https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/rd/k5/4H8W00AXNR7H.JPEGBeautiful graphics for designers and non-designers alike!I enjoy using Canva when I don't have immediate access to my computer. Through the use of the iOS app on my iPhone and access to my photos and files via dropbox, I am able to splice together nice social media graphics and promotional graphics for use on Instagram or Facebook. This is essential to my business promotion.,It has lovely templates if you want to start from a beautiful starting point. You can easily customize templates are start-from-scratch on your graphics. There are lots of free graphics to use, but you can also pay for more premium ones.,It is a little bit difficult to use on a tiny screen like the iPhone. I feel it would be easier to use on an iPad. The really nice graphics are only available at a cost.,8,Canva has helped me make lovely designs for free when I didn't have access to my computer. It is kind of time consuming if you're working on a small device.,9,7,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Hootsuite, BufferGreat for quick design projects without Adobe CCI use Canva in multiple ways: To create good looking social media posts.Proofs or ideas for branded stationary/business cards.Attractive poster formats.Typically, Canva is used by myself and others in my organization that aren't graphically talented. We can either use these products directly (which we often do for the social media posts) or send them to the graphics department to make a production-level version. This way, we can take some jobs off the plates of the graphics department and keep all departments more agile. This helps our business in allowing us to have a shorter production lead time and more agile, independent departments. Our social media posts can go from idea to production in a few minutes while retaining an attractive and professional appearance. Our Graphics Department doesn't get bogged down trying to create a new product or translate the vision of one of the non-design staffers.,Social media posts: The gallery of social media posts are great. We usually use the templates to show off reviews and testimonials, sale alerts, or new products. Business Stationary: The gallery has plenty of great templates to create business stationary such as letterhead, internal memos, and business cards. Design ideas: If you need something that looks professional but you aren't a great designer, Canva offers a wide selection of templates and ideas for you to piece together something that looks great. You can then use this as the production item, or send this off to a graphic designer to create and polish. Quick and easy editing: The design editor is pretty simple with a point and click interface. You don't need to be familiar with Photoshop, InDesign, or other programs, Canva makes editing pretty easy.,Perhaps it is a function of a higher pay-tier, but the ability to export the finished product into a different filetype would be helpful. Currently, it exports into .jpg, .png, and .pdf. Being able to use .doc, .eps, or .indd would be advantageous. Though Canva features a great font selection, it would a nice to be able to upload a font for use in the product.,9,Takes small jobs off the plate of a graphic designer. That means more time for bigger projects. Speeds graphic design production up by creating a mock-up of the intended project. Our Graphics Department won't need to spend as much time coming up with unique design choices or sending it back and forth for revisions. Keeps your department agile. Especially for social media, Canva's tools can create professional looking graphics in a few minutes, rather than hours.,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite,Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, eClincher, Cincopa, Facebook for Business, Notepad++, Chrome DevTools, Google Drive, BigCommerceCanva - incredibly simple and incredibly good!Canva is a really awesome tool for making graphic design projects (like flyers) super easily and conveniently. It really is amazing how easy they have made it to create things like flyers. I'm convinced that anyone at all could do it, even those who would not consider themselves to be tech savvy.,Easy to use Designs are clean and professional looking There are plenty of free template options,I would always like to see more free options Nothing else comes to mind,10,Since there is a free option, it is well worth the free try! The paid options also look great, so you can't go wrong with either route,10,9,Adobe PhotoshopCanva, the quick and easy designing toolCanva is an easy-to-use design web-based design software. Canva is used by our marketing team internally to create designs for a variety of mediums: handouts, flyers, social media, email banners, infographics, case studies, etc. Canva's simple-to-use and friendly functionality allow our entire team to contribute to design (following brand guidelines) easily.,Canva is easy to use for beginners or people with little design experience. Other tools such as Adobe Illustrator can be overwhelming to the beginner designer, but Canva is easy to learn. With a paid version of Canva, you can set up branding colors and font for your profile, helping everyone that interacts with and designs in the tool create collateral that aligns with your brand. Canva offers a variety of free and paid images (illustrations and photography) that your team can use, if you do not want to create a piece entirely from scratch, saving you time.,Canva does not allow you to underline text. That might not seem like a huge issue, but it is a tedious task to manually underline text with drawn lines. Canva had a security breach, and all of their users had to change their login information and passwords. Security breaches are never encouraging, and I'm glad our team downgraded from the paid version so that our payment information is no longer attached to our account. Canva should allow you to save your favorite illustrations or photos in a folder so you don't have to search terms and scroll for them every time.,9,Canva saves our team time. Our team is small, so we don't always have the time to design in Adobe Illustrator. Canva is simple and easy-to-use which allows our team to create design collateral quickly. Canva is an easy design tool for people with little design experience to create quality designs. This extends the talent and marketing reach of our team to create visual components to compliment our marketing content. I do not recommend Canva for large design projects or anything website/blog based. Instead, use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.,Adobe Illustrator CC and Adobe PhotoshopCanva - the best design software for business professionals and entrepreneursI use Canva to create social media images and thumbnails for our clients. Canva is extremely easy to use with a drag and drop editor options to create anything from graphics to PowerPoint presentations. Canva includes shapes, charts, images and other graphics that will aid in making your presentation or graphic above the competition.,Social media templates. Correct sizing for Pinterest graphics. Overlaying text on photos. Charts and graphics are customizable.,I don't have any suggestions for improvement. I truly love using Canva.,10,Sped up my design process. Allows me to spend more one on one time consulting with clients. Frees up extra market research time.,Adobe InDesignCanva: the perfect solution for social media shares.I run a small online 3D printing service. Canva is used by only me. It solves my start-up's social media campaign design problems. Canva is an easy online tool to use. You can create leaflets, posters, business cards, banners, and other cool things with Canva. It is then very easy to share them online social media platforms. Or you could save them on your device. Canva has ready stencils or