January 15, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
Our central art and external development team uses Xinet for sharing art assets between studios and vendors. It allows our internal teams to post files to local network drives and have them picked up by external artists around the world.
- Xinet works very well with active directory, allowing us to control user account permissions by adding them to user groups.
- Using SMB via PC allows us to quickly organize and upload files without having to use a software client.
- If you have XMP tags properly filled out in your files, Xinet is able to edit and store information from the database in the files themselves, which is very helpful in tracking down origins of files after they have left the system.
- Automated triggers and actions could be a little more intelligent and could use a better interface (visual) for setting them up.
- Drag and drop file movements in the web portal would be a tremendous improvement.
- 3D file previewing for max and maya files would make the software invaluable to our teams.
Read Michael Ballard's full review
Xinet is great for print marketing users that have a lot of copy in their artwork. Xinet is not especially useful for 3D artwork production.