https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/rd/k5/4H8W00AXNR7H.JPEGCanva is the solution for anyone looking to create their own designI use Canva for work (the paid version) every single day and I create social media posts for clients all around the world. I also partnered with Digital Marketing Agencies and I provide social media posts, banners, flyers and much more. Since I work as a graphic designer, Canva helps me to save a lot of time because of all the tools available (paid version). I can also find a lot of high-quality pictures, icons, etc. for free instead of having to use websites like Pixabay, Pexels, FlatIcon, etc.,They have a great stock of images and icons available Templates are also a huge plus so depending on the design I don't need to create everything from scratch The paid version is not expensive in my opinion based on how much time you can save just by using this tool It's easy to use even for someone who is just starting,I would like to be able to add shadow behind text or icons Easier way to center icons, texts, images, etc Find a better way to find folders / templates I created in the past just by typing certain keywords,9,I work full time as graphic designer and web-developer. Canva is by far the best tool for certain jobs like Social Media Content, Facebook Covers, etc. It saves me a lot of time when I need to find images and icons. It also allows me to keep images I upload inside folders which is a huge plus. The templates available are awesome, it gives me tons of ideas & inspirations when I need to create something new for a client.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CCCanva: A nice design toolWe use Canva for a lot of our images for organic and paid efforts, particularly for social media. We've used it some for printed media like eBooks and data sheets as well. We've found it does best for the more simple images because a lot of the functionality like bolding, linking words and etc is not incredibly easy for longer form content. The free images and such are good, and so are the premium ones. It's a bit annoying that things are shown to be $1 but then actually cost $11, though. We wish that it was a bit easier to make long-form content as well.,Social Media Images. Free stock images. Easy and quick design for beginners.,Longer form content -- Canva hard to use and clunky. A better folder system -- we don't want to have to see all designs. A better system for searching for images and such.,9,Helps us get paid social campaigns live faster than waiting for a full mood board from a designer. Gives new life to our organic posts and increases interaction with fun images. Hasn't replaced a full-time designer.,Adobe Illustrator CC,JazzHR, Workable, ZapierI love Canva! It's easy to use and easy to print, free marketing material creation!I use Canva to create custom Pinterest graphics, to create marketing materials and online educational packets. I also use it to design email headers, thank you cards, and other promotional materials. It is much better than having ot buy and pay for Adobe Illustrator and much quicker to use than any other program.,Assortment of designs Perfect quality for printing Fast turn around time for orders Color codes are easy to implement Uploading images is easy Duplicating designs is easy to do,Sometimes my design gets saved weird, so that when I hit undo it reverts to a version that is too far back I wish the resize document feature was free Deleting images is a pain, I wish there was a bulk editor for photos Finding free designs, graphics or elements is difficult,10,Free marketing material creation Quick turnaround time when I need something designed I can even share my design with friends who are graphic designers to get their feedback,Acuity Scheduling, Squarespace, Mailchimp,Yes,,10,NoIncrease Productivity with this $0/mo Graphic Design SolutionAs the sole owner/employee, I have used Canva for mockups, social posts, ebooks etc. It is a quick alternative to Indesign or Photoshop (though those items are still needed).,Social posts. Social profile images and banners. ebooks.,Adding transparency while editing. No eraser for uploaded images. Simple shapes with height and width options.,10,Canva has increased productivity. It has decreased multiple subscription costs (I'm using only Canva now). Quick and easy to teach clients - eliminating support tickets.,Adobe Photoshop,MailerLite, Calendly, SquarespaceCanva - Your own in-house artist for a fraction of the costCanva is used mainly by our online marketing folks. We use it to create social media headers (LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook), thumbnails for video content, blog post headers, one-page overviews (PDF) and other graphics. The main reason we use this software is that a non-designer type of person can quickly jump in, find a template which introduces a really nice color schema, font family and graphics that work for our project. We have also uploaded our official color palette so these colors are incorporated when we initiate a new design.,Canva allows us to create very professional art for our online presence in many ways. Canva also outputs the graphics in the way we need: .png and .jpg for online articles and social media and .pdf for print or collateral material. It has almost no learning curve. Sign up and try a project with it, it's super easy to get into. You are able to start with a free level that gives you a lot of features. We used the free one for quite some time to make sure it was the proper tool for us and then we went "PRO".,We'd like to be able to tag and classify our past graphics in folders in an easier way. For some reason, we aren't able to use the drag and drop function while using FireFox. This maybe a cache or cookie issue on our side which we are looking into.,10,While we are all about supporting artists and paying for artists talent, we are far too small of an organization to have an on-staff artist. Canva allows someone with ok design skills to really produce quality images. The interface is simple to use, allowing us to add thumbnails to social media headers and posts quickly and without slowing down our work flow.,OmniGraffle,OmniGraffle, OmniFocus
Canva

