blog posts, for our company and for clients. Canva is one of our go-to programs for creating header images to accompany the blogs that display well within WordPress sites. With its many templates, it also works well for creating social media posts, reports, booklets, and even infographics. Good graphic designers can do amazing things with Canva, and mediocre graphic designers (like myself) can do very good things. Some more detailed projects that require the utmost attention paid to the most minute of details will be better off designed in PhotoShop of InDesign.
Read Anthony Burke's full review
May 16, 2018

Canva Review: "Let your creativity flow- especially for Marketers!"

I use Canva very frequently for marketing content for our department. We use it to create ads, infographics, eBooks, pamphlets, and whitepapers. Occasionally, I use it for personal use for blogging and creating cards. Canva is easy to use and we especially like the grid option which allows you to drag and drop a picture that ends up filling the whole space. My boss and I share the links and can edit the collateral and it shows the changes you make. We use the images for the Twitter size post and put them in every blog piece that we have. The infographic templates are very helpful as well because they provide you with some layouts that you can adjust and change the colors and the orientation. Additionally, the photo grid is a really cool element because you can essentially put a picture inside a laptop screen. Canva allows you to use your creativity and also provides free illustrations and pictures to use for your design.
  • Photo Grid: dragging and dropping images into a grid that fills the whole screen of the picture
  • Shareability: being able to download, copy, and share the links with your team members is very helpful
  • Creativity: Design elements like shapes, illustrations, and free photos are very helpful in creating a design.
  • Variety of templates: the various templates allow you to customize and adjust your design
  • Recommendations: Make it easier to understand teams and have the teams collaborate without the design changes that only change for one person
  • Recommendation: bug fixes, often times the site is down when we need to use it
  • Recommendations: offer more folder options for free users
Canva is well suited for marketing: social media, flyers, infographics, eBooks, Twitter posts, invitations, etc. We use Canva for Twitter images on our blog. We have created different variations of infographics which is nice because then we can choose several different types. We recently discovered that square infographics are trending and so we are planning to make more of them besides just the rectangular infographics.
Read Bailey Taunt's full review
April 30, 2018

Canva: "Get it. Learn it. Review it. Improve it."

Our marketing department has built a branding my in Canva and created different user teams in our account. Departments like ours, admissions, and others such as Career Services, have their own team accounts. It allows us to remove a constant request for marketing to tackle small projects.
  • User interface is easy to learn.
  • The offering of templates with preset dimensions is great.
  • The Canva community has a Facebook group that is great for questions and feedback.
  • The mobile app is very clunky and has tended to misformat my designs when moving from device to device.
  • The customer service I received when asking about help with the mobile app was prompt but wasn't essentially helpful or beneficial. I received a professionally worded "It is what it is at the moment".
  • For a service that is geared toward social media as one of its main uses, I would expect them to use social media more often, in a variety of different ways, to exemplify its product [insta stories in particular], not just share articles and tutorials but really giving us an authentic glimpse of the people/team at Canva.
  • Webinars. Need webinars.
Social media management, any type of marketing, website management, etc. are all great ways to utilize Canva.

Quick one-off projects from a mobile device isn't great for using Canva.
Read Iliana Hernandez's full review
April 26, 2018

Canva Review: "Great Entry Into Pro Design Work"

We use Canva for making graphics as a backup solution to Photoshop in our office. We also recommend it to clients who need to make graphics for social channels or blog posts and don't have any experience with more professional software. Canva is an easy solution to create pro-like graphics even when you don't have pro-like apps.
  • Easy design creation for social channels
  • Graphic production when you're on the go
  • Common needs image size presets make it easy for the beginner to intermediate user.
  • Lots of options that are paid add-ons.
  • Working in a web browser is not yet perfect.
This is my go-to recommendation for beginners, solopreneurs, and small business owners who are looking to create graphics for their digital needs. Their image presets and quality assets make the learning curve inviting and it isn't weighted down with a lot of unused pro features. I also find myself using it in a pinch when I'm on a computer that doesn't have Adobe products. It isn't my main design tool, but it works like it should and is accessible on any internet connected computer.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
April 13, 2018

