2Checkout provides good services at a reasonable costhttps://www.trustradius.com/subscription-management2Checkout All-in-one Monetization PlatformUnspecified8.7121012018-06-25T17:37:33.269Z
June 25, 2018
2Checkout provides good services at a reasonable cost
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with 2Checkout (formerly Avangate)
Avangate (now 2Checkout) has been our main software reseller for about ten years. They free us from dealing with multiple payment methods, providing a good solution for handling credit cards. We have customers in more than 50 countries and Avangate hides the complexity of dealing with many currencies and foreign taxes. Avangate protection from fraud has been very effective, something that we appreciate very much. We always received our payments on time, Avangate is a reliable partner that has helped our business.
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
- 2Checkout charges you for every sale. It does not have other costs that can affect your finances.
- 2Checkout has two plans for software companies. Make sure to select the one that is right for you or you will find yourself paying a high commission.
I used to sell my software on Avangate and PayPal at the same time. Costs were very similar but I decided to abandon PayPal because it sometimes required human interventions. I also checked DigitalRiver, but it wasn't easy to setup and I never completed all requirements.