Canva Reviews

Canva
Filter 203 vetted Canva reviews and ratings

Renan Viana profile photo
April 10, 2019

Review: "Canva is the solution for anyone looking to create their own design"

• They have a great stock of images and icons available
  • Templates are also a huge plus so depending on the design I don't need to create everything from scratch
  • The paid version is not expensive in my opinion based on how much time you can save just by using this tool
  • It's easy to use even for someone who is just starting
  • I would like to be able to add shadow behind text or icons
  • Easier way to center icons, texts, images, etc
  • Find a better way to find folders / templates I created in the past just by typing certain keywords
Canva is ideal for anyone looking to create great designs (Social Media posts, brochures, flyers, and even a basic logo). Canva wouldn't be the best option if you are looking to design something complex, remove background, crop items, add effects on images or texts, etc.
Read Renan Viana's full review
Savannah Rezabek profile photo
April 04, 2019

User Review: "Canva: A nice design tool"

• Social Media Images.
  • Free stock images.
  • Easy and quick design for beginners.
  • Longer form content -- Canva hard to use and clunky.
  • A better folder system -- we don't want to have to see all designs.
  • A better system for searching for images and such.
Canva is great for quick images, particularly more simple images. It's awesome for social media. I wouldn't use it if you want really effect heavy images with layering and custom designs -- in that case you're going to need an Adobe or similar product. It does some things like filters and gradients, or vignettes, but it's not a full and robust design tool for super professional looking white papers and such. It is, however, great for small teams with little to no design experience, or teams that have a designer and want to easily add text or what have you.
Read Savannah Rezabek's full review
Josephine Stafford profile photo
February 25, 2019

Review: "I love Canva! It's easy to use and easy to print, free marketing material creation!"

• Assortment of designs
  • Perfect quality for printing
  • Fast turn around time for orders
  • Color codes are easy to implement
  • Uploading images is easy
  • Duplicating designs is easy to do
  • Sometimes my design gets saved weird, so that when I hit undo it reverts to a version that is too far back
  • I wish the resize document feature was free
  • Deleting images is a pain, I wish there was a bulk editor for photos
  • Finding free designs, graphics or elements is difficult
Canva is perfect for small business owners and for people looking to create fun designs. It's better than paying for a premade design on Minted or Zazzle and the print quality is equal. You have more flexibility with Canva. I also use it for personal things like showers or Christmas present projects, easy to use and easy to print!
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone profile photo
February 21, 2019

Canva Review: "Increase Productivity with this $0/mo Graphic Design Solution"

• Social posts.
  • Social profile images and banners.
  • ebooks.
  • Adding transparency while editing.
  • No eraser for uploaded images.
  • Simple shapes with height and width options.
I recommend Canva to all small business clients. It saves them time and money on simple graphic design items. Canva is not really suited for graphic designers as they need more control than Canva can offer at this time.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
February 04, 2019

Review: "Canva - Your own in-house artist for a fraction of the cost"

• Canva allows us to create very professional art for our online presence in many ways.
  • Canva also outputs the graphics in the way we need: .png and .jpg for online articles and social media and .pdf for print or collateral material.
  • It has almost no learning curve. Sign up and try a project with it, it's super easy to get into.
  • You are able to start with a free level that gives you a lot of features. We used the free one for quite some time to make sure it was the proper tool for us and then we went "PRO".
  • We'd like to be able to tag and classify our past graphics in folders in an easier way. For some reason, we aren't able to use the drag and drop function while using FireFox. This maybe a cache or cookie issue on our side which we are looking into.
This is great for online content. If you produce youtube videos, blog posts, or really any social media posts, the quality of the thumbnail or social media header is crucial. Also, if you need to output a social media header in many formats - this is the perfect tool. In most cases, you can choose the social media app you are creating for and Canva will automatically set the size in pixels so you can get started right away. We used to have templates of each social media app and this would change. We now let Canva do this for us now.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching profile photo
January 16, 2019

Canva Review: "A simple platform to create beautiful designs for non-professional graphic artists"

Canva makes it easy to create beautiful, eye-catching yet simple graphics. It easy to convert graphics into a different size format with all the most common size format already available. It is copy and paste.
  • Extensive library of pre-set templates and formats.
  • Drag and drop for ease.
  • Variety of styles, fonts, drawing, shapes, and icons.
  • Simple to use.
  • Limited color to play with for text and background.
  • Can be buggy at times and slow to respond.
  • Could benefit from more templates.
Useful for creating graphics for social media banners (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram), Facebook Ads, YouTube video thumbnails and marketing collateral.
Read Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
January 01, 2019

Canva Review: "Best Graphic Design Software"

Canva is used for all of our marketing images, business cards, and forms. The marketing images are used for print, online marketing, Wordpress posts/pages, and email campaigns. With Canva, we do not need to employ or contract a graphics designer. It can be accessed online and it is very easy to use.
  • Creating images
  • Creating marketing pieces
  • Creating digital business cards
Designing images for marketing pieces, like flyers and posters
Designing graphics for websites and email campaigns
Designing digital business cards
Designing business forms and resumes
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Abigail Nwaocha profile photo
December 21, 2018

Canva Review: "One of the best design tools you'll ever find"

I use Canva to make PDF presentations, social media images, flyers, and e-book covers for an Architecture company in Kenya.
I needed a way to make marketing assets fast, and while Photoshop and Adobe Spark were both good options, Canva was not only the easiest to use and share with others, but the mobile app helped me make designs from my phone or tablet.
  • PDF Presentations: It is unbelievably difficult to make a decent powerpoint presentation on a phone or tablet. Canva's mobile app and the different presentation templates have helped me prepare presentations for a meeting and speaking events
  • eBook Covers/ebooks: I had to convert several blog posts into a downloadable pdf ebook for visitors as a lead generating asset, and while I usually used Indesign (or MS WORD) and Photoshop to create the ebook and ebook cover, I decided to check out Canva's ebook cover template and discovered that I could create a simple yet stylish ebook cover, and if I added other pages I could paste the content of the blog post and create the book in Canva.
  • Social Media Images: 80% of the time when I use Canva it's to make social media images, cover/header images for Facebook and Twitter. The Instagram story template also works for branded WhatsApps statuses.
  • I really dislike how sometimes my work isn't automatically saved for some reason, and I'm prompted to reload the design and the past second's work is just gone. I've not experienced this on their android app, but it happens to me at least once every two weeks on the online/desktop site.
  • The Undo/Redo option is glitchy sometimes, and after I accidentally or otherwise delete an element when I try to undo it, sometimes it doesn't come back. Even worse, if I click undo twice I might end up losing a lot of my design progress which the redo option for some reason cannot restore.
Not everyone is great with making designs on Photoshop-- Canva can be used to make almost any design, be it a presentation, flyer, logo (their logo design options are painfully limited but it's a good start), social media images, infographics etc. The best part about Canva is that not only does it work for businesses of all sizes, or personal projects, but it's very easy to use and the interface is friendly.
Read Abigail Nwaocha's full review
Daniel Choi profile photo
December 07, 2018

"Canva is a great free ad generating software"

Canva is used for creating social media marketing material for small campaigns. The problem is that there are very few free programs that allow startups to create good flyer-like ads for social media. This is being used in the marketing department of the company and they love the product so far. There are a lot of customizations even with the free version.
  • Canva is very user-friendly because it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out.
  • Canva does not have a long setup process which is good for someone who wants to test it out.
  • There are limitations for the free version and the bill can add up if you want to used the paid options.
  • Canva needs to have more functionality in terms of editing portions like selecting unusual shapes of an image to crop.
Canva is well suited for beginner marketing personnel with a limited budget. Canva is not suited for a large corporation that has money to hire graphic designers. Photoshop and Illustrator should be used instead.
Read Daniel Choi's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
November 12, 2018

Review: "Canva: the perfect solution for social media shares."