designs which are useful for projects.,Quick to produce social media content You can use it on the cloud. No need for downloading software. Canva has the ability to create content for different social media platforms. For example, you could create posts just fit for Instagram in square format. You could write an e-book with Canva.,Canva's mobile app has more design restrictions than the browser app. It is a little bit hard to use on mobile devices. Templates section could be broadened to other new business areas, like 3D printing. Direct social media sharing options within Canva are limited to Facebook and Twitter. There should be other media options such as Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.,10,Using Canva on social media posts has a big effect on its visibility. Canva's fancy design features attract peoples attention. I use Canva's free version. My business benefited from even this free version of Canva. No cost at all. I'm sure that without Canva, there would be fewer followers on social media, like Twitter or Instagram, for my business.,,1,1,Creating social media posts Writing ebook Social media account headers. Creating infographics.,I'm writing an ebook on Canva. There's a method called lithophane which means creating 3d relief objects from photos. I add texts to my photos which would be lithophane afterwards.,I might be design my promotional items like T-Shirts on Canva.,5Canva - A Great Investment for Professional Design Without Breaking the BankCanva is used by our division to support our marketing and communications needs, including creating visuals for social media platforms, flyers, digital signage, brochures, pamphlets, and more. It is used throughout our division by various departments due to its ease of use and ability to create professional documents with little design experience.,Interface is intuitive and easy to learn. Templates provide excellent starting point for those who are not professional designers. Library of stock icons, images, and shapes is robust.,Language regarding licenses is somewhat confusing.,9,Decreased amount of time needed to spend per project. Allowed us to create professional content at half the cost.Canva is the solution for anyone looking to create their own designI use Canva for work (the paid version) every single day and I create social media posts for clients all around the world. I also partnered with Digital Marketing Agencies and I provide social media posts, banners, flyers and much more. Since I work as a graphic designer, Canva helps me to save a lot of time because of all the tools available (paid version). I can also find a lot of high-quality pictures, icons, etc. for free instead of having to use websites like Pixabay, Pexels, FlatIcon, etc.,They have a great stock of images and icons available Templates are also a huge plus so depending on the design I don't need to create everything from scratch The paid version is not expensive in my opinion based on how much time you can save just by using this tool It's easy to use even for someone who is just starting,I would like to be able to add shadow behind text or icons Easier way to center icons, texts, images, etc Find a better way to find folders / templates I created in the past just by typing certain keywords,9,I work full time as graphic designer and web-developer. Canva is by far the best tool for certain jobs like Social Media Content, Facebook Covers, etc. It saves me a lot of time when I need to find images and icons. It also allows me to keep images I upload inside folders which is a huge plus. The templates available are awesome, it gives me tons of ideas & inspirations when I need to create something new for a client.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CCCanva: A nice design toolWe use Canva for a lot of our images for organic and paid efforts, particularly for social media. We've used it some for printed media like eBooks and data sheets as well. We've found it does best for the more simple images because a lot of the functionality like bolding, linking words and etc is not incredibly easy for longer form content. The free images and such are good, and so are the premium ones. It's a bit annoying that things are shown to be $1 but then actually cost $11, though. We wish that it was a bit easier to make long-form content as well.,Social Media Images. Free stock images. Easy and quick design for beginners.,Longer form content -- Canva hard to use and clunky. A better folder system -- we don't want to have to see all designs. A better system for searching for images and such.,9,Helps us get paid social campaigns live faster than waiting for a full mood board from a designer. Gives new life to our organic posts and increases interaction with fun images. Hasn't replaced a full-time designer.,Adobe Illustrator CC,JazzHR, Workable, ZapierI love Canva! It's easy to use and easy to print, free marketing material creation!I use Canva to create custom Pinterest graphics, to create marketing materials and online educational packets. I also use it to design email headers, thank you cards, and other promotional materials. It is much better than having ot buy and pay for Adobe Illustrator and much quicker to use than any other program.,Assortment of designs Perfect quality for printing Fast turn around time for orders Color codes are easy to implement Uploading images is easy Duplicating designs is easy to do,Sometimes my design gets saved weird, so that when I hit undo it reverts to a version that is too far back I wish the resize document feature was free Deleting images is a pain, I wish there was a bulk editor for photos Finding free designs, graphics or elements is difficult,10,Free marketing material creation Quick turnaround time when I need something designed I can even share my design with friends who are graphic designers to get their feedback,Acuity Scheduling, Squarespace, Mailchimp,Yes,,10,NoPerfect creative tool for solo-preneuers!Canva is used almost every day to create email campaigns, social media posts, online ads, and to keep our branding formats listed for the entire team. Canva is used by the entire Design Team and Marketing Team. The business problem it addresses is keeping our digital materials standardized, and a way to quickly and easily design any marketing material and keep track of them. Canva provides so many templates and designs to help guide the creative process of creating our own materials, and we mostly use Canva as a starting point for our creatives and love having the ability to customize.,Easily create and customize any marketing campaign Access to tons of fonts, images, and resources to guide your creativity. Project history and brand asset tracking so your team stays up to date and can reference previously used designs. Ability to create your own custom templates to use over and over. They offer a design school/easy training so you can create better creatives.,Selecting multiple objects at once to move or copy tend to cause glitches and are difficult to process altogether. There is no collaborative way to work with other members of your team on one project. It would be nice to see comments and edits from other members in an effort to design together. Some icons, images and templates can be overpriced.,8,Reducing the need to hire an in house graphic designer. Ability to create more social media posts easily and keep our account fresh. More marketing materials to present.