September 23, 2016
Coming from 20+ years experience with several EHR products (Medisoft Clinical, AltaPoint EHR, SpringCharts, OmniMD and Lytec) we chose to exclusively sell and support TotalMD EHR based on its ease-of-use, speed and affordability. Equally, if not, more importantly, TotalMD EHR has the highest ONC-ATCB full certification (rather than modular) in its class.
- Since TotalMD EHR is a completely integrated system with its TotalMD Practice Management and Patient Billing counterpart, the chance of data entry error across systems is minimized. Provider assessments translate directly to billing data, thus decreasing claim rejections, dramatically.
- Templates are quickly and easily customized by the provider, for any and all specialties, based on the way the provider works as opposed to the way programmers decide.
- Powerful tracking system allows providers to follow lab orders, medications, referral information and more, which enhances the ability to provide better care.
- Although third-party applications are available for smartphone access to certain information, we are hoping to see such applications developed directly by TotalMD, to continue with their all-in-one approach, which minimizes any chance of data error.
- Third-party biometric devices (fingerprint, retinal scan, etc.) can be utilized with the HL7 import capabilities of TotalMD. However, we would like to see such scanning devices created specifically for TotalMD. By doing so, the installation, configuration and support would be handled by one company, rather than a third party.
Read Scott Hoehn's full review
To date, TotalMD EHR is being used in many specialties, including chiropractic, general surgery, home healthcare, mental health, internal medicine, family practice, plastic surgery, OB/GYN and alternative medicine. Because the system is available as both server-based (in-house system) or cloud-based, each practice may choose which option may better suit the way they care for patients, based on portability needs.