I run a small online 3D printing service. Canva is used by only me. It solves my start-up's social media campaign design problems. Canva is an easy online tool to use. You can create leaflets, posters, business cards, banners, and other cool things with Canva. It is then very easy to share them online social media platforms. Or you could save them on your device. Canva has ready stencils or designs which are useful for projects.
  • Quick to produce social media content
  • You can use it on the cloud. No need for downloading software.
  • Canva has the ability to create content for different social media platforms. For example, you could create posts just fit for Instagram in square format.
  • You could write an e-book with Canva.
  • Canva's mobile app has more design restrictions than the browser app. It is a little bit hard to use on mobile devices.
  • Templates section could be broadened to other new business areas, like 3D printing.
  • Direct social media sharing options within Canva are limited to Facebook and Twitter. There should be other media options such as Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Canva is ideal for all kinds of businesses. But it fits perfectly for a new start-up company. I love that it's free. Of course, Canva has paid areas but for a first-time user, there's no need to pay. Canva has a developing interface. There have been a number of feature additions to it within the last year. Canva has limited photo editing tools, though. Thus, you might need another software to edit your photos.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
Sarah Roscoe profile photo
December 22, 2018

Canva Review: "Easily Create Professonal Graphics"

We use Canva as a way to create professional looking marketing materials. We are using the non-profit version which Canva kindly provides to non-profits.
  • Tons of templates
  • Unlimited options for creativity
  • It would be nice if there were different file size options or a file size reducer
Canva is great for making social media materials and website/email banners. It is a simple and easy to use product.
Read Sarah Roscoe's full review
Desirée zambrano profile photo
November 12, 2018

Canva Review: "Great results and user friendly"

We use Canva to design the images of the different products we produce, and the presentations for these products--from enhancing the look of the product, to designing the label, even to posts on Instagram or other websites. It's used just in our department, since we're in charge of the promotion and marketing of these products.
  • It's very easy to use, so if you want to get beautiful results but find other design tools too complicated, Canva is perfect. You can design almost anything on Canva in a few easy steps
  • You can get beautiful designs using the free version
  • It allows you to upload images of your preference
  • It has a lot of different resources for different types of content
  • While its monthly subscription isn't overly expensive, some of the content is overpriced (images, icons, and such.)
  • Getting the design size right can be very time-consuming.
  • A lot of paid template options appear, and finding the free templates takes some searching.
If you're starting to work on Digital Marketing but are not an expert in Photoshop, Canva is the perfect choice. You get beautiful results without too much hassle. If you need to do an amazing design but are short on time, Canva can help you with that. Canva is a perfect tool to use for people who have few design skills, but if you're looking to get super professional results, Canva is not for you.
Read Desirée zambrano's full review
April 02, 2019

Canva Review: "Still a good choice in the market they helped create"

We used Canva to generate all of our social media graphics and images. Currently there are three of us who need access to the designs, and we're all able to use designs out of a shared folder so that we can keep everything in the same place. As far as I know, it's the market leader (and it certainly was the pioneer) in the "visual design for amateurs" category.
  • allows just about anyone to create just about any kind of social media image asset
  • size templates take the guesswork out of dimensions
  • drag and drop interface makes it simple enough for anyone to figure out
  • they continue to innovate the product despite many "me-too" products
  • they struggle do differentiate in the market that they essentially created
  • image editing options still somewhat limited compared to more robust traditional editors
  • no help with design -- it's still too easy to create something hideous
You still need to have a basic eye for design. It takes the tech aspect out of it. If you have an idea of what makes a graphic look good, you can create it fairly easily in Canva. However, non-designers beware. "Easy to use" does NOT equal "easy to make something that looks good."
March 16, 2019

User Review: "Canva for Design"

Canva is being used by the Digital Learning Department to create banners, icons, badges, flyers, etc. There are also some teachers who are using Canva with students for student-created work.
  • Variety of templates
  • Ease of use
  • Easy to download and share
  • Organization options
  • Free features vs paid features
Canva is great for student-created projects: posters, flyers, etc. Canva also works great for LMS customization options. Using Canva, our department has created flyers, menus, handouts, badges, and more. I am not a huge fan of Canva for presentations though.
March 07, 2019

Canva Review: "Design anything with ease."

In my company, various departments need picture editing tools for creating newsletters, posters, cards etc. Canva is helping them to do so. In my department, I use this software for creating informative templates which I use in my newsletters. Sometimes I use it to create beautiful greeting cards and e-cards during festivals.
  • Its web interface is very intuitive. It helps users to navigate very easily.
  • They have a wide variety of pre-made templates in various categories.
  • They provide results in JPEG, PNG and PDF format as well.
  • Its mobile app is not as intuitive as its web application. It also hangs sometimes.
  • Sometimes I find it difficult to match the canvas size with the size of my uploaded image. It doesn't fit, even after stretching it.
  • Some of the pre-made templates are very expensive.
This application is very good at editing pictures for creating beautiful newsletters, posters, greeting cards, flyers etc. Canva provides various fonts and color pallets to design a template as per users' requirements. During festivals, I use this software to design greeting cards for my colleagues in my company. After designing them on this App I print them on premium paper sheets in high resolution. Everyone likes these greetings, and have said they looked like professionally designed greetings.
February 06, 2019

User Review: "Canva has made us a 100x ROI!"

Well, it definitely helps with the content creation side, in terms of easy access and seamless user interface. Canva is easily used by all our team and staff without us having to do the 5-hour crash course PhotoShop might have.
  • Quick and easy templates already pre-made to alter to the needs of the user.
  • Folders and logos organization is key once you begin to scale your business.
  • A vast amount of features and a way to download almost anything you need.
  • Easy to use editing tools across any post or project. (Great for collaboration).
  • Canva is VERY slow when too many people are using it, so that’s a big one.
  • At times Canva will crash during particular edits on a piece of content.
  • GIFs I think Canva should definitely allow us to make GIFs!
Well, so many business owners are not graphic designers, therefore, they really suck at making anything look good (creative wise). Canva really makes an effort in their premade templates to help those businesses who don’t know a thing about graphics design and may need a simple logo, post or whatever. I don’t really have anything against it, maybe perhaps a free trial to the paid version would be great.
January 02, 2019

User Review: "Canva Makes Anyone an Art Director"

Canva is being used by my marketing department to help offset the time and money it would cost to involve our creative department for smaller graphic design needs. This includes images for blogs, presentation designs, posters, flyers and generally the bulk of all our internal needs. By using this affordable tool, we can move fast on our own without including other departments.
  • Quickly design without Adobe experience.
  • Use smart, creative templates to speed up the process.
  • Choose from a variety of images and fonts.
  • Unless you purchase Canva for Work, it is limited on free images.
  • Would be nice to create transparent backgrounds in the free version.
  • Not the easiest to layer images on top of images.
For the price (especially the free version), there is no design platform that I have encountered that can rival the ease and professional look of Canva. It is perfect for small teams looking to make a big impact, but it may be too cookie cutter for bigger teams that are looking for a unique design that can't be found anywhere else.
December 27, 2018

Review: "Canva is a great option for beginner graphic designers!"

Canva is primarily used within the Communications Department of our organization to create graphics for flyers and social media. It's really helped bridge the gap of making content for our social media while also not having anyone in the office who technically does that job (we have no graphic designers on staff). Canva has helped us come up with quality content by allowing collaboration on the wording and design of templates through the software options, so it allows a lot of teamwork throughout the department.
  • Ease of use.
  • Variety of options (photos, shapes, lines, etc).
  • Options for downloading.
  • Possibility of collaboration.
  • Pre-made templates.
  • Paid elements of Canva intermixed with free elements.
  • Structure of the application sometimes inhibits creativity.
  • Use of "teams" makes finding your designs difficult sometimes.
Canva is an excellent software for beginner graphics. Due to the lack of complication, it's really easy for people who have never done graphics before to jump right into Canva and start creating designs. However, for individuals more experienced in the graphics abilities, it would definitely be frustrating. The application is very structured, and this lack of freedom may be irritating to someone who got their degree performing this type of work. In addition, in very professional environments, these designs can have an element of being "Canva-esque" and therefore may want to be avoided (essentially, people know you didn't spend money to create the design).
November 21, 2018