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Illustrator CC, Mailchimp, Adobe Photoshop,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't change anything.Still a good choice in the market they helped createWe used Canva to generate all of our social media graphics and images. Currently there are three of us who need access to the designs, and we're all able to use designs out of a shared folder so that we can keep everything in the same place. As far as I know, it's the market leader (and it certainly was the pioneer) in the "visual design for amateurs" category.,allows just about anyone to create just about any kind of social media image asset size templates take the guesswork out of dimensions drag and drop interface makes it simple enough for anyone to figure out they continue to innovate the product despite many "me-too" products,they struggle do differentiate in the market that they essentially created image editing options still somewhat limited compared to more robust traditional editors no help with design -- it's still too easy to create something hideous,7,We don't measure social media ROI so it's hard to tell, but it's definitely helped bring a visual element to our SMM Their generous free tier means all it takes is time It allows anyone to look more professional,PromoRepublicCanva for DesignCanva is being used by the Digital Learning Department to create banners, icons, badges, flyers, etc. There are also some teachers who are using Canva with students for student-created work.,Variety of templates Ease of use Easy to download and share,Organization options Free features vs paid features,9,Free features are nice,,Canvas,Easy to use templates. Ability to save branded colors. Multiple layouts and design options.,Limited download options for the free version.,Yes, but I don't use it,9Design anything with ease.In my company, various departments need picture editing tools for creating newsletters, posters, cards etc. Canva is helping them to do so. In my department, I use this software for creating informative templates which I use in my newsletters. Sometimes I use it to create beautiful greeting cards and e-cards during festivals.,Its web interface is very intuitive. It helps users to navigate very easily. They have a wide variety of pre-made templates in various categories. They provide results in JPEG, PNG and PDF format as well.,Its mobile app is not as intuitive as its web application. It also hangs sometimes. Sometimes I find it difficult to match the canvas size with the size of my uploaded image. It doesn't fit, even after stretching it. Some of the pre-made templates are very expensive.,9,It helps me to create very professional newsletters at a very reasonable cost. And those newsletters create a very positive impact on my clients. It saves on stationery design cost also. We design our department's stationery on this tool only. We also design our company's collaterals on this software.,,Skype, PDFfiller, Paytm, Smallpdf, SendPulse, Mailchimp, PayPal Payments, Apple iCloud, ZoomInfo, Sender.netIncrease Productivity with this $0/mo Graphic Design SolutionAs the sole owner/employee, I have used Canva for mockups, social posts, ebooks etc. It is a quick alternative to Indesign or Photoshop (though those items are still needed).,Social posts. Social profile images and banners. ebooks.,Adding transparency while editing. No eraser for uploaded images. Simple shapes with height and width options.,10,Canva has increased productivity. It has decreased multiple subscription costs (I'm using only Canva now). Quick and easy to teach clients - eliminating support tickets.,Adobe Photoshop,MailerLite, Calendly, SquarespaceCanva - Your own in-house artist for a fraction of the costCanva is used mainly by our online marketing folks. We use it to create social media headers (LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook), thumbnails for video content, blog post headers, one-page overviews (PDF) and other graphics. The main reason we use this software is that a non-designer type of person can quickly jump in, find a template which introduces a really nice color schema, font family and graphics that work for our project. We have also uploaded our official color palette so these colors are incorporated when we initiate a new design.,Canva allows us to create very professional art for our online presence in many ways. Canva also outputs the graphics in the way we need: .png and .jpg for online articles and social media and .pdf for print or collateral material. It has almost no learning curve. Sign up and try a project with it, it's super easy to get into. You are able to start with a free level that gives you a lot of features. We used the free one for quite some time to make sure it was the proper tool for us and then we went "PRO".,We'd like to be able to tag and classify our past graphics in folders in an easier way. For some reason, we aren't able to use the drag and drop function while using FireFox. This maybe a cache or cookie issue on our side which we are looking into.,10,While we are all about supporting artists and paying for artists talent, we are far too small of an organization to have an on-staff artist. Canva allows someone with ok design skills to really produce quality images. The interface is simple to use, allowing us to add thumbnails to social media headers and posts quickly and without slowing down our work flow.,OmniGraffle,OmniGraffle, OmniFocusA simple platform to create beautiful designs for non-professional graphic artistsCanva makes it easy to create beautiful, eye-catching yet simple graphics. It easy to convert graphics into a different size format with all the most common size format already available. It is copy and paste.,Extensive library of pre-set templates and formats. Drag and drop for ease. Variety of styles, fonts, drawing, shapes, and icons. Simple to use.,Limited color to play with for text and background. Can be buggy at times and slow to respond. Could benefit from more templates.,8,Makes graphic design easier. Saves time. Gives plenty of design ideas with the library of templates. Makes it easy and fast to resize images and graphics to multiple formats.,AgoraPulse, ActiveCampaign, LoomBest Graphic Design SoftwareCanva is used for all of our marketing images, business cards, and forms. The marketing images are used for print, online marketing, Wordpress posts/pages, and email campaigns. With Canva, we do not need to employ or contract a graphics designer. It can be accessed online and it is very easy to use.,Creating images Creating marketing pieces Creating digital business cards,10,Reduced costs, we no longer hire a graphics designer Create custom marketing campaigns which has helped build our brand Saves time because it is so easy to use,,Google Analytics, GitHub, GoDaddyOne of the best design tools you'll ever findI use Canva to make PDF presentations, social media images, flyers, and e-book covers for an Architecture company in Kenya.I needed a way to make marketing assets fast, and while Photoshop and Adobe Spark were both good options, Canva was not only the easiest to use and share with others, but the mobile app helped me make designs from my phone or tablet.,PDF Presentations: It is unbelievably difficult to make a decent powerpoint presentation on a phone or tablet. Canva's mobile app and the different presentation templates have helped me prepare presentations for a meeting and speaking events eBook Covers/ebooks: I had to convert several blog posts into a downloadable pdf ebook for visitors as a lead generating asset, and while I usually used Indesign (or MS WORD) and Photoshop to create the ebook and ebook cover, I decided to check out Canva's ebook cover template and discovered that I could create a simple yet stylish ebook cover, and if I added other pages I could paste the content of the blog post and create the book in Canva. Social Media Images: 80% of the time when I use Canva it's to make social media images, cover/header images for Facebook and Twitter. The Instagram story template also works for branded WhatsApps statuses.,I really dislike how sometimes my work isn't automatically saved for some reason, and I'm prompted to reload the design and the past second's work is just gone. I've not experienced this on their android app, but it happens to me at least once every two weeks on the online/desktop site. The Undo/Redo option is glitchy sometimes, and after I accidentally or otherwise delete an element when I try to undo it, sometimes it doesn't come back. Even worse, if I click undo twice I might end up losing a lot of my design progress which the redo option for some reason cannot restore.,10,Increased engagement on social media posts with images created with Canva, which has especially translated into sales queries on Facebook. Our PDF ebooks have ended up being a great conversation starter with potential clients.