Overall Satisfaction with TotalMD EHR
Coming from 20+ years experience with several EHR products (Medisoft Clinical, AltaPoint EHR, SpringCharts, OmniMD and Lytec) we chose to exclusively sell and support TotalMD EHR based on its ease-of-use, speed and affordability. Equally, if not, more importantly, TotalMD EHR has the highest ONC-ATCB full certification (rather than modular) in its class.
- Since TotalMD EHR is a completely integrated system with its TotalMD Practice Management and Patient Billing counterpart, the chance of data entry error across systems is minimized. Provider assessments translate directly to billing data, thus decreasing claim rejections, dramatically.
- Templates are quickly and easily customized by the provider, for any and all specialties, based on the way the provider works as opposed to the way programmers decide.
- Powerful tracking system allows providers to follow lab orders, medications, referral information and more, which enhances the ability to provide better care.
- Although third-party applications are available for smartphone access to certain information, we are hoping to see such applications developed directly by TotalMD, to continue with their all-in-one approach, which minimizes any chance of data error.
- Third-party biometric devices (fingerprint, retinal scan, etc.) can be utilized with the HL7 import capabilities of TotalMD. However, we would like to see such scanning devices created specifically for TotalMD. By doing so, the installation, configuration and support would be handled by one company, rather than a third party.
- Since TotalMD is one of the few EHR systems on the market today, that does not have a required annual (and usually very pricey) support agreement, its fast user implementation time requirement and the many error cross-checking systems, the ROI for most practices, can be seen in a few months.
- Data conversion from several software systems (Medisoft, AltaPoint, Lytec and Visionary) are typically included at no cost, saving many practices thousands of dollars when they switch from a lesser product. The technical team at TotalMD can convert data from most any other product at very reasonable rates.
[We assessed] bringing on another product to our lineup (previously we were top national resellers of Medisoft and AltaPoint). However, TotalMD quickly became our flagship product, as it has proven to have the lowest maintenance/support requirements, the easiest to learn for both practitioners as well as support personnel and is the most affordable (most bang-for-the-buck) for our clients. Supporting over a thousand clients throughout the US, Canada, Guam and Puerto Rico for the past 23 years, we always hold our clients' best interests in mind.
To date, TotalMD EHR is being used in many specialties, including chiropractic, general surgery, home healthcare, mental health, internal medicine, family practice, plastic surgery, OB/GYN and alternative medicine. Because the system is available as both server-based (in-house system) or cloud-based, each practice may choose which option may better suit the way they care for patients, based on portability needs.