What is SmartVault?

SmartVault is a file syncing and sharing option from the Houston based company of the same name.

Starter

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

July 29, 2022

SmartVault Review

Luke Maddux, PG, LG | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilized Smartvault as a document control feature for our existing clients. Smart Vault then nearly tripled its price for the service. The only notifications of this were some spam emails. Once I found out it was too late. Customer service has been incredibly slow to respond, unhelpful, condescending and unrealistic, requiring several hours of phone calls to get anything answered or changed, I've found. In my view, If I had time to find another service, I would, but at this point, switching would take so much time that I guess we will have to stick it out another year, until things slow down and I can find a replacement. In my opinion, I'd strongly recommend that new users keep looking for something better.
  • Easy navigation
  • Email notifications
  • Document previews
  • Customer service
  • Pricing
  • User interface should be smoother
I would not recommend it.
SmartVault is used by all employees and clients. There is no alternative with included features presently on the market. We have found zero bugs in five years of use. Initially, there is a steep learning curve. Afterward, it becomes an essential tool that increases efficiency significantly. Support is hard to reach and you cannot call them directly. Also when they were bought out, all support moved overseas. However, we would have preferred to remain with native English speakers.
  • Cloud document storage.
  • Transmission of tax returns to client.
  • They have cut back on support as have many SaaS companies recently.
  • The documentation can sometimes be a little difficult to follow.
SmartVault sends out a cover letter with the tax returns that includes a link for them to download their tax returns, avoiding the insecurity of an email attachment. It does not include a statement retrieval feature but does work very nicely with a third-party app called FileThis. The majority of the users in the office have not been able to install the Outlook plug-in due to "a certificate error." In five years, SmartVault has not addressed this issue.
Reaching someone is more difficult than it should be. Also, they don't take possession of known issues always suggesting it is a local PC issue in initial conversations. That, of course, can be frustrating for the end-user.