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CCCanva is a great free ad generating softwareCanva is used for creating social media marketing material for small campaigns. The problem is that there are very few free programs that allow startups to create good flyer-like ads for social media. This is being used in the marketing department of the company and they love the product so far. There are a lot of customizations even with the free version.,Canva is very user-friendly because it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out. Canva does not have a long setup process which is good for someone who wants to test it out.,There are limitations for the free version and the bill can add up if you want to used the paid options. Canva needs to have more functionality in terms of editing portions like selecting unusual shapes of an image to crop.,8,Canva has had a positive ROI because it has produced some results while costing nothing.,Adobe Photoshop,SOLIDWORKSEasy-to-use design tool for social media pros & non-designersI use Canva myself for smaller design projects, mostly for social media applications. We're a small team, so efficiencies are key. I'm able to quickly create graphics that don't require elaborate work in InDesign from our expert designers. It is also a great tool for cropping images to the right dimensions for social media, and laying in our logo for branding purposes.,Canva's templates can be a huge time saver for creating graphics. I especially find these helpful when creating motivational quotes or holiday-themed images for social media. Canva offers several export options, so whether you need a PNG or a PDF, for digital or for print, you've got it available. Included with Canva is a library of stock photos and graphics that are free to use, and additional images that can be purchased. It's a mixed bag, but it's nice to have some assets easily available. Canva allows you to save your brand's colors for easy application on future projects!,Canva has a lot of preset sizes for different applications, but I think they could do a better job of implementing all the proper social media sizes (though who can keep up with them?!) A lot of features require a paid plan. Perfectly fine, but may not always fit for all users. This is hardly a criticism, but just something to be aware of based upon your needs.,10,The key impact Canva has had is creating efficiencies by enabling me to create many of my own graphics, saving time and energy. Most of my needs can be handled immediately within the platform. It not only saves me time (and eliminates wait time), but also saves our designers time.,AgoraPulse, Slack, TrelloStart Designing TodayCanva is being used by our marketing department. Our marketing department uses Canva to create our weekly newsletter, promotional flyers, and company proposals. Canva allows our marketing team to develop marketing materials quickly and with a professional design. Because of its ease of use, our marketing team is able to push out content at a much faster pace.,Canva is very intuitive and easy to use. Canva offers a wide range of pre-loaded design templates that can easily be customized to fit your organization or provide inspiration for your own designs. Canva does not require any graphic design skills or knowledge of design programs.,For graphic designers, Canva cannot replace Photoshop or InDesign. In fact, most graphic designers would probably find Canva too basic. Now that our team has used the program so much, I can always tell when materials have been designed in Canva. They seem to have a pretty similar look and design. It would be nice if more design templates were constantly being uploaded.,8,Canva allows our sales staff to create quick promotional materials that fit their specific needs instead of having to submit a request to our marketing team. Canva allows our organization to create and publish more content. For example, we now publish a weekly newsletter instead of a monthly newletter. Canva also helps our professional graphic designers spend more time on their designs because they do not have to spend as much time working on basic design materials.,Adobe Photoshop,QuickBooks Online, Insightly, Periscope DataA time-saving tool for design novicesWe use Canva to create quick graphics for social media - both as a replacement tool for more intensive design in Photoshop, and also as a testing ground for images to see what will work in the various formats. It's helpful in saving time going back and forth with design, and saves some of the learning curve of more complicated design tools.,Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent. Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards. Quick and easy creation and download process.,Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared. It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly. Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.,8,The time saved has been very nice for me - and for our overburdened design team. The ability to develop more social media images allows for creation of more social media posts, meaning more visibility for my organization. It's had a hand in changing people's perspectives about design, which is less tangible but important for addressing marketing needs.,Adobe Photoshop,Skype, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Google Search ConsoleEasily Create Professonal GraphicsWe use Canva as a way to create professional looking marketing materials. We are using the non-profit version which Canva kindly provides to non-profits.,Easy to use Tons of templates Unlimited options for creativity,It would be nice if there were different file size options or a file size reducer,10,Increased social media interactions Increased development dollars Higher quality website images,,Trello, Asana, BasecampCanva: Pretty pretty and pretty simple.I have used Canva to build infographics and to put together a case study packet for a client. I don't use it all the time-- it lends itself to specific types of project. I use it like you might use MS Publisher (only Canva's learning curve is easier on my back).,Canva makes it very easy to change your mind about what goes where. Canva's chart/graph tool is decent for basic data representation. Cava's palette tool is useful for replicating brand colors around a document. You just take the hex code from your brand documents and drop them in to create a palette.,Canva, as a tool that seems to lend itself to information representation, doesn't have any means for managing and representing more complex data relationships. I found myself making charts in Google Sheets, exporting the charts as .png files, and uploading them to Canva.,8,Canva makes BIG files. It may be that I didn't understand how to do otherwise, but that nearly cost me when I was trying to rush a job to the print shop for a client (hadn't realize it wouldn't send by email until I got there and it hadn't shown up). It would be great if there were ways to compress files inside the program rather than seeking another solution. That said, I was in a hurry and should've seen that the file was pretty big. Overall, though, clients have been happy with what I make for them in Canva-- and it's a lot faster than building from scratch in Gimp or Adobe. I'm not a designer.,,Google Forms, HubSpot CRM
Canva

