Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Automatically backups up our files, so I don't have to manually do it.
- Gives assurance we could quickly retrieve files if we had a failure.
- The Veeam software is complicated, and I haven't had to use it in depth, but perhaps a simplified control panel would be useful.
- Working with large files.
- When there is a requirement to be able to retrieve these large files quickly.
- When the files are business-critical, and there would be a major loss of revenue if we were to lose the files.
- I believe it would be less appropriate to use Veeam for a small number of files that aren't business critical, as there are cheaper and more simple solutions that could be done in-house.
- File-level restores are incomparably quick
- Complete file server restores in minutes vs. hours - perfect for a critical situation
- Images for application upgrades
- Continuous data protection would be awesome. Would love to displace Zerto.
- It took 2 years for us to be fully convinced (we are now) but we wish we could have been sooner.
However, if your team does not value speed of their recovery, or they need continuous backups, Veeam may not be necessary.
- Continuity to instantly recover any app, any data, on any cloud.
- Veeam helps you avoid data loss by enabling low recovery point objectives (RPO) of
- The dashboard on viewing backups and count/failures needs to be better.
- It needs an easy way to delete backups from the target device.
However, depending on cost, sometimes it's cheaper to use local storage if you have the manpower to manually complete the work.
- The program installation is straight forward and uncomplicated.
- Once running it does not put a drain on system resources. After the initial backup subsequent backups are quick.
- It does what it is deigned to do and they have kept it simple for a reason.
- The reporting could use some work. If you have a client who has some serious audit controls in place, you may find yourself creating the report versus depending on the system do that piece for you.
- My complaint would be with the notification emails. They are not configurable and come out regardless of whether a backup set completed or is still running.
- The scheduling is a little clunky. It would be much nicer if the backup could be "continuous" anytime it's connected to the Internet (similar to Carbonite).
Veeam on IBM Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Veeam on IBM Cloud
Veeam on IBM Cloud promises to provide continuous availability to enterprise clients through its combined and automated backup and recovery solution.
Veeam is quickly and seamlessly deployed in your IBM Cloud environment for:
· Fast and agentless image-based backups
· Recovery of entire VMs, individual files, and application items
· Item-level recovery and eDiscovery for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Active Directory
· Transaction-level restore of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
· Automatic testing and reporting of every backup and replica
· Monitoring and alerting to unseen issues which can impact backup and application performance
Veeam on IBM Cloud Screenshots
Veeam on IBM Cloud Video
Veeam on IBM Cloud Integrations
Veeam on IBM Cloud Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Veeam Availability Suite||$15||per VM|
|Veeam Backup and Recovery||$11||per VM|
|Veeam Physical Agent||$18||per VM|
Veeam on IBM Cloud Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Veeam on IBM Cloud Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, IBM AIX, Oracle Solaris|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), APAC ( Asia-Pacific, Australia)|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean|