Working with Scality has been very good. All the staff have been very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, not only about their product …
NetDocuments provides software as a service and we provide data storage for law firms around the world. We use Scality to store their …
Scality is used for document storage and redundancy within our organization. Due to the nature of our business we require extensive …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Scality ARTESCA, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Scality in San Francisco offers scalable file and object storage for media, healthcare, cloud service providers, and others.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.
The most common users of Scality ARTESCA are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Working with Scality has been very good. All the staff have been very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, not only about their product but about the environment in which they operate. The product facilitated the startup of object storage, however, the time it takes for good implementation of the product cannot be underestimated. It is mandatory to take some time to see how RING will be implemented in your organization. Everything is available by API, we just have to paste it and that's it. Scality RING is now our main answer to help developers make "native" applications.
- It has a good evolutionary trend to stay alongside AWS as a leader.
- The web-based Supervisor GUI and Grafana statistics allow you to drill down into historical data in many ways.
- Easy for the end user to use.
- The system works so well that we now use it for scalable file system storage and disk-to-disk backups.
- The overall packaging is not very good. I think it could be more efficient for installation.
- There are many components in storage servers. This can generally be complex to understand, you have to be patient.
The team in charge of implementing Scality has to be full stack in order to guarantee the correct functioning of the entire system. However, you have to think very carefully about the balance between servers and disks, perhaps adopting smaller fully populated servers instead of large semi-populated servers, which would mean that over time our disk updates will not have a fully useful life.
From the beginning, the support has been the best. All the staff have been very friendly. They have been extremely helpful and above all it has been possible to verify their great knowledge of the subject, even overcoming the barriers of their product and covering the entire environment in the one who operates.
NetDocuments provides software as a service and we provide data storage for law firms around the world. We use Scality to store their documents.
- I love the redundancy of the software.
- From my limited experience, I have not seen anything that needs to be improved. I have found the product to be easy to use.
In my time using the product, I have found that when a drive or memory fails, the built-in redundancy of the product has helped to prevent data loss.
I have seen Scality in the office meeting with our VP and get the feeling that they are here to support us.
Scality is used for document storage and redundancy within our organization. Due to the nature of our business we require extensive encryption and availability for sensitive customer data. The erasure encoding that Scality provides gives us the assurance that documents are rest are never in a state of being downloaded or available to a casual data thief. We also rely heavily on the redundancy that Scality offers by housing the ring in three separate locations.
- Erasure encoding
- High availability
- Exceptional redundancy
- Scality can be an extremely complex ecosystem that requires highly experienced people to maintain
- Having a node fail in the ring can be time consuming to replace and return to full functionality
- A single failed drive can have dramatic impacts on the entire ring.
When high availability and keeping sensitive information safe are top priority Scality is a great option and has good features that make it ideal for these type of applications. For small companies with limited resources to administer extensive systems Scality would not be a good match. It takes people dedicated to this platform to keep it functioning at its best.