Canva Reviews

Canva

Filter 256 vetted Canva reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Mandy Cramer profile photo
August 15, 2019

Beautiful graphics for designers and non-designers alike!

• It has lovely templates if you want to start from a beautiful starting point.
  • You can easily customize templates are start-from-scratch on your graphics.
  • There are lots of free graphics to use, but you can also pay for more premium ones.
  • It is a little bit difficult to use on a tiny screen like the iPhone. I feel it would be easier to use on an iPad.
  • The really nice graphics are only available at a cost.
Canva is a really nice app for businesses that don't have professional designers on staff. While I am a full-time graphic designer, I have also used it when I need a simple graphic to make up for creating posts or stories to promote my business on Instagram or Facebook. I can, of course, do more effects using a professional graphic design program, but Canva is perfect when you're on the go.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Scott Walker profile photo
April 23, 2019

Great for quick design projects without Adobe CC

I use Canva in multiple ways:
  • To create good looking social media posts.
  • Proofs or ideas for branded stationary/business cards.
  • Attractive poster formats.

• Social media posts: The gallery of social media posts are great. We usually use the templates to show off reviews and testimonials, sale alerts, or new products.
  • Business Stationary: The gallery has plenty of great templates to create business stationary such as letterhead, internal memos, and business cards.
  • Design ideas: If you need something that looks professional but you aren't a great designer, Canva offers a wide selection of templates and ideas for you to piece together something that looks great. You can then use this as the production item, or send this off to a graphic designer to create and polish.
  • Quick and easy editing: The design editor is pretty simple with a point and click interface. You don't need to be familiar with Photoshop, InDesign, or other programs, Canva makes editing pretty easy.
  • Perhaps it is a function of a higher pay-tier, but the ability to export the finished product into a different filetype would be helpful. Currently, it exports into .jpg, .png, and .pdf. Being able to use .doc, .eps, or .indd would be advantageous.
  • Though Canva features a great font selection, it would a nice to be able to upload a font for use in the product.
Canva is great for quick, easy, and attractive pieces. This is best used by those that have a good eye for what looks good, but not the technical skills in Photoshop or Indesign to create the finished product. This is great for jobs on the go, quick social media shares or document creation.

For larger applications that require the use of a lot of brand-specific assets, use a proper design program and someone trained to use it. Canva does not replace a graphic design department or agency.
Read Scott Walker's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
August 09, 2019

Canva - incredibly simple and incredibly good!

• Designs are clean and professional looking
  • There are plenty of free template options
  • I would always like to see more free options
  • Nothing else comes to mind
Canva is the perfect tool for anyone who wants to make things like flyers but doesn't have the expertise, skills, or time to make them from scratch on their own. It makes doing these simple graphic design projects so easy and user friendly. I would highly recommend it for anyone at all.
Read Matt Graf's full review
Rachel Green profile photo
July 17, 2019