Canva Review: "Start Designing Right Away"

Our marketing department uses Canva to create content for our newsletters, blog, and events. Canva allows our marketing team to quickly produce original content and get marketing materials out to our fundraisers in a timely manner. Without Canva, our organization would need to hire more designers or outsource some of our marketing efforts to a third party.
  • Canva has many different saved templates for a whole host of uses including newsletters, presentations, banners, and brochures.
  • Canva's drag and drop design tool helps novices create and develop content for our organization.
  • Canva has a useful feature that allows any created content to be ready for print.
  • Canva is easy to pick up and start using, but it takes a while to understand all of its features.
  • Canva is meant to be used for novice designers, not professional graphic designers. For professional graphic designers, its features and capabilities may seem too basic.
  • The charts and graph functions are a bit limited as users cannot input own data and there are not many options for customization.
Canva is a wonderful software for making quick, professional-looking designs. The software allows even beginner designers to start creating with little to no training. The drag and drop design features are intuitive and easy to learn. However, for projects that require more complex and customized designs, Canva is not the best fit.

"Canva Review"

Canva is being used to create advertisements for upcoming events. For example, if we want to post flyers up Canva is a great way to get your creativity out there. Another good feature that Canva has is being able to send out the work you've created. An example of this could be not wanting to waste paper, and spreading the word to a large number of people. In my personal experience Canva is being used within a department. It solves the business problems of creativity, and getting the word out in a unique and eco-friendly way.
  • Organization - Canva is super user-friendly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to navigate through it and it allows for easy use from the customer. It's definitely a strength because similar products will be more complex and require you to have a better understanding of design techniques.
  • Variety - Canva has an extensive selection of different templates to use, as well as objects to create templates that are great for whatever you need.
  • Options - Canva gives you options for what you are looking to do. For example, it is not only a great site to create ads or advertisements for. It is also useful for other things such as photo editing.
  • Collaboration - There is not a way that you can collaborate with others from within. It would be cool if they created a feature to do that.
  • Price vs. quality - What you pay for is what you get. If you are using the free version there are some limitations that can't let you get as creative as you want to.
  • A good idea could be a have a likes and dislikes system where people can either like what you're doing, and maybe have a place to leave notes.
From personal experience, Canva is greatly suited for scenarios where you have to make some sort of advertisement or get the word out. For example, let's say there is a speaker coming to your job site and you want to have a big turn out, Canva can help create a cool and attractive flyer for you to send out. A less appropriate scenario would be to get RSVPs.
Sami Sonkowsky M.S.Ed profile photo
August 06, 2018

Review: "Canva - User Friendly and Easy to Learn"

Our department uses Canva to create social media marketing across over various online platforms. We use it to customize our posts and it is a standard product that we all use and we train our graduate students to use. We often submit requests for content to our communications department but this takes time and we have little to no creative say in the design process. Canva allows us to be creative!
  • User friendly.
  • Great templates for marketing, promotion, and design.
  • Anyone can learn to use it quickly.
  • More free content.
  • More fonts, we follow a style guide and need specific fonts for dept promotions.
  • More tools for words, curves would be nice!
Perfect for self-starters and those who want an easy outlet to be creative! Great for quick, professional-looking turn around for marketing, promotion, print, and digital media.
Read Sami Sonkowsky M.S.Ed's full review
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
June 28, 2018

"A Small Business Owner's Thoughts on Canva - An honest review"

