TripIt Reviews

Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

TripIt making travel more comfortable on your mind

TripIt is being used by anyone who travels within our organization. Basically anyone who travels uses TripIt. The business problem we've had is twofold: 1. Individuals have delays getting their rental car or solving other travel issues. 2. Others in the organization don't know where their co-workers are traveling and when. TripIt is the central tool for travel communication which allows others in the organization to help when there are travel issues.
  • Easily keeping personal itinerary in one location to know your schedule.
  • Knowing co-worker schedules while they travel.
  • Having all confirmation numbers in one place.
  • Easy way for someone back in the office to help solve travel hiccups knowing my meeting schedules and other commitments.
  • The automatic import of scheduled hotel can occasionally miss a confirmation number depending on the source (small hotel or bed-and-breakfast example).
  • User interface hasn't been updated in years.
If you travel, TripIt is needed. Unless you like to print out all of your flights, car rentals and hotel reservations and put them in your briefcase. So for anyone who travels, being able to forward a confirmation of your reservation and have TripIt take care of the rest...is absolutely brilliant. It is like having a travel assistant help get your ready for your trip. You could be at your kid's soccer game and wonder when your flight is later that afternoon and you KNOW that TripIt has the flight information in your phone app. For those of us who don't like traveling by the seat of our pants, this tool is a huge relief. All easily readable from my phone or laptop for my entire trip. And done so easily with just a few keystrokes to forward a confirmation email.

IF I want to add my meetings, that is my choice. I may enter 1 or 2 meetings that I needed to know the time they started, otherwise I wouldn't enter those since entering meetings was a manual process.
Read Quentin Goin's full review
December 13, 2019

TripIt is the best way to organize your travel plans

I use TripIt on my travels as well as when I have a business trip. I love this tool as it helps me to summarize in one single place all the information related to a trip. In the example, it gets the confirmation emails from hotels, flights, and car rental and puts them all together, creating my travel plan. Thus, I can avoid searching for emails that contain the confirmation number, dates, and times scheduled. Moreover, it updates you with the boarding gate at the airport!
  • Summarises travel information.
  • It updates you with changes in boarding gates.
  • The Pro version is expensive.
  • Works better in the US and Europe but not so well in Asia.
TripIt works exceptionally well for those people that travel frequently and have multiple documentation in their emails. It's the best way to get all the travel data in one place and not having to find confirmation emails. In any case, I wouldn't recommend it for those people that don't often travel, especially the Pro version, which I find a bit too expensive.
December 13, 2019

Love TripIt!

Our entire organization is given a TripIt Pro account that works in conjunction with our travel software, Concur.
  • On point with itinerary sync.
  • Super easy to use.
  • Nothing I can think of that TripIt should improve on.
TripIt is great for reminders, alerts, navigation, and directions to things like airports, car rentals, hotels, fuel, and restaurants. It will even give you places to eat or shop that are close to your gate at the airport. It copies your flight info to check-in using airline apps, which is one of the biggest bonuses using TripIt. I love the receipt capture for travel expenses. It's just really helpful.
October 05, 2019