Canva Review: "Easily creating graphics for all social media"

Canva is an easy and quick way to create graphics for most social media platforms. At my organization, we constantly had journalists asking graphic designers for small images to go along with posts on social media. Canva allows them to make such images themselves. In my other role as a lecturer at a local university, I teach young musicians the first steps on building an online presence and for them, Canva is invaluable, since it allows people without graphic design training to create compelling images. Even for professional designers using Canva for quick creations it can be easier than opening and editing an image in Photoshop.
  • Easy to understand
  • Quick to get results
  • The templates and styles are visually pleasing
  • The search function could be improved, perhaps taking inspiration from Google Image filters.
  • It would be interesting to see some kind of Photoshop import/export function.
It is particularly well suited to people active in social media, but who lack design training. Actually, anyone who constantly has to create simple images (including slides and report covers, for example) quickly can benefit from Canva.

However, Canva is not the best option if you need to make adjustments in the photos. It is not a tool for merging images or creating complex visual effects. This kind of work will require a full graphics package like Photoshop or Illustrator.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
April 04, 2018

Canva Review: "Top notch graphics tool for novices"

Both my Creative Director and I use Canva to make beautiful bespoke graphics to use on social media. We also use it to create professional looking graphics and infographics. It enables us to design great looking marketing materials quickly and efficiently, at a fraction of the cost or time it might take a design agency to do.

• It's simple to use, very intuitive, and has some great functionality. It's a great alternative to InDesign for someone who has minimal or no design experience.
  • It's a very cost-effective solution, particularly if you source your own graphics rather than using any of Canva's paid for images.
  • There is a huge selection of layout designs, templates and images available - I've been able to create everything from social media graphics and book covers to logos and infographics.
  • Canva print is way too expensive. It would be great if it was cheaper as the tool really would be a 'one stop shop'.
  • Hate the way it deals (or doesn't!) with images on a transparent background. An image can look fantastic on screen but when it goes for print it comes back with a halo, very disappointing.
  • If you want to create something that is perfectly aligned it can be very very time consuming as you can't create margins etc and use a 'snap to grid' function. If you have multiple items you need aligned you need to do each manually, which is both laborious and painful.
I really really like Canva and in most basic to intermediate design situations, it's fantastic. That said, nothing beats using a professional designer if you want a really expensive looking, professional product.

Canva is intuitive and easy to use for the most part. As a marketer, Canva has lots of great features that I find useful for putting together graphics for blogs or website materials. Being able to create designs and download them as PDFs is very useful for creating ebooks/white papers. Overall a very convenient tool that does what you expect it to.
Read Adeline Garman BA (Hons) DipM MCIM's full review
April 01, 2018

Canva Review: "Awesome tool to create beautiful designs for your digital content"

I personally use Canva in our company to create some of the designs for social media posts. It has quite a big selection of ready-made templates and it saves me a lot of time to create a quality design for our Facebook or Instagram pages. It's also very easy to make some edits on the available templates to suit it with your social media accounts' style.
  • Great selection of ready-made designs for different purposes (social media, presentations, eBooks, flyers, etc.)
  • Very easy-to-use editor
  • Availability to purchase professionally made designs for just $1
  • When downloading files in JPEG format the quality isn't that perfect, would be great to have a better quality there
If you want to easily create beautiful and stylish designs for your social media pages, presentations, eBooks or any other digital content, than Canva is a perfect tool. It can be used for both professional and personal purposes. I love how easy and intuitive it is and the overall user experience is great.
Read Liana Safaryan's full review
August 27, 2018

Review: "Canva: Quickly create professional looking designs with little to no experience"