We use Canva for quick on the fly designs, when we need to test a new idea or draw inspiration. We have found that while it is not a full-fledged design tool, everyone from professionals to beginners can use it and it is cost effective. It is mainly used by our marketing department and allows us to effectively design consistent branding images for our various platforms including print and online media.
  • The ability to save designs online automatically and share those designs with other team members is invaluable to us
  • The drag and drop functionality is very useful for quickly adding images or elements to a design that are not already available in the Canva platform
  • The mobile apps for various platforms allow us to see designs on the go and edit or change any designs
  • The branding option is great because we can use our own custom font and colors for different designs. Being able to duplicate and add our branding to different designs is a lifesaver
  • There are more templates and search functionality on the mobile apps than on the website. This is rather odd and makes the product a bit confusing to use. We sometimes have to find a design idea on the app then save it and use it on the web app. Would be easier if the ability to find designs was just baked into both web and mobile apps.
  • While it is a versatile design tool, Canva does not allow you to import just any fonts. Our team has had to find other workarounds to use the library of fonts we have as they cannot be imported into Canva, despite the functionality being advertised.
  • Being unable to import or export vectors or design files lets Canva down. As a tool that can be used by almost anyone, it needs some advanced features for professional designers. If we could export designs with layers or import them it would really make our workflow much easier.
Canva is best suited for anyone looking for a quick online design tool. Social media managers and web designers can benefit a lot from it. As well as small business owners who may not have money to hire a designer. For medium-size business and Enterprises, there are more advanced tools that can fill in the gap. We have found that Canva is a good alternative tool to Adobe's suite of products for quick design and also cost. However, for teams larger than 10 users, you may want to consider other alternatives.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Jason Glogau profile photo
October 18, 2018

Canva Review: "Easy-to-use design tool for social media pros & non-designers"

I use Canva myself for smaller design projects, mostly for social media applications. We're a small team, so efficiencies are key. I'm able to quickly create graphics that don't require elaborate work in InDesign from our expert designers. It is also a great tool for cropping images to the right dimensions for social media, and laying in our logo for branding purposes.
  • Canva's templates can be a huge time saver for creating graphics. I especially find these helpful when creating motivational quotes or holiday-themed images for social media.
  • Canva offers several export options, so whether you need a PNG or a PDF, for digital or for print, you've got it available.
  • Included with Canva is a library of stock photos and graphics that are free to use, and additional images that can be purchased. It's a mixed bag, but it's nice to have some assets easily available.
  • Canva allows you to save your brand's colors for easy application on future projects!
  • Canva has a lot of preset sizes for different applications, but I think they could do a better job of implementing all the proper social media sizes (though who can keep up with them?!)
  • A lot of features require a paid plan. Perfectly fine, but may not always fit for all users. This is hardly a criticism, but just something to be aware of based upon your needs.
Canva is an incredible tool for anyone who needs to create graphics, but don't need elaborate work done in the Adobe Creative Suite. Social media graphics, posters, blog images, etc. -- great application, especially if you aren't a graphic designer by day!

I don't think I'd use Canva for making multi-page brochures/booklets and really high-end products, but it wouldn't surprise me if Canva could handle that, too.
Read Jason Glogau's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
October 18, 2018

Canva Review: "Start Designing Today"

Canva is being used by our marketing department. Our marketing department uses Canva to create our weekly newsletter, promotional flyers, and company proposals. Canva allows our marketing team to develop marketing materials quickly and with a professional design. Because of its ease of use, our marketing team is able to push out content at a much faster pace.
  • Canva is very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Canva offers a wide range of pre-loaded design templates that can easily be customized to fit your organization or provide inspiration for your own designs.
  • Canva does not require any graphic design skills or knowledge of design programs.
  • For graphic designers, Canva cannot replace Photoshop or InDesign. In fact, most graphic designers would probably find Canva too basic.
  • Now that our team has used the program so much, I can always tell when materials have been designed in Canva. They seem to have a pretty similar look and design.
  • It would be nice if more design templates were constantly being uploaded.
Canva is perfect for those who want to create infographics, charts, marketing materials, etc but do not have any experience with graphic design. The program is designed to help create materials and content quickly. For that purpose, it does a great job, but the program cannot replace a true graphic designer. When my team really needs a truly professional designed item, we will turn to our graphic designer first.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Ben Rubenstein profile photo
August 30, 2018

Canva Review: "A time-saving tool for design novices"

We use Canva to create quick graphics for social media - both as a replacement tool for more intensive design in Photoshop, and also as a testing ground for images to see what will work in the various formats. It's helpful in saving time going back and forth with design, and saves some of the learning curve of more complicated design tools.
  • Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent.
  • Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards.
  • Quick and easy creation and download process.
  • Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared.
  • It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly.
  • Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.
Canva is great if you don't have a dedicated designer on your team, or need to create images quickly outside of a typical design process. It's also useful for organizations that have many users that need to create brand-compliant images. It doesn't take much training to get up and running.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review

About Canva

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).