TripIt - Stress Free Travel

My organization recently rolled out Concur for Expense and Travel management and opted to include TripIt as part of the travel solution company-wide. While TripIt is not required for use, it has really been a quality of life improvement for those of us who have to travel for work. TripIt does a great job consolidating all of your travel information into a single location and providing useful updates to your itinerary as you travel, including giving you updates on flight delays and gate updates. Knowing an app is watching for such changes while you are traveling really helps make the experience stress free.
  • Itinerary Management - TripIt does a great job collecting all of your travel information, including your flight and hotel information all in one location, so that you don't have to deal with multiple vendor apps, emails, or even printouts of that info. It also handles multiple upcoming trips for even easier management and organization
  • Notifications - TripIt notifies you of changes to your itinerary, such as delays or gate changes, which is great to have that information pushed to you rather than having to constantly look at flight boards for updates.
  • Apple Watch integration - As an Apple Watch user, TripIt has gone the extra mile to provide a useful watch app for travelers, making your travel information available on your wrist. This makes it even easier to catch changes to your itinerary, and not have to juggle a phone while you already have a passport and luggage to worry about!
  • My number one request would for TripIt to somehow integrate with the airlines so my boarding pass is captured in my Travel information so I truly have a single app I need for travel.
  • As a business solution, I'd like to see TripIt incorporate the emergency contact information for my company's travel department and overseas support contacts. This information is available to Concur, so I'm not sure why it couldn't be incorporated.
  • This is a silly bit of feedback - I like TripIt's Travel Stats - but since I've only had the app rolled out to me this year, I don't have any stats for prior years. It would be fun (though unnecessary) to be able to import old trips (maybe via email) to see what my stats were like for previous years.
TripIt is one of those business apps that, while not strictly required, represents a huge quality of life improvement for those of us who travel regularly for work. Capturing your itinerary information in one place, so you have one point of reference is a great benefit. When you couple that with relevant notifications about your itinerary, and an Apple Watch app for quick at-a-glance information about your travel plans, you really can't beat it. Highly recommended.
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2019

TripIt is Tops

Tripit is used by everyone on the team, including outside contractors. With Tripit we can have other members of the team manage and know our travel, or simply block out time on calendars where the information is masked. The big problem that TripIt solves is an easy recall of travel details all in one place.
  • Tripit notifies me about flight schedule changes.
  • When a flight is delayed, Tripit tells me before the airline.
  • Tripit organizes my travel details in calendar order. That makes it easy to find confirmation numbers and addresses.
  • Tripit is integrated with my Google Calendar and on my iPhone and iPad making all the information accessible all the time.
  • Tripit is very USA travel-centric. Many confirmations for European bookings need a manual entry.
  • Calendar sync should be near real time. Too often if I delete something on Tripit I find it still on my calendar.
  • Tripit should integrate with more third-party calendar sources so I can know what's going on in the areas I'm visiting before I arrive.
TripIt is great for the business traveler, but also very good for families or groups. One person can make all the reservations, and then share the details from within Tripit vs. having to send individual booking records to everyone. Tripit is not good if you don't manage your circles closely or those you have given permission to in the past. There needs to be more reminding to check those permissions, access, etc. That whole functionality is in need of a major update.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
April 06, 2019

TripIt Pro: keeping it organized

TripIt is offered to employees to help organize travel and keep updated with itinerary and changes. It is offered to everyone. It allows the user/employee to have real-time updates on their itineraries and be able to access their plans, tickets, car rentals, hotels and such directly from their smartphones or computers.
  • Real-time updates to changes in flight plans.
  • Entire itinerary in one place.
  • Ability to automatically import plans, bookings, and tickets from email.
  • TripIt Pro can be expensive.
  • Ability to add more profiles for family members on the same account.
  • Ability to sort personal and work trips better.
For individual personal and professional use, TripIt works really well. It keeps all necessary travel bookings in one place and is easy to access. If there are multiple people that have varying itineraries, it can be a little confusing to keep track of them all (family trips, large professional groups for conferences and such).
May 21, 2018

Never miss a flight again

TripIt is an incredibly useful tool for planning, tracking and managing trips across any organisation. I use it whenever I travel to keep an itinerary with all booking reference numbers, check-in directions, flight confirmations and any other plans and events. Everything is neatly in one place in one click. The premium version has many useful features such as the "Time to leave" feature that keeps users from being late for flights. I highly recommend it.
  • Manages flight bookings and notifies you of flight delays, gate changes and when it is time to leave for the airport.
  • Keeps track of costs.
  • Enables users to see a single detailed itinerary of all of their travel plans in one place.
  • None that I can think of.
TripIt would be useful for any business that has traveling members of staff. It is great for organising conference plans, too.

About TripIt

TripIt is a travel management app offered by Concur, which allows users to organize and coordinate travel plans. Editions include a free version, TripIt Pro, and TripIt for Teams.