We use Canva across our development/fundraising department to quickly and easily design cards and invitations to special events. The platform allows a variety of users with any level of design experience to quickly create professional looking event collateral. There is very little training needed, and the software guides users through the design process with on-screen tips, guidelines, and tons of great looking templates. This allows us to create our design materials in-house without hiring additional graphic design staff or costly consultants.
  • Design professional-looking postcards and flyers using a wide selection of adaptable templates.
  • Create print-ready brochures, flyers, and presentations with high quality graphics with little or no graphic design experience.
  • On-screen tips guide you through the design process, so literally anyone can log onto the system and initiate or complete a design.
  • There is very little I would do to improve Canva, as the platform seems to regularly update itself with new content and features. My primary area of improvement would be the the pricing model, which is subscription-based. I understand this is the new way that most software is moving, and it makes sense given the regular updates and new content being added; nevertheless, from a business standpoint (and this isn't necessarily a problem unique to Canva!), while monthly subscriptions make software affordable from a cash basis, over the long run it feels like you pay just as much as you would to buy a professional software off the shelf.
Well suited: We use this platform most frequently to quickly design electronic invitation cards to a monthly cocktails event. The files export easily, allowing us to import into PaperlessPost for our event emailing and RSVP tracking. This is a very powerful combo if you host a lot of special events on a regular basis.

Not so well-suited: For text heavy designs you may consider another platform, as copy/pasting text and maintaining or universally changing text format can be challenging. Think of this as a graphic design program with some text features, mostly to design sales collateral and you will be very happy; just don't try to use it to create a book or a very long, text-heavy annual report.
September 14, 2018

Canva Review: "Easily creating graphics for all social media"

By and large, we've possessed the capacity to streamline and center our plan spending plan - coordinating the heft of our financial plan toward "enormous detonation" things that require a planner and having the capacity to diminish the sum spent on everyday little outline needs that surface all the time.

Also, the turnaround time to get promotion pieces out via web-based networking media has been abbreviated. Canva has empowered our Communications Coordinator to make brisk designs when required, as we in some cases need to react to current occasions via web-based networking media with an erratic and fast turnaround time. What's more, it has empowered other staff (such as myself) to make pictures for our promotion needs to then pass on to our Communications Coordinator which abbreviates the work process also.

• In a couple of snaps, you can plan a huge number of illustrations for use in promoting/publicizing through web-based social networking or print.
  • You are not constrained by the pictures provided - you can transfer your own to control.
  • I utilize the expert variant (paid) which likewise furnishes me with sharing abilities, marking, transfer your own particular text styles and different advantages.
  • I adore having the capacity to make an outline and resize it for various web-based social networking stages.
  • Simple to utilize formats and change or make your own particular plans.
  • Bunches of textual styles.
  • Great instructional exercises on the best way to utilize distinctive highlights
  • That a portion of the photograph correcting instruments is restricted.
  • A few assets are paid, despite the fact that they are not costly.
  • Furthermore, there are no lines or aides that enable us to know with conviction that our plan is focused and balanced with whatever remains of the undertaking.
Before you begin influencing a plan, have a thought of what you need. Now and then you could go in and tumble to the suasions of its delightful formats. Try not to be hesitant to blend and match components from different formats either. Make a point to have a decent eye for shading, Canva encourages you some in such manner yet not all that much, so you require stylish taste yourself.
April 26, 2018

Canva Review: "Amazing graphics, created quickly & easily"

I work on the content team, delivering written content alongside a team of designers (who work with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator). Sometimes graphics (such as social cards/images with graphics to post on social media) are required at short notice so I need to create them myself. While I am a creative individual, I do not have the training to use Adobe software but by using Canva, I can make stylish, professional graphics that can be used to represent my brand. I have also used Canva to create cover/feature images for blogs by adding text and graphics to add a new dimension to stock images that would otherwise look generic and dull.
  • Images/graphics for social media
  • Cover/feature images for blogs (e.g. Wordpress)
  • Great templates for ideas of design
  • Picture collage for mood board/design inspiration
  • Suggests sizes for your template so you know it will fit (e.g. right size for Facebook cover photos, images in Twitter feed etc)
  • The app has some glitches (closes without saving changes, text placement is dodgy), better used on desktop
  • Design in RGB, not CMYK which can be problematic for printing
Great for small teams - I used to work in a startup with only one designer and I would often use Canva to create graphics myself as the designer did not have the capacity to create images for me using PhotoShop. The quality is so high and it's so easy to use with drag and drop features that it doesn't matter that I'm not a professional design - as long as you are creative and have a good eye, you can make amazing graphics quickly and easily. And it's very cost efficient!!
July 03, 2018

