Sequel Pro Reviews

Ilyas Bakouch | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Simple and Fast

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is used by the engineering department on daily basis to design, investigate, query and manage our DBs, local and remote.
Read Ilyas Bakouch's full review
December 18, 2019

Great Database IDE Toolkit

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is being used by our organization as a database IDE. My department uses it to create, update, delete and view the table schemas. It helps me to build the software robust and secure.
October 10, 2019

Sequel Pro - A Great Solution for Mac Users

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Sequel Pro to pull custom data sets that help gain insights on products, customers, sales, and more. I am the only one using this software in the marketing department. I use this software to connect to our database in the cloud built on a Magento eCommerce platform. I write custom SQL syntax within this software.
Jake Schlingman | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 17, 2019

Extremely unreliable SQL program that would be great if it just worked

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is used to query data from our system. This is usually limited to our test QA databases. It's also used to test certain elements when creating new features to ensure that data is being created correctly in the appropriate tables. It is used across our engineering and product departments today.
Read Jake Schlingman's full review
Bhargav Nanekalva | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2019

Simple yet powerful

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is an SQL client app that works only on a MacOS. It is used by backend developers who work with the business data layer, and APIs that power the frontend applications. Also, it's most suited for development environments where it helps the developers to quickly perform DDL and DML operations. There are few developers who choose to stick to the CLI, but still, I see more value in a GUI application which saves a lot of time in writing queries.
Read Bhargav Nanekalva's full review
Carlos Eduardo de Souza | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 24, 2018

The best tool I've used for MySQL management

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Sequel Pro on a daily basis and it helps me to better manage and organize our project databases, without needing to use a browser based solution like phpMyAdmin. We use it in both local, staging and production environments.
Read Carlos Eduardo de Souza's full review
Joey Yax | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2017

Free, powerful and easy to use database management tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is used by our developers for accessing MySQL and alternatives like MariaDB. We work with many different clients and websites so having a GUI application that stores credentials for this database but also provides the ability to perform basic to advanced tasks and queries has proven far more efficient than using the terminal or web-based applications like PhpMyAdmin.
Read Joey Yax's full review
Kyle Randolph | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 08, 2017

Sequel Pro: Everything you need in a Mac MySQL interface

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is almost indispensable in our organization. It strikes the perfect balance of intuitive UX and powerful capabilities. We use it internally to query from several databases containing ad-performance data. It is useful for everything from simple exploratory data work to query optimization for BI visualization tools. Sequel Pro's ability to view/create/change database structure and relations make dealing with API or data structure changes a breeze.
Read Kyle Randolph's full review
Anand Chhatpar | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2017

Sequel Pro is the first thing you should install if you're administering a MySQL server on a Mac

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is my MySQL client of choice. I use it on my Macbook and it is used to administer my databases, both locally and on our servers via an SSH tunnel. The main business problem it solves is to provide a GUI-based client for managing and administration of MySQL databases.
Read Anand Chhatpar's full review
November 10, 2017

Sequel Pro is for sure an analyst-friendly data leverage tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Sequel Pro daily for my analyses at my company. I don't necessarily run queries in Sequel Pro all the time but it is absolutely my first choice when I need to filter the data or do a quick sanity check. It's used across the whole company.
June 15, 2017

Great Database Navigator!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Sequel Pro is used as a database management interface at our company. It's used widely across engineering, and it's a good access point for engineers, product managers, etc. It is a versatile tool for peeking into databases and being able to view the tables and db schema from a top down prospective. Makes it easy for both technical and less technical people all the same.

About Sequel Pro

Sequel Pro is a relational database software solution offered by Sequel Pro.