Canva, the quick and easy designing tool

• Canva is easy to use for beginners or people with little design experience. Other tools such as Adobe Illustrator can be overwhelming to the beginner designer, but Canva is easy to learn.
  • With a paid version of Canva, you can set up branding colors and font for your profile, helping everyone that interacts with and designs in the tool create collateral that aligns with your brand.
  • Canva offers a variety of free and paid images (illustrations and photography) that your team can use, if you do not want to create a piece entirely from scratch, saving you time.
  • Canva does not allow you to underline text. That might not seem like a huge issue, but it is a tedious task to manually underline text with drawn lines.
  • Canva had a security breach, and all of their users had to change their login information and passwords. Security breaches are never encouraging, and I'm glad our team downgraded from the paid version so that our payment information is no longer attached to our account.
  • Canva should allow you to save your favorite illustrations or photos in a folder so you don't have to search terms and scroll for them every time.
Canva is well suited for a designer with little experience that is looking to create something quickly without sacrificing quality. For larger design projects (Press Releases, Infographics, Case Studies) and anything that is website/blog based I recommend having an experienced designer use Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop to create those designs following brand guidelines.
Read Rachel Green's full review
Shawn Strasburg profile photo
July 05, 2019

Canva - the best design software for business professionals and entrepreneurs

• Social media templates.
  • Correct sizing for Pinterest graphics.
  • Overlaying text on photos.
  • Charts and graphics are customizable.
  • I don't have any suggestions for improvement. I truly love using Canva.
Are you in dire need of some social media graphics for a client? Canva is the best design service that takes the headache out of designing. All you need to do is choose from one of the available templates or make a custom-sized canvas to fit your clients needs. Next use the supplied background and font layouts bring your vision to life. These layouts are packed full of different fonts and flyer templates, depends if you want a complete template or just a nice background to start Canva has you covered.
Read Shawn Strasburg's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
June 23, 2019

Canva: the perfect solution for social media shares.

• Quick to produce social media content
  • You can use it on the cloud. No need for downloading software.
  • Canva has the ability to create content for different social media platforms. For example, you could create posts just fit for Instagram in square format.
  • You could write an e-book with Canva.
  • Canva's mobile app has more design restrictions than the browser app. It is a little bit hard to use on mobile devices.
  • Templates section could be broadened to other new business areas, like 3D printing.
  • Direct social media sharing options within Canva are limited to Facebook and Twitter. There should be other media options such as Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Canva is ideal for all kinds of businesses. But it fits perfectly for a new start-up company. I love that it's free. Of course, Canva has paid areas but for a first-time user, there's no need to pay. Canva has a developing interface. There have been a number of feature additions to it within the last year. Canva has limited photo editing tools, though. Thus, you might need another software to edit your photos.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
David Sedillo profile photo
June 20, 2019

Canva - A Great Investment for Professional Design Without Breaking the Bank

• Interface is intuitive and easy to learn.
  • Templates provide excellent starting point for those who are not professional designers.
  • Library of stock icons, images, and shapes is robust.
  • Language regarding licenses is somewhat confusing.
  • Great for beginners to graphic design.
  • Perfect to use for time-sensitive projects.
  • Exporting options are easy to navigate.
  • Projects can be ordered to be printed directly on the platform.
Read David Sedillo's full review
Renan Viana profile photo
April 10, 2019

Canva is the solution for anyone looking to create their own design

• They have a great stock of images and icons available
  • Templates are also a huge plus so depending on the design I don't need to create everything from scratch
  • The paid version is not expensive in my opinion based on how much time you can save just by using this tool
  • It's easy to use even for someone who is just starting
  • I would like to be able to add shadow behind text or icons
  • Easier way to center icons, texts, images, etc
  • Find a better way to find folders / templates I created in the past just by typing certain keywords
Canva is ideal for anyone looking to create great designs (Social Media posts, brochures, flyers, and even a basic logo). Canva wouldn't be the best option if you are looking to design something complex, remove background, crop items, add effects on images or texts, etc.
Read Renan Viana's full review
Savannah Rezabek profile photo
April 04, 2019

Canva: A nice design tool

• Social Media Images.
  • Free stock images.
  • Easy and quick design for beginners.
  • Longer form content -- Canva hard to use and clunky.
  • A better folder system -- we don't want to have to see all designs.
  • A better system for searching for images and such.
Canva is great for quick images, particularly more simple images. It's awesome for social media. I wouldn't use it if you want really effect heavy images with layering and custom designs -- in that case you're going to need an Adobe or similar product. It does some things like filters and gradients, or vignettes, but it's not a full and robust design tool for super professional looking white papers and such. It is, however, great for small teams with little to no design experience, or teams that have a designer and want to easily add text or what have you.
Read Savannah Rezabek's full review
Josephine Stafford profile photo
February 25, 2019

• Assortment of designs
  • Perfect quality for printing
  • Fast turn around time for orders
  • Color codes are easy to implement
  • Uploading images is easy
  • Duplicating designs is easy to do
  • Sometimes my design gets saved weird, so that when I hit undo it reverts to a version that is too far back
  • I wish the resize document feature was free
  • Deleting images is a pain, I wish there was a bulk editor for photos
  • Finding free designs, graphics or elements is difficult
Canva is perfect for small business owners and for people looking to create fun designs. It's better than paying for a premade design on Minted or Zazzle and the print quality is equal. You have more flexibility with Canva. I also use it for personal things like showers or Christmas present projects, easy to use and easy to print!
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
June 25, 2019

Perfect creative tool for solo-preneuers!