User Review: "Canva for Marketing"

I'm using Canva on a weekly basis to easily create strong graphic images and promotional material. I'm a book author with a following on social media, which is where I primarily use this material. Canva makes it easy to create images such as Twitter of Facebook headers, or graphic images I can use on apps such as Instagram. It's often used as a way to get information out, instead of relying on text alone.
  • Helps to easily create graphic images
  • Is able to be used widely across different social media.
  • Allows you to incorporate stock or personalized images
  • Some of the image integration can be difficult, and can mess up color schemes
  • The search function is weak
  • I'd like to see it more cleanly separated in different social media forms. Making it searchable to find templates for each one
Canva is a great program for people like me, who often have information they need to share via social media. Rather than spending many hours on programs such as photoshop, Canva provides ready-made templates that I'm able to personalize. This save so much time. If you're a great artist and want something completely personalized, it might not be the best program. But to save time and create material quickly, there's no beating it.
June 28, 2018

Canva Review: "Get your designs done!"

Canva makes design and marketing accessible to people of all experience levels. The online software makes design, for any purpose whether it is for mass mailing or social media posting, easy.
  • Canva has great prepopulated templates!
  • Canva has numerous options for document sizing that directly correlate to stipulations of various social media sites or email headers.
  • Canva does not offer organization of your designs until you upgrade to the paid version. This upgrade is definitely worth.
  • Canva has limited free options for images and illustrations.
Canva has reduced the time we need for marketing purposes and we are able to make cohesive branding decisions now. I love how easy Canva makes it to create invitations, social media posts, email headers, cards, newsletters, and many more!
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Canva is great for small businesses!"

Used to create professional graphics for use in social media and email marketing campaigns. It is used primarily by our digital department but also other teams use it as well. Helps professionalize our marketing programs to our target audiences, and looks really good without being too expensive or difficult to use. Great!
  • Ease of Use
  • Creativity
  • Cost
  • Some more expanded graphic design functionality
  • Not as glitchy
  • Less nickel and dime type charges
Canva is great for businesses across the spectrum - B2B, B2C, etc. Particularly small businesses with smaller marketing budgets. It is particularly useful for creating a great graphic to support your marketing initiatives. Couldn't be happier with what Canva provides! Great service and a great tool for your use.
June 21, 2018

Canva Review: "Great tool,user friendly product with very good outcomes"

It is helping our businesses and certainly myself to look and deliver a much more professional image for the organization. There is always a place for a great designer, but sometimes you need a professional piece of work quickly and within a 'zero' budget, this fantastic set of tools allows anyone to produce amazing work! Help us in brochures and posters. Great and responsive social media posts.
  • The software is very simple to use and anyone can be a designer
  • Very cost effective there is also a Free option which allows you to do so much
  • Cloud-based allowing me to use anytime, anywhere with a good internet connection is needed
  • Innovation - There are always new tools or templates to try
  • In my opinion, I'm more on the Illustration and Logo Side and I would love to have more options and logos on Canva.
  • it was very hard to find a tool to create a simple line.
  • You also cannot change the dimensions of basic shapes (i.e. make a square into a rectangle without having to delete the shape and find another).
  • Overal there isn't that much to dislike, especially for the price!
I love that Canva is so reasonably priced while not really scrimping on functionality! This is great for small organizations and non-profits!

About Canva

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).