• Easily create and customize any marketing campaign
  • Access to tons of fonts, images, and resources to guide your creativity.
  • Project history and brand asset tracking so your team stays up to date and can reference previously used designs.
  • Ability to create your own custom templates to use over and over.
  • They offer a design school/easy training so you can create better creatives.
  • Selecting multiple objects at once to move or copy tend to cause glitches and are difficult to process altogether.
  • There is no collaborative way to work with other members of your team on one project. It would be nice to see comments and edits from other members in an effort to design together.
  • Some icons, images and templates can be overpriced.
Canva is perfect for the solo-preneur or graphic design beginner. There are so many designs, images and guides to help you get started and it really takes little customization to make a design your own or spark that creativity. Canva is perfect for designing email marketing and you could spend a few hours creating multiple sales emails and templates so all you have to do is send them when the time comes. Canva can also be used to help aid in website design. If you need icons, graphics, or pages designed, you can customize it in Canva and paste the entire graphic on the site so you don't have to use very much coding on your site. Canva is perfect for those 5-minute posts you need to throw together for keeping your business relevant on social media.
April 02, 2019

Still a good choice in the market they helped create

• allows just about anyone to create just about any kind of social media image asset
  • size templates take the guesswork out of dimensions
  • drag and drop interface makes it simple enough for anyone to figure out
  • they continue to innovate the product despite many "me-too" products
  • they struggle do differentiate in the market that they essentially created
  • image editing options still somewhat limited compared to more robust traditional editors
  • no help with design -- it's still too easy to create something hideous
You still need to have a basic eye for design. It takes the tech aspect out of it. If you have an idea of what makes a graphic look good, you can create it fairly easily in Canva. However, non-designers beware. "Easy to use" does NOT equal "easy to make something that looks good."
March 16, 2019

Canva for Design

• Variety of templates
  • Ease of use
  • Easy to download and share
  • Organization options
  • Free features vs paid features
Canva is great for student-created projects: posters, flyers, etc. Canva also works great for LMS customization options. Using Canva, our department has created flyers, menus, handouts, badges, and more. I am not a huge fan of Canva for presentations though.
March 07, 2019

Design anything with ease.

• Its web interface is very intuitive. It helps users to navigate very easily.
  • They have a wide variety of pre-made templates in various categories.
  • They provide results in JPEG, PNG and PDF format as well.
  • Its mobile app is not as intuitive as its web application. It also hangs sometimes.
  • Sometimes I find it difficult to match the canvas size with the size of my uploaded image. It doesn't fit, even after stretching it.
  • Some of the pre-made templates are very expensive.
This application is very good at editing pictures for creating beautiful newsletters, posters, greeting cards, flyers etc. Canva provides various fonts and color pallets to design a template as per users' requirements. During festivals, I use this software to design greeting cards for my colleagues in my company. After designing them on this App I print them on premium paper sheets in high resolution. Everyone likes these greetings, and have said they looked like professionally designed greetings.
Elizabeth Pampalone profile photo
February 21, 2019

Increase Productivity with this $0/mo Graphic Design Solution

• Social posts.
  • Social profile images and banners.
  • ebooks.
  • Adding transparency while editing.
  • No eraser for uploaded images.
  • Simple shapes with height and width options.
I recommend Canva to all small business clients. It saves them time and money on simple graphic design items. Canva is not really suited for graphic designers as they need more control than Canva can offer at this time.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
February 04, 2019

Canva - Your own in-house artist for a fraction of the cost

• Canva allows us to create very professional art for our online presence in many ways.
  • Canva also outputs the graphics in the way we need: .png and .jpg for online articles and social media and .pdf for print or collateral material.
  • It has almost no learning curve. Sign up and try a project with it, it's super easy to get into.
  • You are able to start with a free level that gives you a lot of features. We used the free one for quite some time to make sure it was the proper tool for us and then we went "PRO".
  • We'd like to be able to tag and classify our past graphics in folders in an easier way. For some reason, we aren't able to use the drag and drop function while using FireFox. This maybe a cache or cookie issue on our side which we are looking into.
This is great for online content. If you produce youtube videos, blog posts, or really any social media posts, the quality of the thumbnail or social media header is crucial. Also, if you need to output a social media header in many formats - this is the perfect tool. In most cases, you can choose the social media app you are creating for and Canva will automatically set the size in pixels so you can get started right away. We used to have templates of each social media app and this would change. We now let Canva do this for us now.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching profile photo
January 16, 2019

• Extensive library of pre-set templates and formats.
  • Drag and drop for ease.
  • Variety of styles, fonts, drawing, shapes, and icons.
  • Simple to use.
  • Limited color to play with for text and background.
  • Can be buggy at times and slow to respond.
  • Could benefit from more templates.
Useful for creating graphics for social media banners (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram), Facebook Ads, YouTube video thumbnails and marketing collateral.
Read Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
January 01, 2019

Best Graphic Design Software

• Creating images
  • Creating marketing pieces
  • Creating digital business cards
Designing images for marketing pieces, like flyers and posters
Designing graphics for websites and email campaigns
Designing digital business cards
Designing business forms and resumes
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Abigail Nwaocha profile photo
December 21, 2018

One of the best design tools you'll ever find

• PDF Presentations: It is unbelievably difficult to make a decent powerpoint presentation on a phone or tablet. Canva's mobile app and the different presentation templates have helped me prepare presentations for a meeting and speaking events
  • eBook Covers/ebooks: I had to convert several blog posts into a downloadable pdf ebook for visitors as a lead generating asset, and while I usually used Indesign (or MS WORD) and Photoshop to create the ebook and ebook cover, I decided to check out Canva's ebook cover template and discovered that I could create a simple yet stylish ebook cover, and if I added other pages I could paste the content of the blog post and create the book in Canva.
  • Social Media Images: 80% of the time when I use Canva it's to make social media images, cover/header images for Facebook and Twitter. The Instagram story template also works for branded WhatsApps statuses.
  • I really dislike how sometimes my work isn't automatically saved for some reason, and I'm prompted to reload the design and the past second's work is just gone. I've not experienced this on their android app, but it happens to me at least once every two weeks on the online/desktop site.
  • The Undo/Redo option is glitchy sometimes, and after I accidentally or otherwise delete an element when I try to undo it, sometimes it doesn't come back. Even worse, if I click undo twice I might end up losing a lot of my design progress which the redo option for some reason cannot restore.
Not everyone is great with making designs on Photoshop-- Canva can be used to make almost any design, be it a presentation, flyer, logo (their logo design options are painfully limited but it's a good start), social media images, infographics etc. The best part about Canva is that not only does it work for businesses of all sizes, or personal projects, but it's very easy to use and the interface is friendly.
Read Abigail Nwaocha's full review
Daniel Choi profile photo
December 07, 2018

Canva is a great free ad generating software

• Canva is very user-friendly because it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out.
  • Canva does not have a long setup process which is good for someone who wants to test it out.
  • There are limitations for the free version and the bill can add up if you want to used the paid options.
  • Canva needs to have more functionality in terms of editing portions like selecting unusual shapes of an image to crop.
Canva is well suited for beginner marketing personnel with a limited budget. Canva is not suited for a large corporation that has money to hire graphic designers. Photoshop and Illustrator should be used instead.
Read Daniel Choi's full review
Jason Glogau profile photo
October 18, 2018

Easy-to-use design tool for social media pros & non-designers

• Canva's templates can be a huge time saver for creating graphics. I especially find these helpful when creating motivational quotes or holiday-themed images for social media.
  • Canva offers several export options, so whether you need a PNG or a PDF, for digital or for print, you've got it available.
  • Included with Canva is a library of stock photos and graphics that are free to use, and additional images that can be purchased. It's a mixed bag, but it's nice to have some assets easily available.
  • Canva allows you to save your brand's colors for easy application on future projects!
  • Canva has a lot of preset sizes for different applications, but I think they could do a better job of implementing all the proper social media sizes (though who can keep up with them?!)
  • A lot of features require a paid plan. Perfectly fine, but may not always fit for all users. This is hardly a criticism, but just something to be aware of based upon your needs.
Canva is an incredible tool for anyone who needs to create graphics, but don't need elaborate work done in the Adobe Creative Suite. Social media graphics, posters, blog images, etc. -- great application, especially if you aren't a graphic designer by day!

I don't think I'd use Canva for making multi-page brochures/booklets and really high-end products, but it wouldn't surprise me if Canva could handle that, too.
Read Jason Glogau's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
October 18, 2018

Start Designing Today

• Canva is very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Canva offers a wide range of pre-loaded design templates that can easily be customized to fit your organization or provide inspiration for your own designs.
  • Canva does not require any graphic design skills or knowledge of design programs.
  • For graphic designers, Canva cannot replace Photoshop or InDesign. In fact, most graphic designers would probably find Canva too basic.
  • Now that our team has used the program so much, I can always tell when materials have been designed in Canva. They seem to have a pretty similar look and design.
  • It would be nice if more design templates were constantly being uploaded.
Canva is perfect for those who want to create infographics, charts, marketing materials, etc but do not have any experience with graphic design. The program is designed to help create materials and content quickly. For that purpose, it does a great job, but the program cannot replace a true graphic designer. When my team really needs a truly professional designed item, we will turn to our graphic designer first.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Ben Rubenstein profile photo
August 30, 2018

A time-saving tool for design novices

• Custom templates that enable you to lock down elements of an image (such as a logo placement) to ensure that images remain consistent.
  • Consistently updated image sizes to keep you in compliance with changing social media standards.
  • Quick and easy creation and download process.
  • Template/image sharing can be a bit clunky - I've run into issues where another user was unable to edit what I'd shared.
  • It'd be nice if I could integrate it more with my social media calendar to bring images from creation to sharing even more quickly.
  • Pricing for some of the designs is a little expensive.
Canva is great if you don't have a dedicated designer on your team, or need to create images quickly outside of a typical design process. It's also useful for organizations that have many users that need to create brand-compliant images. It doesn't take much training to get up and running.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
Sarah Roscoe profile photo
December 22, 2018

Easily Create Professonal Graphics

• Tons of templates
  • Unlimited options for creativity
  • It would be nice if there were different file size options or a file size reducer
Canva is great for making social media materials and website/email banners. It is a simple and easy to use product.
Read Sarah Roscoe's full review
William Laurienti profile photo
August 28, 2018

Canva: Pretty pretty and pretty simple.

• Canva makes it very easy to change your mind about what goes where.
  • Canva's chart/graph tool is decent for basic data representation.
  • Cava's palette tool is useful for replicating brand colors around a document. You just take the hex code from your brand documents and drop them in to create a palette.
  • Canva, as a tool that seems to lend itself to information representation, doesn't have any means for managing and representing more complex data relationships. I found myself making charts in Google Sheets, exporting the charts as .png files, and uploading them to Canva.
Canva is great for presenting graphic information. It has tons and tons of templates and access to free and paid graphics. It's also great for making hero images for social posts. It makes beautiful images, and it's super easy to use.
Read William Laurienti's full review

About Canva

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).